Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) (7996 Views)

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) / The Complete Assassin / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2013
I want to start by apologising for the duplication of this thread in the sexuality section, I inteneded to make this a romance/Erotic novel but I'v changed my mind, I intened to make this a Romance/thriller.

The whole story flew to me like a bird, so I'l post it here so you can criticise and comment. To tell the truth I don't know if I am in line or completely off track, your comments will be most appreciated, especially you larry sun, you inspire me.
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2013
LOVE & MARIJUANA.

PRELUDE
Ryan sucked on the end of the stick with all the energy he could summon, filling his mouth and lungs with thick white tar, having inhaled to his content, he exhaled heartily expelling the smoke through his mouth and then his nose...Ryan had not been out of the house for over 2 weeks, his father had stopped disturbing him about his habit, due to his violent outburst, ryan's temper was bad and so was his hygeine, his room had become very untidy, constantly emitting pungent odours, clothes were scattered all around, some even hanging on the fan, ciggarette sizzlers were found on the floor with marijuana concealed in every nook and cranny, taking a bath had seized to become part of his itinary a long time ago.

Ryan savoured the sweet aroma of the smoke as he sat down conviniently inside his room, he reveled in its after-feeling, for ryan weed was the key to unraveling the mysteries of life but ironially anytime he completed his smoking session he would soon realise that life was without enigma, it was as simple as A,B,C...he reasoned that a sober mind was the real mystery because in that state of mind one often accumulated so much problem and distaste, which in fact did not exist, he then concluded that soberiety was dangerous to health...looking at the fact that 70per cent of the population were often sober, it was only a matter of time before they all go mad, he shrugged violently at this revelation... ryan had descended into one of his thinking sprees, one more hit would pacify him he said to himself.

Three more wraps exhausted and he was much more relaxed, scratching his over grown beards obsessively, stomping his legs on the ground at intervals, tracing invicible impressions in the air with his fingers, nodding his head up and down as if vibing to some music even though there was none. Ryans eyes were red and hunch like one who just woke up after sleeping for a 100 years. He would puff the smoke looking at the perp as it dissipated from under his nose, then squint his eyes as if studying it, torrential flow of thoughts were surging through his brain at that moment, the euphoria was settling in, suddenly he let out a chuckle, then a laugh, a rib cracking laughter, that left him scampering for breadth at the end, if only ryan at least knew what he was laughing about, he would be excused for such unusual behaviour.

"Ryan!... young man, Its time for you to go, enough is enough!" Doctor Festus raored from behind the door, Ryan somehow amused by this burst into laughter, but his laughter turned to disbelief as the door was blasted open, severing it from its hinges, causing it to fall flat on the ground, sending particles of stones and dust through the air, doctor Festus and 3 hefty men stood at the entrance, looking like assassins who had come to end ryan's life. Ryan must have been knocked unconscious because the next thing he saw was a Bold sign at an entrance PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL CALBAR ROAD, CALBAR.

On entering the compound he was whisked out of the car, he tried to escape but he was the only one making an effort, the bouncers remained unaffected by his struggle, ryan seemed to be in between a grip lock. In seconds 3 male nurses jumped out from nowhere holding up syringes, with liquid springing from its tip...In one deft move, a move that would not be attempted by jet li himself, ryan wound his left wrist anti-clockwise getting hold of his abductors own wrist, without a second thought he twisted the wrist 360 degrees, with reckless indifference, dismembering his carpal bones completely, the hunky guy shouted in abject pain, before the man on the right could comprehend the situation, he was given a power punch to the neck cutting his oxygen supply abruptly, he fell to his kness with both hands on his kneck, gasping for air, ryan having been releaved of his grip instantly, headed for the gate.

Everyone one in the periphery was in awe of the proceeding events, shouts were head from afar "Hold him, don't let him get away!!" One of the mental patient commented loudly "Ehehn!! See real mad person der, una don see am, after dem go talk say na me dey mad" other patients screamed comically "Oboy that one madness don carry A1 oh". The 2 gate men stood at alert with their truncheon tightly clenched in hand, ready to subdue the 'kung fu master' as he apporached, doctor festus himself stood and stared utterly dumbfounded, not knowing if to sob at his son's deteriorating mental health or marvel at his sudden artistry of martial arts. Ryan stepped towards the gate-men, sweating profusely, breathing heavily with his eyes bulging, red as crimson, those eyes suggested the propensity to do grave harm if need be, Ryan had only one thing in mind 'Escape'.

The security men were now conspicously shaking in their boots although they still managed to stand in their positions, all eyes were looking, heart beats racing, the tension was so tick you could caught it with a knife. With his lips squezed together and his face looking like the underbelly of a lizard, ryan spluttered "If I meet you there,...[He licked his index finger and taped it on the ground, swearing]...I will rip your eyes out and show it to yo..." Before he could complete his sentence an unseen security officer lurked behind him and tapped him with a shock weapon, ryan collapsed to the floor instantly, in seconds all the nurses pounced on him, like hungry lions, ryan screamed with his last energy but with an appealing demeanour, his voice sounding shrieking "Leave me ...alone... am not mad, Please, dad!!!"
He said this while puffing out the sand he had gotten into his mouth as he fell.

This scene caused everyone in the premises to stare apologetically, doctor festus could not stand the sight of his son being treated like an escaped gorilla, he stared at the altercation amidst restrained tears, Mumbling under his breadth "Calm down, its for your own good"

In no time the syringes were administered, sedating Ryan completely, he was half asleep as the nurses carried him to one of the living quarters, reaching the door of his room, he heard the tune "I don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep cause I'd miss you baby and I don't wanna miss a thing", he could recognise that song anywhere anytime, even in his semi-comatose state.
Then he realised it was playing from a phone held by a man, his outfit suggested that he was also a patient, ryan and the man's eyes met for a moment, then the man said "In the mundane world, everything is an illusion, only your conviction is real" and he smiled and looked away, Ryan had heard that statement before, the exact same words, but he could not think in his condition.

He was taken into the room and left to lie down on a bed, again he tried to ponder on those words but to no avail, he could barely even move, the drug had taken its toll on him, his senses had failed him, all he could hear were the echoes of the song, "I could stay awake just to hear you breathing..." From a horizontal point of view, he watched hazily as the nurses left the room, The song now a mere whisper went on "...I could spend my life in this sweet surren...", the door slowly wavered to a close and then there was darkness.

2 Likes

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2013
CHAPTER 1

5 years earlier,
August 2008.

"Say cheeese", "Cheeese"...the camera flashed, most were engaged in the same activity, lenses shuttered on and on, non-stop, capturing the moment, as parents and guardians clinged to their lads who were suited in bright blue gowns, you could feel joy in the air, a feeling of success and attainment pervaded the atmosphere, the temperate weather caped it all, the occassion was nothing less than grandeur. The Vice-chancellor kept on raining blandishments on the matriculants, but the young chaps could care-less.

This was one of the biggest matriculation ceremonies university of calabar ever experienced, a crowd of matriculants were seen right from the main-gate upwards, looking like a carnival parade, there was congestion on the roads leading to the school due to the influx of cars and people both the mischievous and the well meaning, you couldn't walk a mile in calabar that day without spotting someone in a gown and a hat, the colour blue stretched through the horizon of calabar, on the contrary nobody was feeling blue, merriment was the order of that day.

