Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Boarding School Experience: Name Yours - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding School Experience: Name Yours (1155 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by Ndipe(m): 10:14pm On May 16, 2006
Living in the boarding house was a memorable experience for me. I still relieve those experiences til today. It gave me the drive to suceed in life, and I count that as one of the highlights (among other things/events in Nigeria) of my life. While driving to a wedding in San Francisco, one of my inlaws was narrating to me of his own experiences in Nigeria, a fun filled one, and he concluded that the obstacles that we experience in America are sometimes squashed on by our experiences in Nigeria. I have loads of experiences.

One a senior student assembled some junior students to fetch water for him. A friend and I were among those group of unlucky students assigned to this unpleasant duty and we teamed up and abandoned his bucket (pail). So that evening, he went around scouting for us in the chapel, singling out each of the recalcitrant students one by one, but could not figure us out. Each time "Pentona" came to our pew, my friend and I would bow our heads down to avoid being recognized, and at the end of it all, he launched into a diatribe that he was going to punish us. He did not know our names, and we escaped punishment. He and I later on became friends, but I never told him of my mischief.

Another one: I was spending the night at a friend's dormitory when he had a dream. He told me that he saw a ghost in his dream, trying to kiss him. So, when he woke up, a white shirt in the dormitory temporarily discombobulated his frame of mind and he assumed that it was that ghost. He screamed in the middle of the night, and then there was silence. All of a sudden, another student led out a heartrending scream that someone was holding unto his clothes or something to that effect. I clung unto my friend's bed tightly, and the next morning, some folks were saying that perhaps something diabolical had occured in my friend's dormitory.
Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by kellorah: 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2006
i wish i had one but my dad did let us board.
nice stories u got. smthn to always remember
Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2010
Thank God i didnt attended one! More replies
Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by Kadata(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2010
Mine
I attended a Federal Government College, and LABOUR<clearing of grasses> seemed to constant in all 'PRO UNITATEs'.
Of course it was hell too, as the labour prefect would make sure we clear every area with our cutlass. There was this labour day, I didn't have a cutlass. I knew that going for labour that day would be hell because those without cutlasses were punished and made to work harder than those who had. Well, I had to think of ways to escape<skip> labour that day, because the last thing I wanted was a punishment from the labour prefect.
As soon as I heard the bell for labour, I packed my books and ran with all my might to the staff quaters. I had to practically make sure I was invisible to the staff living there, because if I was caught, it would be double trouble. I sneaked by the corner of peoples houses to make sure I wasn't caught.
Now where was I heading to. Practically nowhere. I sighted my classmates who had timed the bell and skipped prior to it's ringing. I ran along and and met up with them. They exchanged dubious glances as if I was an intruder. It was then I realised that I wasn't welcome.
<I'd complete d story later>
Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by xreal: 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2010
hahaha (laughs)
@kadata
cutlass? to clear grass? So your palms couldn't do the clearing.
@ndipe
u dare abandon an assignment - jst to fetch water, kai!
---child's play.
The FUN could only b gotten at JAJI, ZARIA.
Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by Emperor5c(m): 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2010
chai!! grin grin
i remember those gud old days @ presbyterian seminary yakurr(PSY)
my ekule, my ebibi, chai!! hw fast time can fly.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Experience: Name Yours by WackyJ1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2010
More replies.

(1) (Reply)

'Secret' Cults Are No Longer Secret / Inquiry On Parttime Degree Program In Ambrose Alli University / Unizik Pume Form Nd Exam Dates Nw Officially Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.