Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election (12111 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Fayose Rubbishes APC Audio Clips On Ekiti Election, Says 'It Is Fake' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by TechyGuy: 4:19pm On May 30, 2013

Ondo State Governor, who is also a factional Vice Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, and the National Chairman of the Labour Party, Chief Dan Nwayanwu, on Wednesday faulted video clips allegedly recorded during the NGF election held last Friday in Abuja.

The duo spoke at the democracy lecture delivered by the Director-General of the Nigerian Institute for International Affairs, Prof. Bola Akinterinwa, in Akure.

Mimiko, who described the release of the 10-minute video clips as the height of propaganda by the pro-Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s camp, challenged the originators to release the three-hour recording of the entire process.

He argued that the purported recorded clips released to an online medium on Tuesday merely covered an aspect, which represented the mischievous intention of the pro-Amaechi group.

Mimiko said, “Nigerians should ask the pro-Amaechi’s group why he presided over an election, which he is also contesting. I specifically raised that issue and insisted that he must resign but his supporters maintained that he should supervise the poll as a sitting chairman.

“They asked me whether I resigned my position while seeking a re-election for a second term in office and I replied them that it was not the same thing, because the NGF is like an association; not a democratic institution which had its existence entrenched in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“When it was obvious that we could not guarantee the source of the ballot boxes and ballot papers brought by Amaechi, I protested again that we should conduct the election openly by raising up our hands in support of our preferred candidate, again, they rejected.

“The ballot papers they produced were without serial numbers, and we discovered this was a fraud; hence there were protests.

“They never captured all these facts but merely recorded the fraction of the process, which was in line with their pre-determined agenda. I challenge them to release the clips which will cover the entire three-exercise.”

Nwayanwu, who also described the purported emergence of Ameachi as the factional chairman of the NGF as a fraud, said he ought to have given up the claim to NGF chairman when it was obvious that his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, had pitched its tent with Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau state.

He also said since election had never been held to produce the NGF Chairman, the emergence of Amaechi could not have been in comformity with the regulations setting up the organisation.

The LP chairman said the fact that 18 out of the 35 governors that voted attended the meeting called by Jang as NGF head, cast moral burden on the 19 votes Amaechi purported to have got in the election held a day earlier.

Nwayanwu said since the days of Governor Adamu Abdullahi of Nasarawa State to Dr. Bukola Saraki of Kwara state, election had never been held for the chairmanship position of NGF. He, therefore, wondered where Amaechi got his legitimacy from.

He said, “Amaechi should not allow overzealous and anxious politicians to destroy his future. He is still young, about 48 years old now. He should go back and reconcile with his party.

“A party is always supreme. If he cannot abide by the philosophy of the PDP, he is free to leave. He can join the APC or come to LP; but in our party, the party is always supreme.”

SOURCE

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by mrman2(m): 6:46pm On May 30, 2013
These people obviously have no shame whatsoever. Imagine the nonsense talk.

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by abrat: 7:26pm On May 30, 2013
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by gregg2: 7:53pm On May 30, 2013
He said, “Amaechi should not allow overzealous and anxious politicians to destroy his future. He is still young, about 48 years old now. He should go back and reconcile with his party.

“A party is always supreme. If he cannot abide by the philosophy of the PDP, he is free to leave. He can join the APC or come to LP; but in our party, the party is always supreme.”

I love this. The best advise Amaechi can get even from an opposition party.

20 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Demdem(m): 8:20pm On May 30, 2013
Shameless fools. Mimiko especially is a disgrace. Why can't he also release his own video.
Rubbish.

7 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by komekn(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2013
Gregg2's ,I am perplexed about the intent and purpose of your observations, I would have called them deductions but they are devoid of rationality, they probably would make some sort of sense in a meeting of the village branch of the NURTW.

The propositions you make are nonsensical in the extreme.

I have watched the 8 minute video and over a 3 hour meeting it was the most relevant part of the meeting and as such that excerpt is precisely relevant and concise. It tells us the nature of the beast that we are dealing with, I do not know if it is possible for the election to have been more transparently free and fair.

Your idea that the party is supreme is not untrue but with reservation, it is the PARTY IDEOLOGICAL STANDPOINT from which policy will and should emerge from that is supreme. Political party Ideology is not the individualistic and the filthy, manipulative, self-seeking corruption led concept of GODFATHERISM which pervades our political landscape and is very much reflective of the ruling PDP.

