Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

................ - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ................ (31502 Views)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Was Successful In The Owerri Diamond Bank Aptitude Test. / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

................ by gistyinka(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2013

4 Likes

Re: ................ by angelTI(f): 3:13pm On May 29, 2013
these are bad times for banks n their workers .....
2000? ehew
Re: ................ by obinna002: 4:38pm On May 29, 2013
Watttttttttttttt
Re: ................ by Super1759: 5:04pm On May 29, 2013
wonderfulation fantasticability.

I keep telling people,I rather learn how to repair phone and have a HANDIWORK than working in bank.

"Oya make una come join the queue,
by next month BATCH B nysc go join the queue."
nothing deh happen, life goes on

11 Likes

Re: ................ by ebamma3: 5:42pm On May 29, 2013
Re: ................ by WizPrince1(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2013
Ohhh... How are the mighty fallen, Tell it not in Delta, Publish it not in the streets of Warri and let the citizens of Nigeria rejoice.

2 Likes

Re: ................ by NonFarmPayrol: 5:46pm On May 29, 2013
self epmloyment still remains the best option, get a skill today

2 Likes

Re: ................ by bebe2(f): 5:46pm On May 29, 2013
, grin
Re: ................ by ebamma3: 5:46pm On May 29, 2013
Super1759: wonderfulation fantasticability.

I keep telling people,I rather learn how to repair phone and have a HANDIWORK than working in bank.

and after making money from the phone repairs u will take it to the bank for saving right?

11 Likes

Re: ................ by free2ryhme: 5:48pm On May 29, 2013
it is well oh .. another 2417 added to the job market ..
Re: ................ by MrNairaland: 5:49pm On May 29, 2013
ahhhhhhhhh!!..GEJ,why has thou forsaken us? angry angry
Re: ................ by Nellyd(f): 5:52pm On May 29, 2013
...and i just got a banking job...may God help me.

5 Likes

Re: ................ by NotNairalandi(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
Ara ga agba ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: ................ by WIZGUY69(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
shocked jeeeesus!! 2147 staff...naija which way nah?

2 Likes

Re: ................ by WizPrince1(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
MrNairaland: ahhhhhhhhh!!..GEJ,why has thou forsaken us? angry angry
Bank Sack People, You Dey Blaim GEJ... Wetin happen sef? Na GEJ Cause am? Make him rest small na

8 Likes

Re: ................ by Keziehenry(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2013
was GEJ d one dat sacked dem

1 Like

Re: ................ by chuglothen(f): 5:54pm On May 29, 2013
@OP, i wonder where you got that news cos Diamond bank didn't sack anybody. Pls get your facts right!

6 Likes

Re: ................ by Omexonomy: 5:55pm On May 29, 2013
Too bad everybody and nation want to see profitable bank like gtb which is not always possible.
Re: ................ by 50calibre(m): 5:55pm On May 29, 2013
2147 rendered jobless overnight!! How many jobs were created in the last three months? Were the guys who got layed off paid some sort of severance fee?

Nigeria is just a big joke, a fu*king travesty.

1 Like

Re: ................ by xakjustice(m): 5:56pm On May 29, 2013
Gaskiya!! i fear working in bank small tin na red card, i pity bankers sometym victims sowi!!!! Ok

1 Like

Re: ................ by martin92(m): 5:57pm On May 29, 2013
My brothers and sisters, it is better u are an oga than 4 u to call somebody oga. No wonder dat despite the fact dat i am studying electrical engineering , we learnt a course on entrepreneurship

1 Like

Re: ................ by fitzmayowa: 5:58pm On May 29, 2013
Not again

2 Likes

Re: ................ by Omexonomy: 5:59pm On May 29, 2013
Let them go and invest in farming with whatever they are paid.

1 Like

Re: ................ by Itoroetti(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2013

Super1759: [b]wonderfulation fantasticability.

[/b]

What u say sounds funny,but its touching.hand work matters a lot.ideas rule the world.

2 Likes

Re: ................ by 9icest: 6:00pm On May 29, 2013
Lol. Educated Nigerians are getting the axe while amnesty is been dangled to criminals and terrorists. I hear Asari makes about 150,000,000 monthly that's $1million usd. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking arms against this corrupt feeble and crazed government ruling Nigeria. Its a matter of time before we have a militancy universit coz it seems to be the only real profession where downsizing comes with reward.

10 Likes

Re: ................ by SenatorTobijah(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2013
Bank work na nonsense. Highest level of job insecurity. Make them go open Akawo business. Just joking

2 Likes

Re: ................ by sholay2011(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2013
gistyinka: It is sad news again for the bankers workers again in Nigeria, Thousand of banker are now out of jobs

According to news going viral now, two top trouble banks, Ecobank and Diamond bank plc have laid off thousands of their workers.

In early May, over 147 staff were sacked from Ecobank after they’re tagged as non-performing workers.

The laid off employees of the Ecobank find the non-performing label offensive and have vowed to sue the bank.

In another development, Diamond bank have fired 2000 staff over low patronage.

The sacked employees of Diamond bank were not given any notice…They were surprised to hear that the bank no longer needs their service.

The employees stormed the premises of Diamond bank in Abuja on May 15th to protest their lay off.

There is nothing like having a business of your own in any country you find yourself.

Hope those workers can find something to sustain themselves in the main time.

http://www.gistyinka.com/ecobank-sacked-147-workers-diamond-bank-fired-2000-staff/
I knew this thread would still result to this short-sighted statement from a small mind. And who are those that would be the employees if everyone is an employer? And mind you, not everyone is cut out for entrepreneurship. And when you make profit from your business, do you keep it in your house? And when you get to the bank, does the GM attend to you? I am not an employee (yet grin) but your statement reeks of ignorance sir.

11 Likes

Re: ................ by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 29, 2013
And some slowpoke was arguing with me the other day, how a Nigerian banker is better than a US cab driver.

9 Likes

Re: ................ by Itoroetti(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2013
ebamma 3: and after making money from the phone repairs u will take it to the bank for saving right?

Ebamma,try and get what dis dude is trying to say.handwork is what we all need.handwork is what we should all inculcate in our kids or future kids as the case maybe.let's take a cue from china,japan,etc.

2 Likes

Re: ................ by bootlegaz: 6:04pm On May 29, 2013
Those employees sacked, will they be qualified for government benefit pending employment? I would like to hear from those that love to lash out at successful Nigerians living in diaspora out of envy? Billionaire and his fellow travelers, I am waiting?

3 Likes

Re: ................ by olymurphy(f): 6:06pm On May 29, 2013
Last
two years Ecobank (Onitsha branch) retrenched about 300 bankers and
since then my married neighbour who used to work in that bank has been
doing okada business. a graduate for that matter.

3 Likes

Re: ................ by bootlegaz: 6:06pm On May 29, 2013
femmyb: And some slowpoke was arguing with me the other day, how a Nigerian banker is better than a US cab driver.
I am waiting for those jobless hooligans to come out and defend this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samsung Heavy Industry Calling / My First Major Job Interview In Germany (true Life Story) / Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.