The occassion was hosted in a feild inside the school itself, it was an open stadium, famous for its brilliant design, while the grass were rumored to be imported from a large farm in Egypt, the staduim sits were made of concrete so also were the table which were conjoined to it, they looked like oblisk on a closer analysis, little tiny flourescent bulbs were fastened to the top of the roof, making viewing the more pleasurable, the stadium was used for dual purposes, for viewing and also reading hence the name 'Open Pavillion'.

In the far end of the staduim was an interesting family, praying aloud "Any spirit of darkness!, of failure!, I uproot, I scatter!, any immoral lecturer after my daughter may he become impotent...", just a little farther was a scruffy and rugged looking guy expressing himself to his acquaintances with indignance "5 times! 5 times! jamb no give me admission, see all this small children, Mtcheww, if I no get admission next year, I go kill person"...at a corner was a well dressed guy chatting at close proximity with a female matriculant telling her the usual "...I am a 4th year law student...and yes its legal to love a lawyer, can I have your number?..." The guy hadn't said much and the young lady was already smiling & blushing helplessly, feighning reluctance to take his phone and punch in her digits but at the same time praying he keeps stretching his hand a little longer. Although not everybody was elated on the same level, some one was definately in high spirit, his name was Ryan Archibong efanga.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2013
CHAPTER 2

Ryan efanga had spent the last 2 hours posing for pictures all around, rickmarolling through the whole stadium, he couldn't believe the people he was seeing, cousins, nephews, uncles, aunties, neighbours even friends he had not seen since primary school. Dr and mrs Festus Efanga were so proud of their son, he was to be the second doctor in the family.
Ryan was looking handsome on that day, adorned with his black tuxedo and bow tie, his italian shoes were the cynosure of all eyes, you could say his outfit was a lethal weapon, because he was dressed to kill. Ryan was 19 years of age at the time, but his slim tall build gave him a look of 21, he was dark skined, the most handsome among his siblings, he had an uplong face, decorated with neatly treamed beards, a pair of clear eyes and dark brows, his nose was broad but complemented with soft red lips, these lips was the reason he had girls falling all over him, if not of his Angular jaw bones, which established a dint of masculinity, you would easily mistaken him for a girl, ryan was indeed a cutee even a nun would have difficulties resisting his female alluring charm.
Ryan unable to get clear network on his phone, headed out of the open stadium to look for suitable grounds.

"Hello...why were you not picking my calls", "I wasn't with my phone" , "I see, please don't tell me your still not here", "erm...I'm nearby, am just...u know what I'l be there in an hour", "An hour! , you know what, do whatever u like, that's your business!". Ryan was having such a good time till he realised his girlfriend, lucy had not yet arrived, he was getting upset that his own girl friend was not present at his matriculation Ceremony even when she was in town. lucy was so loving and caring back in secondary school, being one of the most beautiful girls then, Ryan fell in love with her naturally. Now things had taken a drastic turn, maybe it was because she got admitted into a private university he some times thought, now she seldom picked his calls, when they were together she appeared so distracted pinging endlessly with her Blackberry, she embellished her phone with numerous lock codes and answered her calls away from him...to make matters worse they were not even making love, she claimed she was saving it for their wedding night, but then ryan didn't mind he loved her still.

Coincidentally at that same time there was a girl a few meteres ahead in ryan's opposite direction, vituperating her angst and frustration on the phone, with all the distaste and aggreviation she could muster "...Go ahead and Bleep all the girls in calabar!!,...You told me your not in town but I saw you earlier with that bitch in your car, Yeees I did, you filthy beast..." She was still talking, when ryan, angry and frustrated at his girl friends attiitude, bumped into her blindly, accidentally knocking her phone off her hand, which fell to the ground, the screen breaking into little tiny pieces, it was an iphone 3G.

The next thing that followed was a hot slap, but Ryan was fast to dock, "Come o! are you drunk, are you high!" the girl lashed out at him, pointing to her head to emphasise her statement, ryan was ready to apologise to her but her ensuing actions got him instantly enraged "If you had touched me, I could have dealt with you, I don't hit women but I would have made you an exception", "Hee hee hey!...[She exclaimed, as she clutch her hands over her waist, turning her head left and right as if looking for something] Am sure that was your tactic, just to get my attention right?...I don't blame you, you men are all the same, you men are all dogs!, going around sleeping with everything on skirt, Lying to your girl that you have traveled, even on her matriculation day, not caring if...no wonder they say...".

At a certain point ryan was lost, he couldn't mett out what she was screaming about, he noticed she was as frustrated as he was, taking a closer look at her he realised she was a very beautiful girl, she had a light creamy skin, her face held a pair of full chicks on each side, her long glistening ear rings kept dingling as she spoke, she was in an all white outfit, a white skirt and a blouse, anchored with her matric gown, then blended with pink shoes, with her monte blanc purse in one hand but then her hostile disposition had supterfuged most of her lovely features, her make-up was now fading due to perspiration, her eye-liner had become blurry, she had probably shaded a few angry tears, some of her hair had escaped from its rack due to her forcefull demonstrations...looking at her outfit and top notch accessories ryan wondered what could set such a girl on edge, a girl who had almost everything she wanted, he couldn' t fathom how such a beauty could be so Foul-mouthed and ill mannered. This reverie however did not do much to quench his anger.
The girl having rained curses, fire and brimstones on ryan, stormed away leaving him behind, too angry to talk, finally he decided to scream out, mockingly "You must be on your way to re-hab from here but don't you think you are forgetting something", the lady went ahead showing no concern, "Hey you've forgotten your phone, stupid!"...she then turned and to his greatest consternation she shouted back "I don't need it, take it and eat it!", he thought she was bluffing, no one in their right mind would leave behind such a high priced phone, but in disbelief he watched her storm out the staduim gate, with no sign of coming back.

Ryan amazed but still very much angry sighed and proceeded to walk away but then being a well bred and conscionable young man he redressed back and picked up the phone with the hope of returning it to the troubled lady someday somehow.
Unknown to both of them, that day was the start of a series of events which would change their lives and the fate of the world forever.
It was in fact the begining of the end.

2 Likes

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2013
CHAPTER 3
May, 2013
Presnt day.

It was morning and the hamarttan had covered its blanket of fog over the landscape, the weather was chilled and brezzy, giving out a snoozing echoey sound. It was one of those days one slept in a humid climate, just to wake up and shiver at the cold then grab your blanket and pillow for the time being. While the harmattan lasted , the mosquitoes vanished into thin air after a tumultous night of Singing and blood sucking. Irrespective of the weather, some ants at a nearby hill had already started the days job of gathering food and just like the ants, the staffs had also commenced their morning chores.

"Mr man !"...he clears his throat, then calls out again "Mr karate! Wake up its morning", "Hello, wake up!!!"...Ryan still very weak owing to the lasting effects of the drugs, rolls over to his stomach managing to open his eyes half way, then closes it again, still half awake he reflects on the bad dream he had the previous night about his father bondling him to a mental hospital and how he almost escaped, "Stand up or I'l do it by force!!!".

