Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model (55285 Views)

These Photos Of A 7-year-old Nigerian Model Have Got Everyone Talking / A Nigerian Model Falls As She Catwalks In Lagos / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by reniks(f): 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2006
She doesn't look bad really just not my idea of a top model.I know she's a big time model though,cos i got friends in the industry who know her.
She doesn't have to sleep with any man to make ends meet?U think Well maybe not to make ends meet but well,
Anyway i heard quite a little about her in the past week and i was dying to put a face to her now thank God i can.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Idekeson(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2006
@Orikinla
How can you make such a bold false statement "Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model" and expect enlightened Nigerians to buy it. Even if you're her agent. Nigeria has internationally acclaimed models like Oluchi Onwuagba. Appearing as a Sports Illustrated, Swimsuit model qualifies her as Nigeria's top model, not your Linda, no matter how successful she is in the Nigerian circle.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by snazzydawn(f): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2006
She looks okay to me
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by chinani(f): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2006
WOW! I see this thread has gotten outta control. . .well who am I to put my foot down? grin

Anyhow, who the hell is JETA AMATA Sounds like a video game. . .and a Sega at that. tongue
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by snazzydawn(f): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2006
Jeta Amata is a Nollywood actor cum producer.He belongs to the famous Amata dynasty.He is the handsome one with dreadlocks.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by chinani(f): 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2006
Thanks Snazzy. Now for Question 2. What is the Amata Dynasty?
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by snazzydawn(f): 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2006
Zack Amata,Fred Amata,Ruke Amata,Jeta Amata,I wish they had a website.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Efani(m): 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2006
yea she's aiight
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2006
I had a crush on Jeta amata. His dreadlocks kill me! He's soo cute!

BTW, orinkila, u must be getting paid a whole lot oo. U just carry one girl from no where and named her NIgeria's top model. Na yam??
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by sade511(f): 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2006
I need to see this guy anyone got any pics?
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2006
OMG, somebody help me, IT'S NOT JETA I LIKE OO>

It is FRED AMATA i had a crush on. JETA IS UGLY!!!

Fred also had dreads for sometime. Fred is the CUTE one, The hottest amongst the 'amata dynasty'. lol God forbid me crush on jeta. lipsrsealed

But i think fred is also fat now. i 'had' a crush on him,not 'have' a crush on him.

I loved him in "keeping faith". He was sooo good in that movie.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Orikinla(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2006
Point of correction.
I[b] SAID THE HIGHEST PAID MODEL IN NIGERIA. [/b]
AND NOT THE HIGHEST PAID NIGERIAN MODEL.

You don't have to be a beauty queen to be a successful model.
BUT YOU MUST HAVE THE LOOK.
I call it THE LOOK APART.

Is Alek Wek better looking than most of the Nigerian girls hawking oranges on our streets in Nigeria?
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Orikinla(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2006
Jeta Amata is 32 years old and has just produced his first 35mm feature "Amazing Grace" that he took to the Cannes Festival.

Jeta was formerly the youngest Nigerian film producer/director.

The youngest Nigerian Film director now is Kenneth Gyang. Who is 20.

See Pictures of Jeta Mata and Kenneth Gyang below.

Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Eastcoast(f): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2006
snazzydawn:

She looks okay to me
we all agree she is ok but for the top model that orinkala claims and she believes she is, i just gotta say no. she may pass as a top model in nigeria but come on, she isn't of international quality. i see nothing in those pictures. the one with her hair flying (first of all, there isn't any hair sef) is another story all together, it is like she is buying meat at oshodi market.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Eastcoast(f): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2006
yes and about her age, i just can't believe it. i guess she falsified it. You know nigerians, she definitely look like she's in her 30's.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Orikinla(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2006
Eastcoast,
I have known Linda Ikeji since when she was only 17 fresh from graduating from the Lagos Anglican Girls secondary school in Surulere in 1997.

She was brought to my office on Owei Street, Jibowu, Yaba, Lagos.
I was the editor of the defunct Affections International magazine that featured Adelaide Mary Olagbaju (Mrs), 65A Fitzgeorge Avenue, London, of the Kente Oke fame as the cover story of the maiden edition.

I had a modeling agency and I thank God that the models I discovered succeeded in their modeling careers. Blessing is doing well in South Africa and two migrated to the US and one of them has decided to become an academician.
I registered as a model at 15 with the agency of Dame Taiwo Ajai-Lycett.

You are in US?
Have you been to Park Avenue in New York?
One Lady Tanya Hume there can tell you more about me. Because, I was fornerly too arrogant to indulge in petty exchanges. So, I don't have the time for frivolity.
If I say Linda Ikeji is 25, that is her real age.

Personally, I don't like talking about myself. But you have compelled me to give you the above details.

This home girl with a tall ambition who is going to launch a first class pop culture magazine that is the first of it's kind in Nigeria and the critics who previewed it have even rated it above True Love published in South Africa deserves our commendation and not your sarcastic posts.

