Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency (2781 Views)

Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / DSS Compounds & Complicates Nnamdi Kanu’s Detention / Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On May 11, 2008
adconline:

Kobobaby,
Kobobaby,
The fact that you used Alicia keys statement to infer what is going in black communities is naivety of the highest order. We are talking about a verdict that let go of officers who killed an unarmed man (lets blank his color) even when its against NY state regulation not to fire more than three shots if the person does not pose real danger.

You really have to base your argument on facts not your surroundings, emotions, or colleagues. You don't dispute facts by saying that there are old or no longer the case while what we are talking about what happened in 2006. People are angry not because cops shot Sean Bell, but because the system found them not guilty. Give me another name of inequality before the law. A white person maybe be denied justice, but there is a negative history between blacks and legal system which was entrenched in the system which was intended for blacks not for whites. So when a black person is denied justice that he/she deserves it brings back those memories. You keep talking as if you live in Mars. I don't want you to totally agree with me, but telling me that everything is OK when its not or that everyone has moved on except me even when the case we are talking about is part of America. We cannot ignore American antecedents while living in America; they are part of what make America great. This is where you don't get it. Bob Marley says " you can forget you past" Your past should serve as a reminder to you. Maybe most white Americans should be reminded that their ancestors who sailed across EU to N American were not necessarily by wanted by their people, so it could be suffice to say America is country where rejected stones turned into pillars of strength. I am with Bill Cosby when he said that if the laws on drug offenses pertaining to crack cocaine vs powder cocaine were designed to target blacks then don’t deal on drugs period.

The fact that I used Alicia keys to infer what is going on in the black community? WOW~!! you are really a waste of time. I am done. Thanks
Re: Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency by RichyBlacK(m): 4:33am On May 11, 2008
adconline:

Kobobaby,
Kobobaby,
The fact that you used Alicia keys statement to infer what is going in black communities is naivety of the highest order. We are talking about a verdict that let go of officers who killed an unarmed man (lets blank his color) even when its against NY state regulation not to fire more than three shots if the person does not pose real danger.

You really have to base your argument on facts not your surroundings, emotions, or colleagues. You don't dispute facts by saying that there are old or no longer the case while what we are talking about what happened in 2006. People are angry not because cops shot Sean Bell, but because the system found them not guilty. Give me another name of inequality before the law. A white person maybe be denied justice, but there is a negative history between blacks and legal system which was entrenched in the system which was intended for blacks not for whites. So when a black person is denied justice that he/she deserves it brings back those memories. You keep talking as if you live in Mars. I don't want you to totally agree with me, but telling me that everything is OK when its not or that everyone has moved on except me even when the case we are talking about is part of America. We cannot ignore American antecedents while living in America; they are part of what make America great. This is where you don't get it. Bob Marley says " you can forget you past" Your past should serve as a reminder to you. Maybe most white Americans should be reminded that their ancestors who sailed across EU to N American were not necessarily by wanted by their people, so it could be suffice to say America is country where rejected stones turned into pillars of strength. I am with Bill Cosby when he said that if the laws on drug offenses pertaining to crack cocaine vs powder cocaine were designed to target blacks then don’t deal on drugs period.

adconline,

I understand and agree with you on this, unfortunately, junk-brained Kobojunkie can never understand (talk less of agreeing with you on) the plight of the black man in America. So, don't be too bothered about her kind.
Re: Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency by adconline(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2008
Yes Kobo says something and wants it to mean a different thing. Maybe we all need Ph.Ds in rocket science in order to decode what she implies.
Re: Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On May 15, 2008

Just some weeks ago, a hollywood artist claimed that the white government invented HipHop music to cause black people to shoot each other. That there shows how much intelligence she feels africans and african americans have. By the statement she made, she already made up her mind that black people are idiots and so easy puppets for any person with an idea or an agenda. I wonder when black people will start taking offence to such.

Kobobaby,

You need to be a rocket scientist to understand that the two statements above are not in any way related?? WOW!!! hmmm, very interesting!!!
Re: Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency by Ibime(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2008
Kobo needs a koboko. She hates racebaiters more than racists? She is completely out of touch with black people. Nobody is a racebaiter. Frankly, we couldn't give two stuffs. If Black people are racebaiters, then what will you call Jewish people? I love Jews*******before they accuse me of anti-semitism*******they protect each member of their society just like we protect ours. They even do it more than us. Yet, I don't see you harping on about Jews and their racebaiting.

*******Walks away from thread********No point arguing with people who religiously follow FOX News and swallow their prejudices even to the point of self-loathing*******
Re: Re: Sean Bell Verdict Complicates Things For Obama's Candidacy To Win The Presidency by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On May 15, 2008
Ibime:

Kobo needs a koboko. She hates racebaiters more than racists? She is completely out of touch with black people. Nobody is a racebaiter. Frankly, we couldn't give two stuffs. If Black people are racebaiters, then what will you call Jewish people? I love Jews*******before they accuse me of anti-semitism*******they protect each member of their society just like we protect ours. They even do it more than us. Yet, I don't see you harping on about Jews and their racebaiting.

*******Walks away from thread********No point arguing with people who religiously follow FOX News and swallow their prejudices even to the point of self-loathing*******

You do not seem to get it. "Race-Baiters" are racists in disguise. I do not mind one who is openly racist as it is his/her human right to choose to hate another for any reason he/she deems suitable. It is not illegal to be racist. I do not hate anyone and infact encourage freedom of expression as long as one understands that I am also free to come down as well. In my opinion, you can be blue or black and hate me for being green, that is perfectly wonderful in my world. Just know your boundaries is all. "Race-Baiters" on the other hand are people who are closet racists and somehow have convinced themselves they are freedom fighters for the one race while they continue to be racist to the other group. Not illegal as well but hypocritical and so I am against them.

You keep saying FOX news as if FOX does not present good news. I posted earlier about what I saw on ABC morning show about Alisha keys and you immediately ran off in the mouth about it being about FOX. I posted celebrity blog articles stating same and you came back with a silly compilation that I had to immediately drop it cause I did not see any need to continue with someone who is bound to deny it all. I am not against FOX, News is news to me. I am not speaking of Jews and I am not into your mind games at all. If you have issues with them, please leave it for another thread and focus on the topic. Nothing worse than people who come out to distract cause of the issues they can not seem to put to the side.

Fact, in this case, is there is something terribly wrong when someone who claims to be a "freedom fighter" for the black race continually treats cases involving blacks and whites in such a way as to portray the black people involved as stupid bonobos who need not be considered intelligent just cause one or more whites are also involved. There are 2 black men involved in this case and people have the audacity to label it a race issue even when it is showed that the blacks involved pulled the trigger as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha’s London Properties For Sale / Pictures: How Lagos looked in the 60s, 70s and 80s; better than today? / Pdp Is The Cause Of Insecurity In Nigeria - Azazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.