Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? (12815 Views)

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA / Hong Kong International Airport Named World's Best Airport / My Biggest Challenge As A Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by samee72(f): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Pls if you live in Hong Kong, share information on how Nigerians can come to Hong Kong, get visas and work there

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by texaco1: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
samee72: Pls if you live in Hong Kong, share information on how Nigerians can come to Hong Kong, get visas and work there
nobody go mind u with this ur question,but u caan ask again and louder,maybe God will push someone to answer u
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
samee72: Pls if you live in Hong Kong, share information on how Nigerians can come to Hong Kong, get visas and work there

You can get Hong Kong visa at Chinese embassy, HK is a very beautiful country but very very expensive city to live in, there are Nigerians there but a lot of them are into business, buying from China and selling in HK, you will need a visa to travel from HK to China, just about an hr journey.

Nigerians own churches there full of HK women, some of them got Nigerian husbands. They have a particular popular shopping mall there, its full of Nigerians, Indians, Pakistanis. Is like walking into Alaba market. At the same time police round up African immigrants there on daily bases

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
justwise:

You can get Hong Kong visa at Chinese embassy, HK is a very beautiful country but very very expensive city to live in, there are Nigerians there but a lot of them are into business, buying from China and selling in HK, you will need a visa to travel from HK to China, just about an hr journey.

Nigerians own churches there full of HK women, some of them got Nigerian husbands. They have a particular popular shopping mall there, its full of Nigerians, Indians, Pakistanis. Is like walking into Alaba market. At the same time police round up African immigrants there on daily bases

interesting!!!...and which part of Hong Kong the you visit?
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
@ justwise

i was in Hong Kong in 2007 am just interested in know which part you visited...so which part?
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
@ justwise

i was in Hong Kong in 2007 am just interested in know which part you visited...so which part?

Mid Level/Conduit Road
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by samee72(f): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
[/quote][quote author=justwise]

Mid Level/Conduit Road

@justwise i was in Hongkong in 2007 too also at conduit road mid-levels elegant terrance to be precise could we have stayed at same place and same period? i stayed with a Lady that worked with the Nigeria high commission there, but since then their visa rules have changed that's why i'm asking for info
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
samee72:

@justwise i was in Hongkong in 2007 too also at conduit road mid-levels elegant terrance to be precise could we have stayed at same place and same period? i stayed with a Lady that worked with the Nigeria high commission there, but since then their visa rules have changed that's why i'm asking for info

Hmmmmm...i was there 2009, 36 Elegant Terrance? I think we visited the same place, but i'm not sure if its the same lady
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by samee72(f): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
[/quote][quote author=justwise]

Hmmmmm...i was there 2009, 36 Elegant Terrance? I think we visited the same place, but i'm not sure if its the same lady
@justwise yeah same place 36 Elegant Terrance but not same lady we both left in 2008, i'm considering going back there and probably this time stay there but i need to know how to go about it, at the time i went my friend whom i stayed with was the one who processed my visa from Hong Kong but now things have change one has to go to the chinese embassy
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by wip7: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
samee72:
@justwise yeah same place 36 Elegant Terrance but not same lady we both left in 2008, i'm considering going back there and probably this time stay there but i need to know how to go about it, at the time i went my friend whom i stayed with was the one who processed my visa from Hong Kong but now things have change one has to go to the chinese embassy

I think is easy via the Chinese embassy provided you provide IV letter. I was at Kowloon last year for visiting a company, it takes 4 days for the Chinese embassy to process my Visa (single entry). The company sent me another IV with multiple entry request from the embassy and one year validity. I just dropped my application at the Chinese embassy and they asked me to come back after 2days and i paid 55USD multiple entry. I will be heading down there from 28 this month. So i advise you go via the Chinese embassy and my sticker say Visa type F (HKSAR).
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
samee72:
@justwise yeah same place 36 Elegant Terrance[b] but not same lady we both left in 2008,[/b] i'm considering going back there and probably this time stay there but i need to know how to go about it, at the time i went my friend whom i stayed with was the one who processed my visa from Hong Kong but now things have change one has to go to the chinese embassy

Yes that is true because the family memeber i visited was posted to HK in 2008, probably replaced the lady you went to see.

wip7:

I think is easy via the Chinese embassy provided you provide IV letter. I was at Kowloon last year for visiting a company, it takes 4 days for the Chinese embassy to process my Visa (single entry). The company sent me another IV with multiple entry request from the embassy and one year validity. I just dropped my application at the Chinese embassy and they asked me to come back after 2days and i paid 55USD multiple entry. I will be heading down there from 28 this month. So i advise you go via the Chinese embassy and my sticker say Visa type F (HKSAR).

