Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

Tissue Paper And Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tissue Paper And Islam (38925 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2009
No offense please but:

Is it true that the Islamic doctrine forbids the use of toilet paper?. Is it a sin to use toilet paper as a muslim?. What do muslims use in the toilet then?. If no, explain why moslems use the toilet differently?

To Wipe Or Not To Wipe

What, , what is this? It began in the 17th century when England sent its ambassador's to establish both financial and diplomatic ties to the great Ottoman Empire. This long gone realm once ruled a great portion of the earth, stretching its rule out in all directions; from Turkey as far as Africa, India and into the western portions of Europe.

Through the passing centuries this Moslem Empire was ruled over by many powerful Sultans and it was a very rich and powerful kingdom. The roots of this empire dated back hundreds of years, to the time of wondering tribes and individual sects of nomads, eventually being united into one secular body by Mohammed. Consistent with all other earthly nations and empires, the Ottoman Empire was also made up of many different peoples. Each of these non conforming tribes brought with them into the empire all their many acquired practices and traditions, forging a very diverse and complex Empire.

These nomads were considered to be heathen by the western powers, for they lived a nomadic life, and when they did settle they were crude by the standards of western culture. But on the other hand, the diverse tribes also considered the western cultures to be heathen in nature and unsavory in character.

One of the many controversies that arose among this vast empire came about when western influence began to encroach into the Islamic way of life. This became obvious when the western culture began to introduce to its counter part the use of "TOILET PAPER," yes I said "TOILET PAPER!"

The common practice among the Mohammedan's and nearly every eastern person was to, and still is, to wipe themselves with their left hands, using sand
or dirt whenever possible. Due to this practice, this "manner" became a natural part of life, and among the Mohammedan nations the left hand gained its importance in their society. Regardless of western thought, the use of the left hand carries a strong discipline with it, even unto this very day.

One of the logical outcomes of this practice was that all Mohammedan's would only eat with the right hand, knowing what the left hand is used for. And if you were ever to break this tradition, you would soon find yourself rejected and an outcast and the reason for this is not difficult to understand.

For one of the severe Islamic punishments is to cut off the right hand, thereby rendering that individual a permanent outcast, because he can no longer eat with family or friends!

Now came western culture onto the eastern scene, carrying with them all their many articles of a so called "advanced society," and sure enough, toilet paper immediately became a controversy among all Islam. "Who were these western heathen dogs, opposing Ala, and His will," was the cry among the eastern masses.
[size=14pt]
Sure enough, soon it was considered a great sin to use toilet paper too, well, clean ones self after a natural body function. By using toilet paper, the privy user then had the privilege to use the left hand to eat or serve with, which immediately identified and marked this person as a Godless heathen. Over the years, Toilet Paper slowly found its way into the Islamic culture and along with its use came division! This division still prevails this very day, and the breaking of this tradition still carries with it a heathen connotation!
[/size]

Western society might think this to be very silly, but it is something very serious to a very powerful and very large group of religious people, even unto this very day!

[size=14pt]There is no doubt, that Tradition plays a very strong role in all religious Perceptions, and often divides its so called followers into many factions. [/size]Sometimes these factions will kill each other over their Traditions, yes, even over Toilet Paper!

May you "Wipe or Not Wipe" with paper, sand or leaves, a particular way or not at all, remember how easy it is to become a heathen in the eyes of others! In fact, if paper is your way, you're a heathen right now, judged by Millions and maybe Billions!

"What a tissue to be judged on?"

http://www.ticktalk.net/wipe.html
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 7:21am On Jan 15, 2009
Resolved QuestionShow me another »
How do i start potty training / toilet training for my MUSLIM CHILD BOY /GIRL?
I am a 20 year old married muslim girl and recently moved to USA, I dont have any older female relatives like sister, mom , aunts etc to discuss this topic with, and im the first among my friends to get married,
i am going to ahve a baby soon but im very scared and confused about how i will start potty training my child in USA america , especially if its a boy, ( even girl),
Muslim parents will understand my concern since us muslims use the toilet in a different way , and we also need WATER for cleaning in the toilet,
(As an adult , in the beginning i was shocked to see no " muslim toilets showers" in the toilet for adults , but i installed a long shower hose attachment from another water line and also kept a " lota " )
Anyway, how do i handle potty /toilet training for my kids? especially keeping in mind they will be going to american non muslim schools (no toilet use water
2 years ago
Additional Details