13 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 30, 2013
gregg2: He said, “Amaechi should not allow overzealous and anxious politicians to destroy his future. He is still young, about 48 years old now. He should go back and reconcile with his party.

I love this. The best advise Amaechi can get even from an opposition party.
Very solid advice

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by egift(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Very solid advice
So your anger with ameachi is that he is is not a mumu and a rubber-stamp. I see!

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by TechyGuy: 11:07pm On May 30, 2013
Demdem: Shameless fools. Mimiko especially is a disgrace. Why can't he also release his own video.
Rubbish.

Why are you angry with Mimiko. He is a better governor than most of your ACN hypocrites and HE IS OPPOSITION!
He is not in support of PDP, so stop being sentimental. He is only worried that Amaechi is being used by opposition to his detriment.

And last and most importantly. He challenged the so called video that opposition is publishing everywhere for propaganda. If you feel he is wrong why not show us the full recording, not some "arrangee" 10 minutes that ACN published.
By the challenge, Mimiko has rubbished that video if you don't know. How come the video is only 10mins?

11 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by TechyGuy: 11:08pm On May 30, 2013
egift: So your anger with ameachi is that he is is not a mumu and a rubber-stamp. I see!

Actually, Amaechi is a mumu and a rubber-stamp, but for ACN!

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by TechyGuy: 11:14pm On May 30, 2013
I have SOME QUESTIONS:

1. Why is ACN solidly behind Amaechi?
2. Why is ACN more interested in what PDP do to Amaechi?
3. Do ACN folks now care about PDP and their decisions regarding their members?
4. Why has Amaechi not defected to ACN/CPC?
5. How did Amaechi suddenly become a 'progressive'? Do PDP now have 'progressives'?

26 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Demdem(m): 7:25am On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

Why are you angry with Mimiko.

Simple. He is standing on the path of lies and deceit. Its not a yoruba thing to be found in such. Yorubas says it as it is no matter ur political affiliation.

He is a better governor than most of your ACN hypocrites and HE IS OPPOSITION!

Crap. SO far he has done pretty good in Ondo but better, abegii say what u know

He is not in support of PDP, so stop being sentimental.

He is and chief of them in support of the Retardeen the killer leader.

He is only worried that Amaechi is being used by opposition to his detriment.

Why why should he if at all its true? Is Amaechi a Baby that can use his brain and know if he is being used or not?

And last and most importantly. He challenged the so called video that opposition is publishing everywhere for propaganda.

And what evidence does he have. Anyone can simply come out and talk rubbish about anything however without anything concrete to prove such it remain void.

If you feel he is wrong why not show us the full recording, not some "arrangee" 10 minutes that ACN published.

Arrangee u mean they arranged for Udaughan to be physically present in front of the ballots when it was being counted or what? u arent making sense. Let mimiko bring out his own video, even if its for 2mins to buttress its position. Without this, he is talking rubbish.

By the challenge, Mimiko has rubbished that video if you don't know. How come the video is only 10mins?

What useless challenge? he claimed Amaechi shouldnt be head when voting commences then why did he vote and waited for the vote to be counted if he was passionate about this? why did he even receive his own ballot paper to cast his vote for his candidtate? the honourable would have been if him and his cohorts had simply walked out and formed their group and that they didnt do. If their candidate had won, will this be an issue? The video is sound and concrete and the only evidence Nigerians have to understand what pretty transpired inside that meeting. Check commentators talking about it and they hold that belief especially when the other camp has no concrete proof to suggest rigging. These fools lost and they are finding it difficult to accept. Again i re-instate that they are shameless fools, mimiko especially. why should he be found in such dirts? Akpabio is even understandable

22 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by TechyGuy: 12:15pm On May 31, 2013
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

By your post, you contradict everything you and opposition stand for in this situation.

With this kind of reasoning, I'm sorry I cannot help you. No pun intended.
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by earthgreeners(m): 12:39pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

By your post, you contradict everything you and opposition stand for in this situation.

bros u are the confused one

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Demdem(m): 12:41pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

Demdem is demdem. Opposition can go suck themselves. highlight the contradictions or kindly shut up

dont need ur help. u need it more than u can ever think. actually i doubt if u have the mental capacity to fully understand the issue at stake.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by omenka(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy: I have SOME QUESTIONS:

5. How did Amaechi suddenly become a 'progressive'? Do PDP now have 'progressives'?

I have no idea how old you are but those of us who've been around for sometime understand this is how politics is played. An enemy of your enemy is your ally.

