Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! (25768 Views)

Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets / Dangote Is 25th World Richest- Forbes / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Ikengawo: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
occam:

We're there already. Most Nigerians are now hustlers, eking out a living in Lagos, Abuja and other major cities. The Oligarchs (Dangote, Adenuga) continue to pile up the billions, politicians stealing, few Oil workers/bankers creating the illusion of an emerging middle class... And the rest? well God help you if you don't have relatives in "obodo oyinbo" to send you money. Last year over $20 billion was remitted from abroad to Nigeria

Tell you remittances is the main reason we don't yet have a massive revolution. FACT

you sound like all of those guys that dropped out of secondary school and now wonder why nobody wants to higher them
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
edited
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
[size=16pt]Bigots, back off !![/size]

Dangote is an inspiration to many.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by tallceejay(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Seriously can't every state in nigeria build at least 3 industries that can employ 10,000 young graduates ?? Den we'll have 108 new industries and wud have employed close to half a million people in Nigeria??! undecided
#Just saying#
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
edited
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Mafking(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
free2ryhme: being the 25th billionaire in the world .. how does dis increase my salary
how will dangote being the 25th richest man in the world increase your salary? But if u would learn from him, ur salary will be increased, pride aside
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by pekelepekele(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
I know some of you will call me names but the truth is that , He's sucking us up . I mean price of cement shouldn't be more than 1000naira per bag embarassed
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
pekelepekele: I know some of you will call me names but the truth is that , He's sucking us up . I mean price of cement shouldn't be more than 1000naira per bag embarassed
you de fear person? It should be 500, if cement is imported from the us, it could be sold for 450 with good profit margin.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by pekelepekele(m): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
blink182: you de fear person? It should be 500, if cement is imported from the us, it could be sold for 450 with good profit margin.

I tire oo and people are here hailing him . Building houses is becoming more difficult and he is getting richer by increasing the price of his products monthly , If you talk now dem go say you dey beef am , I used to buy that same bag of cement at N640 before but even though things have become much more expensive the highest price shouldn't be more than N1000 lipsrsealed ., This can never happen in the states where prices of products are controlled . Lucky guy suck more faster before the right man take the president seat

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
billante: Nigeria economy is booming, Capital market is almost at 2008 highest level, lots of investment are coming into the country in quantum, jobs are being created,lots of billionaires and millionaires are coming up everyday,......inflation single digit,foreign reserve 50 billion dollars,companies yearly results very impressive,

Investments in agriculture,ICT,manufacturing,power sector,have never being this high in nigeria history, and it will soon start trickling down to the masses in massive job opportunities and empowerment.....all these achieved in the worst security situation nigeria has ever been since the civil war! Imagine what it will be when security and power issue is resolved??

And they say GeJ govt is the worst since independence!!?

I agreed with all your assertion but the bolded. Most stocks which were on N5 in 2008 are still below N1 as we speak...

Remember that Dangote cement may not have been listed in 2008 and right now forms more than 25% of total market capitalization.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Okija juju: Okay!!

I change my target from Billion to trillion Dollars.. angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Uwadiegwu1: 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
okpara ugo:

I agreed with all your assertion but the bolded. Most stocks which were on N5 in 2008 are sill below N1 as we speak...

Remember that Dangote cement may not have been listed in 2008 and right now forms more than 25% of total market capitalization.

He only has to live once - Once he dies he will never be buried with Money. He is one those that Nigeria is not good today. Animal
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
Okija juju: Okay!!

I change my target from Billion to trillion Dollars.. angry
Goodluck man. You'll need it.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
delors: baba God! But why isnt this man my uncle? Why na? Why na why why why ??
nairaaland grin grin grin grin grin
no weep again, he is already your 'uncle', u no be naija person?
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: Glade too see my junior brother doing well ABEG WHO GET SUGAR MAKE HE GIVE ME? MAKE I TAKE WACK THIS GARRI
grin grin grin
musKeeto: Hope Nigeria wouldn't end up the way India once was.. A few extremely rich men, no middle class, lots of hustlers...

That is the exact situation in Nigeria right now. Travel along the highways and you see rich citizens travelling in police convoy to protect their lives yet the poor cannot afford 3 square meals or transport fare for molue.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by vicade(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dangote is not a Man. He's a Ministry on his own.

The Import waivers Dangote has had since 1999 proves this. Import waivers in Nigeria are usually done on sabi sabi basis rather than industry wide. I remember Obasanjo giving RCCG import waivers whereas if that was really necessary it should have been targeted towards religious institutions.

The man also has crazy monopoly.He's d John Rockefeller of our era. If he's bored he can increase d price of sugar which will in turn affect d price of confectionaries and other things.

