Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why People Dont Get Jobs (part 4) - Trick Questions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why People Dont Get Jobs (part 4) - Trick Questions (608 Views)

Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. / Reasons New Graduates Cant Get Jobs / Why People Dont Get Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why People Dont Get Jobs (part 4) - Trick Questions by Jobexpert(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2013
When asked this question

Why do you want to work with us?

3 things are immediately obvious
1- The interviewer is intelligent and likes puzzles
2- If you answer this question wrong, you might lose this job
3- There is nothing you can do now to know the right answer
4- This question will lead to others and honesty is very important. Don't exaggerate

So the first thing is to
1- put up a good smile
2- spend a few seconds to compose yourself with a word like ..."well..."
3- talk briefly about what you expect from a good job
- professional experience, a chance to contribute to society, honest income, and the perks that can come from
working with a good firm
4- If you know the company and its competitors well..You can also add "Your firm has a reputation of being the best law firm in Nigeria, sir" or "Your firm fights for human rights, sir, which aligns with my personal belief or goals" or
"XYZ has a reputation for training its telecomms engineers very well, sir. although the pay is generally lower than Airtel and Etisalat, I think I will ultimately do better here"

Like I said earlier, your character, background, goals in life, values and fact-levels are actually being tested in this question..so just relax and enjoy it.

Never say
1- I dont know, sir
2- My Uncle is the chairman's friend.
(A relation of mine who answered this way at the interview with Pepsi actually got the job, but never enjoyed it and when the chairman's term expired, he had to leave as well. The then chairman wasn't very happy with him on this answer because he actually was the best of the lot that were interviewed and could have entered Pepsi on merit)
3- I got the Invitation letter for the interview and I came, sir.
4- flatterring words that are untrue, or tell lies

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs (part 4) - Trick Questions by 1forall: 1:53pm On May 28, 2013
Great tips! Hope it helps folk out attending interviews

(1) (Reply)

NMR Intercontinental Limited, Personality Test / Dragnet And Solutions / Very Urgent Recruitment!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.