Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,415 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women (3372 Views)

Court Sentence Seven Men To Death After Afghan Gang-molest / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa / Stephen Hawking Urges Humans To Leave Earth To Avoid Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:30am On May 30, 2013
A leading Saudi Arabian “self-help” writer and cleric has reportedly urged his 97,000+ Twitter followers to sexually molest working women in the nation’s grocery stores.

Using an Arabic hashtag translated by various news outlets as "#harass_female_cashiers", Abdullah Mohammed Daoud apparently made the comments in an attempt to "encourage" Saudi Arabian women to stay at home and protect their chastity - as the country's female labour force increases.

Daoud’s tweet, which was picked up by Gulf News, was reportedly “justified” by a homily about a 7th century Islamic warrior who did not want his wife to leave home to visit the mosque.

The paper writes: “Daoud claimed that Al Zubair hid in the dark one night and molested his wife on the street. The wife rushed home and decided against ever going out of her house again, saying ‘there is no safer place than home and the world out there is corrupt’.”

The IBI Times quotes conservative cleric Khalid Ebrahim Al Saqabi as endorsing the call and claiming the government's proposed law against sexual harassment was "only meant to encourage consensual debauchery".

Daoud has also retweeted several messages from other twitter users critical of women mixing with men in the workforce, since his original tweet on Sunday.

One of Daoud's arguments is that allowing women to work is tantamount to human trafficking and that females are being exploited to attract business, the BBC says.

According to Riyadh Bureau, Daoud is the same conservative writer who sparked controversy by suggesting female babies should wear burkas to prevent them from being sexually molested.

Women are not permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia, which has a poor women's rights record, and where religious police only recently lifted a ban on females riding motorbikes and bicycles – as long as they wear the full-length veil and are accompanied by a male relative.

The Gulf Kingdom is governed by Sharia law, and it is illegal for Saudi women to travel abroad without male accompaniment. They may only do so if their guardian agrees by signing a document know as a 'yellow sheet' at an airport or border crossing.

In November 2012 it emerged women were being electronically monitored with authorities using SMS to track them and inform their husbands of their whereabouts.

It was only in 2011 that women were given the right to vote and run for office in municipal elections in 2015.

Saudi writer Abdullah Mohammad Al Dawood. (Image from twitter)

source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/29/harass_female_cashiers-saudi-writer-urges-97000-twitter-sexually-molest-working-women_n_3352639.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 10:13am On May 30, 2013
Backward and savage, and yet deols wants to make me a slave of these people

1 Like

Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On May 30, 2013
This man's heart is filled with darkness. He's desperately wicked.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2013
They are trying their best to put their women as down as possible. islam has been a curse to the Arab women.

I read somewhere that, "It is not uncommon to see Saudi men driving pickups, to put their favourite baby camels next to the drivers seat, while the women are made to sit @ the back, in the open pickup-truck carrier".
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 11:39am On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
They are trying their best to put their women as down as possible. islam has been a curse to the Arab women.

I read somewhere that, "It is not uncommon to see Saudi men driving pickups, to put their favourite baby camels next to the drivers seat, while the women are made to sit @ the back, in the open pickup-truck carrier".
shocked shocked

Deols you hear? shocked
Jeez, they have to b the most barbaric people on this earth
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 9:35pm On May 30, 2013
Does Islam support this? NO.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2013
deols: Does Islam support this? NO.

yes it does. this is coming from the land of islam, by the strictest interpreters of islam, i.e., pure islam = wahabbi/slafi
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 30, 2013
deols: Does Islam support this? NO.

So that's all?
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:38pm On May 30, 2013
he even gave an example from the hadeeth. what more do you want?
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2013
and I quote you:

deols:

The hadith has been quoted. What is said is very clear.

The Muslims would pass over the thin thread, their speed in accordance with their level of righteousness.

Any Muslim reading this would just have to work harder on their deen so as not to be one of those who would enter hell before making it into paradise.

May Allah save us from hell.

Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 30, 2013
The like of deols are on mission, they only want to quote the Quran when it fits their agenda.their goals are to make Islam looks like a peaceful religion to gain more adept etc
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:56pm On May 30, 2013
^^^^exactly. they only quote it when required to suit their needs. hypocrites. angry

1 Like

Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^exactly. they only quote it when required to suit their needs. hypocrites. angry
you have said it all.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 11:12pm On May 30, 2013
So much has been said about Muslims and Islam that are later found to be untrue. An example is the case of the man deported because he was 'goodlooking'. This may be just another of such.

So,I am not interested in what a Saudi man did. I am talking of what Islam says.

You need to understand the hadith. It stems from the prophet(S.A.W) asking the men not to disallow their women from going to the mosque.

It shows that women have freedom and can decide to stay indoors or go to the mosque(which was the centre for politics and other aspects of life)

This man wanted differently for his wife and showed her what could happen by scaring her on her way to the mosque. He wanted her to prefer staying back home, which is even more rewarding for her.

Praying in the home is better for a woman.

There is no justification for molestation. Courts are there for reasons and laws made for specific purposes. If these women are into actions that are against the law, the right channels should be followed.

btw, you can not assume every one is sane and all they say taken at true value. Whatever makes him a cleric defies logic.

He is a writer and not a cleric.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2013
deols: So much has been said about Muslims and Islam that are later found to be untrue. An example is the case of the man deported because he was 'goodlooking'. This may be just another of such.

So,I am not interested in what a Saudi man did. I am talking of what Islam says.

You need to understand the hadith. It stems from the prophet(S.A.W) asking the men not to disallow their women from going to the mosque.

It shows that women have freedom and can decide to stay indoors or go to the mosque(which was the centre for politics and other aspects of life)

This man wanted differently for his wife and showed her what could happen by scaring her on her way to the mosque. He wanted her to prefer staying back home, which is even more rewarding for her.

Praying in the home is better for a woman.

you just proved what a se.xist religion islam is.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 11:28pm On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you just proved what a se.xist religion islam is.

First, reread my post because I updated it.

Call it sexist or whatever.

Islam is not meant to fit into your world view. It is distinct in case you never knew.

Muslims pray early in the morning. That is around 5:20 a.m in Nigeria. Men are to leave their houses at this hour and pray in congregation at their local mosques. For a woman, staying at home doesn't only keep her safe but also puts her in a comfort zone while getting her full reward for the act.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2013
deols:

First, reread my post because I updated it.

Call it sexist or whatever.

Islam is not meant to fit into your world view. It is distinct in case you never knew.

Muslims pray early in the morning. That is around 5:20 a.m in Nigeria. Men are to leave their houses at this hour and pray in congregation at their local mosques. For a woman, staying at home doesn't only keep her safe but also puts her in a comfort zone while getting her full reward for the act.

why cant she go to a women mosque?
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 11:55pm On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

why cant she go to a women mosque?

Wouldn't that sound more sexist or segregatory?

women can go to mosques. They can worship there but worshipping at home is more rewarding. Add the other points above.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:59pm On May 30, 2013
deols:

Wouldn't that sound more sexist or segregatory?

women can go to mosques. They can worship there but worshipping at home is more rewarding. Add the other points above.

how can worshipping @ home be more rewarding? why dont men worship @ home swell then? its more rewarding for them too.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 1:08am On May 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

how can worshipping @ home be more rewarding? why dont men worship @ home swell then? its more rewarding for them too.

hahaha. how can you possibly know that? You want to start giving fatwa as well?

There is a lot of wisdom behind every aspect of Islam. I have explained how much good praying at home is for a woman.

As for the man, he gets more reward praying in congregation with other men. This also helps to foster communal relationships, friendships and keeps the stronghold of the Muslim brotherhood.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04am On May 31, 2013
deols:

hahaha. how can you possibly know that? You want to start giving fatwa as well?

There is a lot of wisdom behind every aspect of Islam. I have explained how much good praying at home is for a woman.

As for the man, he gets more reward praying in congregation with other men. This also helps to foster communal relationships, friendships and keeps the stronghold of the Muslim brotherhood.

what wisdom? this is 7th century camel mentality. angry

whats this reward? come to think of it, this muslim brotherhood reminds me so that they can form all sorts of terror organizations.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 3:19pm On May 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

what wisdom? this is 7th century camel mentality. angry

whats this reward? come to think of it, this muslim brotherhood reminds me so that they can form all sorts of terror organizations.

