Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos (18823 Views)

Abia Driver Arrested For Alleged Rape Of Female Passenger / Deaf & Dumb Man Stabs Peacemaker To Death In Ondo / Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Chukwuemeka007(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2013
A deaf and dumb commuter bus driver has been arrested at Apongbon area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria for driving on BRT lane.Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit arrested the 33-year old driver, Sunday Ogunola on Monday with passengers in his bus who were unaware that he was deaf and dumb. The driver is also married to a deaf and dumb woman and has two kids and is also pregnant.At the time of his arrest, Ogunola was driving a Volkswagen faragon bus painted in the state's colour, with registration XW 724 EKY. The culprit has been driving since 1999 and has no valid driver's licence.On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded.Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.

He lamented that despite his predicament, he drove on the BRT lane, which was why he was arrested initially, adding that he has been driving for a long time." "When we asked him questions, he could reply us.He cannot even hear or speak but he can write. We don't expect him to be driving other people.He cannot even come up with a valid driver's licence."He is liable for his action. He was arrested with passengers in his bus on BRT lane.We are going to look for the owner of the vehicle and charge him to court. We are holding him back here so that we can get the owner of the bus," Sulaiman said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/28/deaf-dumb-bus-driver-arrested/

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Gboliwe: 5:53pm On May 28, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: A deaf and dumb commuter bus driver has been arrested at Apongbon area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria for driving on BRT lane.Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit arrested the 33-year old driver, Sunday Ogunola on Monday with passengers in his bus who were unaware that he was deaf and dumb. The driver is also married to a deaf and dumb woman and has two kids and is also pregnant.At the time of his arrest, Ogunola was driving a Volkswagen faragon bus painted in the state's colour, with registration XW 724 EKY. The culprit has been driving since 1999 and has no valid driver's licence.On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded.Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.

He lamented that despite his predicament, he drove on the BRT lane, which was why he was arrested initially, adding that he has been driving for a long time." "When we asked him questions, he could reply us.He cannot even hear or speak but he can write. We don't expect him to be driving other people.He cannot even come up with a valid driver's licence."He is liable for his action. He was arrested with passengers in his bus on BRT lane.We are going to look for the owner of the vehicle and charge him to court. We are holding him back here so that we can get the owner of the bus," Sulaiman said.

http://m.naij.com/news/35202.html
this is serious risk! How could they let him be a commercial driver and put his passengers at risk with each drop?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by kkkp: 5:55pm On May 28, 2013
Nawa o! Poverty is rili affecting our ppls mentality
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by malc619(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2013
Gboliwe:
this is serious risk! How could they let him be a commercial driver and put his passengers at risk with each drop?

Y did you quote the whole article??

But for rule 2 I would have called you a Mega-OLODO, but I'll exercise restraint. Instead I'll just say; "God Bless You.."

cool cool

19 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Gboliwe: 6:11pm On May 28, 2013
malc619:

Y did you quote the whole article??

But for rule 2 I would have called you a Mega-OLODO, but I'll exercise restraint. Instead I'll just say; "God Bless You.."

cool cool
garri aka our yansh, how are you today?

3 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Garrithe1st: 6:15pm On May 28, 2013
^^^

My dear I'm right here. Pay no heed to those wannabe
s.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 28, 2013
O boy!! shocked :oN a Only God dey protect person for this Lagos oo
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by rabonni(m): 10:54pm On May 28, 2013
God bless us IJN

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 28, 2013
Na 9ja b diz oo....Even dead man fit enter road dey drive grin wink

9 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by baby124: 10:54pm On May 28, 2013
WOW, how did the manage to make this work? Nigerian's your lives are truly in God's hands. This guy is very wicked o. Why even think of that kind of job, endangering so many lives. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55pm On May 28, 2013
poor guy. today was just not his day. sad

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by born2fuckpussy: 10:57pm On May 28, 2013
Wetin concern me?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by ndala(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2013
Julieccentric: O boy!! shocked :oN a Only God dey protect person for this Lagos oo
do you love me?
\ː̗=))ː̖ Ewooooh
^'// \_
^'.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by lanAfo: 11:03pm On May 28, 2013
Is the man under 18yrs or people with disabilities can be excused from being charged? Just curious...
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 28, 2013
How did he get a license in the first instance ? These are the kind of stuff the world see,analyse and conclude that Nigerians have very low IQ.there is no point arresting the guy cuz he hasn't committed any offence even the court will set him free.The failure of the Nigerian system should be blamed and the officials of the agencies found culpable should be sanctioned.

3 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Iykebestbt(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2013
From now on..I will start to exchange greetings with any driver that am about to board his vehicle..failure to reply i don't mind taking after Chioma Ajunwa..