2 years ago
Do muslim parents in america train their kids to use toilet paper? or find some way to use water in home toilets and some other option ( toilet paper etc ) at school?
is it ok for muslim kids in america not to use water? just toilet paper.?, and do muslim toddler boys pee etc standing up or sitting ? ( muslim boys do it sitting)
someone please advise me, only serious answers please,
i am a little embarrased to be asking these questions , but i have no female elder to ask this, getting married and coming to america has left me confused in many ways and im happy that at least i can get some kind people to help me here on yahoo answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070110140434AAHG7UD
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2009
just glanced thru the article, But I can see from the use of 'Mohammedans' to describe Muslims, I already suspect it was written by these orientalists that distort Islamic history. Describing Muslims as 'Mohammedans' is typical of them and unfortunately, you find many texts written by them around, distorting facts about Islam/Muslims.
And typically, I can see the writer of that article says the Islamic punishment for eating with left hand is to declare the person an outcast, cut off his right hand thereby rendering that individual a permanent outcast, because he can no longer eat with family or friend. This is outright lie against Islam. Yes, it is true that a Muslim should not eat with Left hand, but I'm not aware that breaking that rule attracts cutting the person's right hand.

The article is farcical.

1 Like

Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2009
@earTHMama: « on: Today at 07:20:58 AM »

No offense please but:

Is it true that the Islamic doctrine forbids the use of toilet paper?. Is it a sin to use toilet paper as a muslim?. What do muslims use in the toilet then?. If no, explain why moslems use the toilet differently?

No taking. Islam is very progressive. Toilet paper is for cleaning after the use of the bathroom. The very objective of muslim is to completely clean the body. So if a muslim uses the tissue/toilet paper, it is good. But should not stop there. For complete cleaning, water should be used in addition. Like Fela said; Omi o lotaa o. Water he no get enemy.

So muslim can use dry toilet paper first and then water. If in a public bathroom, he/she should wet the toilet paper to clean after using the dry one. So mustim should be the most clean in the community. No only outside, but in private parts and inside, too.

Develop this habit, too, Funmi. By the way the Miss World woman tribe in Nigeria is said to hae the same habit, too. They pride themselves by it.

1 Like

Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2009
So muslim can use dry toilet paper first and then water. If in a public bathroom, he/she should wet the toilet paper to clean after using the dry one. So mustim should be the most clean in the community. No only outside, but in private parts and inside, too.

Why wet the tissue paper?

Develop this habit, too, Funmi. By the way the Miss World woman tribe in Nigeria is said to hae the same habit, too. They pride themselves by it.

You mean the Ijaws?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Riskie(f): 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
Some people do it the other way. They use water and then they use tissue. There's nothing wrong in using tissue as long as water is used somewhere in the cleaning process.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by MrCrackles(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2009
As far as i am aware, NO!
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2009
As far as i am aware, NO!
No, to what? Muslims don't use tissue paper?. How do their women clean after urinating?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Riskie(f): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2009
earTHMama:

No, to what? Muslims don't use tissue paper?. How do their women clean after urinating?

Water and then tissue to dry it off wink
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2009
olabowale:

@earTHMama: « on: Today at 07:20:58 AM »
No taking. Islam is very progressive. Toilet paper is for cleaning after the use of the bathroom. The very objective of muslim is to completely clean the body. So if a muslim uses the tissue/toilet paper, it is good. But should not stop there. For complete cleaning, water should be used in addition. Like Fela said; Omi o lotaa o. Water he no get enemy.

Since islam did not invent tissue paper i assume you mean that islam constantly changes to circumvent potential absurdities.

Water by itself cannot kill germs if not you'd be taking a shower, brushing your teeth or washing your clothes with water only. So this idea that those who use waer are the "most clean" in the community makes me wonder whether you people leave your brains at home when its time to discuss the quran.