His eyes swing wide open, ryan is now conscious of himself and where he actually is "Shit, that was no dream, shit!!!". He stands up spuriously from the bed, squinting his eyes at the morning light, suprise at the four security guards and two nurses standing at the door post, again the nurses were holding up syringes.
"If you co-operate with us, there would be no need for violence, am sure your still feeeling drowsy from yesterdays episode and you wouldn't want that again would you?" one of the nurses asked kindly, at the same tim poised for any violent reaction "What do you want to inject me with this time, did...dd...did my father order you to kill me" Ryan stuttered, shivering with insecurity, "of course not, just co-operate with us...come out and follow us, its time for your orientation". Ryan still very insecure came out of the room, the staffs parting way for him.

In one swift effort, ryan sprang into a flight, "Ohh Jesus not again, this one is a hard case o" a nurse commented bitterly, ryan dashed away, not caring that he was barefooted, running as fast as his legs could take him, this time he did not intend to fight any one and risk subjugation, no, he would avoid every person and head staraight for the fence, he resolved to scale any barricade no matter how high or sturdy, he was not going to be caged in this prison, he told himself, escape was the only option, so he ran with fury, like a wounded cow escaping from an abattoir. Sadly, poor ryan did not make it far this time, still on the move, another heavy security personnel jumped out from a corner and extended his hand across, stopping ryan in motion, making him tumble in an unexpected back flip and landing on his face.

"...are you ready to allow us treat you" a voice said, ryan woke up from his limbo, with few facial scratches and a swollen eye inflicted by his fall. He was in the office of the sole administrator, who sat in front of him while he was held down on his shoulders by two men, his hands behind him, bound with hand cuffs. The sole ad was a man in his late 40's, he hailed from akwai ibom state, he was dark skinned, endowed with a small frame buttressed by his bald pate, he wore a round shaped lens roped around his neck, which he always adjusted when he was about to read or focus, twitching his nose after he did so. The man was a stunch disciplinarian, feared by few and respected by all, amidst his fierce personality he joked and laughed once in a while. He was an epitome of the expression "Small but mighty". He was said to have graduated from Harvard medical school summa cum laude, with his impeccable syntax to show for it, coming to calabar he was beckoned on and made the sole administrator of the hospital instantly. Doctor Joseph udosen was his name.

"Now will you co-operate with us?, as you can see escape is obviously otiose" Dr udosen said, twitching his nose involuntarily...Ryan did not assent verbally but his eyes said it all, he had accepted defeat, at least for the mean time.

Ryan was subsequently uncuffed and sensitized on the rules and regulations of the psychiatric facility, he was enrolled in the register and allocated an ID card with a number which he was to use as a pass to the cafetaria, engagements and every other extra-curricular activities, he was not called ryan but refered to by his number, Number 101.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2013
CHAPTER 4

Five days had soon passed and ryan was getting acquainted with his new home, albeit difficulties, he hardly talked to the inmates, this was understandable because he was never the out going type, in addition he had not smoked marijuana in days, his restlessness was building up. He sat on the steps of his room watching his colleagues display their dribbling skills and team spirit on the pitch, prior to this he locked himself indoors all day but now he was becoming more receptive of his enviroment.

The hospital premises was a vast compound with 'In and out' gates at far horizontal ends, facilitated with a U turn connecting them. The premises was divided down the line with the Administrative quarters on one side made up of offices, two security posts, a mini filling station and a single ward for female patients then the living quarters on the other side, solely for housing the male patients, the were 2 wards, ward 2 and 3, each contained 8 small rooms erected as self contained apartments, all built around a meduim sized field which had 2 tall poles in its middle weilding the Nigerian and the cross river state flag. The small gate to the female ward and the living quarters were heavily paddlocked at all times, except when the doctors came for examination and clarking. Each room was supposed to contain 6 patients but Ryan was left alone in his room for now because the authorities were unsure of his reaction.

"Goal!!!" Someone had scored, although ryan did not know which team was which, he watched as the winning team ran around jubilating, some sliding on the grass others sumasulting, they looked completely normal, he wondered why some of them were here, just then one of the players ran to the ball with a phone, put it on the ball with his index finger on his lips, cautioning his team mates saying "Shhhh he has a call" okay he now knew why some of them were here but all the same they all looked happy and contented.

"Funny right?" Ryan looked up, it was a man, one of the inmates, he looked very familiar, he was the one that spoke to him that day while his lifeless body was being dragged to the room , ryan recalled in a giffy. "In the mundane world everything is an illusion only your conviction is real", he now remembered where he heared that phrase, it was a movie, it was actually of little importance. "Yes it is", ryan replied "That is Lewis, we call him customer care, he is obsessed with phones, he sincerely believes there is someone talking to him on the other side of the line", ryan laughed at this, the man had a deep baritone voice, he was huge, heavy around the neck and shoulders, he was of chocolate complexion which was a contrast to his cat eyes, like one seen in an albino. He was a cameroonian by birth but lived in calabar most of his life.

"So what did you do" his base voice echoing, Ryan looked confused, "I mean what are you here for" Ryan having understood smiled lightly "Your making this place sound more like a prison for offenders, I didn't do anything" ryan replied...the man laughed, "okay let me guess, they said your crazy right", ryan exhalled saying "yes oh" he paused then continued "My father brought me here, he said I smoke too much Igbo" they both joined in a long laughter.

Ryan's laughter came to a gradual end, as he stared with his mouth agape at a young beautiful lady walking by. She wore a lab coat, blue jeans and a pair of slippers, the girl was what some would describe as famously beautifull, all her features seemed to be in their right proportion it was as if she was carved out of the drawing board of leonardo da vinchi, her looks produced a sort of soothing effect deep within, ryan almost went berserk, when she looked at him right in the eye and gave him a wink. Her fair skin glowed like a chandellier, emitting a kind of soft white light, her dark unencumbered hair undulating as she moved along with subtlty, she was so beautiful ryan feared he was imagining it all, it would seem she was walking in slow motion at least until his colleague tapped him, whispering "Don't stare, you'l make her uncomfortable", but ryan couldn't help it, he kept stealing peeps while she walked away. "She's something huh?", ryan was still beauty struck "Please who is she?" Ryan asked, "She is a medcine student, she comes here with her group to clark patients" ryan kept on listening wanting to hear more "By clark I mean to ask patients questions then document it" "Oh clark!, yes I know what clark means" ryan heaved. Now she was long gone, the two of them sat quiet for few seconds, deep inside, ryan knew there was something about that girl, something transcending beyond her beauty, something about her seemed too familiar. "Well am Sean, Big sean", the man said, he continued "erm...I know your 101, what's your real name?", "My name is ryan, not big ryan though just ryan" sean watched him closely then smiled, extending his hands for a handshake, which ryan obliged immediately, "Welcome ryan, welcome" he said.

2 Likes

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2013
CHAPTER 5

It was a year already and ryan was in his 200 level in school, he still had 6 years ahead before he became a doctor but he was already experiencing the fatigue synonymous with the profession. He had been dumped by his girlfriend, lucy, 6 months earlier, after confessing to him that she had been sleeping with some other guy in her school, that period was a sad time for ryan, a period he never quite got over. As for the troubled girl he encountered on his matric day he never saw her again, he didn't even know her name, still he never forgot about her, he couldn't, her iphone which had become his property, had rendered the memory of her indellible, the screen had been fixed by a generous friend of his for no charge at all, although all the contacts on the phone had been accidentally wiped off in the process of repairs, though ryan would have willingly given it back if the girl showed up and asked for it, that possibility seemed highly unlikely.

