Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' (9030 Views)

Judge Withdraws From Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / Judge Withdraws From Saraki’s Case Over Negative Reports / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Ptimes: 12:41pm On May 30, 2013
Justice Ibrahim Saulawa of the Court of Appeal, Lagos, has withdrawn from the three man judges’ panel hearing the appeal filed by Major Hamza Al-Mustapha challenging his death sentence for the murder of Kudirat Abiola.

Mr. Saulawa referred to his experience in a previous “similar case” as the reason for his withdrawal.

Mr. Al-Mustapha was sentenced to death by a Lagos court for his involvement in the murder of Mrs. Abiola, wife of the winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential elections, Moshood Abiola. Mr. Al-Mustapha, a former chief security officer to late dictator, Sani Abacha, challenged the death sentence at the appellate court.

Details later…

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136919-breaking-appeal-court-judge-withdraws-from-al-mustaphas-case-citing-personal-reasons.html
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 30, 2013
I wont blame. the judge,mustapha has so many loyalist outside, and the judge fears for his life.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by yuzedo: 2:33pm On May 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 30, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by jeffizy(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2013
That's the way to go if you are being harassed with millions of naira.

Im reminded of the literature book - The incorruptible Judge cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Built2last: 2:36pm On May 30, 2013
i've kept asking myself what did Al-mustapha do that is worse than the looting and embezzlement going on in present day governance. they should decide on his case or let this young guy be for heaven's sake. Harry Marshal was assasinated, Bola Ige was assasinated and many others. where are their killers? The whole thing appears to be more political than justice.

5 Likes

Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by adoniza(m): 2:38pm On May 30, 2013
Justice must prevail!
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by AnOlAd: 2:39pm On May 30, 2013
Haha haha laughing in Swahilli.... Naija!!! I hail thee... U go fear.....
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Suks: 2:41pm On May 30, 2013
Built2last: i've kept asking myself what did Al-mustapha do that is worse than the looting and embezzlement going on in present day governance. they should decide on his case or let this young guy be for heaven's sake. Harry Marshal was assasinated, Bola Ige was assasinated and many others. where are their killers? The whole thing appears to be more political than justice.

whether political or justice; the fact is dat the guy killed or conspired to kill....he has bin caught and should pay the price
For Gods sake, for once; Nigeria should do whats right
since we dnt know the killers of harry marshal and co yet, the ones we know lets make dem pay

10 Likes

Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by dridowu: 2:41pm On May 30, 2013
Only God knows d main reason y d man resign frm Mustapha case
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Lilimax(f): 2:41pm On May 30, 2013
Naija, home of drama. We are watching... smiley smiley
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by MrCork: 2:43pm On May 30, 2013
...Whissskid still wets the bed! angry
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by hisxlency: 2:43pm On May 30, 2013
The judge Still loves his life, wife and children

1 Like

Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by alaoeri: 2:43pm On May 30, 2013
The fear of the unseen. ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Youngzedd(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2013
So this man is still alive after the death sentence.

Naija hmm.

1 Like

Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 30, 2013
This not new na. Money talks justice listens

Garri wey i dey drink nor gree comot 4 my noise as i read dis 1
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by alyusra: 2:45pm On May 30, 2013
This is a country where nothing is actually moving. This guy should be kill or set free haba.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by 1shortblackboy: 2:45pm On May 30, 2013
Suks:

whether political or justice; the fact is dat the guy killed or conspired to kill....he has bin caught and should pay the price
since we dnt know the killers of harry marshal and co yet, the ones we know lets make dem pay

thank u very much sir for this reply no mind that indi ara.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Blackgold09(f): 2:48pm On May 30, 2013
adoniza: Justice must prevail!
dat kind justice u say he go gree prevail again?
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by MadCow1: 2:49pm On May 30, 2013
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by vanstanzy(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2013
Based on death threats or what?
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Blackgold09(f): 2:51pm On May 30, 2013
Suks:

as d man say him no do again u fit go help am do na
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Blackgold09(f): 2:52pm On May 30, 2013
vanstanzy: Based on death threats or what?
read am again if u no understand am
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by kpozite(m): 2:56pm On May 30, 2013
Why waste the time of three judges on this guy who sends people to meet their ancestors without a second thought during his glory days, when there are innocent people perishing in prison waiting for their cases to be called up.
Waste that guy and save time and paper
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by obraye: 2:57pm On May 30, 2013
Ptimes:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136919-breaking-appeal-court-judge-withdraws-from-al-mustaphas-case-citing-personal-reasons.html

This case has taken too long.If the Nigerian judiciary can not bring this case to a logical conclusion then they should ask for external assistance from Judges outside the country, otherwise they should let the man go.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Opey4luv(m): 3:01pm On May 30, 2013
I just sit down here dey watch hw this whole drama go end.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by tjfulloption(m): 3:06pm On May 30, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

grin
-Mr Cork-:
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by mu2sa2: 3:07pm On May 30, 2013
Built2last: i've kept asking myself what did Al-mustapha do that is worse than the looting and embezzlement going on in present day governance. they should decide on his case or let this young guy be for heaven's sake. Harry Marshal was assasinated, Bola Ige was assasinated and many others. where are their killers? The whole thing appears to be more political than justice.
Absolutely. There's even ethnic twist to the travail of al-mustapha. Anyone who's been following his case will know that there is no way he could have got justice in a Lagos state court because his trial is heavily politicized with added dose of bigoted Yoruba bias. This sham trial and show of shame has been on now for nearly 15 years. The higher courts should right the wrong that has been done to this gentleman who's been punished for the perceived wrongs of Abacha.

3 Likes

Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 30, 2013
Its a pity chief justice Omo Agege is old and retired. He would have done his job without blinking.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by feelamong(m): 3:14pm On May 30, 2013
i dont blame the judge joor!

afterall some people still dey Abj dey chop our money yanfu yanfu and una want make him go kpeme for notin! tongue
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by Bashirfuntua(m): 3:37pm On May 30, 2013
if to say i go say make them free this man dem go say bcause na my brother so my hand no dey for their case woo!
Re: Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' by kunlekunle: 3:45pm On May 30, 2013
Mad Cow: [img]http://indiemarkllc.files./2013/03/godfather-gif.gif[/img]

His brain or his signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Dangerous Cultural Practices On Earth with pictures:::::::::::::::::::::: / How Did EFCC Get The Key To This Safe? - Pics / Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.