Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. (15660 Views)

Nigerian AirForce Plane Crashes In Yola, Adamawa State - Sahara Reporters / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Yola, Adamawa / Attack: CJ Orders Shutdown Of Ekiti Courts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by awesomet1(m): 2:07pm On May 27, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,
Many of us resident in Yola woke up this morning to find out we could not connect to any of the major cellphone networks(MTN, GLO, AIRTEL etc). As at this moment we are completely incommunicado. The general atmosphere in the town is peaceful and calm with people going about their daily business. No one seems to know the reason why all the networks are shutdown. Yola has never had any case of insurgenency form the Boko Haram sect. Anybody who can come up with an explanation to this will be greatly appreciated. From a concerned citizen.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by awesomet1(m): 2:08pm On May 27, 2013
Moderator please frontpage.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by venorite(m): 3:29pm On May 27, 2013
so how re u posting this op?

13 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 27, 2013
I still think it has to do with the BOKO boys.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by babaskool2: 3:31pm On May 27, 2013
Lol u don't know anything yet when u had d chance to report d crooks among u didn't now ur complaining d army took down d phone network kmt

7 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by GIANTSTRIDE(m): 3:35pm On May 27, 2013
Dats serious;no wonder couldn't reach my people in Numan..Guess its nt unconnected to the security situation..I pray for peace IJN
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by gnot: 3:36pm On May 27, 2013
test d off comm grin grin grin
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by ATMCARD2(m): 3:45pm On May 27, 2013
awesome_t: Dear Nairalanders,
Many of us resident in Yola woke up this morning to find out we could not connect to any of the major cellphone networks(MTN, GLO, AIRTEL etc). As at this moment we are completely incommunicado. The general atmosphere in the town is peaceful and calm with people going about their daily business. No one seems to know the reason why all the networks are shutdown. Yola has never had any case of insurgenency form the Boko Haram sect. Anybody who can come up with an explanation to this will be greatly appreciated. From a concerned citizen.
.Did u send this post thru hand written?Or u hv gone out ur sensez?

2 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by awesomet1(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2013
venorite: so how re u posting this op?
from the Internet in my work place

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by awesomet1(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2013
ATM-CARD:
I am in the midst of the situation. I am reporting the situation as currently experienced.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by 1MCN: 4:46pm On May 27, 2013
Friend, did you say Adamawa has not known any insurgency? I thought it's among the SOE states?
@OP, Well, I guess it must be for the security operations going on there. Maybe there's a reliable intel the JTF has got so it needs to cut the insurgents off communication. It must be a challenging time for our brovs up north. They must have paid in lumpsome for this whole mess. But whatever such sacrifice gets us all as a nation out of this mess may be said to be worth it. I pray heavens to help you all with the strength and sense to bear this pain.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Okijajuju: 4:55pm On May 27, 2013
The Nigerian Army must be carrying out a strategic raid so they have prolly carried out a communications black out exercise to limit how info is passed back and forth between the terrorists.

Dont worry! Network will be restored as soon as possible. Please endure this as it is for your own safety.

P.S; I hope the Terrorists have walkie talkies or Thruraya.

3 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by bizfirst: 4:57pm On May 27, 2013
It has been reported in the media a few days back. The reason is because the boko boys rely heavily on 'intelligence' gathered by means of cellular communication.
Take a look at the links that reported the matter:
1. http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/23517-security-telecoms-network-shutdown-in-adamawa-borno-yobe-states
2. http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/12075-emergency-rule-military-shuts-down-telecoms-networks-imposes-curfew-in-adama-senate-opens-debate-next-to-use-air-strikes-when-necessary

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 27, 2013
Nice, am loving it. next to join na Tv and radio stations. Wen una stay 2 months without any communication, then bokos are rams go know say western education is great. AIRTEL, GLO, MTN AND ETISALAT make una go off for 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Seyixyz: 5:01pm On May 27, 2013
venorite: so how re u posting this op?
U see ur lyf?Use ur brain rightly jor
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by IbroYaya: 5:04pm On May 27, 2013
Welcome Development!
We must all make scarifice for peace.
My prayer is that JTF should complete their operations on time, so that people can begin to communicate.
I had that it yeilded much results in Borno and Yobe states. Adamawa is peaceful, but those boko boys are trying to migrate to the state.
These are the last days of Boko haram. Their sponsors will soon be fished out.