Smartness would demand that you prove each of my reasons wrong. Summing them up as 7th century bla bla bla makes you sound clueless
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2013
deols:

Smartness would demand that you prove each of my reasons wrong. Summing them up as 7th century bla bla bla makes you sound clueless

ok ill prove you wrong.

If he wants to foster communal relationships, friendship, etc., he can go to the city square, the market, etc. why just a mosque.

and if so, why doesnt the woman get the opportunity to do so, if she wants to? she might also want to foster a siter-hood, forge friendships, etc.

arent you a woman? are you so ambitionless in life? are you content with cooking and cleaning? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 6:04pm On May 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok ill prove you wrong.

If he wants to foster communal relationships, friendship, etc., he can go to the city square, the market, etc. why just a mosque.
and why not a mosque?
. The mosque is the only central place for all Muslims, irrespective of colour.It is simply built without any form of ambiguity nor class in display. It is the best place for such.

and if so, why doesnt the woman get the opportunity to do so, if she wants to? she might also want to foster a siter-hood, forge friendships, etc.

A woman can go to the mosque. She is not banned from there and no one should compel her to or not to. Here lies the point.

arent you a woman? are you so ambitionless in life? are you content with cooking and cleaning? shocked shocked shocked shocked

You seem to have forgotten the matter of discourse. Do I even sound like someone bound to house chores?

stick to topic and if you become interested in how I live, I am quite open about it but I guess this thread is not for that.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2013
deols:
and why not a mosque?
. The mosque is the only central place for all Muslims, irrespective of colour.It is simply built without any form of ambiguity nor class in display. It is the best place for such.

ok then if so, then this must also apply to the woman!

A woman can go to the mosque. She is not banned from there and no one should compel her to or not to. Here lies the point.

stop contradicting yourself. you just told that she should stay home as its best for her. WHy isnt it best for her to socialize just like the men? angry

You seem to have forgotten the matter of discourse. Do I even sound like someone bound to house chores?

stick to topic and if you become interested in how I live, I am quite open about it but I guess this thread is not for that.

no i have not forgotten anything. stop finding excuses! my point is , why is thiings different for men and woman? such was not the case in Jahalliya.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by gramci: 8:28pm On May 31, 2013
This religion hates women
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:31pm On May 31, 2013
na sooooo
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 31, 2013
Deols has been brainwashed to accept her miserable condition..they suffer but are asked to shut up and smile

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by deols(f): 9:43pm On May 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok then if so, then this must also apply to the woman!

stop contradicting yourself. you just told that she should stay home as its best for her. WHy isnt it best for her to socialize just like the men? angry

no i have not forgotten anything. stop finding excuses! my point is , why is thiings different for men and woman? such was not the case in Jahalliya.

I didnt say women can't go to the mosque but that staying at home is best..read through again. You are forgetting so soon.

If you want to ask why it has to be different, You may start from why the biological make up has to be different.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2013
deols:

I didnt say women can't go to the mosque but that staying at home is best..read through again. You are forgetting so soon.

If you want to ask why it has to be different, You may start from why the biological make up has to be different.

who are you to decide whats best for all women? some like to go out (extroverts), while some (who lack personality usually), like to stay indoors (introvert).

just because they are biologically different, doesn't mean they eat different food or breathe different air.
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 31, 2013
deols:

so you are trying to justify this chauvinism by our biological differences?

Can you tell us how the fact that you have more oestrogen ,you have breasts etc affect our prayers in a mosque?
Come to think of it are men more good muslim than women on a biological basis, I mean from what you said does it mean a man is closer to Allah than a woman? No?
Re: Saudi Writer Urges Twitter Followers To Sexually Molest Working Women by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22pm On May 31, 2013
^^^^GBAM!

you know what I hate most, brother Cameroon

It is the fact that in this forum, as a Hausa, I have to defend Yoruba,Igbo religion from Yorubas/Igbos, and now as a man, I have to defend a womans rights from a woman. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Barack Obama Leads Over Republican Challenger ''mitt Romney'' / 42 Police Ambushed, Beheaded By Congolese Militia / Morpheus is a JOKE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.