Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! (25764 Views)

Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets / Dangote Is 25th World Richest- Forbes / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by free2ryhme: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
esanland:
Jealousy wan kill u. u dey fool urself o if u no get better tin to say make u just keep quiet na

why would i be jealous of a man wey no get money pass solo ... grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by 4chi: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
Qrisful: And your Northern parts happens to be the poorest, you are just rich in your house if you can impart the life of your country citizen.

He is from KANO. A place with far better economic significance than where you come from and to where your people are daily trooping into. Dimwit.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
4chi:

He is from KANO. A place with far better economic significance than where you come from and to where your people are daily trooping into. Dimwit.
That is a joke, my friend. I am told Kano is very dirty and houseflies are found everywhere disturbing, in the restaurants and hotels. How is that now better?
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Sweetlemon(f): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
delors: baba God! But why isnt this man my uncle? Why na? Why na why why why ??
No be only you dey cry dear. I'm crying a river here
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
solomon111: I don't Nigeria will be like that.
We currently have the largest middle class in africa.

Well, the average size of the middle class in African countries will determine whether that's enough to feel good about, won't it? smiley
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sweetlemon:
No be only you dey cry dear. I'm crying a river here
*Shake my head*
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by free2ryhme: 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
all4naija: *Shake my head*

hope the head no go fall ooo
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by carlos1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
free2ryhme: make we come die .. abi ?? na wetin sef

e rich pass solo sef.. ?

and solo concludes ""vanity upon vanity all nah vanity""

take ur jealousy n bitterness elsewhere bro
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by Emmy9ite(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
The richest man is the one who solves high value problem for high paying clients. That's the secret of his wealth.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by waja(m): 4:20am On Jun 05, 2013
He's simply the best. Bringing home, his companies makes me to like him. I wish him success.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by naptu2: 6:52am On Jun 05, 2013
The Dantata/Dangote family have always been involved in charity work. However these deeds often go unnoticed, because of the family's principles of maintaining privacy and lack of flamboyance.

Al-Hassan Dantata was passionate about education. He backed the establishment of a western style school in the Dala area for hausa (I.e non-fulani) traders' children in the 1930s and established the Dantata english and arabic school in 1944. The Dantata Memorial School

Mariya Dangote (Aliko Dangote's mother) built and donated a hospital, which she built at Rijiya Lemu, to the Kano State Government in 2003.

Aliko Dangote has made the following charitable contributions. 2.5 billion naira to the national fund for flood victims in 2012. 430 million naira to Kogi flood victims. 100 million naira to Sokoto flood victims. $2 million to Pakistan's flood victims. 120 million naira to fight famine in Niger. 600 million naira to women empowerment and free school feeding schemes in Kano State. 500 student capacity hall at Kano State University. 10 million naira annual scholarship for Benue students. $2 million to African Young Leaders fellowship in conjunction with the Forum For Young Global Leaders. $1 million towards education and women empowerment in Tanzania. And many more

He established the Dangote Foundation which is the philanthropic arm of the dangote Group where yearly he spends millions for worthy causes such as contributions to educational and healthcare institutions, sinking of boreholes and giving of scholarships.

He also established the Dangote Academy.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by naptu2: 7:39am On Jun 05, 2013
The following wealthy families are also related to, or close associates with the Dantata/Dangote family.

Isyaku Rabiu (textiles, sewing machines, beverages, real estate, crude oil, etc). This billionaire was arrested by the Buhari regime for hoarding (some people also accused Al-Hassan Dantata of and even Aliko Dangote of hoarding). The Rabiu family is also from Kano.

Abdulsamad Isyaku Rabiu (BUA Group - sugar, cement, ports concessioning, shipping, real estate, edible oil, crude oil and gas, flour, etc). This billionaire is the son of the legendary Isyaku Rabiu and one of the wealthiest men in Nigeria today.

Other members of the Rabiu family include Nafiu Rabiu and Rabiu Rabiu.

The Indimi Family: Mohammed Indimi is ranked by Forbes as the 27th richest man in Africa (2012 rannkings). He is the founder and chairman of Oriental Energy Resources (an oil and gas company). The Indimi family is from Borno State.

Other members of the Indimi Family include Ibrahim Indimi, Yakolo Indimi and Adama Indimi.
Re: Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! by anuoro: 4:56am On Jun 07, 2013
Ride on sir Dangote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Am About To Make $100 Million- Aroms Aigbehi / FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime / CBN Writes Banks On Implementation Of Naira Re-Design Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.