Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Chukwufunanya - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chukwufunanya (8005 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
She was born on a rainy day,all pink and soo tiny,she let out an ear-piercing cry to announce her arrival
"Oh boy,she's going to be one hell of a singer" The nurse smiled.
"Yes"her tired mother said,before she fell asleep 12 hours of labour wearing her out.
All characters in this story are fictional..any relation to anybody living or dead,is purely a miracle.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nuges11(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Subscribed.......patiently awaiting more updates
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Will update lata
My Ba3 is shot 2 hell nw
Re: Chukwufunanya by sambroose(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Imagine na two(2)lines person use start story...........****they say first impression matters
Re: Chukwufunanya by simplifier(f): 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
ok... following
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
sambroose: Imagine na two(2)lines person use start story...........****they say first impression matters
Uhhm its 8lines...nd I thnk I xplained y
Re: Chukwufunanya by yemi2plus(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
#following
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
I was born in April,unlike my brothers who were born in "ember" months and so.I came into this world on April 13(u can fill in the missing words).My mum said I weighed more than all the other kids born that day,according to the nurse.
I was a special child.U asking why?
I was fair,unlike all my other siblings who were dark
I was my mum's only daughter after two boys and later another boy(she was hoping it would be another girl,God thought different)
A week after I was born,my paternal grand mum died. But before she died she appeared to my dad in a dream and told him that the insults she received as a result of her lack of education will be rectified in her next life,cause she was gonna come back really intelligent. So my dad said she came back as me,and that's why I'm so intelligent.Word
I was left handed,unheard of in the family,though my dad made me switch to using my right hand while I was still a kid(he's still regretting that decision till today)
Needless to say I was treated like a princess,especially by my dad.But I was a very restless child and also very talkative,which was why I fell inside a ring well(I believe we all know what a well is) at the age of 1year and 11months. Just a month to my 2nd birthday (Devil is a liar)
Now how did I almost end my life at that tender age?

