Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,190 members, 7,849,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos (18851 Views)

Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger / Deaf & Dumb Man Stabs Peacemaker To Death In Ondo / Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by wendieposh: 7:46am On May 29, 2013
Deaf & Dumb, no valid licence,driving since 1999.... Man must chop abeg
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by spyroxy1(m): 7:57am On May 29, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: .On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded.Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/28/deaf-dumb-bus-driver-arrested/

How was he questioned and how did he answer grin
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Ishilove: 8:00am On May 29, 2013
What could he have done in a country like Nigeria that does not fend for it's able-bodied citizens, talk less of the disabled ones?? He drove for fifteen years and there was no incident. That's God's power in action. For fifteen years he was able to take care of himself and his family. He didn't go out to steal or beg, so they should free this man. His time was up because God knew that something terrible was about to happen, so He allowed the man get arrested and be taken off the road.

The right thing to be done now is he should be rehabiliated and given a source of livelihood so that he will not go back to the streets and become a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by bidis: 8:00am On May 29, 2013
ptdf shell past ques and ans call 07063325533
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by maclatunji: 8:19am On May 29, 2013
Biim: "he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route"
I thought they said he is dumb?
Off topic - I have seen a blind man driving a commercial bike (okada) if dem no tell you say he blind, you no go know. I wonder how he does it.

Please, I need the video.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by maclatunji: 8:20am On May 29, 2013
Ishilove: What could he have done in a country like Nigeria that does not fend for it's able-bodied citizens, talk less of the disabled ones?? He drove for fifteen years and there was no incident. That's God's power in action. For fifteen years he was able to take care of himself and his family. He didn't go out to steal or beg, so they should free this man. His time was up because God knew that something terrible was about to happen, so He allowed the man get arrested and be taken off the road.

The right thing to be done now is he should be rehabiliated and given a source of livelihood so that he will not go back to the streets and become a nuisance

But he has committed an offence now.

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by slimfit1(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2013
baby_123: WOW, how did the manage to make this work? Nigerian's your lives are truly in God's hands. This guy is very wicked o. Why even think of that kind of job, endangering so many lives. angry angry angry

No blame your government that didn't provide him a job that suite a deaf and dumb person. the guy must survive too one way or the other. If he didn't commit a traffic offence would you have known no, that's because the government should have agencies monitoring these drivers but they didn't do that. We have senators representative and state assemblies just earning money for no reasonable reasons and have nothing to show for it.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by DrTee1(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2013
pendusky: OMG! finaly em don arrest that man oh! I boarded his bus from CMS to Ajah in 2010 in a heavy traffic, the way d conductor communicate wit him to drop somebody at a particular busstop is wat suprised me. He wil scratch d bus .I remember how he nearly crush one woman wit a baby on ha back at Law Sch bustop who came down half way from his bus when he wanted to move, the man who sat in front of the bus begin to harash him. 'kilode na? Iwere u want kill person huh? The way d man responded tell us hes a deaf and dumb, the ladies at d back wer shouting Olumaje oh! Conductor i wan commot 4 d next bus stop oh. Wetin concern me...when we reach Ajah i hail him, he smile as he drove off... grin

This is why I love Nairaland. Oluwaseun Osewa, may God continue to bless the good intentions of your heart.

I've listened to and read a lot of people say nairalanders are frustrated, lazy or jobless people. I disagree. I have been thinking of opening a thread to ask if that is true. Because for me, it is False.

The beauty about nairaland is its cosmopolitan heterogeneity. All I opened this thread for was the hope to get some who would give first-hand account of seeing this particular driver in action & I'm glad I found this poster. May God bless you my guy @pendusky.

Notice pendusky's flow:
First, he is pleased that the driver-disaster-in-motion has been finally checked.

Next, he describes his experience.

Then he ends it all with the good natured Nigerian humour, whereby in spite of whatever circumstance, we are always smiling at the good side of everything, no matter the colouration:

"when we reach Ajah i hail him, he smile as he drove off... grin"

God bless the good desires in the mind of the average Nigerian.

God bless our Land Nigeria.

God bless us all!

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by damoobaba: 9:10am On May 29, 2013
The guy just dey form deaf and dumb,hw he dey take hear when passengers call Bus stop? Shior
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by bailingo: 9:15am On May 29, 2013
wwen dem talk small dem go say fashola no do well, say wetin he wan make d man dey chop, we dont want such in lagos
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by nwgoziri(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2013
Lol...Man must wakia(chop),d person dat taught him sld also be arrestd
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by nwgoziri(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2013
damoobaba: The guy just dey form deaf and dumb,hw he dey take hear when passengers call Bus stop? Shior
condoctor go touch m na...na naija o o any tin cn hapn hie,u r in a country of wonders dat occurs as a result of hunger
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by free2ryhme: 9:57am On May 29, 2013
[size=20pt]Dis is Nigerian ... Anything is possible [/size]
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by chlowi(f): 10:02am On May 29, 2013
I am more concerned with the issue of being married to a deaf and dumb woman being deaf and dumb himself , OMG what abt the kids at home? How do they relate ? How do they train their kids esp in their early years ? I can't imagine the scenario
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by beebop(f): 10:05am On May 29, 2013
Look up rules in other countries. Deaf people are allowed to drive in most states in the USA. Disabled people learn to adjust with other methods and indeed, can be more alert to their surroundings. A blind friend can 'see' a lot better than I can sometimes.