After 5 hours of strenous Lectures, the lecturer decided to call it a day, the students trooped out all at once to get refreshments in other to recuperate for their practicals in an hour. Saying that ryan was tired was an understatement, if he hadn't eaten a full meal early that morning he would have been crawling out of the class room. Ryan and his three friends headed out to their favourite canteen to relax, a place called Mrs Bigg's.

Ryan was always of a reserved nature, a character he often attributed to his star sign, leo, having been born on July 31, not that he was a recluse, he only felt it was wise to talk only when necessary, so it was only normal that he made just two friends, amidst his many other acquaintances. His friends were Samuel and kelvin. While samuel was a shy and quiet type, from an average family, a leo too, kelvin was a complete extrovert, he often brought in vigour into the cocus when things seemed dull, he was the richest among them, he owned a car, his father was the proprietor of various businesses including a paint brand, which was highly patronised for its affordability and high quality.

While waiting for their order they sat disscussing about the last lectures, except samuel who was glued to his phone screen. "Hey sammi, I hope your not browsing porn in that phone of yours?" Kelvin asked jokingly and they all laughed, including samuel, "Mehn! am reading my daily horoscope, this things work like magic", "Okay what does your horoscope say, that your gonna get laid today by sandra?" kelvin asked again, sacarstically and laughter ensued, although samuel didn't find this one funny. Sandra was a girl in class he admired so much but was too shy to approach her. "Na una sabi" samuel replied, disguising his anger, "okay heres what it says" he cleared his throat as he continued "Your gonna meet someone today, someone very unusual, someone who's probably the last person on your mind, don't hold back, try to be open because he or she is going to lead you through an odyssey (Long journey) of self-discovery" "An odyssey of sex with sandra?" Kelvin put in once again and laughed, sensing that samuel was now irate, ryan cut in "He or she? See excepting star characteristics, the daily horoscope thing is a scam, its common sense really, theres no how you won't meet a ...". Cause am so sick of love songs so tired of you, so done... Ryan's iphone was ringing "Hello, who is this?", "This is vivian woruji, your using my phone and I want it back", this got ryan's attention "Vivian who?, am not sure I know you or what your talking about", ryan replied waiting to hear more "hey! Are you a thief!, I said your using my phone, wait a minute, are you the guy who smashed my screen on the floor in last years matric ceremony" Ryan couldn't believe it, it was her alright, the sausy arrogant bitch from the past, she waited a whole year before calling? Ryan thought to himself, all along his friends stayed silent wondering who was resposible for the change in his facial expression "I am the guy, but...is this how to talk to someone who is with your phone, besides how did you get this number?", "Look at what your holding, its an iphone 3G, it comes with a tracking chip...so if you don't return my phone right now I'l track you and lock you up for the rest of your miserable existense", ryan's temper flared up "You are an idiot! , if you don't learn to talk to me or any other person like a human being should, then forget about getting this phone back" ryan swallowed his spit then continued with less anger in his voice "I know your phone has a tracking chip, its called Power vr mbx and I can disable it, if you never want to see this phone again try me, good day!" He hung up, by now the whole canteen was staring at him his friends not excluded in the stare.

Before he completed his meal the phone rang 7 more times but ryan did not pick it, he was determined to kill her pride, he wanted to make her beg. After eating his meal and carefully attending to his perrewinkles, the phone rang again, "Hello", "See, am sorry if I talked..." Ryan cut her short purposely "I didn't hear you, sorry for what?" "I said am sorry if I talked to you inappriorately, am having a really bad day, okay?, there are very important documents on my phone which am in dire need of, I will be very grateful if you gave it back to me, please" wow, ryan was touched, he never knew the she devil could speak with such cooed tone "I will return your phone to you...", "Thanks a ..." Ryan cut in "Right after I attend my practicals", "What!, are you...", ryan overtook her "Did I hear you say something" "No no I didn't, that's okay, please when will you be through with your practicals", "I'l be through in the next two hours", he replied with a firm voice "that's fine, I'l see you then" she assented.

In two hours ryan was looking face to face at the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, she was by far more beautiful than he recalled. "Mr man wake up, you sleep too much, its morning, wake up!!!". Ryan woke up.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2013
CHAPTER 6

Ryan opened his eyes, then retired to the bed once again sighing, mumbling under his breath "An odyssey of self-discovery right?, more like an odyssey of pain and misfortune", "Number 101, its time for your psycho. Examination, the doctors are here", this time the nurse did not stand there waiting for him to respond, she left leaving the door wide open.

Ryan had been dreaming about his past life, then when he was a student of medicine, a young man with bright prospects and big dreams, now he was just a young man with an untidy beard, and a smelly shirt, a mad man caged in a mental home, with an undiluted temper and an unquenchable desire for marijuana. Ryan had a lot of other interests apart from medcine, one of them was writing, he longed for a writing career, in the fiction genre, though he didn't read many novels, he had a natural talent for narrating and synthesising words together, his imagination was fascinating, he wrote many other things like poems, articles, movie scripts, music lyrics, etc. In his ss3 class he wrote a play, which through the help of his mum and teacher was sold for 30,000 naira, since he entered medical college he lost his motivation to write more, his father never approved of his writing ambition, he always wanted his son to follow in his foots steps, that teacher of his would simply weep if she saw him in this condition, as for his mother, who was divorced from his dad, she didn't want to see him again, the pain of seeing her son in such state was agonising, the last time she came around the house to see him, she suffered a mild stroke afterwards.

Ryan walked out of the room languidly, taking notice of the medical students who were gathered in the field, all on white lab coats, most of them were sitting in coloumns, each questioning his or her patient, 3 armed security men were spread across the field, poised to handle any unwholesome situation. Also present there was Doctor Udosen, supervising the perimeter with his scrutinising eyes. Most of the student doctors were very young, For a second ryan imagined himself in a white lab coat, with his both hands in his pocket, his chest pushed up, air blowing through his hair, as he just stood there on the field in a confident posture, he waved his head in regret dispelling the thought.

" Otobong, find a patient with a history of marijuana!", Ryan turned to see who was shouting, it was a middle aged man, probably a specialist, he thought, a little distance beside him was Otobong, a girl, the girl that walked by on that faitfull day, the girl that had set his soul on fire, ryans heart skipped 2 beats, he was filled with joy, it was like that feeling you get when Nepa restored power at the time you really needed it the most. Their eyes met and they stared at each other for a while, still maintaining her gaze on ryan she tilted her head and shouted "I'v found a patient", "Okay, here is one your looking for, he has been here for two weeks now, he has never been examined, am sure you'l find him interesting" Doctor Udosen said smiling, "I'l take him" Immediately a young male students set out to approach Ryan, but Ryan wanted to be examined by the beautiful lady, he wanted that more than anything in the world even marijuana, as the guy approached, the girl protested, "I already have him", but the young man just ignored her, "Sit, let us talk", "Sorry I already have some one examining me, her name is Otobong" Ryan said, "I am Otobong, don't worry just relax" the guy said chukling, Ryan sensed the young man was not taking him seriously, he hated it when some one treated him as if he did know what he was saying or doing, how can he claim he is Otobong when Otobong was standing beside him, "I don't want to talk to you get out of this place!!!" Ryan screamed, grabbing him on his coat unconsciously, everybody turned to look at them, the security men reached for the butt of their gun, Ryan on seeing this, let the man go, saying apologetically "I said I already have a doctor, here she is" Ryan pointed to the girl, the frightened young man did not even bother looking he simply redressed back, with a puzzled look on his face. "Sorry about that, just leave him, its okay, this one has anger issues" Doctor udosen pleaded.

