Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague (12754 Views)

Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) / Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death / 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by oyebanji88(m): 10:45am On May 28, 2013
Kwara Poly Students Boil As Police Accidentally Shoot Student

It is yet another sad news from the Nigerian police yesterday as a police officer accidentally shoot a student yesterday in the ilorin metropolice..

The said student is a student of Kwara state polytechnic......

The shooting led to huge reaction by the students who began a peaceful protest in demand of d wanting police officer....

The police later tried dispassing the students with force then this led to an uncontrollable fracas....roads barricaded,movement restricted...

The road linking to the general hospital has been blocked leaving lots of patients wondering on the street.....pls government take control...
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 28, 2013
I WISH THE OMBATSE GUYS CAN HELP THE POOR STUDENTS RETALIATE. TRIGGER HAPPY ANIMALS

1st to talk grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by mukina2: 3:40pm On May 28, 2013

Sahara
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by datbay(m): 3:40pm On May 28, 2013
Can't this useless men in black uniform be scrapped and let fresh people with reasonable attitude be recruited?

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by kunlekorea(m): 3:45pm On May 28, 2013
Na wa ooooo
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by larayat(f): 3:46pm On May 28, 2013
Wat won't we hear or see....al dos trigger happy ppl....ombaste...we're r u ppl ooo
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Reachyrich(f): 3:47pm On May 28, 2013
Dis police sef killing innocent soul if na thief den c now dey go pick race like person we dey run marathon. black devil.
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 3:49pm On May 28, 2013
Another OMBATSE massacre looming. Police beware!
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by badmeat(m): 3:49pm On May 28, 2013
The police is your friend grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by adigunomomama(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2013
the guy is a part time student, accountancy dept. this is the guy leg at the picx.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by shollywine: 3:53pm On May 28, 2013
Nigeria a lawless country.... May d student soul rest in peace
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Unitedforever(m): 3:53pm On May 28, 2013
The police are so useless..i was coming out of UBA during this incident..the tear gas they used in dispersing people killed a young secondary school girl who was asthmatic...i had to run for my dear life cause the so called police started shooting..anyways may her gentle soul RIP.
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Emmyk(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2013
RIP to him. My friend told me about the ish yesterday. Had to sit home jejeli today
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by adigunomomama(m): 3:58pm On May 28, 2013
IOT Mini Campus Closed.....Reporting from Maraba, Ilorin. student going gaga... all banks in ilorin closed, police stations closed. its getting out of hands
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by AmeLonRo(m): 4:00pm On May 28, 2013
Police, please, police,please, which one
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by DJDOLA(m): 4:06pm On May 28, 2013
U guys should cam down..we are praying over it ok
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by DJDOLA(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2013
U guys should cool down..we are praying over it ok
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Lagusta(m): 4:12pm On May 28, 2013
Please change the topic, the guy is not dead, I repeat, IS NOT DEAD!!!

I just called the father of the boy, cos it happened that he owns a block industry near where I stay, and we talk a bit....

Like I said, HE IS NOT DEAD!!! Just a tibial fracture in the left leg with severe injuries, that's all

5 Likes

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 28, 2013
all
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Annie2gud(f): 4:13pm On May 28, 2013
The police is your friend.....kai where are those ombatse Boiz.....cee market ooo.i duff Cap for the eggons.i think its high time Native Doctors ought to be recruited into the Nigeria police force.
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by olakitan007: 4:14pm On May 28, 2013
Any police that shot a student must be also shot...or else we student will wage war againt police all aroud ilorin metro police....we are dying for hunger to study they are still killing us...this will teach other police men how to be patient....

1 Like

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Bonapart(m): 4:16pm On May 28, 2013
What was d origin of d whole tin? May be dere is sometin behind it
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Eneze1(f): 4:26pm On May 28, 2013
Nigeria police never cease to amaze me
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 28, 2013
Fyi.....the guy isn't dead.....i heard that his leg is gonna be amputated though....feel bad for him
Buh these kwara poly students are taking it too far mehn,some even threatened a doctor @ Uith.....now exams have been postponed......smfh....
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by touchmehard: 4:35pm On May 28, 2013
In as much as I condemn what the policeman did, I can't help but wonder why some people are here on Nairaland calling on Ombatse people to help the Kwara Poly students to retaliate on the Police.
Are you people this heartless?
Just few weeks after the Ombatse incident which left over a hundred families mourning, some people are here calling for more killings of Police officers.
Can't you guys see that the wounds are still fresh in the hearts of those affected?
Have you guys asked what led to the incident between the student and the police? Has anyone tried to find out what the student did first?
It's not as if I'm in support of the Policeman that shot at the student, but for someone to call on ombatse cultists to attack the Police is very much uncalled for. Afterall, the Police did not revenge on ombatse for killing their officers. Pls we should learn to stop fueling violence in the country.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 28, 2013
finally it got here... I was going 2 post it ystrdae but thot it aint neccessary, it aint funny down here.
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by martin1772(m): 4:37pm On May 28, 2013
We are on top of the situation
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by lekanolas: 4:41pm On May 28, 2013
The school has been shut by the Kwara State government.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/kwara-poly-shut/
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by zolajpower: 4:49pm On May 28, 2013
OPE CAN YOU PLEASE POST THIS. WHY IS IT THAT THE INCREASING NUMBER OF CIVILIAN KILLED BY POLICE MEN IS MUCH MORE THAN ANY POLICE FORCE IN THE WORLD?
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by zolajpower: 4:50pm On May 28, 2013
OPE CAN YOU PLEASE POST THIS. WHY IS IT THAT THE INCREASING NUMBER OF CIVILIAN KILLED BY POLICE MEN IN NIGERIA IS MUCH MORE THAN ANY POLICE FORCE IN THE WORLD?
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 28, 2013
touch_me_hard: In as much as I condemn what the policeman did, I can't help but wonder why some people are here on Nairaland calling on Ombatse people to help the Kwara Poly students to retaliate on the Police.
Just few weeks after the Ombatse incident which left over a hundred families mourning, some people are here calling for more killings of Police officers.
Can't you guys see that the wounds are still fresh in the hearts of those affected?
Have you guys asked what led to the incident between the student and the police? Has anyone tried to find out what the student did first?
It's not as if I'm in support of the Policeman that shot at the student, but for someone to call on ombatse cultists to attack the Police is very much uncalled for. Afterall, the Police did not revenge on ombatse for killing their officers. Pls we should learn to stop fueling violence in the country.

Shut up. What of the families the trigger happy idiots have killed
Re: Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 28, 2013
touch_me_hard: In as much as I condemn what the policeman did, I can't help but wonder why some people are here on Nairaland calling on Ombatse people to help the Kwara Poly students to retaliate on the Police.

Shut up. What of the families of the people the trigger happy idiots have killed Are they not also mourning? Nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Law School Approves The Use Of Hijab, Invites Fridaus Amasa For Call To Bar / Can English Article (An) Be Used For Happy? / No Student Was Killed During Uniport Protest - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.