1 Like

Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
yemi2plus2: #following
Biggest bros I hail
Re: Chukwufunanya by sambroose(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nawa o .....Na Fictional autobiography evrybody just dey write for dis forum anyway following #########
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
As I said earlier on,I was a very restless child,which is known as a "Know know" In pidgin.So on dis fateful day,my mum was washing clothes at the backyard and initially I was playing with the water she was washing with,when she shouted at me to stop,I crept away toward the front of the compound.It was a storey building.So she came around and saw me playing with another bucket of water and she just "park face" since I was busy,not knowing that her "amebo" daughter had other plans.
I crept away from the water,and crept towards the well,which had being dug two weeks before,thus making it very deep.So I threw a pail I saw there into the well like I saw adults normally doing but unlike the adults,I couldn't find the rope used in drawing it out.So I climbed the low well,wanting to go fetch the pail.The Landlady saw me from upstairs and shouted
"Ada dey fall inside well o!(x2)
But I was already inside the well.The sound alerted the neighbors and before long,our compound was packed full with spectators(typical in Nigerian) with nobody offering any reasonable means to get me out.The ouths around suggested that a rope be tied to a big bucket to be used in "fetching" me out.Meanwhile,I was drinking enough water inside(Honing my swimming skill ya knw?).
Before they could even think of bringing the bucket an ijaw abi Benin man jumped inside the well and picked me up and then they threw the bucket inside and they then,"fetched" me out.
Now that I think about it,I've never asked how him himself take come out sef.I'll remember to ask my mum later, since she was the one who told me the whole story,with pics to match.
Oboy if you see my bele for those pictures ehn,I looked like a 5months pregnant kid.
So after I was brought out,they bought powder and poured it on everybody around,as a sign of celebration and my dad was called and so my near death experience was celebrated with friends and family.
So began my almost yearly dangerous adventures with sometimes not so good endings.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
sambroose: Nawa o .....Na Fictional autobiography evrybody just dey write for dis forum anyway following #########
Sometimes I end up forgetting names of characters nd deir relationships,so I'll stick to what I knw..
Calling it an autobiography will be stretching it tho.....My life is nt so interesting na
Re: Chukwufunanya by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2013
sambroose: Nawa o .....Na Fictional autobiography evrybody just dey write for dis forum anyway following #########
we all start like that, we mature with time.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: we all start like that, we mature with time.
D pro has spoken
Unu hear am?
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
So,after that incident we moved to another area,Gana
(Not the Jackie Appiah's Ghana oo) it was a three bedroom flat.
The little I can recall about staying there was the constant fighting between the landlady's children.I particularly remember one of her daughter,Aunty Harriet.She was all muscled up and with a voice to match and trouble was her middle name.At the slightest provocation,she don break bottle so the area people there dey give her her own way.
For the ajebos,(they tried not to cross her part).
But she was always kind to me,always buying me milkose and cabin biscuit whenever she came around.
My mum told me about a time when I was still a kid,when I add a running nose and I couldn't blow the thing out. So Aunty Harriet came around as my mum was trying to figure out what to do,and she just scooped me up and sucked the mucus out with her mouth and spat it out.
I know;Ewwwwww...even I felt that way when I was told.But from that day,my mum's respect for her increased cause she admitted that even she wouldn't have done that.
While her brother,Henry was her direct opposite; Meek,tall almost effeminate.I could recall him bringing out all his mom's wrappers and washing them as he washed his clothes.Now that I think about it,he always acted a lil bit out of sorts.
So like I was saying,we moved in,all 5 of us.My two brothers and I plus my parents.Then my mischievious. brothers being who they were played all sorts of pranks on me.I particularly remember one christmas. My mum dished out the usual rice and chicken for us,bt I always liked eating mine in the warmer(cooler).So my brother took the chicken head he was given and hid it inside my food,knowing how it scared me.So I was eating when I noticed it.I was about to ask my mum what this kind of big onion was doing in my food when I realized what it was.Needless to say,I screamed and dumped the warmer on the floor and ran out to meet my dad outside and my brother got a spanking,not that it deterred him from carrying out mischief.
As predicted,I was very smart (book smart) according to my mum.I remember the year I beat our proprietress' daughter and took 1st position,oboy come see malice.She refused to talk to me for a week (as if na her birthright).
As I grew,I increased in size,height(sha) smartness,restlessness, "carry-do-ness".
Back then my mum had a provision store and I would carry her tray of bread on my head as if I'm hawking it and be like
"Mama Nelly,ten ten naira bread,I tire" in my little all-knowing voice.
The same know know attitude made me drink the chemical used for making soap at the age of nine.
Re: Chukwufunanya by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Vickii Ro:
D pro has spoken
Unu hear am?
*collect stones* make I hear you say that again o....angry tongue
Re: Chukwufunanya by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Vicky, everything is clustered together, make space for your words to breath.

And let your words do the talking not you, the idea of this is for us to pack our stuff and jump in the plane with chukufunanya whom I am certain its you so please don't add your side thoughts

Love you to bits kiss
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Vicky, everything is clustered together, make space for your words to breath.

And let your words do the talking not you, the idea of this is for us to pack our stuff and jump in the plane with chukufunanya whom I am certain its you so please don't add your side thoughts

Love you to bits kiss
Owk maam..noted
Thanx fr d advice...
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Updates will b comin thrice a week pple
I don giv timetable ooo..
Re: Chukwufunanya by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Vickii Ro: Updates will b comin thrice a week pple
I don giv timetable ooo..
we are waiting
Re: Chukwufunanya by chistar01(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Vickii roo finally writing a story *clears throat* following!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But just three updates weekly? Not cool sad

