Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) (3730 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 28, 2013
There is this saying in our African language that says “ if you don’t have money, don’t marry”. But maybe is just a cliché. I and Bisi met during our undergraduate days and we were into each other. We graduated the same year and fortunately we served in the same state. After service, I manage to get a job in a textile company after 2 years of job hunting. Bisi was yet to get a job. She was looking for a good paying job of about N100,000. I worked for about 1 year and decided to take our relationship to the next level, marriage. I consulted my friends and family; they specifically warned me not to go into the marriage because I wasn’t yet financially okay. All their advice fell on my deaf ears. I just want to get married to bisi because the rate at which guys even rich potbellied men are asking her out makes me afraid. Some offer her money and job in exchange to sleep with her. Though she turned them down. Bisi is a very beautiful lady and I don’t want anybody to snatch her from me. There was insecurity on my own part.
I work in a textile company which pays me about N30,000 monthly, bisi was yet to get a job since we graduated about 4 years ago from the university. She has been applying for a Government job or even a huge company with good salary package, but all had been unfruitful. She decided to apply in private school as a teacher to keep her company till she finds a better job. But still the reasonable ones are not coming. She was left with only one that offered to pay her N8,000. What will N8,000 do for a married woman ! she turned it down. On my own part, the wedding must go on.
Our wedding was so simple, not loud; we had to cut our coats according to our materials. The reception was pretty cool, refreshment was rice and fried fish, no meat, after eating people drank sachet water. They were no take away gift/ souvenir from the newly wedded.
The first 2 months after our wedding was hell, it was so difficult that I was regretting, I wish I had listened to my parents and friends. I considered my wife a liability because he had no job, my N30,000 salary can’t even take us for 2 weeks. Before our marriage, we have both agreed for her not to get pregnant till we are financially okay to take care of a third party. On the fourth month, my wife started behaving funny in terms of character and physically and health wise; my first thought when I started noticing that was “let it not be what am thinking because if it is hmmmmmm I don’t even know what I will do”.
A week later bisi came back from the hospital and broke the news to me that she was pregnant, I wasn’t so happy because we agreed that she wouldn’t get pregnant, she was also on pills too, “how could she be pregnant”, that was the question I asked myself, I couldn’t just imagin that my N30,000 will be enough to take care of me, my wife and the child coming soon. I considered it a burden to me. I was so devastated; if not for my faith as a Christian I would have asked her to abort the baby. We quarreled that night because I couldn’t see the reason why she could get pregnant when she is on pills, she tried to explain to me that sometimes pregnancy pills are inconsistent but I didn’t bother to listen to her when I slapped her. I later went to the room where I met her crying, I apologized to her and made her understand why I acted the way I did.
My wife’s tommy was becoming bigger as ninth month approaches, more expenses was been made to make sure she was okay. As day goes by the expenses were increasing. We normally cook soup every 3 days. It’s not all the time I have money for cooking so it started one night after super my wife had gone to sleep, in the midnight I went to the kitchen and added water to the egusi soup we cooked to make it a little plenty so that it will last more days. After adding water to the soup, I stirred it very well and warmed it a little bit. The next morning my wife came to the kitchen to warm the soup and noticed that it was more plenty, she called my attention to that but I told her that I don’t know how the miracle happened. That night I repeated the same thing and continuously I did it because I couldn’t stand her asking me for money to cook when I don’t have. I developed that strategy that in the midnight I wake up and add water to the soup to make it more plenty.
All this was what I was thinking of, reminiscing of what happened about 7 years ago as I sat in my office. Today I have 3 cars and 2 houses, my wife bisi is a business woman and my kids attend the best school in town, all has changed for us. This is my Diary.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/news/134-diary-of-my-humble-beginning-true-life-story

3 Likes

Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by crispgg: 3:42pm On May 28, 2013
Congratulations OP. But you didn't finish your story well. You did not tell us how things started working for you.

But I do not believe your stance about the adage. I have seen marriages less than one year crash because of finances. Just thank God that yours did not end that way.

2 Likes

Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by sholay2011(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
crispgg: Congratulations OP. But you didn't finish your story well. You did not tell us how things started working for you.

But I do not believe your stance about the adage. I have seen marriages less than one year crash because of finances. Just thank God that yours did not end that way.
You've spoken well cool
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by ebpius1(m): 1:17am On Aug 14, 2013
Nice story, I love this. Please tell us when/how things started falling into order as some of us are in the same shoes right now.
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Kanwulia: 2:04am On Aug 14, 2013
Hopefully it stays that way. . . if NOLLYWOOD scripts are anything to go by! wink
I hope SECOND and THIRD wives around the corner? tongue
I don't know ANY COMFORTABLE NIGERIAN MAN WITH ONLY ONE CONCUBINE. . .not to mention ONE WIFE!
Mu che che che che che

Not even 'mechanics' and 'wheelbarrow-pushers'! cheesy

TIME FOR YA WIFE TO FAST AND PRAY! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Ndipe(m): 4:06am On Aug 14, 2013
"Or even a huge company with good salary package."

I think this story is fake.

1 Like

Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by mrwonlasewonie: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2015
Exactly. grin
Kanwulia:
Hopefully it stays that way. . . if NOLLYWOOD scripts are anything to go by! wink
I hope SECOND and THIRD wives around the corner? tongue
I don't know ANY COMFORTABLE NIGERIAN MAN WITH ONLY ONE CONCUBINE. . .not to mention ONE WIFE!
Mu che che che che che

Not even 'mechanics' and 'wheelbarrow-pushers'! cheesy

TIME FOR YA WIFE TO FAST AND PRAY! grin
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Kemmy210(f): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Enoquin(f): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Good story though incomplete. The 'HOW' isn't there. Anyways, there's no way someone would add water to my soup or stew without my knowing except my taste buds are dead.
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Xplicit1(f): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Enoquin:
Good story though incomplete. The 'HOW' isn't there. Anyways, there's no way someone would add water to my soup or stew without my knowing except my taste buds are dead.

Didn't u read where the op. wrote dat she asked but he denied?
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Enoquin(f): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
Xplicit1:

Didn't u read where the op. wrote dat she asked but he denied?

She didn't ask 'why did you add water to the soup?'
If she did, kindly point it out in the post
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by holusormi(m): 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
Fake story , just say the truth .. You want to drive more traffic to your blog ... You be learner
Re: How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) by Femsyn(m): 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nothing wrong with marrying with little beginnings, and coming out strong later on. My take on this is, this was the norm in the days of our fathers and mothers, where not much was at stake. Times have changed and i honestly don't think its wise to "force" oneself into hardship, all in the name of marriage. Marriage is not a do or die affair.

I have seen instances of very small earning couples, going ahead to have children, while praying for better days. My point is, why trouble yourself? Why turn yourself to a beggar because of marriage?

Even if you must get married, especially as a man, ensure you have some income, and stay off child-bearing till things get better than it used to. If couples have been taking the risk and getting out unscathed, what guarantees yours to turn out the same?

(1) (Reply)

Lady takes her 'Pre-burial Photos' (Photos) / Soft And Beautiful Bedsheets / After 49 Years,Mother Reunites With The Daughter She Thought Died At Birth(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.