Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,582 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? (2112 Views)

Things A Typical Yoruba When Say When Igbo Attack And Do Not Attack Hausas. / Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 03, 2013
There have been so many "If" as regards the dissolution of Nigeria. I am sure it is going to be a case of 'To your tenth oh Israel!".

When the Yoruba hold conventions they invite(solicitated or unsolicitated) the Itshekiri of the Niger Delta. The Important questions are these?-

Do the Itshekiri share the same kinship sentiments with the Yoruba?

Did the Itshekiri migrate from Yoruba or the Yoruba from Itshekiri?, Will they join Oduduwa-land? or will they ask for their own country?

These questions are really begging for answers..can anyone help with salient answers?
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 03, 2013
Stop worrying and let the time comes.The yoruba nation is too big to be begging other ethnic groups to join them.If anybody willingly accept to join,they are highly welcomed and will be gratefully accepted into the fold.

Trust me if you conduct a referendum today,I tell you most people would declare their loyalty to the Yorubas.We don't force people to align with us because of their resources ! cool
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 12:54am On Jun 03, 2013
what do you think, are itsekiri , igbo people or Yoruba people. they are related to yoruba
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by AndreUweh(m): 1:11am On Jun 03, 2013
It will be a waste of time thinking that Itsekiris will ever join up with the Yorubas. They rejected the Yorubas in 1963 and will still do it again.

3 Likes

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Yeske2(m): 2:36am On Jun 03, 2013
I believe the Itshekiri will gladly go with their SS folks.
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 2:56am On Jun 03, 2013
what are itsekiri and uhrobo speaking in this music. Yoruba.. you want me to show you more.. what song did think Tiwa savage doing in this picture in warri. Yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuCr-PStkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STovfb-alY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbg2UVb7qFk

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 3:01am On Jun 03, 2013
who is this.. Eku edewor. do you know the meaning of eku in itsekiri.? she is itsekiri she is good looking. fine woman.

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by dayokanu(m): 3:04am On Jun 03, 2013
Itsekiri can go on their own if they wish and if they decide to join their Yoruba kindred, they are welcome
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 3:04am On Jun 03, 2013
who is majority in this picture?

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 3:07am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 3:26am On Jun 03, 2013
they are both very good looking woman, twin. the edewor twin.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MYaEVWbKJHw/UDdcfJ5z6pI/AAAAAAAAAho/Q8nNM5BZhDo/s1600/Kessiana-and-Eku+Edewor.jpg[/img]
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by CyberG: 3:45am On Jun 03, 2013
Another Ibo man who wants to stir up ethnic strife? Why worry about the Itshekiris when Ibos have way too many problems, many almost permanently unsolvable? I don't speak for the Yorubas but if any people had to go with an accommodating and prosperous people, they would choose Yorubas anyday over ibos! Plus, I have never seen the Yorubas claim any other people because of their resources! The ibos on the other hand are always trying to claim the SS because of their oil and using their larger numbers to lord it over them in their land!
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 03, 2013
Me I'm more worried if the free born will go with the Osu when the Eastern Region is finally a Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by OneNaira6: 4:01am On Jun 03, 2013
A big fat No. Every deltan knows that. during the declaration of midwest, the itesiri were among those that fought for the creation of midwest and even voted for it. why you think some SS laughs whenever Yoruba claims their territories stretches to warri. Though i consider the iteskiri yoruba due to similar culture and all, one thing i know is they don't see themselves as such. Even on youtube during that rep Nigeria or whatever it was called saga, one of the girls that did a video was iteskiri and i remembered when asked of ethnicity, she said "I'm iteskiri. we are minority group. not Yoruba, not Igbo, not Hausa". i consider them Yoruba but i don't dare say it to their faces though. when the country breaks, i see the iteskiri joining urhobo/isoko and edo than SW to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by OneNaira6: 4:09am On Jun 03, 2013
musiwa26: who is this.. Eku edewor. do you know the meaning of eku in itsekiri.? she is itsekiri she is good looking. fine woman.