1 Like

Re: Chukwufunanya by yemi2plus(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
chistar01: Vickii roo finally writing a story *clears throat* following!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But just three updates weekly? Not cool sad
na now you dey know? E don tay when she begin write.
Re: Chukwufunanya by chistar01(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
yemi2plus2:
na now you dey know? E don tay when she begin write.
my brother I didn't know oh, I've been sleeping on a bicycle since oh
Re: Chukwufunanya by princesa(f): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
thank God i boarded the train on time cheesy
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Christar hw market..u guys will bear with me for nw..P.ume thngs, a sista's gotta read ya knw..
Yemi...I still dey wait fr updates oo
Princesa Welucum.stil waiting f r d nxt story....u knw we're related thru Br3nd4 ryt?..tho cnt really pin point d relatnshp.
Nd updates..upcoming
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
My dad lost his job the year my younger brother was born.It was quite a blow,since we were just settling down to life as ajebutters.Well God being who he is,made a way.But that was after a year of relocating to the village while my dad tried to put things back together.
Life in the village wasn't so bad thanks to my mum's relatives who made sure we didn't feel the impact much.Her oldest sister made sure we had provisions 24/7,which was in itself a miracle because myself and my older brother were very selective of what we ate and staple food was not it.
I remember how my brother Clinton got a nickname because of it. If my mum or aunt were to prepare a meal like eba and egusi soup,This kinda conversation would ensue;
Aunt;Owem,be li nli (Come and eat)
Clinton; eli kor nem (I won't eat)....
This happened everytime so he got the nickname "Eli kor nem".
But anytime he saw anyone frying garri,he would quickly get a plate and go and sit beside the person.And after he's given the garri he would run to my mum and say; "Mummy, ma ta gayi" (Mummy,I'm eating garri).
He was not the only one who left with a nickname,I got mine too;Omi...which meant "Well"..Cause of my swimming adventure inside the well at the tender age of 1.
So we stayed in the village for a year and like Romans 8:28 says;"All things work together for good to them who love God"........things really worked out well in the end and I learnt some few life changing lessons,even at that tender age and even improved in my speaking of our local dialect.And after a year we returned back to town... Life continues.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Deiok(m): 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
*Quickly get a seat to sit on before the big hall get filled up*
Re: Chukwufunanya by princesa(f): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Princesa Welucum.stil waiting f r d nxt story....u knw we're related thru Br3nd4 ryt?..tho cnt really pin point d relatnshp.
Nd updates..upcoming
there's no p. Even i dnt know how big the family tree is, but am glad to be in the tree cos it got talented personalitieswink

nice work here!
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 27, 2013
Thanx Princesa *blushing*
Deiok welcome aboard
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 27, 2013
We came back to town and dad got a new job and mum started a trade.This time we moved into a new house,this time with more humane neighbors. The landlady this time had lots of sons and daughters,but only 3 lived in the compound with us.And they were very conscious of cleanliness,or so I thought at the time.But they liked to borrow stuff,a lot. They always came asking for one thing or the other,from Iron to Vaseline(Body cream).And sometimes when we the kids are eating,the landlady's grandson will come around and be like
"Shuooo una dey eat?"
We be like "Yeah"
Then he goes "Make I taste am"
And from that "Make I taste am",he'll sit down and finish the meal with us, and even if we get a second helping,he 'll still eat that one with us.
So we settled down to life in the new house.But one thing I noticed was that the flocks of relatives and friends which were always coming to see my dad stopped coming.Before we went to the village,there was scarce a week when a relative mostly from my dad's family didn't spend the night.There was even one who came to visit saying she needed money to buy a calculator for her son,all the way from the village.She got the money for it and then some.And while all these were happening,my mum kept mum.Also, all those "aunties" who always came around and always bought me toys were suddenly scarce,only one came after we came back from the village and bought me a toy car.It was a red and yellow sports car,and I totally loved it.But that was the last I saw of her,then I used to ask my mum where she had gone and I would get some vague reply.It was later on I got to know she had died of Hiv/Aids.
Now during that period myself and my siblings were enrolled in a government school not too far from our house.
School was gonna be fun,or so I thought.
Re: Chukwufunanya by yemi2plus(m): 7:24am On Aug 27, 2013
Spacing o.......
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2013
yemi2plus2: Spacing o.......
Mesef tire....If I write on my memo pad nd den copy it here,d paragraphs dnt show..Dunno why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Books And Literary Enterprise In Pre-independence Nigeria / Must Read: Boss' Daughter {playboy Er0tica} / THE CRUST: The Apex Of Crudity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.