1 Like

Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2009
Water and then tissue to dry it off

You mean their women strip naked in front of the sink and was their kitten?. What if someone walks in?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Riskie(f): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2009
earTHMama:

You mean their women strip naked in front of the sink and was their kitten?. What if someone walks in?

HA-HA-HA undecided Where I live now because it is a Muslim country the bathrooms all have hoses next to the toilet which can be used for cleaning purposes. When I lived elsewhere which is not a Muslim country, at home we used a little bowl which we would fill at the sink and use after doing number 1 or 2. When I wasn't at home I would get tissue and wet it instead. Does that answer your question or would you like for me to take a video next time I go to the toilet?

How do you clean you behind when you use the toilet? Tissue only undecided Please tell me that you use water and you haven't joined the dingleberry bandwagon grin
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2009
@DavidDylan: « #9 on: Today at 09:31:17 PM »

Since islam did not invent tissue paper i assume you mean that islam constantly changes to circumvent potential absurdities.

Christianity did not invent it either. Before it, how were the "christians" cleaning themselves? This is a very interesting question. Now, the inventor, though may be christian, did not invent Toilet tissue because of christianity. And by the way I use water, then water and soap. Then I use water with soap to wash my hands.

How do you odor free your body, if you think you cake free it already? Sorry David and co. You make me think back, way back when.

Whats absurd in using water alone? I remember when I used to participate in fishery. We get rid of the odor by just using water to clean the platforms of the coldroom and the decks. You use tissue, but your odor-meter is very high, still. While my own after using water is very low. Almost unregistered.

Water by itself cannot kill germs if not you'd be taking a shower, brushing your teeth or washing your clothes with water only. So this idea that those who use waer are the "most clean" in the community makes me wonder whether you people leave your brains at home when its time to discuss the quran.

No one said anything about washing clothe, or cleaning teeth, or cleaning the skin. The issue was cleaning the bottom and the from after toileting. You will have to agree though, regardless of your exageration, that using water is better and cleaner than just using dry toilet tissue. Most clean means just that. Now tell me if there is any way you can get yourself cleaner without using water. Please don't tell me you can use those perfumed sterile sachet! Perfume will still not clean you up, but you may not be smelly though. But you aint clean.

Did you miss my trying to break into Fela's wataaaaaa he no get enemy?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by osisi2(f): 1:29am On Jan 16, 2009
I remember those colorful rubber kettles back home grin
Ojigbijigbi
I wonder what they do to lefties shocked
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 2:31am On Jan 16, 2009
HA-HA-HA Undecided Where I live now because it is a Muslim country the bathrooms all have hoses next to the toilet which can be used for cleaning purposes. When I lived elsewhere which is not a Muslim country, at home we used a little bowl which we would fill at the sink and use after doing number 1 or 2. When I wasn't at home I would get tissue and wet it instead. Does that answer your question or would you like for me to take a video next time I go to the toilet?

There are no hoses in attached to American toilets unless you muslim girls carry your red kettle around. Do you?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 2:33am On Jan 16, 2009
I wonder what they do to lefties

Who cares as long as you don't receive anything edible from olabowale given to you with his left hand. tongue
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by KarmaMod(f): 2:36am On Jan 16, 2009
kettle?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 3:26am On Jan 16, 2009
kettle?

You don't know?. You must be alien to Islam.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 16, 2009
olabowale:

No one said anything about washing clothe, or cleaning teeth, or cleaning the skin. The issue was cleaning the bottom and the from after toileting. You will have to agree though, regardless of your exageration, that using water is better and cleaner than just using dry toilet tissue. Most clean means just that. Now tell me if there is any way you can get yourself cleaner without using water. Please don't tell me you can use those perfumed sterile sachet! Perfume will still not clean you up, but you may not be smelly though. But you aint clean.