You are 100%, that was how i got my visa at Chinese embassy in Manchester though with Nigerian passport it took them 15 working days to issue me a visa, cost me 15 pounds then. EU and other country's passport holder get it in 2days or less.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by wip7: 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
justwise:
You are 100%, that was how i got my visa at Chinese embassy in Manchester though with Nigerian passport it took them 15 working days to issue me a visa, cost me 15 pounds then. EU and other country's passport holder get it in 2days or less.

Boss, will u be traveling to HK soon? pls and pls try to visit KOWLOON city or CASTLE PEAK cos they have got great cuisines and flawless chiks(babes)....waow u will love the roasted pigeon and snake wine, you may also have sashimi and snake soup...its the bomb. When are you coming?
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2013
wip7:

Boss, will u be traveling to HK soon? pls and pls try to visit KOWLOON city or CASTLE PEAK cos they have got great cuisines and flawless chiks(babes)....waow u will love the roasted pigeon and snake wine, you may also have sashimi and snake soup...its the bomb. When are you coming?

I will not be visiting HK any soon, the family member i visited then has concluded her 3 yrs assignment and returned back to Nigeria. You could try R66 Revolving Restaurant its in Hopewell Centre, 183 Queens Road East, at 62th floor of that massive building, if tell you more i will spoil the surprise for you but give it a go and experience it yourself.

I visited their madame tussauds and Disney Land, you can also try their ferry tour package, you book for 2hrs journey and eat as much as you want, enjoy live music throughout the journey.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by wip7: 9:28am On Jun 03, 2013
justwise:

I will not be visiting HK any soon, the family member i visited then has concluded her 3 yrs assignment and returned back to Nigeria. You could try R66 Revolving Restaurant its in Hopewell Centre, 183 Queens Road East, at 62th floor of that massive building, if tell you more i will spoil the surprise for you but give it a go and experience it yourself.

I visited their madame tussauds and Disney Land, you can also try their ferry tour package, you book for 2hrs journey and eat as much as you want, enjoy live music throughout the journey.

Ohhh boss i also visited the Disney Land, very awesome..i entered the dragon rollercoaster, i cant forget that big Disney Fountain (its amazing at nite), the lovely runaway rail under the rocky GRIZZLY GULCH (another nice episode). I will try the Revolving Restaurant (HOPEWELL) and see the surprise waiting for me.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
@ justwise

summit this thread for front page please...

https://www.nairaland.com/1312516/reasons-why-should-travel-abroad
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
@ justwise

summit this thread for front page please...

https://www.nairaland.com/1312516/reasons-why-should-travel-abroad

I really don't see that as a front page material
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
justwise:

I really don't see that as a front page material

Interesting...please explain to me what is front page material.....if this can make front page..https://www.nairaland.com/1312278/tiwa-savage-beautiful-pictures-she then this one is definitely front page material.....so summit and lets see if it makes it....
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Interesting...please explain to me what is front page material.....if this can make front page..https://www.nairaland.com/1312278/tiwa-savage-beautiful-pictures-she then this one is definitely front page material.....so summit and lets see if it makes it....

A topic that will generate traffic is a front page material, if your topic gets to front page half of the contributions will be hidden because its going to turn to Home Vs Abroad war of words
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
justwise:

A topic that will generate traffic is a front page material, if your topic gets to front page half of the contributions will be hidden because its going to turn to Home Vs Abroad war of words

I see...Interesting!!!
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? by davidif: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice topic.

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? / Sagamu-bound Lane Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway To Be Closed For 18 Weeks - FRSC / Advice On Visa Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.