Otobong was calm and gentle by all standards, even when the self conceited student came to examine ryan, ignoring her completely she did little to assert her right, screaming or fisticuff was the last thing on her agenda. "You shouldn't have done that, I would have found a patient eventually", "No I wanted you to examine me", "why" otobong asked in a sweet tone, blinking her long eye lashes "Because...because anytime I see you, you make me want to be a better person and also because your beautiful", Otobong did not respond she just stared at him, Ryan put his face down in embarassment, she then laughed and said "That's really cute", they both smiled at each other. Meanwhile the others were still staring at them, so they decided to walk a little distance away so she would commence her questioning.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by An0nimus: 3:02pm On May 29, 2013
@OP You are one talented writer Chief. Story is on point and making too much sense.

I observed one too many commas in your work, a handful of typos and proper nouns starting with small letters. Spellcheck would go a long way in tackling some of these. That being said this is a very good write-up, Welldone cool
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by IZUKWU(m): 5:49am On May 30, 2013
Very well crafted,waiting for my second dose.
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by enohbong: 11:34am On May 30, 2013
Diz iz lovely!
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:04pm On May 30, 2013
CHAPTER 7

She locked the door of her room and slipped the key into her brassiere, then leaned with her back and hands to the door. She beat her lips sensuously as she approached him with slow calculated steps, maintaining an unshakable focus, her gaze stern but loving, punched with a little dose of lust. A strand of sweat rolled from his hair down to his chick, he was nervous but at the same time mesmerized by her grace and beauty, he had fallen for her from the very first day, now that love had culminated into something monumental, something larger than life, something even Wole Soyinka couldn't describe in his most inspired moment. "Give me the key to your heart" Ryan said, "Get it out" she replied, with his eyes focused and his senses heightened he swiftly peeled off her blouse exposing her full light skinned bosoms carefully encased in her Kevin Klein bra, the key sat there on her left brea5t, Ryan picked it out, secretly savoring the soft feel of her flesh, "You have the key to my heart now, don't misuse it, keep it safe" Ryan did not say a word but his eyes screamed yes, so loud it was heard at the top floor of the mansions in heaven. She brought her face close and close till the space between them disappeared, their lips interlocked in a kiss, their saliva mixing with no inhibition, tongues gliding against each other, heads changing position, serenated by the warmth of their mouths. "Mr. Ran, Mr. Ryan!!!" Ryan jumped back to consciousness.

"Thinking about Otobong right?", Big Sean asked, "Naa just relaxing" Ryan lied, After she had examined him that day, Ryan couldn't get her off his mind, they seemed to have some sort of connection, Ryan found it hard to believe that a gorgeous medical student like Otobong could pick interest in him irrespective of his appearance and mental state. He was determined to make her fall in love with him, he planned on getting that key to her heart but if he was going to succeed he would have to at least start by taking a bath, shaving his beards and looking good for her.

All the while Ryan and big Sean were sited in the cafeteria awaiting their launch, everyone was extremely hungry, it was 2 o'clock in the afternoon and food was not ready, it was heard that the cook, Mrs. Mary akpan had been robbed the previous night and beaten mercilessly, although there was no news of rape, it was sad to note that she just collected her salary on that day, Mrs. akpan had been through a lot, one of her sons was currently serving a life sentence for armed robbery, just last year her husband passed away, now she had been robbed of her whole salary. While she was recuperating in a hospital, a replacement was gotten immediately, although this caused a delay.

Ryan had been in psychiatric hospital for a month now and the authorities had consistently denied him of Marijuana, even when he pleaded to a security man who he thought shared his passion for the substance, the man declined to help. Although the thought of Otobong kept him happy, he still needed marijuana to survive.

"Madam do good has been through a lot " Sean's heavy voice reverberated, madam do good was what she was fondly called, "Most definitely, cruel fings have happened to the womin" Boniface concurred, Boniface was their new acquaintance, he was a stout man with a plumb build, he was in his middle 30's, he was very dark in complexion one would think he was of Hausa descent, he was quit knowledgeable too, he spoke impeccable English with a phonetic tone, he was always on his lenses which he preferred to leave hanging on his nose, Boniface was a law student in his final year before he started suffering from a mental condition known as Cerebral Atrophy the disintegration of neurons in the brain.

The cafeteria was a large area used as a canteen and a lobby, after eating the patients were allowed to sit back and relax. Televisions were mounted at the four corners of the place. Contrary to common belief, the patients were never chained they were allowed to move freely. The cafeteria looked like Mr. Biggs, minus all the shinning paint, marble floor and colorful food menus, there was no air-conditioner either but the patients never complained, it was more than enough for them. It was here Ryan learnt a lot about his colleagues and their nick-names, with their unusual peculiarities.

Few of the patients enjoyed eating raw butter, an act which was never clear to him, while some looked completely normal most of them were often on their own, either staring into the thin air or trying very hard to look at their noses. What intrigued Ryan the most was their concept of hierarchy, they were some patients who often taunted and teased by others, then there were a special few who were highly revered and respected, most times they did not cue for their food, it was brought to them by willing servants. The intriguing part is that this revered few were neither advanced in age nor big or muscular, they were sometimes young even smallish, they were just average people who always kept to themselves, they hardly spoke, even if they did they talked to themselves, It amazed Ryan why it was this way.

Again contrary to common wisdom, not all of them became that way due to marijuana; most of them were there due to many other factors.

Ryan, big Sean and their new friend Boniface sat down feeding their eyes with happenings around them.

"Hello!!! Hello, yes this is Lewis, how can I help you", that was Lewis, fondly called customer care, talking to a non-existent person on the phone, he was an MTN engineer, he suffered was a condition called schizophrenia.

At the centre of the canteen was a group of patients sited, they were always lousy, they were nicknamed the expendables and just like the actors in the movie they too were endowed with large muscular physiques, they spent their time talking about their glory days of how they chased the finest women and smoked the finest weed. They were all suffering from Hypo-mania, they could become violent at the slightest or imagined provocation, destroying anything in their paths, the violence could go on for hours, to curb this possibility however they were given daily doses tranquilizers.

At the corner was a tall, skinny young man, he was not looking when he hit his leg on a chair, grabbed the table mat and fell to the ground, taking everything with him. He always walked in a very clumsy manner, with his face to the ground. He was fondly called Ray Charles..

"That guy should get a grip on his libido" Boniface exclaimed, making absolutely no sense, his blunder seemed to have eluded his friend’s ears. "He is suffering from acute personality disorder, obviously" Boniface added, this time making meaning. "That's true, he will not be okay until the depleted grey matter in his cerebral cortex are regenerated" Sean’s deep voice echoed, "of course, of course" Boniface nodded his head vigorously in agreement, then he continued "With the grey-pinkish matter gone he is a Non-compos mentis" [The grey matter is in fact grey & pinkish in color] Ryan and Sean kept staring at him wondering what he meant "By that I mean he is of unsound mind", "oh" they replied simultaneously, "Yes, for me am Men Sana incopore sano, that is latin for a healthy mind in a healthy body", Boniface said with a smile and a look of attainment.