Someone said it all:The Richer Dangote becomes, the less likely we as average nigerians can afford to buy a bag of cement

We actually need about 10 or more dangotes for every industry Dangote group plays in and definitely a level playing ground. If not, he will be the richest man alive in 7 years time.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
dolphinife:

the bolded caption categorically denotes that Dangote also have interestes in all those banks and some set of people are laying claim to the fact that their people are the most entreprising in this country, not knowing that this man called DANGO-DOLLARS owned absolute shares in all these their BANKS and businesses. I DEY LAUGH OOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dont be deceived, Dangote is a wiseman as well as Jim Ovia and Elumelu.

The biggest shareholder in Zenith is Jim Ovia while UBA is Elumelu.

Do you think you can have more shares in Dangote cement than Dangote himslef NO. These are banks that multiply shares like chicken laying eggs and pay dividends like the morning dew.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
vicade: Dangote is not a Man. He's a Ministry on his own.

The Import waivers Dangote has had since 1999 proves this. Import waivers in Nigeria are usually done on sabi sabi basis rather than industry wide. I remember Obasanjo giving RCCG import waivers whereas if that was really necessary it should have been targeted towards religious institutions.

The man also has crazy monopoly.He's d John Rockefeller of our era. If he's bored he can increase d price of sugar which will in turn affect d price of confectionaries and other things.

Someone said it all:The Richer Dangote becomes, the less likely we as average nigerians can afford to buy a bag of cement

We actually need about 10 or more dangotes for every industry Dangote group plays in and definitely a level playing ground. If not, he will be the richest man alive in 7 years time.

Dangote has pushed other cement manufacturers out of business or he is in the process of doing so using stiff competition techniques. His cost saving strategies are enormous but also risky. That is why you see many accidented trailers on the highway belonging to Dangote. Is he the only one that transports cement in trailers in Nigeria.

Moreover, cement is at its lowest price right now and demand is extremely low due to rainy season and low buying power. So getting the customers' demands determines who sells more.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by esanland: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
free2ryhme: make we come die .. abi ?? na wetin sef

e rich pass solo sef.. ?

and solo concludes ""vanity upon vanity all nah vanity""
Jealousy wan kill u. u dey fool urself o if u no get better tin to say make u just keep quiet na
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Gudiza(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
The Richer Dangote becomes, the less likely we as average nigerians can afford to buy a bag of cement
undecided
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by misterh(m): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
solomon111: how much does GEJ have in his account?
Help me ask am o! How much him get for his acct?
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Gudiza(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dangote has pushed other cement manufacturers out of business or he is in the process of doing so using stiff competition techniques

like a jihad undecided wink
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Visocrate(m): 8:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
ALIKO INTERNATIONAL GOD DON DO AM FOR YOU O
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by purplekayc(m): 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nah wah ooo ! 4 dz naija wey we dey? Walk on the streets of logos and you would see a lot of people sleeping under the bridge and even on the roads!
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Please, he is one of the richest men in the world and not the richest black man. I don't know why the media would always try to reduce the achievement of a black man to a continental achievement.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by elari(m): 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
chuksoyo21: How does that translates to food on the table of the common man?
. . . the poor man is already eating his indomie, sugar and using his cement. what else do u need broda? shey make he kari im money come dash u?
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Sanboy25: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Good to hear that a brother has reached so far. cool
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by rman: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
yuzedo: bro alika danny my good guys and grate friend!! i told u dat by d power of Banana Ice land u will made dis forbs list number 1. tenk four laundrying my mony four me and make poeple tink is ur own personal mony. bro dis just d begining. guess wat? were cellybrating toniteeee!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss **putting your waste music by kukere master inside casett playa** tongue

I am begining to find your posts funny
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Galaxydon1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
i wonder if all his money will buy him a good position in heaven or in hell, all na vanity, i dont need too much money dat will make me to forget God and live a life of sin,
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by nke001: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
I must work with the likes of this man.

knowledge is power, applied knowledge is wealth

Aliko Dangote is ma man!
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by BankuTilapia: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
billante: Nigeria economy is booming, Capital market is almost at 2008 highest level,lots of investment are coming into the country in quantum, jobs are being created,lots of billionaires and millionaires are coming up everyday,......inflation single digit,foreign reserve 50 billion dollars,companies yearly results very impressive,

Investments in agriculture,ICT,manufacturing,power sector,have never being this high in nigeria history, and it will soon start trickling down to the masses in massive job opportunities and empowerment.....all these achieved in the worst security situation nigeria has ever been since the civil war! Imagine what it will be when security and power issue is resolved??

And they say GeJ govt is the worst since independence!!?
What is booming is BOKO haram, foooooooooool. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime / How I Am About To Make $100 Million- Aroms Aigbehi / Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.