Its absurd using water to clean up . . . what of the crud that gets under your fingernails that wont go out easily? Remind me not to eat a muslim bukkah again. grin
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by osisi2(f): 3:45am On Jan 16, 2009
KarmaMod:

kettle?

are you a Nigerian? grin
Every true Muslim in Nigeria has a colorful plastic kettle to wash their "sumtin" with every once in a while. grin
The bacteria on that kettle must be a legion
maybe that's why infections in their quarters spread like wild fire.How can you touch your anus 8 times a day and not pass on everything from tape worms to dysentry to unsuspecting neighbors.
That's why in naija,I could never buy any cold edibles from those hajiyas and mallams in Lagos
I don't trust those hands especially with the hygiene situation in Naija,add frequent anal touches to it
ewww!!!!!!!!!!
Tufiakwa
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 4:03am On Jan 16, 2009
maybe that's why infections in their quarters spread like wild fire.How can you touch your anus 8 times a day and not pass on everything from tape worms to dysentry to unsuspecting neighbors.
Spot on. That is why muslims have a high rate of hepatitis B and cholera.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 4:24am On Jan 16, 2009
@earTHMama: « #14 on: Today at 02:31:44 AM »  

There are no hoses in attached to American toilets unless you muslim girls carry your red kettle around. Do you?

Yes there is hose, with a turn on and turn off bottom in muslim toilets. I aught to know. I am a muslim in America. You are not a muslim.

« #15 on: Today at 02:33:21 AM »  
I wonder what they do to lefties

Who cares as long as you don't receive anything edible from olabowale given to you with his left hand.  

We wash our hands, better than the Surgeons preparing for a major operation. You dig, **Osisi. We scrub without wearing the scrub.

Deviant/Neo-Womanist/Uber-realist/UrbanGoddess/Eco-Dominatrix/invincible

8 inches spiked shoes on the back of the Kufar men who like to be beat up by Ms Thing here. Wooooooooooow.

« #17 on: Today at 03:26:26 AM »
You don't know?. You must be alien to Islam.

Lets go back to when there was no toilet paper. What do the Alal Kitab used to clean them thingyyyyy with? lol.
Oh, boyyyyy. They probably dont clean it. The funk, will be stronger than that of my man, George Clinton, Plainfield, NJ of Parliament or Funkadelic.

@davidylan (m): « #18 on: Today at 03:38:16 AM »  

Its absurd using water to clean up . . . what of the crud that gets under your fingernails that wont go out easily? Remind me not to eat a muslim bukkah again.  

Muslims do cut their fingernails so low that you almost think that they have none. So how do you get the dirt in there beats me. Allah's messenger (AS) said that if a man has water fall or river on his property and he washes at least 5 times, daily, can you compare his cleanliness with the filty person who may not wash even once in a day? Of course not.

@**osisi (f): « #19 on: Today at 03:45:43 AM »  

are you a Nigerian?
Every true Muslim in Nigeria has a colorful plastic kettle to wash their "sumtin" with every once in a while.
The bacteria on that kettle must be a legion

Not as much as the Ice box from which "Mickey Dee, or Burger King or KFC,etc" makes your drink with. You know about the study, right? You will have to give it to the muslims that at least they rival the doctors in cleanliness. lol.

maybe that's why infections in their quarters spread like wild fire.How can you touch byour anus 8 times a day and not pass on everything from tape worms to dysentry.

You were alive in the 1972 cholera outbreak? It affected everyone. The muslims were not as affected. You also heard about the Irish Potato plague. Or the Chinese bird flu. Or the mad cow thingyyyy. The muslims, if affected only, just mildly compared to others. (Yeast infection and the like. lol. Astagafrullah). And those who do not clean up, and you know who you are, are as funky as the funk that came out of them.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 4:42am On Jan 16, 2009

Yes there is hose, with a turn on and turn off bottom in muslim toilets. I aught to know. I am a muslim in America. You are not a muslim.

You are saying there muslim restrooms in walmart because am yet to see one with a hose?. If tissue paper is an accepted norm in Islam, why do some muslims protest against it?. So your igbo wife is alien to tissue paper?. Igbo women na real waah ooo.

8 inches spiked shoes on the back of the Kufar men who like to be beat up by Ms Thing here. Wooooooooooow.