20 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by somefun1(m): 11:05pm On May 28, 2013
If u e deaf, dumb n blind, u live 4 100yrs witout troubles, any volunteer
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by brownlord: 11:06pm On May 28, 2013
He drove on BRT, wrong,

apart from that, hes not committed any other offence, we have so many blind, insane people in government leading this nation, some as gofernors, sinators, legislooters and big position driving millions of people to an unknown destination, so why arrest a man who is looking for his daily bread?

If em theif, una say em theif.

lastma abi wetin be una name, abeg free that man, even i first dey talk am, nobody normal for lagos, so blind man fit drive bus

14 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Biim: 11:07pm On May 28, 2013
"he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route"
I thought they said he is dumb?
Off topic - I have seen a blind man driving a commercial bike (okada) if dem no tell you say he blind, you no go know. I wonder how he does it.

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by brownlord: 11:07pm On May 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How did he get a license in the first instance ? These are the kind of stuff the world see,analyse and conclude that Nigerians have very low IQ.there is no point arresting the guy cuz he hasn't committed any offence even the court will set him free.The failure of the Nigerian system should be blamed and the officials of the agencies found culpable should be sanctioned.

like seriously, are you for real? did you read the article before rushing to post? or you just want to be noticed

8 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by milky3(f): 11:08pm On May 28, 2013
Welcome to Lasgidi where u either get rich or die trying[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 28, 2013
Hahahahahaha.
God help mankind
brownlord: He drove on BRT, wrong,

apart from that, hes not committed any other offence, we have so many blind, insane people in government leading this nation, some as gofernors, sinators, legislooters and big position driving millions of people to an unknown destination, so why arrest a man who is looking for his daily bread?

If em theif, una say em theif.

lastma abi wetin be una name, abeg free that man, even i first dey talk am, nobody normal for lagos, so blind man fit drive bus
I know you don't really mean that
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 28, 2013
brownlord:

like seriously, are you for real? did you read the article before rushing to post? or you just want to be noticed

You don't need to display your ignorance here .

.He cannot even come up with a valid driver's licence

If he doesn't have a valid license,then he must possess an invalid one.Now how did he get the fake license ?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Rexphobia(m): 11:18pm On May 28, 2013
*waka pass*
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Temismith(f): 11:19pm On May 28, 2013
It didnt easy at all o. Man must survive, any which way.
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by powerblaze(m): 11:19pm On May 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

If he doesn't have a valid license,then he must possess an invalid one.Now how did he get the fake license ?

Ediot in the building! Pls ignore tongue

4 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by ndala(m): 11:21pm On May 28, 2013
Were have u been?
lorretta u: Hahahahahaha.
God help mankindI know you don't really mean that
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by redcliff: 11:27pm On May 28, 2013
m
Chukwuemeka007: A deaf and dumb commuter bus driver has been arrested at Apongbon area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria for driving on BRT lane.Officials of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit arrested the 33-year old driver, Sunday Ogunola on Monday with passengers in his bus who were unaware that he was deaf and dumb. The driver is also married to a deaf and dumb woman and has two kids and is also pregnant.At the time of his arrest, Ogunola was driving a Volkswagen faragon bus painted in the state's colour, with registration XW 724 EKY. The culprit has been driving since 1999 and has no valid driver's licence.On questioning, he said he normally plies the Ajah-Lekki-CMS-Eko Hotel route and that he had once been arrested on BRT lane in the past and was let off the hook after he pleaded. Taskforce Chairman, Bayo Sulaiman said he was shocked that the driver could not hear or speak when asked questions, saying that he constituted serious danger to life and safety of passengers.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/05/28/deaf-dumb-bus-driver-arrested/

[size=14pt]i thought the culprit was deaf and dumb[/size]

1 Like

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by fitzmayowa: 11:30pm On May 28, 2013
Even deaf and dumb must survive now...BTW How the guy take they hear/know say another motor they horn Lobatan grin

5 Likes

Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by brownlord: 11:38pm On May 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

my friend park well, who is responsible for the issuing of license in Nigeria, a country where even a blind man can sit in his house and get a license without going for any test, all you need is 5000, pls text me ur name and send ur passport, driving licence can be issued within 48 hours in Nigeria
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 28, 2013
brownlord:

my friend park well, who is responsible for the issuing of license in Nigeria, a country where even a blind man can sit in his house and get a license without going for any test, all you need is 5000, pls text me ur name and send ur passport, driving licence can be issued within 48 hours in Nigeria

Now you accept he has a fake license. .why did you quote me in the first instance then who I asked who was responsible for the issuance ?
Re: Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 11:47pm On May 28, 2013
I suspect the driver is forming deaf and dumb because he was arrested.
Even the task force chairman is only holding him to get the real bus owner.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thugs Beat Mother, Smash Baby Against The Floor / RRS Rescues Tanker Driver And His Assistants From Armed Robbers. / NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.