Mimiko should not just use word of mouth to discredit the video. Whatever hapened to him releasing a contradictory video clip to bolster his own arguement

This man is fast becoming a blacksheep. Be wary of your new found associates cos time and again they've proven that when the chips are down, they could devour even their mothers!

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by beordune(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2013

Why don't you ask your Mimiko thesame question...abi him na PDP?

1 Like

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by dridowu: 12:54pm On May 31, 2013
the video captured the most important aspect of the election ( the counting )............................so i dnt undastand all ds jargons Mimiko is saying. Kudos to Aregbe
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by dridowu: 12:55pm On May 31, 2013

ur answer is simple as abc
THERE IS NO PERMANENT FRIEND/ENEMY IN POLITICS

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by PlanMan1: 12:56pm On May 31, 2013
MIMIKO ! EVEN YOU I WEEP FOR THIS COUNTRY. LABOUR PARTY NOW EXTENDED PDP...SHAME
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:59pm On May 31, 2013
Mr Mimiko, u deserved to be shot!
We knw some cash have been exchanged, so u are free to yan dust!
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by shiftmarket(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

Why are you angry with Mimiko. He is a better governor than most of your ACN hypocrites and HE IS OPPOSITION!
He is not in support of PDP, so stop being sentimental. He is only worried that Amaechi is being used by opposition to his detriment.

And last and most importantly. He challenged the so called video that opposition is publishing everywhere for propaganda. If you feel he is wrong why not show us the full recording, not some "arrangee" 10 minutes that ACN published.

Another way of saying a 3hrs wedding ceremony recorded on video does not show that the persons are wedded because they didnot include the videos from the time of their birth leading up to their wedding day.

Hmmmmmm. Na wa for politics

5 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by yahrant140(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

TechyGuy:

TechyGuy:

I CAN SEE U ARE HIGHLY BRAINWASHED BY YOUR SO CALLED MIMIKO D beautification governor my foot!
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 31, 2013
this is what happened from my knowledge. all of them have their caucus . stronger caucus, that are 19 in numbers believe that amechi will be dealt with ,if he doesnt step down. they were over confidence that 19 of them could deal with him and vote him out. but unknown to them were 3 Judases who might have been romancing with weaker caucus , voted against the prefared. General . now, results were counted and alas, weaker candidate won.
moral lesson: no permanent friend in politics.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 31, 2013
The problem with these governors is simply lack of shame. Next topic pls undecided
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by AZeD1(m): 1:04pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

So because 10 mins is showed means the video is false? The question is did that 10 mins truly occur if yes, then Amaechi truly won.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by demitola(m): 1:05pm On May 31, 2013
This is a continuous blatant shame on d polity and so called-elite politicians of this country. In short what Mimiko is tryin to say is that federal might and will supersede a democratic election outcome. Why just coming out with d excuse of an unnumbered ballot paper after d result? What has party idealogy got to do with a 19-man win over 16? Meeehn, smh for upcomin 2015 election
Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by exbash: 1:10pm On May 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

SHUT UP!!! ..... Na ur village chief dey d video even though its one second..... Jang one hold of victory is that "majority" endorsed him before the election and didnt want to accept defeat.... dey didnt complain when dey started, it was only when election was completed they are crying .... " Meat wen dem no dey chop dem no dey use teeth share am" Since dey didnt want election y did dey vote, sort, and count the vote?

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Dovy: 1:12pm On May 31, 2013
I have the 3hrs 30mins video that show how the election was conducted and i wil not release it. Let them go and die Mtcheewwww

1 Like

Re: Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election by Lexo22(m): 1:14pm On May 31, 2013
Two must agree in order to walk together Amos 3:3,The forum is already divided and is not constitutional and thus should be scrapped ASAP..... I don't think any reasonable average Nigerian will miss the forum...

.. As for Amechi, if you are not going to be loyal to the decisions of ur party u bow simple... U don't want to stay in peace and loyalty with ur party yet u don't want to go.... U re just as an agent of the opposition to ruin your party... God help you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Impersonating Adamu Sule, Buhari’s Adviser / Sharia Court Bill: Leo Ogor Speaks - "Nobody Is Expanding Sharia To Anywhere" / How 16 Deputy Governors Quit In 19 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.