i thought she's from edo state.
you know technically she's not even suppose to considered Nigerian. her Nigerian heritage is from her mom. her dad is the white one in the family. her full name is Georgina Eku Edewor-Thorley
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 5:56am On Jun 03, 2013
which vote during the creation of mid west. who conducted the vote.. the East and North conducted the voting. does this satellite pictures look like they used the voting. NO. they just put figures there. why do you think they send Enahoro, alfred rewane to jail. because they wanted to ring the vote and other issue.

what happen then was zik ( igbo) wanted to remove the queen of england as the head of state of nigeria. that he should become the head of state and the west was oppose to it , so he send them to jail and with the help of some northerners he divided the west into 2. which was illegal. and that vote did not count.. because the satellite pictures show otherwise.. that it was false figure.

To show the type of person he was , he plan a coup with the help of his cousin and killed the premier minister and others . even Ojukwu who was his brother (igbo) during the biafra war, he collected money for weapon and ran to england and many of his igbo people were murder because he did not care for anyone but only himself.
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 6:03am On Jun 03, 2013
edewor is an itsekiri name, if she was in ilaja, they will write it as , aduwo. but means the same. Eku Edewor is nigerian, i like her, i know i will meet her someday. when i come to nigeria.
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2013
The only reason..the Yoruba claim itshekiri as theirs is because of the "oyel" in warri...won ma needi epo yen gan! grin. lmao

1 Like

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 03, 2013
Well i trust warri sha..them no dey carry last...dem no dey sleep on bike...The way dem go take pursue dem?...dem go hear am
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 03, 2013
kingoflag: Me I'm more worried if the free born will go with the Osu when the Eastern Region is finally a Republic.
They are already together....you should be more concerned about illorin...your epitome of monumental cowardice...how do you hope to retrieve it from Dan fodio's matchete grabbing-cum-bomb manufacturing progenies up north?.
grin

1 Like

Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2013
kingoflag: Me I'm more worried if the free born will go with the Osu when the Eastern Region is finally a Republic.
You might need Okoro help...don't worry I'll teach you how to make ogbunigwe grin
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2013
This is not the same as ikwerre and SE, no bad blood between itshekiris and SW!
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2013
dozzybaba: You might need Okoro help...don't worry I'll teach you how to make ogbunigwe grin

Any alliance with biafrans is a big NO !
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Any alliance with biafrans is a big NO !
I was talking about helping you liberate your kins in illorin, kabba from the clutches of aboki na. Intelligence reports says Ibadan might be the next emirate in yorubaland. grin
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2013
django1: This is not the same as ikwerre and SE, no bad blood between itshekiris and SW!

Then why did they vote to become Midwest. Mind you i'm also from delta. Ol boy..the average warri man do not think yoru-yoru. grin
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
was there oil in nigeria in 1960.. nigeria had no oil in 1960. asari dokubo you have to know is a drop out from school..
Ayo Gbesimi Emiko was olu of warri before the present olu of war seju Emiko . why is the title olu of warri.

olusegun obasanjo. olu segun obasanjo

asari dokubo is a drop out. who did not go to school.

kwara is mostly yoruba. kogi alot of yoruba.
Re: Will Itshekiris Join The Yoruba When Nigeria Disintegrates.? by musiwa26: 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
most of the people ruling them are not too book smart. more of them are mumu.. look at this, this is how they got away with it.

Azikiwe Ebele (igbo name) Jonathan President
Alechenu Mark Alechenu(igbo name) Senate President
Ike Ekweremadu (igbo name) Deputy Senate President
Chukwuemeka Ihedioha (igbo name) Deputy Speaker

you see nigeria politician dont know their left from their right. you have to know nigeria has many languages. so they dont understand each other. i speak many africa languages. why do you think they are blowing up themself. ?

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't We Start Up A Revolution To End Massive Corruption In Nigeria? / Jonathan Responds To Obasanjo’s Plot To Install Northern President In 2015 ! / Redeemed General Overseer Anointed Ogbeni Rauf For Second Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.