Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi (1444 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Caption This Photo Of Governor Rotimi Amaechi Dancing Explosively At A Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Alxmyr(m): 8:14am On May 29, 2013
Rivers State Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, on Tuesday during an inter-party rally in Port Harcourt dared the Peoples’ Democratic Party to remove him from office. Speaking to opposition party members in the state, Amaechi declared that “indeed, it is only the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that has the guts to suspend a governor without a reason. I leave them to God and to you (the people).

“We must come together to defend Rivers State. It’s not about me; I have served eight years as speaker, nearly six years as governor. Even if I am removed tomorrow, I am satisfied that this state, this country and history will recognise and remember me.

“If there is no history that I have made, the one God has helped me to make is the one that I stood out and fought for my rights and became a governor.

“You voted on my behalf and the Supreme Court confirmed that when you people were voting, you were voting for me. But you also need to make your own history and that history is that let Abuja know that you can stand for your rights, whether you belong to PDP or APC or any other party.

“If you listened to me yesterday (Monday) when I was addressing Rivers youths, I told them ‘all those from 18 and above should please get up’ and they got up.

“I asked them to sit down, they did and I asked again, ‘all those that have voters’ cards should please get up’ and a lot of them did and I said we should punish irresponsible politicians with our cards.

“So what I expect from all of you whether you belong to APC, CPC, where ever you belong to, start now to mobilise the state for one man, one vote.

“We will not allow them intimidate us with police or anything. Instead, we shall intimidate them with our votes.”

Amaechi explained that any government that cannot attribute its victory to the people’s votes would not be responsible to them. According to him, governments at all levels become transparent and accountable only when they fear they can be voted out for poor performance.

“Any government formed without the people’s votes cannot be responsible to the people. The only way government or governors or presidents or whoever can stop corruption, can stop mal-administration is when that government is put in place by you (the people) and they know that if they don’t govern well, you (the people) will vote them out.

“So your first demand should be that all governments must be responsible enough to allow for a free and fair election,” he added.

The governor, who again condemned his suspension from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party, insisted that he was suspended for no just cause and urged the opposition parties in the state and the people to join hands with his administration to save the state from people bent on destroying it.

http://believeafrica.net/only-pdp-has-the-gut-to-suspend-a-governor-rotimi-amaechi-p297-107.htm
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by obandy: 8:46am On May 29, 2013
Ameachi is still talking rubish and arrogance, organising opposition to rally around him. Why not join them at once you could be their presidential candidate, why are you looking for sambo's job when you can get GEJ's job through APC?

7 Likes

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by gregg2: 8:58am On May 29, 2013
Shame on you, Amaechi! You too will have no peace until you recall those democratically elected Chairman and Councillors of Obio/Akpor LGA. What goes around surely comes around.

1 Like

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by DAY12(m): 8:58am On May 29, 2013
obandy: Ameachi is still talking rubish and arrogance, organising opposition to rally around him. Why not join them at once you could be their presidential candidate, why are you looking for sambo's job when you can get GEJ's job through APC?

Whats rubbish about his statement now? He's talking to his people not you...Haba!
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by ccwizard: 9:06am On May 29, 2013
Only Amaechi has the right to sack and suspend elected chairmen at will, arrest opposition members, destroy and revoke C-of-O of land belonging to those opposing him. What u sow is what u will reap. God has heard the prays of the oppressed in Rivers State. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha i dey laugh oh.

5 Likes

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by kulikuli26: 9:13am On May 29, 2013
I'm so proud of u GRA more than ever before. A real man fight to the end, show dat fisherman you are not a coward.
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by creativino: 9:14am On May 29, 2013
This man is just very useless and hopeless at the same time. He should fight his battle alone. Bloody traitor.

4 Likes

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Alxmyr(m): 9:34am On May 29, 2013
kulikuli26: I'm so proud of u GRA more than ever before. A real man fight to the end, show dat fisherman you are not a coward.

