Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz (779 Views)

Fraudulent / Rogue / Scam Sporting Betting Bookies Nigeria Punters Must Avoid / Fraudulent Activity By Dealdey / Fraudulent Activity Of First Bank In Benin City, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by OIbhagui(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, if you were to read my previous posts, you'll know to what circumspection I hold Nigerians. However I think there are a few good ones here.

I cannot count "Hamziwhiz" amongst them. He has proved to be the typical Nigerian, trying to defraud people of even little pennies and proud he's smart. He asked ppl to pay 3000naira for a basic website since last month. After a half-hearted attempt at creating something with the name I gave him for registration, he has basically stopped anything wrt the website. Of course, trust Nigerian fraudstars with their sophistry; there's never an end to excuses.

He now has possession of the name of my registered business that I opened a website for, purchased with my money. I know a few others responded to his advert. What are those in my position doing to get this boy? What are your experiences?
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by Napolitano(m): 11:12am On May 29, 2013
As much as I despise scammers, I blame clients like you too. Why would you agree to pay for website design for N3000? Geez, I do basic websites for minimum of N30,0000. Website design/development is not beans. People do it as a bachelor's course in universities. If you want a good website, make sure the person is a professional with proof of his/her sites online before hiring.
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by idlaw2k3(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2013
Is that N30,000 or N3,000?

you shouldn't expect to get much from someone who claims that he can design construct a website for N3ooo

I design websites and sometimes some clients can be funny. Some will come saying i need a basic website for N25,000. After putting it together they come back and say i need facebook google twitter and linkedin intergration. I need a response formthat will send sms to my phone, I also need a photogallery with all my pictures changing. I have two short 30mins video which i also want on the website but you will cutout some parts of the video. My logo is not clear i want you to change it. This is BASICALLY what i need.

and i go For N25,000! you must be kidding

If he has registered the site no need fighting with him just be content to collect the cpanel's user name and password. I will help you out from there.
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by lanregidi: 12:20pm On May 29, 2013
@
OIbhagui: Hi Nairalanders, if you were to read my previous posts, you'll know to what circumspection I hold Nigerians. However I think there are a few good ones here.

I cannot count "Hamziwhiz" amongst them. He has proved to be the typical Nigerian, trying to defraud people of even little pennies and proud he's smart. He asked ppl to pay 3000naira for a basic website since last month. After a half-hearted attempt at creating something with the name I gave him for registration, he has basically stopped anything wrt the website. Of course, trust Nigerian fraudstars with their sophistry; there's never an end to excuses.

He now has possession of the name of my registered business that I opened a website for, purchased with my money. I know a few others responded to his advert. What are those in my position doing to get this boy? What are your experiences?

As far as i am concern,,,, you are the dullest human on earth,,,,you wanted something at a cheap price,,,do u think designing website is a joke......that serves you right,,,,

I wonder why the moderators allow such trend to pop up,,,,,

Rubbishhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by OIbhagui(m): 1:22pm On May 29, 2013
idlaw2k3: Is that N30,000 or N3,000?

you shouldn't expect to get much from someone who claims that he can design construct a website for N3ooo

If he has registered the site no need fighting with him just be content to collect the cpanel's user name and password. I will help you out from there.

Thx man. You see there's always a million things ppl aren't aware about. While your Nigerian bigmen are stealing public money that their grandchildren can not squander to finish, Bill Gates is spending his own earned money pro bono to help cure diseases and backwardness in far away Africa. So you can not predict the intent of a person who makes a good offer.

When people talk about stuff in their field, they tend to forget that not everyone is so conversant with what goes on in their own world. I am not a website guy. Somebody makes a clear offer in English that I understand and one way or the other I am the one to blame for taking it up when they decide to be dubious? Sorry but that is Nigerian wisdom and the country is worse off for it.

I have asked him to give me ownership of the site which is my business name so I don't have to worry him but he doesn't respond. He has held my business name hostage on the internet. It seems I was wasting too much money on phone calls hence this approach.

He comes here; let him come and defend his honour if he has one. The name I gave is his handle here
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by FatBusyBee(f): 3:47pm On May 29, 2013
Hello Guys,

over the years i have become one of those who frequently come to this forum the fun of catching up with jokes and see what others have to say about their lives and events...i never really make post anymore...but when it comes to what i do with passion i cannot but help write something...

@Olbhagun - i really do not blame you for falling prey to such guys...im sure they have a way of cajoling their clients to parting with their money...smooth talker they are! nevertheless its a lesson you have learn't the hard way...sorry about that.

@idlaw2k3,lanregidi, napolitano, - you guys have spoken well...and i really respect you guys...BUT...i think somebody can make a website for #3,000 if he/she has a good marketing strategy. please i will explain what i mean...[i am also a web designer - but im not the #3k type anymore ; grin

once upon a time, i came up with a strategy to fetch me some money [client weren't coming as i expected] so i decided to offer to create website for clients at #3k! it was more like a promo and i really had everything planned. what i did was to get some money from my friends [loan] of #55k [to cover for unlimited web hosting + unlimited license to a wp theme provider] and that was all i needed.

my target was to get up to 150 people for my service.[i actually came very close to that]

note - i told my prospective clients that they would not have access to cpanel but only ftp account [most of them never bothered/they dont even understand what it all meant] so with their #3k i only have to buy a domain name and the remaining change was mine for keep.

they also have to provide the content and the pix [if they want me to get those - additional fee]

although it was a hard job - just like any other job...but it was something i really enjoy doing...i really did not get up to 150 clients but i got enough to pay back my loan within 4 days...and the rest was enough to get me some software i have craved for so long...the good thing about it is that many of them [clients] are still with me presently...right now i also offer them other services that is helping their business to achieve good exposure online

please note that in the couse of writing this post i might have missed some point...if you feel you want to ask any question please go right ahead and ask...just post your questions here...
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by OIbhagui(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2013
Thx man; that was a thoughtful contribution. This guy is also just a student and not a professional doing it to live on. It was my intention to engage him further after the website is actually done for real. I can not count the number of things I have done for people because it gives me the opportunity to practice my new skill and makes me happy someone has actually benefitted from my work.

He did put up a 1-page site with my domain name but the content isn't mine. There are other ppl here he collected money from and I'm amazed none of them is coming out to say anything.

I'm discussing with a friend and it might be possible to trace him and his address through the bank account I paid him into. I will have to spend more money but if I can get him for the fraud of 3000naira, it will prevent him from growing up to steal billions from Nigeria. I guess that's when Nigerians get to complain about their leaders; they don't know the leaders started somewhere and are encouraged by society.
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by Dwightventures(m): 9:34am On Jun 01, 2013
I'm still awaiting response from the others who went into a transaction with the guy to come and share their thoughts
Re: Fraudulent Website Designer:hamziwhiz by quin9(f): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2013
Guy calm down,I also paid the guy 3k,which was just for domain name and whatever else it was,when I didn't hear from the guy,I couldn't be bothered,it was a risk I decided to take,even craftsmen we see 1 on 1 don't deliver let alone som1 you don't know,he mailed me days back reasons we didn't hear 4rm him,I spoke with him yesterday on WatsApp.As for me I thought of all possible outcome b4 I sent the money.Before i forget,When I checked days back,I saw all contents I sent him,though am not contented,but what more can I expect from 3k?

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Promo!! Buy Airtime And Get Free Litres Of Fuel / Get This Well Simplified Online Importation Guide E Book / Where To Get High Quality Ebooks, Videos, Graphics Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.