Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,203 members, 7,860,317 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP (606 Views)

Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry / Amaechi's Reaction To His Deputy's Defection / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP by guy1234: 6:30am On Jun 01, 2013
Amaechi’s reaction to his re-election and suspension from the PDP

In a confab with the youth of Rivers State on Monday on a theme “Consolidating on Rivers of our Dreams” which took place at the Banquet Hall of Government House, Port Harcourt, Amaechi said by God’s Grace, he will pull through all the hurdles.

“The way these people at the federal level are desperate, they may come after my life. So when you pray, remember to pray for me to remain alive.Who has power to suspend Obio/Akpor council? Now you see political witch-hunting; it is so ridiculous, my party must rise above political witch-hunting. The Governor did not suspend Obio/Akpor council, I hope you know.

My power is to dissolve and remit it to the House of Assembly, but I have not done that yet, what the Assembly has said is ‘we are investigating corruption’ then the party says we should not investigate corruption, is that fair? I was not invited by the National Working Committee of PDP; I was not given fair hearing.

“What I heard was, ‘why did I refuse to reinstate the suspended Obio/Akpor Council executive? Who suspended them?’ His question received the enthusiastic response of the youths who chorused: “The Rivers State House of Assembly.”

Again the governor asked, ‘who has the power to investigate Obio/Akpor council executive?”. The youths again replied: “The State Assembly.”

“If they are not guilty, then, they will re-instate them, but if they are guilty, then we will ask for the dissolution of the council.  We have not even gone half, and the party (PDP) says re-instate them. It means that the party likes corruption. Let the Assembly resume and commence investigation, let’s see what goes on. Whether there is corruption or not, it is the business of the Assembly.

I have been a Speaker, and I know the powers of a Speaker and the legislature.  I used it when I was a Speaker. “What is the police still doing at the Obio/Akpor Council building? The court gave an order to the Police to vacate Obio/Akpor Council, they disobeyed, and the police are still stationed there.

The Federal Government does not care, they only stationed police at Obio/Akpor council, even if everybody dies, they don’t care.  Now, the whole state will be grounded, because the police have refused to vacate the Obio/Akpor Council Secretariat.

“They don’t want to know, we are not important to the federal government, we are not important at all. “You know what it took for us to stop militancy in the state. But only last week, they now organized militants to return to the streets of Port Harcourt, is that not shameful? You all know how the militants spent our money, raped our women, killed our parents and young men. Immediately the militants stopped protesting, the police said, nobody should protest again.

“Internal democracy is important in our party, they fought me with everything, and I still won the Nigeria Governors’ Forum election, what should they do?

They should have joined me to thank God. Because what it means is that God has spoken.  It happened when I was in Ghana, I fasted and prayed for six months, 6am to 6pm, and God made me Governor. “I will not leave the PDP. I will go to court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ngf-why-governor-jang-took-the-offer/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP by kingdami(m): 7:26am On Jun 01, 2013
May God help u my Governor

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP by rooftech: 7:32am On Jun 01, 2013
God will figh for you.against the cultist
Re: Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 01, 2013
kingdami: May God help u my Governor
rooftech: God will figh for you.against the cultist
I dunno wether to say amen or not cuz same way we sympathize with Mr shoeless and in d longrun.......we re breathing the air now .....!!!!

Any way sha, amen for una prayer oooo !!!
Re: Amaechi’s Reaction To His Re-election And Suspension From The PDP by guy1234: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Let's wait and see how this abracadabra plays out.

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Bomb Fuel Tankers –MEND / Una Wey Dey Talk Say GEJ Don Solve Power Problem.... / Igbo And The Proverbial Rainfall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.