Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Two Women Married To One Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two Women Married To One Man (8788 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / S-african Women Married To Nigerians Threaten Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Women Married To One Man by elizabetta(f): 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
Is it possible for two women to get married to one man and still live in love and peace?because i have heard of women like that behaving like sister but i think they are pretending or what do you all think about this?
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by Chookym(m): 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2008
Well in the old days it was possible because polygamy was accepted then. But in our days with civilization its rare to see such level of acceptance between the two women.

But come to think of it ,one wife is enough wahala , why bringing in the second? Na wao
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by opokonwa(m): 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2008
@poster
Why the question?
Where did you drop from??
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by cuteass1(f): 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2008
elizabetta:

Is it possible for two women to get married to one man and still live in love and peace?because i have heard of women like that behaving like sister but i think they are pretending or what do you all think about this?

Some pretend, but not all. For the pretending ones, the pretence can only last for a while. For the non-pretenders, i guess the harmony would live forever.

Do i want to share my man with some other woman? Wife or concubine . . hell to da no angry For what nah! Is it the blade that aint sharp enough, or is the barber incapable of barbing.

1 Like

Re: Two Women Married To One Man by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2008
But come to think of it ,one wife is enough wahala , why bringing in the second? Na wao

pray say all those frustrated girls out there no go jazz
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by chisimdi(f): 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2008
jennykadry:

pray say all those frustrated girls out there no go jazz
@ poster; u kw nigar men dey believe say variety is d spice 2 life.Na d man mama i dey pity cos soonest she 'll start preparing 4 in pikin burial.As 4 d 2 bi*****es there life don ''GABARU'' grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by algood(f): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2008
both women are doing eye service.
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by bigfather(m): 12:55am On May 01, 2008
algood:

both women are doing eye service.

That is not true,not al women are like that. Untill her death,my step mum and my mother were togther for 30yrs without any form of issues. It got to a stage that i didn't even know who my mother was. It was fun while she was alive. I miss her like hell. May her soul rest in PEACE !
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by algood(f): 5:18am On May 01, 2008
big father:

That is not true,not al women are like that. Untill her death,my step mum and my mother were togther for 30yrs without any form of issues. It got to a stage that i didn't even know who my mother was. It was fun while she was alive. I miss her like hell. May her soul rest in PEACE !

I guess it work for your family.
but 95% of two wives to one man is the other way round.
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by chisimdi(f): 1:28pm On May 02, 2008
biko achorom iju,di oke mkpi ebu GOLD na ukwu nke bu na umu otele abuo ahu na adogbu onwe ha.
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by Blatant: 2:30pm On May 02, 2008
chisimdi:

@ poster; u kw nigar men dey believe say variety is d spice 2 life.Na d man mama i dey pity because soonest she 'll start preparing 4 in pikin burial.As 4 d 2 bi*****es there life don ''GABARU'' grin grin grin grin

not just naija men but most men all over the world
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by HEMIMI: 9:26am On May 20, 2010
Well, you have the right to do whatever fit you, as long as you are stepping on somebody.
We bring nothing to this world we are taking nothing out. Period.
Its take two to tangle, both men and women are causes of polygamy.
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by HEMIMI: 9:28am On May 20, 2010
not- sorry for that missword
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by Outstrip(f): 1:50am On May 21, 2010
Every single one of them faked it. The ones that seemed like they did not fake it knew that they had no other options. When you know that if you start trouble you and possibly your children will get kicked out why will you make trouble. They saw it as leaving their house for another woman. At the end of the day the other woman's children will get educated and her own will not. So she stayed and accepted her lot
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by coolier(f): 9:18am On May 21, 2010
opokonwa:

@poster
Why the question?
Where did you drop from??

Jupiter? grin
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by firebrand: 11:01am On May 21, 2010
I always imagine how many men can accept to share a woman with another man to the extent that three of them will live under the same roof as a woman with 2 husbands. There can never be any genuine love btw a man and his 2 or more wives and the wives CAN NEVER love themselves sincerely.

This is the main reason why most polygamous families dont xperience love and peace. The few exceptions are where the women decided to tolerate and accomodate one another, because in love, POSSESSION is the key word. The husband wants to claim the ownership of the wife and vice versa. This is proper but excessive of it is dangerous.

Lets discourage our men from polygamy, at least for the sake of peace for themselves and their family after their demise.
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by tEsLim(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2010
It stills happens and it will continue to happen. Or the man/ woman cheats. And it starts from cheating / she gets pregnant and says she wont abort it and blah blah story begins. I want a house of my own to take care of your CHILD blah blah. Where are you , you still with that woman!!! I taught you said you dont like her anymore blah blah (though the man said those back then to have his way). So I think its all the same. Some people keep long term extra marital affairs. You will see someone swearing with his life etc , but have been keeping relationship with another woman out there for 10years but not bold enough to make he rmore comfortable. Even sometimes this women get pregant for them

In the western world its serial monogamy which i think is very similar to polygamy. you marry one woman for say 5 years divorce and move to the next. But naija men are more responsible and would like to cater for both. I think thats why it looks like they got two wives. If you can afford to have two separate homes you could try it but it will be stupid to have them under same roof
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by Outstrip(f): 3:37pm On May 22, 2010
Only in Nigeria will being a LovePeddler with no self respect be called "responsibility". LMAO
Re: Two Women Married To One Man by tEsLim(m): 11:01am On May 23, 2010
^^Yeah right I'll say 'responsibility' again!

(1) (Reply)

Tired: Need Advise / Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? / Met Used Condom On My 8 Months Wife Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.