You stand in the house of a coward to point to the ruins of the house of the brave- Chinua Achebe[b][/b] in Things Fall Apart

8 Likes

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by brixton: 9:49am On May 29, 2013
He kip swimming in his original sin

No president wil allow dis sort of mutiny esp frm a supposed kinsman. Kip making noise and rememba ur boastful rants wen u re made to pay fo dem all and not in any way drag d populace into ur troubles cos we ve nt in anyway aided ur careless remarks.

1 Like

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by oshyno(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2013
this is ur problem Amechi. Can't u keep quiet and scheme if uv got plan.must u talk like u hv mouth diorrher. Haba the polity is already heated up and ur stoking it. Na yemen u go run go dis time.

1 Like

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 11:10am On May 29, 2013
By circumventing its own constitution - yes!

Why PDP Can’t Probe Amaechi - Investigation

Why did the National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fail to adhere to the provisions of its constitution which stipulates that an “offender” like Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State face its Disciplinary Committee before his suspension? An emergency meeting of the party’s NWC presided over by the national chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, had met at about 7am on Tuesday and resolved to suspend Governor Amaechi, citing anti-party activities.

However, LEADERSHIP findings revealed that the Rivers governor who was re-elected over the weekend as the chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) was denied fair hearing because the national chairman had failed to constitute a standing Disciplinary Committee.

Our checks in the party and its constitution confirmed that the national chairman has refused to constitute the committee because it is statutorily to be chaired by the deputy national chairman of the party, Dr Sam Sam Jaja, believed to be Governor Amaechi’s loyalist.

Sources in the party said that the national chairman had refrained from constituting this committee to avert “empowering some factions within the NWC”. It is believed that there are three factions within the NWC: one faction supports President Goodluck Jonathan, the second one comprises those loyal to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, while the third faction is loyal to the Governor Amaechi-led NGF.

LEADERSHIP further confirmed that the last Disciplinary Committee in the PDP was the one chaired by the then deputy national chairman, Dr Haliru Bello.

Our findings also confirmed that, even in the event that a Disciplinary Committee existed, the party’s constitution does not vest it with the power to discipline a sitting governor; only the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party is vested with such powers.

Instead of setting up a Disciplinary Committee to be headed by the deputy national chairman, Alhaji Tukur empanelled an 11-member committee led by Chief Joe Gadzama to probe the Rivers State governor after he had been suspended by the NWC.

However, it is doubtful if the Tukur-led NWC would convene the party’s NEC meeting. It is on record that the NWC has not been able to convene a NEC meeting since it assumed office on February 25, 2012, contrary to the provision of the party’s constitution that stipulates that NWC should convene NEC meetings every quarter.

Source
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 29, 2013
This man is seriously begging for pity

1 Like

Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 29, 2013
He should just decamp to CPC and save us all these noise.
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by naffysa(f): 1:29pm On May 29, 2013
gregg2: Shame on you, Amaechi! You too will have no peace until you recall those democratically elected Chairman and Councillors of Obio/Akpor LGA. What goes around surely comes around.
back to sender
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 29, 2013
Now i know the reason why fmr President Obasanjo refused to allow Amaechi to be the PDP flagbearer in Rivers state in the 2007 elections.
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Marotzke(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2013
Alxmyr:

You stand in the house of a coward to point to the ruins of the house of the brave- Chinua Achebe[b][/b] in Things Fall Apart
Actually it is Arrow of God not Things fall Apart. Ezeulu to his warrior son Obika.
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 29, 2013
Oh, write of me, not Died in bitter pains, but Emigrated to another star!