May God bless you as you as you appreciate the success of others.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2006
Ohh now i get it. U discovered her. Okay, well i appreciate her success, im just saying stop making it seem like she's the "IT" girl. U would love to see her be the "IT" girl, but i don't think she's "IT" right now.

She might be the "IT" girl after she takes better pictures, and get better make-up artiste or something. IF she's gonna wear make-up, she'd better wear it right. And her hair-stylist, and worse of all her photographer. They have to do better jobs.

I understand that u are advertising her, and she's prolly known in NIgeria to be a model (how many skinny girls in nigeria aren't even models? lol).

Well, i appreciate her alright. More grease to her elbows. But u have to welcome criticism. Im sure she appreciates the critics herself.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Efani(m): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2006
true but who r u to criticize someone?
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2006
Efani:

true but who r u to criticize someone?

I'm the person that'll buy the magazine she features on. I want good stuff for my money. If i see any of those pictures in front of any magazine I WON'T BUY IT! Likewise many of the people that read magazines.

Now that's who i am. Im the person that won't buy the cloths she advertising, cos she looks saggy in the cloths. She has to sell to me! She's the model, im the buyer! ya dig? Im important in her life. Im A person.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Orikinla(m): 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2006
Hot Angel,
What I have done for Linda Ikeji, I have done same for total strangers I have not even seen in real live. And one of them you know her very well on Nairaland and she is already being considered for roles in the coming film productions of Kenneth Gyang. And to know who Kenneth Gyang is just Google his name. The Nairaland hottie is well known. But, I will not mention her name.

I appreciate people and that is the best way to appreciate God.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2006
@ orikinla, im not saying u've done bad by advertising Linda, IM NOT HATING ON LINDA. I was just a little pissed off when u turned it to personal attacks. SHe's a model for fxcks sake. She has to be criticize, if by nobody, By FAT GIRLS LIKE ME! I have to hate on her a lil bit, She should be ready for that! cheesy cheesy

On a serious note, look at those pictures man, come on. Im sure people won't criticize her if she has "IT" all.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Orikinla(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2006
Hot Angel,
Fat or Lepa Shandy, I love em all. cheesy

Check out my posts on sexy big babes on my http://boggywoggy..com

Only the best is good enough for us ~~ Bishop Ajayi Crowther.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 05, 2006
This thread made me laugh out loud.

U guys are all funny

I wont say a word
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by somebody(f): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2006
If the girl in that picture is a top model in Nigeria, then, no comment.
@Orikinla, your model friend should use people criticisms to improve. There have been excellent suggestions already-she needs to find a new make up artist, photographer etc, I wish her all the best.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by ldollier(f): 1:45am On Jun 06, 2006
there are too many haters on this page. speaking of haters, linda ikeji: top nigerian model shocked shocked shocked!!!. u kid me not,

well just like all models, there are some criticism. so here are mine, first of all her head is too big sad. secondly her shape is to big, lastly she aint that pretty!!!. when i said haters, i am also included/

but whom am i to judge. she is already making money sad. but i applaud her greatly, because i am not used to seeing her kind of models. but hey, she is making it in nigeria.

i know a lil bit about the modelling industry and trust me, if she were to be in america and pursue her career. she will be greatly dissed not criticized.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Eastcoast(f): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2006
she needs to drop about 15 pounds and work on her poses.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by sade511(f): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2006
She's too old to model she should just stick to her agency job.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by Eastcoast(f): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2006
@orinkala, because 2 of your discovered models moved to the US doesn't guarantee their success. there are millions of girls over here that are qualified to be models but they havn't gotten a chance. You need to watch fashion shows - americas next top model, 8th and ocean, real world( i know it is a game show but come on who makes it to the show if not model like and beautiful people Then you will know what i am talking about. that is even to far. just take a look at the models of today, like all the victoria's secret models, or all these designers models, and compare their look to your Top model's (linda) look. and you should be able to tell me the difference. She needs to drop the pounds, get a face lift, and learn to work infront of the camera. wink
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2006
lol, eastcoast got me rolling.

I guess it's ur turn to TALK. i already did my own talk. I hate it when someone who's not all that is being praised, and is being put out as vavavavoom!

Linda can make it, but right now, she isn't there yet.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by MrBean(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2006
hot-angel:

Linda can make it, but right now, she isn't there yet.

For where? Oshodi? NEVER beyond the shores of Nigeria. Who are we kidding in the name of being nice?
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by hotangel2(f): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2006
hanhan now. SHE CAN MAKE IT! If she tries harder.
Re: Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model by MrBean(m): 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2006
@hotangel

Where do you live? What country? I am not trying to be funny. Just tell me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is Better Than Brazilian Hair / Barber Cuts Customers' Hair With Axe (photo) / Lady Cut Her Hair After Being Charged $300 For Braiding In United States (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.