Not your business.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 16, 2009
davidylan:

Its absurd using water to clean up . . . what of the crud that gets under your fingernails that wont go out easily? Remind me not to eat a muslim bukkah again.  grin

remind all those chicks you get it on with to wear face masks when you take off your boxers. . .your skid marks must stink to high heaven grin

obviously, you either have long fingernails, or a problem with washing your hands grin i dont want to imagine all the other things that must reside under your finger nails tongue tongue tongue must be an ecosystem them chicks proly insist that your wear surgical gloves

i use water all the time and i take my time to wash my hands unlike some dirty people we know - it is far more effective than tissue paper,  which is prolly why we have those hitech toilets that wash your butt for you(with scented water).

don't worry - we muslims clean our butts with the left, and eat with the right. . something for you to keep  in mind if you ever have to shake hands with a muslm now there's a scary thought -davidlyan shaking hands with a muslim lipsrsealed

lo jarus wink

3 Likes

Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
@earTHMama: « #22 on: Today at 04:42:04 AM »

You are saying there muslim restrooms in walmart because am yet to see one with a hose?. If tissue paper is an accepted norm in Islam, why do some muslims protest against it?. So your igbo wife is alien to tissue paper?. Igbo women na real waah ooo.

You need to calm down. In time Allah will make way for the muslims, that Islamically compartable public toilets will be installed not only in Walmart, but KFC will serve halal meal, too. Long time ago in America, with the few masajid, you could not expect to find halal meat, as easily as you find it, now. Virginia, New Jersey are among the states with halah slaughtering certification.

Funmi, you must admit that it is more hygenic to use water after "tissue paper," rather than no water at all.

[Quote]
Not your business.
[/quote]

When it comes to you, everything is my business. I want you to be married, to your boooooooooo, if he is the one. Or else, throw him back, and Allah will give you that man that will make you his "wife", faster than lickedy split.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2009
You need to calm down. In time Allah will make way for the muslims, that Islamically compartable public toilets will be installed not only in Walmart, but KFC will serve halal meal, too. Long time ago in America, with the few masajid, you could not expect to find halal meat, as easily as you find it, now. Virginia, New Jersey are among the states with halah slaughtering certification.

Funmi, you must admit that it is more hygenic to use water after "tissue paper," rather than no water at all.
Ho ho ho, your Allah asked me to tell you that you are on your own on that one. None of you have told me how muslim women clean up after peeing in the rest room. Do they enter the restroom with their red and black kettles or do the yank open their veil in front of the public faucet?. Help me ask your igbo wife abeg.

When it comes to you, everything is my business. I want you to be married, to your boooooooooo, if he is the one. Or else, throw him back, and Allah will give you that man that will make you his "wife", faster than lickedy split.

Oooooooorrrrghhhhhhh! My boo is the one says your Allah. I know you are feeling me but i ain't feeling you boo. Stop chasing me around and face your multiple wives. If i must marry a Muslim, that will be Jarus. tongue
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2009
Allah knows that I have no need for you. I also know that, too. Now marry jarus. That is better for you. I almost thought you will say this, since I encouraged you to marry.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by AloyEmeka9: 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2009
Allah knows that I have no need for you. I also know that, too. Now marry jarus. That is better for you. I almost thought you will say this, since I encouraged you to marry.

Don't you pity the man that will marry Tpia and earthmama?. Na so you take hate Jarus?. Tpia will chop off his something within 2 days.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 7:19am On Jan 17, 2009

Don't you pity the man that will marry Tpia and earthmama?. Na so you take hate Jarus?. Tpia will chop off his something within 2 days.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2009
Tpia . . . .kai
EM. . . who knows!
grin grin
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2009
Tpia . . . .kai
EM. . . who knows!
Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin

May be Olabs will complete his harem with Tpia. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by ayinba1(f): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Earth,

muslim women  clean with moistened tissue paper if water is not available. If this choice is absent, clean with tissue paper and once you find water, do a proper rinsing of the privates.

The goal is cleanliness which they say, is next to godlinessabi u no gree

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan: 80 Nigerians Arrested For Eating In Public During Fast / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / Masturbation Deprives Him Of Great Reward During This Ramadan. Refrain Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.