Just then Risky stepped in to the premises, "Madam do good, do good na!", he screamed, eliciting laughter from everybody, risky was obviously ignorant of Mrs akpans predicament, most hailed him "Risky!!!", the expendables screamed pointing to him "Our man don show, Risky bobo !" Risky was the most sociable person in the hospital, he was loved by all, he seemed to be friends with everyone, even the nurses and security men, his actions and utterances seemed very co-ordinated, Ryan was yet to know what brought him to the hopital. "That risky of a man leaves much to be desired, I wonder what bestowed him among us" Bonnyface said, "The causes of insanity are numerous, it could be schizophrenia, Bi-polar disorder, which causes heightened moods, it could even be syphilis" Sean said, "Syphilis!" Boniface shouted, "Oxford research of 2006 shows that syphilis can trigger of mental illness" Sean said sharply, he then paused and continued "Maybe risky isn't even crazy maybe he is an undercover from the FBI", they all laughed including Ryan, Boniface put in "O, it reminds me of the infamous Italian mafia boss Vincent Gigante who feigned insanity for years and avoided a conviction for murder, he was put in the Bethlem asylum, the oldest in Europe since 1403" Boniface looked up smiling as he continued "Now feigned insanity is considered to be malingering by virtue of State v. Binion"

There was no day that passed that didn't convey with it something astonishing and unbelievable. However today's episode was overwhelming, all the while Ryan sat there listening to his two friends brain storming, dispensing with dates and names fluently as if they were reading it from a book, Prior to this day Ryan's idea of a psychiatric inmate was an image of a man with a dirty appearance, constantly mumbling to himself, trying hopelessly to catch flies in the air, a man completely bereft of the ability to reason, co-ordinate and maintain good memory but here he was in the midst of the most knowledgeable people he had ever met, people who were tagged as 'the mentally ill'.

After 2 hours of waiting, launch was finally ready, Ryan and his cohorts together with everybody feasted on their meals with relish like hungry hyenas.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Neduzze5(m): 7:50am On May 31, 2013
Nice story but you have to do something about your spellings. For example, I saw

Cue instead of queue
launch instead of lunch
sited inside sitted

that's all I could point out for now.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by An0nimus: 10:59am On May 31, 2013
this is some super good work mate. I love the way you add some humour here and theresmiley following all the way cool
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by ATMC(f): 11:41am On May 31, 2013
@op to go beserk means to get angry not as used in chapter four, when ryan saw d female doctor...i stand to be corrected anyway
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:27am On Jun 01, 2013
ATMC: @op to go beserk means to get angry not as used in chapter four, when ryan saw d female doctor...i stand to be corrected anyway
Beserk means, frenzied or our of control not Angry.Thanx for your contribution anyway.
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2013
An0nimus: this is some super good work mate. I love the way you add some humour here and theresmiley following all the way cool
Thanxs
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2013
Neduzze5: Nice story but you have to do something about your spellings. For example, I saw

Cue instead of queue
launch instead of lunch
sited inside sitted

that's all I could point out for now.
Thanx for ur observation , I'l correct it right away
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Emperortj93(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
GREAT STORY. ¤ask shyly¤ can u pls gv me more?
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Sitex(m): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
ATMC: @op to go beserk means to get angry not as used in chapter four, when ryan saw d female doctor...i stand to be corrected anyway
not in all cases...that word applies contextually...it could mean getting mad with excitement, i think that was the intent of enitsua
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by IZUKWU(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
@op,i hope you have not forgotten us so soon.
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by ATMC(f): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Sitex:
not in all cases...that word applies contextually...it could mean getting mad with excitement, i think that was the intent of enitsua
aiit
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by emmiesky(m): 3:42am On Jun 12, 2013
This is vivian woruji

The name reminds me of Dr. Woruji of the Faculty of Law in Unical. Good piece of work. Thumbs up.
GREAT MALABITE!!!
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Sitex(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
emmiesky: This is vivian woruji

The name reminds me of Dr. Woruji of the Faculty of Law in Unical. Good piece of work. Thumbs up.
GREAT MALABITE!!!
He's now prof
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
Am glad you like it. However prof woruji has nothing to do with the story, it is a mere coincidence.
You somehow got me there though, I actually tot your name was Vivian woruji
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
I want to apologise for my absence of late, I went on a limbo, with the hope of re-invigorating myself. But am happy to say am back. I hope to complete this novel, abandoning it is not an option. So fear not.

So here is one more chapter, enjoy

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
CHAPTER 8

"The body is the most complex mechanism ever known, do you agree?” the class chorused blandly, not uttering anything comprehensible. The class had been going on for 4 hours and counting, everybody was tired, eyes were dazed, bodies frail, throats thirsty, stomach's churning in defiance but not the indomitable Mr. Idowu efosa, the anatomy lecturer. If he was given the opportunity he could lecture for straight 48 hours or more. Most times Ryan and his classmates believed he was on some kind of narcotic drug that made him ever so agile, considering his obesed weight. "An infant body is made up of 300 bones, which fuses during growth to form 206 bones in an adulescence" Idowu's fat neck gurgled as he said this. On a normal day the class would marvel at the medical fact but the fatigue had descended on everyone with a vicious weight.

Ryan eyes were so red he looked like a vampire, he had been idle all night, trying to read but distracted by the deafening gun shots in his neighbourhood. There was a cult clash across town, two people were already rumoured to be dead but the mobile police had been dispatched and the turmoil brought to a halt.

"Look I know you people are tired but am sure you knew what you were up against when you signed up for medicine, you are not an average student, you are a live saver, nothing like the others, as far as am concerned others outside the medical college are all illiterates...". You could always see the outright arrogance in Mr Efosa's statements, he like few other professors and specialist thought of themselves as God's gift to mankind, for them the practice of medicine was only for the elites, it was an endeavour placed at the pinnacle of the academia.

Ryan had lost concentration an hour ago, he kept thinking of that silky smooth skin, that piercing almond shaped eyes, the dark eye brows and charming smile, most times bitchy and sarcastic but still charming. He remembered her lips on that day, artfully soiled with strawberrry scented lip gloss, I never realised she was that beautifull, ryan thought, but her arrogance, pride, sausiness, would I...would she...No, I would just end up being insulted. Ryan trashed the thought, feeling ashamed for even thinking he could successively woo such a girl. He had returned her phone to her and that was all, he would never see her again.

"In my days I spent six hours in lectures, five hours in hospital and the result was a distinction, so stop bitching", yes Doctor Efosa said 'bitching', again the class would have mused in open mouthed suprise if not for the hunger and fatigue. Sometimes Doctor Idowu's babble manifested his insecurity, who would blame him though; the man weighed almost 200 pounds, his trunk looked inflated, his neck... to tell the truth he didn't seem to have a neck, just a considerably small head in contrast to his balloon figure. He had an unmistakable semblance to the rasputia character in the Eddie murphy movie, Norbit. Everything about him was a contrast, his white shirt tucked in black pant trousers, lazy bulky frame infused with an energetic spirit, even his name was a contrast. Idowu was Yoruba, Efosa, Benin, he was probably the first Nigerian in records to have two names from two ethnic groups. Among all these, Doctor Efosa was a virtuoso in his field; he knew the human anatomy like the palm of his hand.

