Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (241333 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by peeman79: 3:03am On Nov 14, 2015
friends n brodas, saying that I am happy to have stumbled on this thread is an understatement... am very grateful to everyone who dropped something in the right direction.
I have enough land suffice to accommodate about 5,000 stands of oil palm trees (approximately 38ha). which was given me by my uncle he's the current village head after my dad talked him into releasing the land... not to bore u with my long story.
the storyline is DT I don't know hw to raise the capital. am sure looking for investors or partners... am still in school n I want to invest in something I can fall back on after school... with this business idea I dnt need a white collar job but if it comes fine...

I'll be grateful if anyone can she any helpful information that will do me good.
I forgot to mention that am from kogi state .
akubi.peter12@gmail.com,... 08032214382.
my best regards to everyone.
sory for the typos
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2015
Really appreciate and respect everybody on this informative and educative thread. I am a manager of an oil palm plantation in Benin Edo State and also a consultant to some established and potential farmers on this aspect of agribusiness. For consultation and advice on this and possible field trip to know more on this business. Contact me on tjadeniyi@gmail.com or 08098122340(SMS only) Thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 11:04am On Nov 25, 2015
Hello house,
My sincere appreciation to those that have contacted me for one or two advise(s) and consultation. I say thank you for the trust.
To the general potentials on this agribusiness especially the beginners, the best time to start land preparation(felling of trees) is from now till eary February.
For those that are looking for feasibility studies, I can prepare comprehensive one for you or you get it from any other source but from experience "not all feasibility studies are feasible".
I salute the ideas shared on this thread and also appreciate the brains of some contributors.
Again for consultation and advice on this agribusiness
Contact me on tjadeniyi@gmail.com or 08098122340 (SMS only)
Service charge applied grin

l
tjadeniyi:
Really appreciate and respect everybody on this
informative and educative thread.
I am a manager of an oil palm plantation in Benin
Edo State and also a consultant to some
established and potential farmers on this aspect
of agribusiness.
For consultation and advice on this and possible
field trip to know more on this business.
Contact me on tjadeniyi@gmail.com or
08098122340(SMS only)
Thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by thintug: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2015
please who has the contact of any of any processing plant/company in delta/edo,i have cassava to sell... please contact me thintug@gmail.com/ 0708 378 7394
thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
When you leverage on the experience of the
professionals,success is guaranteed.

My appreciation to my clients that got contact through this thread. Thanks for your patronage and trust.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2015
I think is better u get a new thread solely for this. U ar derailing this thread
tjadeniyi:
When you leverage on the experience of the
professionals,success is guaranteed.

My appreciation to my clients that got contact through this thread. Thanks for your patronage and trust.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by adexomuo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Am in need of palm kernel oil anybody with useful information should Contact me on 08030705690 or adexomuo@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 2:07am On Dec 16, 2015
@MANGAM....Apology to those that are derailed by my posts....Appreciation to those that contacted me for one or the other advice.... Big thanks to OP and entire house for this thread...(y)
MANGAM:
I think is better u get a new thread solely for this. U ar derailing this thread
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
!

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
Happy new Year

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
!

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
MANGAM:
Today I went to kuje area council of the Fct to look at the Area council's palm plantation and I almost cried because of what saw. The plantion has abt 500 mature palms, producing and are left unattended to. What a waste!
HELLO THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT......PLEASE MY DAD PLANTATION IS SAME WITH THIS AND ALSO UPTO 500 LEFT UNATTENDED TO, I TRAVELLED THIS CHRISMAS TO VIEW THE STATE OF THINGS THERE AND AM BENT ON REVAMPING AND REACTIVATING IT,
NOW I WANT TO GET HARVESTERS THAT WILL HELP ME WORK ON IT AND ALSO KNOW WHAT IT WILL PRODUCE BEFORE HARVESTING AND PROCESSING....PLEASE KINDLY ADVICE
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
Happy New Year
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hw old are the palms? What are the variety of the palms? U can start by getting a farm manager that will watch over ur farm while u are away. Under ur instruction the farm manager should be able to arrange, cordinate and supervise the weeding, clearing and trimming and pruning of the palms trees that's if u don't ve the time.
Other house members should pls help out.

