Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana (970 Views)

Solution To Nigeria Crisis Lies In Her National Anthem / Ban Ki Moon Should Appoint Special Envoy On The Nigeria Crisis / Nigeria Crisis: Ghadaffi Was Right After All? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana by lekanolas: 1:35pm On May 30, 2013
Femi Falana, a human rights activist, Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and one-time President, West African Bar Association (WABA), in this interview with FRANCIS FAMOROTI and KENNY ODUNUKAN, speaks on the Jonathan administration and the cleansing in the judiciary. Excerpts:

How will you appraise President Jonathan’s administration in the last two years?
As an extension of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government that has been in power in the country for the past 14 years, the Goodluck Jonathan administration has not been able to find any solution to the very many crises confronting the country.

What the regime has continued to plead for is time on the grounds that the problems did not start from them or that he met the problems on ground, but for many of us out there, it is difficult to differentiate among the Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Yar’Adua and Jonathan administrations. I would rather say that there is nothing to write home about in Goodluck Jonathan administration.

In fairness to the president himself, he has continued to plead for more time.We have been told now that in 2014, Nigerians will smile, by 2015 we are going to laugh all over the place, but this has been the broken promises of the Nigerian ruling class since 1986 when the Ibrahim Babangida junta imposed a structural adjustment programme on Nigerians.

I remember that Chief Olu Falae, who was then the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, used to say that people in the village were riding Evolution car but where are those cars now?

The members of the ruling class have a way of keeping hope alive for the people but as at today, the dreams of the people, are shattered. The economy is not run in the interest of Nigerians; the economy of Nigerians is managed in the interest of imperialism.

The more money we make, the more poverty we have in town.

What is your take on the state of insecurity in the country, especially with the declaration of emergency rule in some states?

There is a security challenge all over the country. It is perhaps much more serious in the North-East states and parts of North- West, but you also have the challenges of kidnapping, armed robbery, poverty, and unemployment which have all combined to task the Nigerian state to be more responsive to the desperation of youths who engage in criminality.

When you have an army of unemployed youths of over 10 million young people of school age roaming the streets, you cannot but have violent eruptions all the time.

So, it is not all about declaring a state of emergency in those states where terrorism has made lives very difficult to live for the majority of people. But beyond the declaration, the question is where do we go from there?

The conditions that give room for the rise of terrorism, kidnapping and other violent crimes have to be addressed by the government; a meaningful and lasting solution to break down of law and order.

Continue reading from here:
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/jonathan-has-no-solution-to-nigerias-crisis-falana/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana by Gbawe: 2:01pm On May 30, 2013
Nothing new here. Another honest Nigerian saying the truth about the abysmally poor leadership of GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana by madamoringo(f): 2:02pm On May 30, 2013
Wait for Roskike and co. to come and inundate you with fictitious and empty 60% GDP growth of the economy and how trillions of dollars in FDI is now in the economy, etc. Until most Nigerians wake up and stop collecting N 50,000 to lie as 40 lapdog squad, suffering will not stop hammering all of una heads! grin grin In a sane and real economy, 50 K is money that can be made legally in 1 hour and yes, that is even as an employee in a company not owner of business!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 30, 2013
I love the way Femi Falana smiles and demonstrates with his hands when having an interactive session. Lol! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana by Olaolufred(m): 3:03pm On May 30, 2013
Let me tell you a simple political discusion that transpired between me and my Mother-in-Law on 28th may 2013.

They had escaped armed robbery operation along Ibillo-Isua axis of Lagos-Abuja road.
It was a narrow escaped. They actually wanted to shoot, but probably did not because of their age. Both Husband and wife are in their sixties.

Mummy: Jonathan wants to do something, they only do not allow him to.
Son-in-law: who are those mummy?
Mummy: The Hausas.
Son-in-Law: Are the hausas the one who stopped him from repairing the life-claiming Okene-Ajaokuta road?(they are based in Ajaokuta steel coy estates).
Are the Hausas the one who stopped Ibadan exp/way from being good?
Are the Hausas the one who made us suffer in traffic due to bad spots on Lagos Abeokuta exp/way?
Are the Hausas the reason behind kidnapping in South-east,south-south and their eventual evading of south-west?
Mummy: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Son-in-law: if the northern state in turmoil doesn't want development, can't he do something in the other areas?
Mummy : we can only pray for change. Because I always try not to put nigeria's case on my mind.
NOTE, SHE HAD EARLIER told me she SAW A CO-RETIREE OF NUT WHO COULD NOT AFFORD
N 15,000 drugs in the Hospital and was so touched.
Son-in-law: but those leaders the north did not allow to do anything was not stopped from travelling abroad to threat cold and catarrh.
IN ORDER NOT TO COMPLETELY BE A BAD BOY, I AGREED WITH HER THAT OUR LEADERS NEEDS PRAYERS.

IN SUMMARY, WE ARE NOT FARING WELL AS A STATE.
MY SIGHT AT SOME SMALLER EAST AFRICAN AND SOUTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES SHOW WE ARE JUST LIKE CAMRY 2004-2006 (BIG FOR NOTHING).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Has No Solution To Nigeria’s Crisis – Falana by skyfall: 6:06pm On May 30, 2013
As Gbawe would say, Jonathan and his PDP predecessors are just gradualists who appear to be solving the little problems slowly while the fundamental ones are totally untouched.

This govt (and any one from PDP for that matter) cannot solve the problems of Nigeria. Only revolutionary leaders can. The earlier Nigerians open their eyes and stop this my brother/our son mentality, the better.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Liyel Imoke Performing? / Buhari: The Curse Of Ogedengbe (how Much Do We Really Know About Gen Buhari Rtd) / Capital Punishment: Oshiomhole Carpets UN, EU, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.