Ryan was so drained, he felt he would drop dead any moment, his classmates were bored to their bones, at the corner kelvin was exchanging pleasanteries with Mrs. Ursula, Ursula was in her middle 30's, one of the richest members of the class, her husband was an oil merchant, who was based in malasia, he only came into Nigeria a few times a year. Even with all the cash, elegance and soothing comfort, Ursula was very much disgruntled, she was always on the prowl for young intersting boys, who would keep her company and keep the cobwebs out of her bed. The stories that preceded her were mind boggling and from all indication kelvin was about to be a character in one of these stories. Samuel on the other hand was staring at Sandra from behind, dalling absent-mindedly with his biro as if sketching her, Sandra here faintly aware of his existence. Roseline was still very much attentive, one of the brightest in class, rumour had it that she scored 398 in Jamb exams. Kendall the class LovePeddler, equally very brainy, fashionable too. She held a reputation for her daringly skimpy clothes; she dressed similar to a cheer leader. She was busy beaming her face in her small mirrror and straighting her mini skirt, kendall could sleep with anything that walked, maybe that was the only way she ridded her self of the stress of the faculty, Samuel strongly believed her to be an obanje.

"...and that concludes our class, see you in practicals", Doctor Efosa hobbled out of the class, occupying time and space, leaving the students to stare at his bouncing bottom in comic horror. After 5 hours of excruciating learning the class was finally over.

Ryan huddled out of the class, with the sole intention of re-filling his stomach with Mrs. Bigg's garri and fresh fish soup. Kelvin was at the door of the class furthering his budding liason with Mrs. Ursula; Samuel was pacing nervously around the vicinity, blowing air into his folded palms. Daniel dennison and his two side-kicks, Carl and mac, entered their various cars and squealed away, those were the most arrogant students of the college, all their parents were professors, intelligent and wealthy. Doctor Dennison was a professor at the college, carls dad lectured at the university of uyo, Mac's dad lectured outside the country. These guys had everything going for them, cars, money, women, you name it. With their affluence and brains, they felt like semi-gods.

Samuel came over to Ryan "Oboy you have to go and eat without me" Samuel was breathing hard, his shirt drenched in perspiration, his eye balls sunken in. "Samuel what is going on with you, did you just get diagnosed of h.i.v aids?", "No man" samuel said relaxing a little, his eyes still nervous "I want to ask sandra out, I just have to tell her how I feel, am capable am I not, am a man am I not?" Samuel said, seeking re-assurance. "Well Samuel, its a good idea but don't you think you should be friends with her first, instead of asking her out the first time you speak to..." Ryan got caught in the middle of his sentence. He saw something, something beautiful but inimical. Something juxtaposed of sugar and vinegar. It was Vivian, the she devil, I take it back, that day she was looking like a she angel. Her face looked glorious, her hair was braided, pearl strewn, then tied in a bun with the surplus laid down like tendrils over her shoulders, her style was always esoteric, Ryan often wondered whether she had a personal make up designer. "So what are you saying, I shoudn't ask her out?", "No go ahead and ask her out, me I would, excuse me" Ryan blurted lackadaisically, dazed at the sight of Vivian woruji.

"Hey" ryan screamed running towards vivian, he couldn't believe himself, chasing after a girl, running to her like a christmas goat, was this love, lust or was he just desperate?. "Hey Vivian", Vivian turned swinging her decorated braids, jangling on each other as they settled back on her shoulder. At that point Ryan was hit by her scintillating perfume, a combination of cinnamon and lavender. "Hi em...how you doing, I'v not seen you since then", Vivian slowly took off her gucci shades, exposing her bright eyes, circled with deep eye-liner, her eye brows dark and natural, few strands of hair slanting vertically at the edges. Her hazel eyes beamed, frizzed with long slender lashes, her oval face, complemented by her lush chicks, her fair skin, rich and lavish. Vivian stood there looking at Ryan, as if oblivous of who he was "I'm Ryan..., your phone...don't you remember me?" Ryan jittered; having a feeling he just made a huge mistake in calling her. "No, I know you and thanks for my phone, am just listening to what you have to say" Vivian said with no emotion. "I just came over to say hi and if possible get your ph. Number" Ryan responded. Vivians mouth opened in a pepsodent smile, "I see...Ryan, that's your name right?, I appreciate you for being the one to return my phone to me, seriously I do, but let me draw the line before you get any funny ideas" She continued, her eyes scorched and haughty, mixed with disdain "I don't know you, you don't know me, we only talked because you held something that belonged to me, so do us a favour and stay away, if you see me, pass, if I see you I'l do same. We have nothing in common and we never will and I don't appreciate just anybody screaming my name in public...I hope I'v made myself crystal clear, have a nice day, Dan", then she stopped, weighing ryan with contempt "Besides your not even close to my type" vivian blurted, threw on her glasses and walked ahead.

Jesus! , the girl was a devil. A soul devoid of Sympathy and human conscience, a being thriving on pride and rage, steering along the locus of doom but she was gorgeous, No she was not, she was the harbinger of pain and catasthrophe. If there was any hormone in her body responsible for evoking love and care it was no more, that hormone had become dark and stale. Her last words left a sting, Ryans self esteem was crushed, masticated in fact, pulped into dust is more like it. Least she could have done was pronounce my name correctly Ryan mused but all that insult for what? It serves me right, putting my eyes where it doesn't belong, to hell with this, to hell with her!, never again, never!.

Admiration had turned into dejection, dejection to anger, anger to rage and now rage had descended into hate, pure wicked hate. Ryan would descpice Vivian forever.

Ryan was so engrossed in his frustration; he didn't notice the avalanche of people running down, towards him. The ground quaked, the dust levitated, there was apprehension, an impending upheaval at hand, turmoil of a soaring magnitude. A gun shot!, a deafening sound of deadly bullets propelled from a metal vaccum was put into the air. Ryan was frightened to consciousness but now the running herd had moved ahead of him. Series of fast paced gun-shouts poured out, which could only be the product of semi-automatic weapons, screams were heard, followed by high pitched guttural sounds. The infamous cultist had made their way into school, blood and death was in-evitable. Was this a path in the odyssey or was this the precipice to which ryan would crash to his death?

Ryan was too distabilised to move, it all happened too fast. "Ryan, what are you doing, come into the building!!!" Kelvin thundered from across the road, before ryan could turn around he caught sight of a man weilding an Ak47, pointing it at another man, "Bloody alora, you will die in the hands of a viking!!!" In seconds the man dispensed with his bullets, smithing his victim on his neck, head and body, eliciting dark red blood, which spewed out as the man shivered with mechanical tremor and droped to the ground, dead. Ryan hardly recovered from the morbid visual when another man was shot on the head, a sight synonymous with a stone smashed into an over ripe water melon. The assaulted crashed to the ground in a pool of blood, his upper head missing. Just a little distance were two people fighting with matchets, the other was fast enough to dodge a deadly blow, giving him the opportunity to lacerate his opponents back, then severe his head, in a deadly swipe. Away from Ryan two students engaged in gladiatoral fisticuffs, determined to bring the other to his very end. Students ran blindly, others scampered to safety, some revealed their guns and other weaponry to the astonishment of thier friends. Hearts pounded and lives hung by a thread, it was a full fledged war!
Screeches were heard and cars raced forward, some knocking down unfortunate runners, one could hear the bones snapping and crunching underneath the cars, as it left a trail of blood in its wake. In few swift drifts, one reminiscent of a scene in the movie 'Fast and furious', three cars circled ryan, then Vivian was hoisted back towards the cars, her hair gripped by one of the vengefull raggamuffins, as he dragged her along. Suprisingly she didn't make it far when the fights commenced.