CC: okine4real, felixzo1
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
HELLO THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT......PLEASE MY DAD PLANTATION IS SAME WITH THIS AND ALSO UPTO 500 LEFT UNATTENDED TO, I TRAVELLED THIS CHRISMAS TO VIEW THE STATE OF THINGS THERE AND AM BENT ON REVAMPING AND REACTIVATING IT,
NOW I WANT TO GET HARVESTERS THAT WILL HELP ME WORK ON IT AND ALSO KNOW WHAT IT WILL PRODUCE BEFORE HARVESTING AND PROCESSING....PLEASE KINDLY ADVICE
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
MANGAM:
Hw old are the palms? What are the variety of the palms? U can start by getting a farm manager that will watch over ur farm while u are away. Under ur instruction the farm manager should be able to arrange, cordinate and supervise the weeding, clearing and trimming and pruning of the palms trees that's if u don't ve the time.

my palms have started fruiting,in fact few have ripening but still at the early stages, I hope to get some thing out of them this year,I did not travel to my village personal ly but I use contract labour for clearing and pruning, I will upload pix as soon as I get them

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
Can't wait to see the pics
felixzo1:
my palms have started fruiting,in fact few have ripening but still at the early stages, I hope to get some thing out of them this year,I did not travel to my village personal ly but I use contract labour for clearing and pruning, I will upload pix as soon as I get them
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 4:27am On Jan 05, 2016
I will advice on two directions
1. Since you're are not on ground to monitor this farm yourself, the attitude and seriousness of the contract labourers should be assigned to an independent/ part-time supervisor
2. Not to be at total loss, it is professionally OK to rent/lease this plantation out till you will be available to manage it properly. In this you state out your conditions to your tenant and you still get paid....Win-Win approach.

felixzo1:
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2016
MANGAM:

Order of priority.....that's exactly what I just concluded, am bringing one from Calabar she was a supervisor at Real oil mills (biggest oil farm in cross river) I even did my nysc there and that's why am motivated to run this business......do you guys know that a tanker of red oil in that company goes for 8million naira as at 2012.
Upon her arrival, ive concluded her accommodation and believe that whenever she comes around....surely, she must request for the services of harvesters for triming
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2016
U could hookup with tjadeniyi for more on hw to manage ur palm plantation maximally. Mine are still @ the infant. I hope to learn a lot from u when mine are fully matured
KAYCEEJUNIOR:

Order of priority.....that's exactly what I just concluded, am bringing one from Calabar she was a supervisor at Real oil mills (biggest oil farm in cross river) I even did my nysc there and that's why am motivated to run this business......do you guys know that a tanker of red oil in that company goes for 8million naira as at 2012.
Upon her arrival, ive concluded her accommodation and believe that whenever she comes around....surely, she must request for the services of harvesters for triming

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
@MANGAM....Thanks for your recommendation
@Kayceejunior....Right decision at right time. Ready to be of help when needed
@House.... Oil palm plantation is a profitable agribusiness but with proper and professional management

MANGAM:
U could hookup with tjadeniyi for more on hw to manage ur palm plantation maximally. Mine are still @ the infant. I hope to learn a lot from u when mine are fully matured
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Topruby: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello People,
This thread has been very informative and can't wait to start my own 52acres of Oil Palm.
In the interim, i need 500 tons of Oil Palm to be supplied in Lagos on a monthly basis. Competent Suppliers can reach me on 08187467223.
thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
tjadeniyi:
@MANGAM....Thanks for your recommendation
@Kayceejunior....Right decision at right time. Ready to be of help when needed
@House.... Oil palm plantation is a profitable agribusiness but with proper and professional management

Thanks boss will keep in touch when needed

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
The house is somehow cold. I believe the main reason is that our people are now on the farm preparing for new season.
The best time to prepare your new plantation is now.
"A stitch in time saves nine"
Those that have established plantations, this is time, you suppose to be through with your "fire tracing" by now. Do your pruning.
Sales of all palm products have being overwhelming this period.
See you all at the TOP. smiley
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 7:56am On Feb 05, 2016
"When you leverage on the experience of the professionals,success is guaranteed"
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by boyisfine: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
where can i get 18 month old oil palm seedlings and price
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 1:32am On Feb 09, 2016
@boyisfine, I am not sure of getting seedlings of such age but my candid advice is that make sure your seedlings come from NIFOR source: either NIFOR direct or State ADPs or NIFOR accredited agents.... Anything out of these, the visible 'result' is next four or five or more years. And at that time, it may be regretful... God forbid...
'A word is enough for the wise'
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by boyisfine: 1:40am On Feb 09, 2016
How much are the seedlings now from NIFOR?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Obaneh(m): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2016
The prices of TENERA from NIFOR are: Seedling @N350/one and Sprouted @N60.00/one

smiley
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
tjadeniyi:
@boyisfine, I am not sure of getting seedlings of such age but my candid advise is that make sure your seedlings come from NIFOR source: either NIFOR direct or State ADPs or NIFOR accredited agents.... Anything out of these, the visible 'result' is next four or five or more years. And at that time, it may be regretful... God forbid...
'A word is enough for the wise'
Sir, are you saying seedlings gotten from state ADP's are genuine or better still *original?
If yes,Omo I don hit gold mine oh
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
I can say yes
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
I can say yes provided you are true to yourself. All States that are climatically OK for oil-palm development ( mostly South West, South South and South East states) are supplied sprouted seeds for proper nursery at a subsidised price by FG (Min of Agric.) so as to ease the procurement of better seedlings by the farmers.
But anyhow na Nigeria we dey o.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.