In this country, with this kind of prejudices, how can you condemn someone with a disability trying to make his way in life as best as he can. Show me how many people he's killed in 15 years of driving.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Dariye(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2013
"Ogunola was driving a
Volkswagen 'faragon';"grin :
na why we come dey call am vanagon?'(
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by hohafrank(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How did he get a license in the first instance ? These are the kind of stuff the world see,analyse and conclude that Nigerians have very low IQ.there is no point arresting the guy cuz he hasn't committed any offence even the court will set him free.The failure of the Nigerian system should be blamed and the officials of the agencies found culpable should be sanctioned.
He drives without license.Read the tread very well.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by ManTiger(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: A deaf and dumb commuter bus driver has been arrested at Apongbon area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria for driving on BRT lane.Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit arrested the 33-year old driver, Sunday Ogunola on Monday with passengers in his bus who were unaware that he was deaf and dumb. The driver is also married to a deaf and dumb woman and has two kids and is also pregnant.At the time of his arrest, Ogunola was driving a Volkswagen faragon bus painted in the state's colour, with registration XW 724 EKY. The culprit has been driving since 1999 and has no valid driver's licence.On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded.Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.

He lamented that despite his predicament, he drove on the BRT lane, which was why he was arrested initially, adding that he has been driving for a long time." "When we asked him questions, he could reply us.He cannot even hear or speak but he can write. We don't expect him to be driving other people.He cannot even come up with a valid driver's licence."He is liable for his action. He was arrested with passengers in his bus on BRT lane.We are going to look for the owner of the vehicle and charge him to court. We are holding him back here so that we can get the owner of the bus," Sulaiman said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/28/deaf-dumb-bus-driver-arrested/
I think that is enough, since he can also see and his brain is not deaf neither dumb!
except if the caption is wrong! grin
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 10:13am On May 29, 2013
[size=18pt]What of the drivers who cannot even read and write in English on the roads?[/size]
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by moscobabs(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2013
are u guys suprise on this??what about blind man that is driving bus at ajegunle and the cripple man that's driving danfo at Abule-egba?they should leave this man alone .na poverty cause ham.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:28am On May 29, 2013
Lol. . Its not a new tin sha! Even here in Enugu, 1 deaf/dump man that drives keke napepe always takes me home every evening. . Oboi. . See speed!
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by tunnababz(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2013
Well, I doubt if the man is actually deaf, because it would have almost been impossible for him to drive. The reasons are:
1. How will he fight and communicate with the Agberos.

2. How will he hear a passenger's shout of 'O wa o'!!
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by naptu2: 12:29pm On May 29, 2013
Dariye: "Ogunola was driving a
Volkswagen 'faragon';"grin :
na why we come dey call am vanagon?'(

smiley I thought I was the only one that noticed it.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by naptu2: 12:32pm On May 29, 2013
chlowi: I am more concerned with the issue of being married to a deaf and dumb woman being deaf and dumb himself , OMG what abt the kids at home? How do they relate ? How do they train their kids esp in their early years ? I can't imagine the scenario

I've got friends like that. It's no big deal. The kids are multilingual. They can understand sign language. It only poses a minor problem on a few occasions, eg when they are in a place where they are expected to maintain silence, yet the kids are making noise, but the parents are unaware that their kids are making noise. Otherwise, it's not a big deal.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by naptu2: 12:35pm On May 29, 2013
nwgoziri: Lol...Man must wakia(chop),d person dat taught him sld also be arrestd

From the tone of the officials' comments, it seems like they might not prosecute him. It seems that they are more interested in arresting the person that gave him the bus to drive.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123: WOW, how did the manage to make this work? Nigerian's your lives are truly in God's hands. This guy is very wicked o. Why even think of that kind of job, endangering so many lives. angry angry angry
Don't blame him, blame the owner of the bus and possibly he needs to go to jail
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 29, 2013
damoobaba: The guy just dey form deaf and dumb,hw he dey take hear when passengers call Bus stop? Shior

Conductor No dey again?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Davidson95: 3:51am On May 30, 2013
See naija ooooo, we just discover a record breaking act we are here talking of arrest. This man said he has been on this bizness since 1999 is that not a kudos for a deaf and dumb? They should ask him if he has gotten any accident since inception. If it were to the white man his case would hv been the caption of all national dailies. Pls na d country condition na im push d man put o. Since people that are able, with sound hearing and can talk well can go and rub the bank, boko haram cn take people's life at their own choice and our leaders cnt gv us a standard govt policies to make provision for his person(deaf and dumb man), then talking of arresting this man should be swept under the carpet. Nigeria should go and make sure this man name goes into Guinness World Book of Records.

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by pendusky(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2013
Dr. Tee:

This is why I love Nairaland. Oluwaseun Osewa, may God continue to bless the good intentions of your heart.

I've listened to and read a lot of people say nairalanders are frustrated, lazy or jobless people. I disagree. I have been thinking of opening a thread to ask if that is true. Because for me, it is False.

The beauty about nairaland is its cosmopolitan heterogeneity. All I opened this thread for was the hope to get some who would give first-hand account of seeing this particular driver in action & I'm glad I found this poster. May God bless you my guy @pendusky.

Notice pendusky's flow:
First, he is pleased that the driver-disaster-in-motion has been finally checked.

Next, he describes his experience.

Then he ends it all with the good natured Nigerian humour, whereby in spite of whatever circumstance, we are always smiling at the good side of everything, no matter the colouration:

"when we reach Ajah i hail him, he smile as he drove off... grin"

God bless the good desires in the mind of the average Nigerian.

God bless our Land Nigeria.

God bless us all!
thanks though...grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN N8bn Scam Suspect Has Hole In The Heart--lawyer / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo / I Usually Pretend As Patient To Steal In Hospitals – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.