Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Beyonce Is Not A Role Model - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Is Not A Role Model (1827 Views)

Beyonce Is The Most Difficult Celebrity’ - Super Bowl Officials / Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa / I Dont Think Beyonce Is That Beautiful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 9:18pm On May 30, 2013
A brilliant piece of writing by Rakhi Kumar in his open letter to Michelle Obama as he disagrees with her views on Beyonce being referred to as a role model. Whether you agree with him or not, he makes a strong case for his views and does it with a lot of sense. Enjoy the letter below.

“Dear Michelle Obama,

I’m addressing this to you because I admire you. Because you’re smart and a mum to two young girls. And you’re the First Lady of the USA. And because you were recently quoted as saying that Beyonce is a great ‘role model’ to your two daughters, and because you recently tweeted, after the Superbowl, that you were ‘so proud’ of her. I’m writing because everything you do is admired and emulated by so many; but when you endorse a recording artist like Beyonce, I see the most misogynistic aspects of the music industry (that prefers girls to be no more complex than dolls) interpret your comments as a seal of approval for the thoughtless cultural currency that they flood the youth market with. I’m writing because I think it’s time to stop suggesting to very young girls that ultimate feminine success – in the music industry or anywhere else – comes with the need, or the expectation for them to UnCloth.

When Beyonce kicked off her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour two nights ago, wearing her sheer bodysuit with nipples showing, to me she performed the final degradation of her talent; a retrogressive transformation that has taken someone stellar and otherworldly, and made them into something dreadfully familiar and sad.

Variations of Beyonce’s body suit can be found in brothels, strip clubs, and red light districts across the world – where sex is for sale and...”

The rest of this intriguing open letter is from the "source" directly below...

SOURCE: BEYONCE IS NOT A ROLE MODEL – OPEN LETTER TO MICHELLE OBAMA
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 9:20pm On May 30, 2013

Bee is not pretty in that picture... undecided
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 10:00pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:
Bee is not pretty in that picture... undecided
I've never seen her as mind-blowing... She's just there abeg. Gabrielle Union is far better looking!

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:01pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:
I've never seen her as mind-blowing... She's just there abeg. Gabrielle Union is far better looking!

Yes it's true, even Kelly Roland is prettier than her to me. smiley
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:03pm On May 30, 2013

On this picture it seems like she has a mustache, very unflattering... undecided
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 10:11pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:
On this picture it seems like she has a mustache, very unflattering... undecided
Lol... Do you know i just realized that after you pointed it out? She's the one who should be moving to the left in that her song!
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:13pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:
Lol... Do you know i just realized that after you pointed it out? She's the one who should be moving to the left in that her song!

Hahaha, you're mean. grin
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 10:13pm On May 30, 2013
Although not many will notice with those two missiles in front of her...
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:15pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:
Although not many will notice with those two missiles in front of her...

It didn't catch my attention that much...
Did it for you ?
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 10:21pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:

It didn't catch my attention that much...
Did it for you ?
If it did, i wouldn't still admit it... That's jigga's wifey, no dirty thoughts. Although someone did smack her on the butt while she was performing somewhere in Europe.
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:24pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:
If it did, i wouldn't still admit it... That's jigga's wifey, no dirty thoughts. Although someone did smack her on the butt while she was performing somewhere in Europe.

Yes I saw the video grin , I wonder how Jay-Z reacted...
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 10:30pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:

Yes I saw the video grin , I wonder how Jay-Z reacted...
Jigga will do nothing but sit his a** down... What did they expect when she decided to sell herself as a se*ual symbol?
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:33pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:
Jigga will do nothing but sit his a** down... What did they expect when she decided to sell herself as a sexual symbol?

Hum that's the sad part with fame, only s/e/x sells... undecided
But I believed that he was more possessive than that...
I'm kind of disappointed with his non-reaction. undecided
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 10:42pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:

Hum that's the sad part with fame, only s/e/x sells... undecided
But I believed that he was more possessive than that...
I'm kind of disappointed with his non-reaction. undecided
Alicia keys doesn't get involved in all that s/e/x crap... and she still sells records. Jay Z could do nothing about that whole episode!
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 10:47pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:
Alicia keys doesn't get involved in all that s/e/x crap... and she still sells records. Jay Z could do nothing about that whole episode!

Hum you're right, but A.Keys is (unfortunately) not billionaire like this couple... undecided
lol at Jay-Z grin
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Chanchit: 10:48pm On May 30, 2013
Na wa o, person write long article like this and d only thing my fellow NLders could point out is how her front and behind looks like, anyway dts whats d article is talking about"sex symbol role model"
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 11:02pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:

Hum you're right, but A.Keys is (unfortunately) not billionaire like this couple... undecided
lol at Jay-Z grin
Jigga and Beyonce put together are not worth a billion dollars... a few hundred mill though.
But i see what you mean. It still doesn't change the fact that A.Keys and Swiss Beatz are A-list celebrities too.
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 11:06pm On May 30, 2013
lumeviews.com:

Jigga and Beyonce put together are not worth a billion dollars... a few hundred mill though.
But i see what you mean. It still doesn't change the fact that A.Keys and Swiss Beatz are A-list celebrities too.

Haha, you are wrong, they recently became the first couple ever to become billionaire in the music industry. grin
Google it if you don't believe me. wink
Yes of course the two others are high-esteemed celebrities. smiley
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 11:14pm On May 30, 2013
Chanchit: Na wa o, person write long article like this and d only thing my fellow NLders could point out is how her front and behind looks like, anyway dts whats d article is talking about"sex symbol role model"
LOL.. Me sef no fit be role model!
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 9:10am On May 31, 2013
Sanboy25:

Haha, you are wrong, they recently became the first couple ever to become billionaire in the music industry. grin
Google it if you don't believe me. wink
Yes of course the two others are high-esteemed celebrities. smiley
Wow, i just did... Astonishing!!!
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Sanboy25: 9:53am On May 31, 2013
lumeviews.com:
Wow, i just did... Astonishing!!!

I did tell ya grin
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by londoner: 9:57am On May 31, 2013
She is a role model....it's just that some can not handle her success (Kelly for example).

Everything she touches she excels in.....how many people can say that? Maybe just her (and Alicia Keys to some extent)

good looks.....check!
career success......check!
marriage....check!
motherhood....check!
all that with no dirt being dished or substance abuse scandals....check!

Not many young ladies in entertainment today have that.

Michelle knows what she is talking about.........and knows Beyonce personally.

Beyonce is role model for the person who wants it all and is willing to work HARD and FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME to get it.

By the way, picking a bad pic of her is such a hater move.....lol

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by lumeviewscom: 11:09am On May 31, 2013
londoner:

By the way, picking a bad pic of her is such a hater move.....lol

lol... About the photo, that was what prompted the letter in the first place because that is what she wore to the concert. But you do have a good point!
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bey is hot!
Re: Beyonce Is Not A Role Model by RoyalAssasin: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sanboy25:

Yes it's true, even Kelly Roland is prettier than her to me. smiley

Hell yeah!

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian 16yr Old Girl Producer Based in Canada / Check Out Olamide’s Outfit Before He Headed Onto Stage For Startrek 2013 / Picture Of Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola In His Boyhood Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.