"Is this him? the bloody f.ucking alora?!" One of the cultists snarled, his eyes deadly, thirsty for blood. Vivian was in a state of shock, she could hardly utter a word. "Answer me you b.itch!", "He is the one , let's take them both and leave before the unical police gets here" one of the assailants suggested. Imperceptibly Vivian sliped out of the grip of her oppressor and attempted to bolt, when another man a distance away, clutched her by the neck and hoisted her up, chocking her oxygen supply, her legs few inches from the ground. She was flung into the car. Before Ryan could offer any suggestions, he was battered at the back of his skull with a plank, putting him in a dazed reality.

Ryan was squeezed into the car, and a black cloak put over his head. Darkness.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Enitsua(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
CHAPTER 9

It was a Friday. The night had witnessed a heavy downpour, now the premises was green and moist, the weather temperate, not too hot, not too cold. The nurses commenced thier daily itineray, the securities veering to their various posts, most of the patients awake to continue along their journey of mental recovery, the day had turned a new leaf.

Ryan had awoken before 7am, reflecting on his life thus far. It had not been easy. No doubt he was comfortable, smart, handsome and a soon-to-be-doctor but certain vagaries often mugged him down. His life was something like a rose flower, bright and beautifull but laced with thorns. As if being the only child wasn't bad enough, at the age of 14 he was left motherless. After witnessing various altercations, verbal obscenities and fights between his parents, they finally parted ways. He seldom enjoyed visits from his mother. It was short but often memorable. His father, his only parent was too busy for him; there was hardly a father time moment between the two. Doctor Festus work day and night and night through day, he was married to his profession. Ryan had desired to be a writer too bad that dream had been forcefully effaced. Sometime ago he had been heart broken by Lucy, his high school sweetheart, the only girl he ever loved. Not forgetting the time he was kidnapped by fiery cultist or the day he passed the night in cell, clad in only boxers and condemned to the cruelty of mosquitoes. At the present he was housed in a mental home, dubbed as insane, secluded from family, friends and everyone normal. Life had been unfair, no it was hell. Then again Vivian, Vivian Woruji, that name...

"Number 101, there is someone wanting to see you!!" The male nurse shouted. The hospital was composed of more male nurses than females; the hospital needed more muscles in case of a truant patient.

Otobong stood at the entrance, looking simple yet enchanting in her black knee short skirt and red chekered blouse, her legs fitted into blue open toe reptile slide slippers with her small Louis vuitton purse handy. Otobong's hazel hair was knot into a fine pony tail. For the first time she did not put on a lab coat. Ryan came out of his room to behold the tantalising figure before him, he gayed at the sight of her. "Heyy, how are you doing?" Ryan cooed, sounding as if he was about to cry. "Am doing okay" she said, smiling softly, her head tilted in a sexy posture. "Its 7am in the morning...em...I hope am not in trouble?" Ryan asked, too serious to be joking. "No silly, I just came to check up on you, it has in fact been a while" her words having the sincerity of a toddler. She peered at Ryan a short distance away. Ryan never stared at her just enough, everytime he did; she seemed to present new features which had prior eluded him. So he took his time to gaze upon her.

Otobong was ebony black, oval faced, sharp, tall and slender. Her hazel eyes held an undeciphered mystery, sparkly yet embedded with enigma. Her eyes were shaded by short lashes and flimsy brows. She had an expressive mouth underneath, sharp and smart. The girl was a beauty. She had this childish face that made it seem as if she never grew up but just increased in height, beauty and radiance.

Otobong was the direct opposite of Vivian, yet something linked them together, something unclear and ghostly maybe sinister.

Otobong walked towards Ryan, her steps innocent and unassuming. Then she stopped. "Ryan?...you look cute!" Her voice a little too loud. "Thanxs...i had a little sanitation" Ryan blushed. In a bid to charm otobong whenever she showed up, Ryan had a make over five days before. He had a hair cut, his side bons were pruned, his mustache trimmed, his gotee reduced, and then all cojoined in an aesthetic link. This make up restored him to his former glory, he was cute and irresistable. Crazy nonetheless. "Ryan you are so handsome...crazy handsome". "Right" Ryan responded, somewhat offended. "No no I mean extremely handsome...crazy is a metaphor, for emphasis", Ryan lighted up again. It was funny how few words from her could flicker his mood. They engaged in small talk. The passers by stared at them in amazement, some giggling. Ryan felt like a winner, he concluded they were all suprised at the cordiality between him and the beautifull student doctor, they were suprised and envious.

"Ryan baba, number 101, psychiatrics finest!, wetin dey shele?" Risky hailed him, then indulged himself in laughter "Oboy you dey mad well well" he said between bouts of laughter. Ryan was chagrined, Risky was embarassing him infront of his lady. "What do you mean by that" Ryan bellowed, his temper rising like yeast. "No man am just playing with you" Risky's smile vanished, then his face straightened as if about to propose buisiness "Ryan I have something for you, after you finish with your friend, meet me at the cafetaria", risky walked away.

"That guy is very jovial and funny" Otobong said. "That guy is very annoying and foolish" Ryan snorted, irritated. "So you taking your medication regularly?”, “What medication?" Ryan replied startled. "Oh okay, I forgot" she said. "Forgot what, tell me". "I forgot you don't swallow the pills, its put in your food". "Pills? What pills" Ryan was feeling threatened. "Relax, they are just pills grinded into your food, to eliminate any threatened psychosis, just be yourself, feed well and everything will be okay" she smiled, her chicks punctured with dimples, her words comforting and sure. Oh girl your words could bring world peace. Ryan mused, feeling at ease.

"I have to go now cutey but I'l be back" otobong said. Ryan sulked instantly, sensing the approaching company of sadness and boredom. "Don't give me that moddy face okay, I'l be back" otobong said and continued "I did bring something for you" she ransacked her purse then brought out chocolate, Snickers chocolate "This is for you, just you" She said, wiping her hand through his chiseled face. "Am feeling bad" Ryan said, "Why!?” She asked looking preplexed. "I could have bought you a chocolate too but I purposely refused to becasue...you are already sweet". Otobong said nothing, she just stared. Ryan was about to lower his head in embarassment when she gave a wide smile, then beamed at him, her dimples flourishing. Ryan gazed at her and she did same in equal measure. Otobong obviously had a soft spot for Ryan although she always viewed him as part case-study part friend but at that moment something changed, that palisade was removed, she now saw him as a passionate creature, a young man capable of love and moderate reasoning, he became a potential mate. Unknown to both of them, that day was the start of a series of events which would change their lives and the fate of the world forever.
It was in fact the begining of the end.

After her exodus, Ryan was immediately engaged by his two friends, big Sean and bonny face and the rest of the day rolled by like a ball on a steep hill.

1 Like

Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by MissAddy: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
Well done Enitsua- very unique story line . Keep the updates coming, nice one.
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by FoxyRebirth(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
Can't find where to start, guess I have to go back to the beginning, the comments are encouraging!!! grin
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by noble4d(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
nyc prologue,gud story......take note of ur vocabularies nd spellings
Re: LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) by Talk2david1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
has this thread bin forgotten, someone please bring back Enitsua

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chukwufunanya / Books And Literary Enterprise In Pre-independence Nigeria / Must Read: Boss' Daughter {playboy Er0tica}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.