I really love Gongola.....
God bless former Gongola state, God bless Adamawa, God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by ATMCARD2(m): 5:05pm On May 27, 2013
awesome_t: I am in the midst of the situation. I am reporting the situation as currently experienced.
.Ok dats gud 4 u pple 4 mekin 9ja ungovernable,nw d Soldiers r mekin life unbearble 4 ur guys.Oya ans me......who is suffering it most nw??

3 Likes

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by viktuur(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2013
No cause for ALARMS!
Its to protect us!

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Inik(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2013
Its part of the sacrifice you guys have to make for the SOE to succeed.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by ichommy(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2013
Sorry about that

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Hoodrat(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2013
War in Africa: it is the imperialist elites who insist on inventing imaginary, shadowy,enemies, when the enemy is the Imperialist elites themselves. Imperialist media War propaganda manipulates us into intensifying genocide as the imperialist capitalists corporations rake profits.

The imperialist capitalist philosophy is predicated upon the destruction of humanity, the annihilation of the will of the people. imperialists do not save lives, they save money.

The imperialist capitalist system is designed to help the powerful continent and enslave Africa;it is the very vessel of slavery.

Imperialist capitalist global system thrives on stealing the resources of the poor,and starving them so they can't complain. imperialist international police state,designed to ensure that the oppressed remain silently oppressed.
Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism.

In order for capitalism to generate greater profits than the home market can yield ,Imperialist merging of banks and industrial cartels produces finance capitalism.

We must straighten our backs and strive for our freedom. No one can ride you, unless your back is bent to be rode on. Straighten your mind. Seizing power from the Imperialist capitalists and their local puppet and putting in the hands of the struggling masses. We thought Hitler was the worse of the worst but we have many of Hitlerians today in Africa causing genocides, mass destruction, unnecessary wars etc.

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by moshoodn(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2013
GIANT STRIDE: Dats serious;no wonder couldn't reach my people in Numan..Guess its nt unconnected to the security situation..I pray for peace IJN

Numan is safe...

Just got offline with a buddy over there.

Besides the network ish, all is well in Numan.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Hoodrat(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2013
Imperialist media War propaganda manipulates us into intensifying genocide as the imperialist capitalists rake profits.

We thought Hitler was the worse of the worst but we have many of Hitlerians today causing genocides, mass destructions, unnecessary war.

You are killing in the name of corporate war than saving your butts.There's nothing heroic about being a boko haram/soldier & jtf
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by moshoodn(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2013
ATM-CARD:

Not everyone connects to the Internet through MTN et al....

Or don't you know??
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by awesomet1(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Ok dats gud 4 u pple 4 mekin 9ja ungovernable,nw d Soldiers r mekin life unbearble 4 ur guys.Oya ans me......who is suffering it most nw??
dude I'm not a northerner. I only work here.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by favouredseed(f): 5:26pm On May 27, 2013
ATM-CARD:
Ode, how was internet sourced before d coming of GSM?? U be learner ?

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by HAH: 5:35pm On May 27, 2013
This is just to hurt the masses because the Boko Haram commanders use satelite phone(thuraya) to communicate.

I still wonder what is Adamawa doing in this SOE to be frank, kano and bauchi are more hostile abi oga jona they fear kwankwaso

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by sureway1(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2013
Wait let me talk to the officer in charge.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Adanyebe(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2013
THE MOST BRILLIANT STEP EVER TAKEN BY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TO FRUSTRATE ALL SECTS AND INSURGENTS..... THANKS GEJ

1 Like

Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by alumnidoggz(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2013
i heard borno yobe hav been experiencing d same situation 4 d past 2 months.
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 27, 2013
[quote
author=Okija juju]The Nigerian Army must be carrying out a strategic
raid so they have prolly carried out a communications black out
exercise to limit how info is passed back and forth between the
terrorists.

Dont worry! Network will be restored as soon as possible. Please endure
this as it is for your own safety.

P.S; I hope the Terrorists have walkie talkies or Thruraya.
[/quote]

looool...just an observation, you love using war terms.lool
Re: Shutdown Of Cellphone Networks In Yola Adamawa State. by AbuMikey(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2013
Too bad ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ una ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blasphemy: Security Operatives, Religious Leaders Meet In Borno / "The President And His Social Media Friends” Olusegun Adeniyi / David Mark: Counsels Close Case, Benue Tribunal Set To Announce Date Of Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.