Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? (1466 Views)

Bible Was Untouched By Flames After Road Accident In Abuja / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Answers Needed Please. Questions: When Was Hell Fire Created By God? Where Is It Located? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
I was reading muskeeto's thread about robert ingersoll's reasons for being an atheist, and then he mentioned something that struck me, it was about how in the old testament the christian God metted out punishments for sin instantaneously, but how in the new testament he changed, and he started giving grace to sinners to repent and that the ones who failed to repent will be cast into the lake of fire,

What's baffling to me is that in the old testament, there was no hell fire or even any mention of it, only hades or sheoul was mentioned and those words mean grave and underworld respectively, so if there was no hell fire then when was it created? Why was it created? What is the purpose for it? And what led to the christian God conceiving a place of unending torment? I leave this to the house.
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by ijawkid(m): 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
I no know o.....

2 Likes

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by Rossikk(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
@poster, really, you take these bible verses way too seriously... wink

You know, most of those things were written by people who, if you encountered them today, you wouldn't let through your front gate?

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
ijawkid: I no know o.....
lol, but I hope u get what I'm trying to say?
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2013
Rossikk: @poster, really, you take these bible verses way too seriously... wink
hahahahahahaha, don't mind me jare, just trying to understand the overall psyche of the typical christian, by asking questions like this I get replies that give me insight on the way christians feel about the bible and it's interpretation,
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
ijawkid: I no know o.....

grin grin

lmao@ hell fire.

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by ezme(m): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
*subscribing*

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin

lmao@ hell fire.

hell fire is a deep pit or a lake filled with fire, where people will burn for all eternity, asin like 4 billion gazillion years,
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
ezme: *subscribing*
*subscribed*
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ask @OLAADEGBU and @Pastor Olu T

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
Segeggs: Ask @OLAADEGBU and @Pastor Olu T
Don't get your hopes up.

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by FromGuiriga(m): 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
bolaino: hell fire is a deep pit or a lake filled with fire, where people will burn for all eternity, asin like 4 billion gazillion years,

Wow, That's a long time.
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by enilove(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
bolaino: I was reading muskeeto's thread about robert ingersoll's reasons for being an atheist, and then he mentioned something that struck me, it was about how in the old testament the christian God metted out punishments for sin instantaneously, but how in the new testament he changed, and he started giving grace to sinners to repent and that the ones who failed to repent will be cast into the lake of fire,

What's baffling to me is that in the old testament, there was no hell fire or even any mention of it, only hades or sheoul was mentioned and those words mean grave and underworld respectively, so if there was no hell fire then when was it created? Why was it created? What is the purpose for it? And what led to the christian God conceiving a place of unending torment? I leave this to the house.

The old testament made mention of hell.
Prov. 15:24 states "The way of life is above to the wise,that he may depart from hell beneath."
When you substitute hell for grave ,you will know ,for sure, that it is "hell" being refered to in that passage.

Isiah 5:14 - There4 hell hath enlarged herself,and opened her mouth without measure :and their glory.......shall descend into it."
Grave cannot be said to have been enlarged, since it is d same measurement for everyone.

Those 2 passages tells us that hell is mentioned in the old testament.

The reason God created hell was for Satan and the falling angels. God will also take " the unbelievers,the whoremongers,& sorcerers,d idolaters and all liars to hell for failing to repent from their wickedness.

Please, repent b4 it is too late and stop all these vain babblings which cannot change anything.Repent and escape for your life.
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by peterphd(m): 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
One thing is for sure...hell doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by FromGuiriga(m): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
enilove:

Prov. 15:24 states "The way of life is above to the wise,that he may depart from hell beneath."
When you substitute hell for grave ,you will know ,for sure, that it is "hell" being refered to in that passage.

Isiah 5:14 - There4 hell hath enlarged herself,and opened her mouth without measure :and their glory.......shall descend into it."
Grave cannot be said to have been enlarged, since it is d same measurement for everyone.

The reason God created hell was for Satan and the falling angels. God will also take " the unbelievers,the whoremongers,& sorcerers,d idolaters and all liars to hell for failing to repent from their wickedness.

Please, repent b4 it is too late and stop all these vain babblings which cannot change anything.Repent and escape for your life.

Why would a God create this hell for Satan then throw humans spirits in there with Satan?

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
enilove:

I chose to disagree my dear, the hell mentioned specifically in those passages was not a lake of fire but rather the jewish sheoul which is grave, but due to translatory errors by d composers of the english bible they substituted the word sheoul for grave instead, and it was a deliberate ploy to mislead many christians into believing sheoul to be a lake of fire, what's even the correlation between sheoul and lake of fire sef?

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
[quote author=enilove]

wrong.

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Why would a God create this hell for Satan then throw humans spirits in there with Satan?
that's a good question, and that brings up another question, is hell fire a physical place or a spiritual place? that is if it exists,
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by sylve11: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
From_Guiriga:

i think god is trying to put the human spirit and satan to a wrestling fight to see who will inherit hell forever. Abi u nor go inherit ur papa estate? cool

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by FromGuiriga(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
bolaino: that's a good question, and that brings up another question, is hell fire a physical place or a spiritual place? that is if it exists,

I don't know but I do not think it's physical. If we dig up the dead from the grave....no signs of fire or burning. They are turning to dust.

Spiritual, I still don't know. If a "spirit" can walk through a wall (non physical) then how can a million tons of steal crush him/her (the spirit)?
Imagine your neighbor saying "yeah man, I'm going to burn the air with this fire..." You know right there, that man has lost his mind!

Maybe someone can explain....

Give thanks.

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
What tha hell is hell? undecided

1 Like

Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
Segeggs: What tha hell is hell? undecided
lol
Re: When In The Bible Was Hell Fire Created? by bolaino(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2013
sylve11:

i think god is trying to put the human spirit and satan to a wrestling fight to see who will inherit hell forever. Abi u nor go inherit ur papa estate? cool
sometimes I feel pity for satan.

(1) (Reply)

[deleted] / AAU Confers The Doctor Of Science Honorary Degree On Rev. Chris Oyakhilome(Pics) / Jesus Christ And The Old Testament..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.