||-Helen Hunt Jackson
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by free2ryhme: 5:09pm On May 29, 2013
it is only in Nigerian a thief flaunts his/her wealth in the full glare of the public>... When he ( Amaechi) signed life pension for himself and his cronies where were these unfortunate ones now he wants to fight he is using them .. Nigerians will never learn make una wise-up politicians no send una at all .. Only to use and dump like fashola did to okada people
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by bloggernaija: 5:44pm On May 29, 2013
creativino: This man is just very useless and hopeless at the same time. He should fight his battle alone. Bloody traitor.
A RADICAL LEADER IS RISING IN THE EAST.TINUBU OF THE NIGER DELTA
I am beginning to love this guy.this is the making of a true leader.it is times like this you know your true friends and political/ideological soulmates. just like tinubu and ngige,I expect the performance of amaechi to go Nitro. Amaechi knows those who the power belong to.the people .he is raising an army that even, those lazy Abuja vagabonds will be unable to stop.
My friend go back to school to get some civic lessons. The mandate does not belong to amaechi or PDP . It belongs to the people and the people should fight for what is theirs.
PDP is just the vehicle used by amaechi to get the people's mandate.the mandate belongs to the people.
JONATHAN BEWARE.AMAECHI MAY NOT ONLY SCUTTLE YOUR AMBITION, HE IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DESTROYING YOU IN YOUR HOMEBASE IN BAYELSA
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by bloggernaija: 5:57pm On May 29, 2013
free2ryhme: it is only in Nigerian a thief flaunts his/her wealth in the full glare of the public>... When he ( Amaechi) signed life pension for himself and his cronies where were these unfortunate ones now he wants to fight he is using them .. Nigerians will never learn make una wise-up politicians no send una at all .. Only to use and dump like fashola did to okada people

Why are you bothered? Let his people ( river state people)decide
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by madamoringo(f): 6:09pm On May 29, 2013
Watch as mostly ibos slander him. Ibos are used to going with the status-quo, anywhere and anything that will butter their small bread is messianic! Get on your feet and take a strong bold stand like the eminent Chief Obafemi Awolowo, like Chief MKO Abiola, like Gani Fawehinmi, like Leonidas, King of Sparta against Xerxes, the examples can go on forever! angry angry angry
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 29, 2013
Jonathan Goodluck chose the wrong person to fight

I predicted it that the Amaechi I know will not go away quietly

Amaechi is not Timipre Silva
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nedu31(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2013
Chai! Soon Arms and money will be flowing round Rivers state and it environ. Wike is ever ready to battle Rivers state Youth with you(Ameachi),he has radical followers than you.
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 29, 2013
[quote
author=Alxmyr]

You stand in the house of a coward to point to the ruins of the house of
the brave- Chinua Achebe[b][/b] in Things Fall
Apart
[/quote]

i swear you ve never read that book. that quote was from arrows of god
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by Marotzke(m): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
madam_oringo: Watch as mostly ibos slander him. Ibos are used to going with the status-quo, anywhere and anything that will butter their small bread is messianic! Get on your feet and take a strong bold stand like the eminent Chief Obafemi Awolowo, like Chief MKO Abiola, like Gani Fawehinmi, like Leonidas, King of Sparta against Xerxes, the examples can go on forever! angry angry angry
dabrake no matter how hard you mask your identity, your offensive odours always give you out.
Re: Only Pdp Has The Gut To Suspend A Governor- Rotimi Amaechi by wirinet(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
obandy: Ameachi is still talking rubish and arrogance, organising opposition to rally around him. Why not join them at once you could be their presidential candidate, why are you looking for sambo's job when you can get GEJ's job through APC?

But when the opposition organized rally around vice president Jonathan to rescue him from Turai, aandoka and the cabal, jonathan was not anti-pdp. And no body was talking rubbish. It is morally wrong to use state resources to force people to accept your wishes. Democracy is about negotiotions, bargaining and convincing others to follow you. It is not by force for every pdp member to accept Jonathan as the presidential candidate for 2015.

president Jonathan through his proxies is expending too much energy fighting amaechi, it will disrupt the whole pdp.

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Deepen Ties Through Marriage. / There ‘ll Be Mayhem If Jonathan Rigs 2015 Polls – Junaid Mohammed / Delta State Commissioner Of Education Beaten By Uweru Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.