Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker (1120 Views)

Ex-governor Aliyu Booed And Stoned By Angry Crowd At Inauguration / Governor Aliyu Loses Polling Unit In Niger State / IMPEACHMENT NOTICE : Al-makura Begs Jonathan To Intervene. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by abuc: 9:56am On May 29, 2013
Says: I’m only a noise-maker

Governor of Niger state, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, yesterday pleaded with President Goodluck Jonathan to regard his criticisms of the presidency as a mere noise-making aimed at attracting development to his state.

Aliyu, who is the chairman of the Northern States Governors’ Forum (NSGF), spoke yesterday in Zungeru, Wushishi local government area of the state, during the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a 700-megawatt hydropower plant, performed by the president.

Jonathan made no direct response to the governor’s plea in his own address, but instead promised to assent to the Hydro Power Producing Areas Commission (HYPPADEC) bill, which formed part of the governor’s requests, without further delay.

Apparently sounding apologetic as an aftermath of the suspension of Governor Rotimi Ameachi of Rivers state by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Aliyu said his criticisms of Jonathan were not personal and should not be regarded as an affront to the Presidency.

He said: “Regardless of the noise we are making, PDP shall make it. We are one family and we are firmly with the President”.

He thanked Jonathan for the gift of the hydropower plant, saying it has brought to four the number of hydropower stations in Niger state.

“Hydro dams would boost the economic activities of the host communities and elevate the living standards of the local people,” he said.

Laying the foundation stone of the project, Jonathan restated the commitment of his administration to the success of the power sector reforms, stressing that the initial challenges facing the sector have been overcome.

He said the Zungeru hydropower project will open up vast agricultural activities in the area, including allied industries, in addition to improving the economic potentials of the state and the country.

In his remarks, the Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, said the nation’s power-generating capacity has risen to 4,517 megawatts, adding that the Zungeru power plant project has been on the drawing board since 1982 and praised Jonathan for bringing it to reality.

Source: http://blueprintng.com/2013/05/governor-aliyu-begs-jonathan-2
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by Bigcake: 10:08am On May 29, 2013
So u dey fear? Una feel say Gej na mumu abi? Ur own time never reach.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by Tigerhead: 10:16am On May 29, 2013
Very soon it will be Aliyu's turn.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by GEJTILL2019(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2013
mod pls front page!.....
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by Mcdondayan: 11:15am On May 29, 2013
Frogie governor, it will soon get to u. Aboki!!!
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by idupaul: 12:14pm On May 29, 2013
Ameachi as the kitchen hots up all the flies around U wil back out one by one till U are left on your own..Sasd there are no permanent loyalist in politcs
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 29, 2013
Hehehehe...shame that this man is wiser than Amaechi. By the time the dust settles, Amaechi will be going to court to reclaim his "mandate" and to answer EFCC ,while those that cheered him on would be by the corner and blaming him for daring too far.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by gunuvi(m): 2:46pm On May 29, 2013
@op, he is not begging GEJ, he is rather trying to fool gej the more. Haven't u heard of the mafia's law-be close to ur friend but be closer to ur enemy..all na wash.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by SlyIg(f): 4:30pm On May 29, 2013
Nigerian politics should be studied differently from the normal democracy government.

This politicians seem to amuse me more and more.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by SlyIg(f): 4:31pm On May 29, 2013
gunuvi: @op, he is not begging GEJ, he is rather trying to fool gej the more. Haven't u heard of the mafia's law-be close to ur friend but be closer to ur enemy..all na wash.
i love your own point of view.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by ogb5(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2013
gunuvi: @op, he is not begging GEJ, he is rather trying to fool gej the more. Haven't u heard of the mafia's law-be close to ur friend but be closer to ur enemy..all na wash.

If you believe this then you will agree that Amaechi is not wise.

Why did Ameachi not keep his enemy closer?

Aliyu is saving his neck
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by gramci: 4:50pm On May 29, 2013
cheesy
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 29, 2013
story-story from the stables of 'the ugliest governor' (within and without).
just prepare for EFCC visit come 30 May 2015.
Re: Governor Aliyu Begs Jonathan, Says: I’m Only A Noise-maker by free2ryhme: 5:00pm On May 29, 2013
abuc: Says: I’m only a noise-maker

Governor of Niger state, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, yesterday pleaded with President Goodluck Jonathan to regard his criticisms of the presidency as a mere noise-making aimed at attracting development to his state.

Aliyu, who is the chairman of the Northern States Governors’ Forum (NSGF), spoke yesterday in Zungeru, Wushishi local government area of the state, during the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of a 700-megawatt hydropower plant, performed by the president.

Jonathan made no direct response to the governor’s plea in his own address, but instead promised to assent to the Hydro Power Producing Areas Commission (HYPPADEC) bill, which formed part of the governor’s requests, without further delay.

Apparently sounding apologetic as an aftermath of the suspension of Governor Rotimi Ameachi of Rivers state by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Aliyu said his criticisms of Jonathan were not personal and should not be regarded as an affront to the Presidency.

He said: “Regardless of the noise we are making, PDP shall make it. We are one family and we are firmly with the President”.

He thanked Jonathan for the gift of the hydropower plant, saying it has brought to four the number of hydropower stations in Niger state.

“Hydro dams would boost the economic activities of the host communities and elevate the living standards of the local people,” he said.

Laying the foundation stone of the project, Jonathan restated the commitment of his administration to the success of the power sector reforms, stressing that the initial challenges facing the sector have been overcome.

He said the Zungeru hydropower project will open up vast agricultural activities in the area, including allied industries, in addition to improving the economic potentials of the state and the country.

In his remarks, the Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, said the nation’s power-generating capacity has risen to 4,517 megawatts, adding that the Zungeru power plant project has been on the drawing board since 1982 and praised Jonathan for bringing it to reality.

Source: http://blueprintng.com/2013/05/governor-aliyu-begs-jonathan-2

I need to ask how can the situation of an addition hydropower plant in a state improve their economic potentials what where they doing when the other there has been there.. Na wa for this people from the north sha

(1) (Reply)

an / The Solution To Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria / First International Flight Lands Enugu Airport On August 24!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.