Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Tatoo And Islam... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tatoo And Islam... (1622 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tatoo And Islam... by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2008
I want to know what is the view of the great religion concerning tatoo on the body,
is it contradicting to the doctrine of the religion?

Please throw more light to this, personally am about drawing tatoo on my body but i want to
whatz up with my religion.
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by SeanT21(f): 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2008
it depends on the kind of tattoo you are getting.

if you get a snake or a dragon its against the religion.

if you get a flower or your name then its cool.

what are you gonna get?
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by olabowale(m): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2008
@the poster: The breaking of skin, tatooing, and the likes are against the commandment of God. All//ah talks against all kinds of body and appearance changes, modifications, disfigurations, etc. Finally one of the group of people who will be shaded under the Throne of Almighty Allah in the day of Judgement, will be believers who did not break their own skin.

If you simply do a search on Google and enter "tattooing and appearance change in Qu/r'a/n" you will find the truth.

1. Allah Ta'ala says:

"Shaitaan said: 'I will teach them to ruin the  appearance made by Allah. " (Surah Nisaai)

Examples of ruining the appearances bestowed onto us by Allah Ta'ala are shaving the beard, tattooing,  women cutting their hair, etc.  Different rules apply to the changing of appearances.  Certain changes are prohibited as mentioned above.  Certain changes pertain to adornment and are  waajib (compulsory), e.g. clipping of the mustache, cutting nails, removal of the hairs below the naval  and under the arms. Other Changes are permissible, e.g, for a man to shave  his head, to cut  the beard after it had exceeded a fist-length, etc.  Such permissible ways of adornment are decided on  by the Shariah and not by custom. Custom is not on  par with Sharaii  . Furthermore customs is subject to  change with the times and attitudes of people, but  not so the Shariah  .

2. Allah Ta'ala says:

"Do not incline to the transgressors-for then the Fire will touch you." (Surah rah Hood)

The Qur'aan prohibits Muslims from inclining (or adopting) to the ways, cultures and customs of the Nonbeliever, Inclining towards them is punishable by the Fire of Jahannum as is stated in the above aayat. It is evident that if one adopts a culture or the ways of a particular people, it will be because of one's pleasure for such ways and customs. The heart having inclined towards the aliens, adopts their ways which it finds pleasing and attractive. But, Islam forbids its followers to incline towards the transgressors and the kuffaar.
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2008
i love ur answer quite satisfying may almighty allah increase ur knowledge
thanks[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by shuppie(f): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2008
it is ALLAH with capital A, take note
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by mukina2: 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2008
SeanT21:

it depends on the kind of tattoo you are getting.

if you get a snake or a dragon its against the religion.

if you get a flower or your name then its cool.

what are you going to get?

where did you get this from?
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by Mustay(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2008
olabowale:

@the poster: The breaking of skin, tatooing, and the likes are against the commandment of God. All//ah talks against all kinds of body and appearance changes, modifications, disfigurations, etc. Finally one of the group of people who will be shaded under the Throne of Almighty Allah in the day of Judgement, will be believers who did not break their own skin.

true. I've read about it once in the Qur'an
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by samba123(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2008
Tatoo is haram, why should you put an ICON or IMAGE in your body? its make you sick and

look like you have been in the Jail break,
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by subzeeero(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2008
In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and the women who have them done, and the women who pluck eyebrows and the women who have that done, and the women who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification, those who change the creation of Allaah. And he said: Why should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed?

This hadeeth proves that permanent tattoos are forbidden in islam and people that do the tatoos and those that have them done are cursed.

Allah knows best
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by humblesoul(m): 3:42am On Apr 19, 2009
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by littleb(m): 9:06am On Apr 19, 2009
@poster,

I will like to refer you to "Lawful and the forbidden in Islam". by Yusuf Qardawi

If I have time I would present it here.
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by babs787(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2009
Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'The evil eye is a fact,' and he forbade tattooing. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 827)"

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Yazid Al-Ansari: "The Prophet forbade robbery (taking away what belongs to others without their permissio[b]n), and also forbade mutilation (or maiming) of bodies. [/b] (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Oppressions, Volume 3, Book 43, Number 654)"

Narrated 'Aun bin Abu Juhaifa: "My father bought a slave who practiced the profession of cupping. (My father broke the slave's instruments of cupping). I asked my father why he had done so. He replied, 'The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood, and also forbade the profession of tattooing, getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba, (usury), and cursed the picture-makers.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Sales and Trade, Volume 3, Book 34, Number 299)"

Narrated 'Abdullah: "Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7) (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 815)"
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by Horus(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2009
Do you allow a tatoo of Osama Ben Laden?. Is its against the religion of Islam?
(I hope that I will not get beheaded before receiving and answer to this question)
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by littleb(m): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2009
@Horus
Horus:

Do you allow a tatoo of Osama Ben Laden?. Is its against the religion of Islam?
(I hope that I will not get beheaded before receiving and answer to this question)

There is one perception needed to be corrected about Osama. He is just a human being like all other muslims and not a prophet, and as we muslim believe, prophet Muhammad was the last of all prophets.
Now, actually, I am not aware of Osama's tattoos, however osama used to be flirtatious before he started practicing Islam properly. Moreso, I have several friends like that too with tattoos before practicing Islam properly.
Re: Tatoo And Islam... by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
What about African tribal marks?

(1) (Reply)

Another Teacher Of The Koran In Hot Soup / Austrailian Muslim Women On Football Mission / Can We Have An E-arabic Class On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.