Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It (1502 Views)

Help: Canadian Embassy Ask Me To Write A Touching Story B4 I Wil B Given Visa / I Need Ur Advice B4 I Do Something Funny / The Truth About Bank Pay In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 03, 2013
Goodday, recently, I got an offer from a company in Lagos(Agbara) the salary is 40k and the only place I can stay is at Alagbado. My friends said I should reject the offer because of the cost of transportation from Alagbado to Agbara.
I want to ask what it will cost to go from Alagbado to Agbara daily?
Should I accept the offer? presently am jobless (finished NYSC feb this year).
Pls advice me I don't stay in Lagos.
Thanks.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
am waiting for your kind advice o.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by ayokenny37(m): 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Bro its very daisy ooo

Apart from transport, do u knw d stress u will go thru frm alagbado to agabra its 2 lagos extremes.

Advice

If u can get somewhere closer fine to gather experience.

If not start n see ow it will b for like 1 mnth then u will take a decision urself

Chigo@god:
Goodday, recently, I got an offer from a company in Lagos(Agbara) the salary is 40kand the only place I can stay is at Alagbado. My friends said I should reject the offer because of the cost of transportation from Alagbado to Agbara.
I want to ask what it will cost to go from Alagbado to Agbara daily?
Should I accept the offer? presently am jobless (finished NYSC feb this year).
Pls advice me I don't stay in Lagos.
Thanks.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by straneur(m): 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Bro Algbara is Ogun State and its just too far from Alagbado. 40k no go reach, I once stay at Alagbado and know Agbara well
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by ecolime(m): 7:47am On Jun 04, 2013
Get an apartment at Ijanikin (Otto). I lived around that place for a year during my school days. The houses there are very cheap and it's less than #40 to Agbara. As a recent ex-corper, you really need both the experience and the salary (for sustenance). All the best.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2013
@straneur pls how much do think i might be spending daily for transport? I want to stay in alagbado for a month b4 relocating.

@ecolime do you know the price range for an apartment there?
Tx
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by leenu11: 9:23am On Jun 04, 2013
ecolime: Get an apartment at Ijanikin (Otto). I lived around that place for a year during my school days. The houses there are very cheap and it's less than #40 to Agbara. As a recent ex-corper, you really need both the experience and the salary (for sustenance). All the best.

^^^ Best advice here. You can stay in Alagbado for the first month to see, while you seek accommodation close to the office. You can leave home early everyday to avoid traffic.
NEVER give up on something before even trying!
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by ecolime(m): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2013
Chigo@god:
@straneur pls how much do think i might be spending daily for transport? I want to stay in alagbado for a month b4 relocating.

@ecolime do you know the price range for an apartment there?
Tx
I stayed in a single room and such types were around #800 monthly back then (2006). Can't really say the price range for 2 bedroom flats and a room self contained but they shouldn't exceed 4,000 per month. House rents in Nigeria are very dynamic and the cost of their apartments might have really changed because it's been long I left there. Just find a day to go there yourself and make full enquiries.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 05, 2013
ecolime:
I stayed in a single room and such types were around #800 monthly back then (2006). Can't really say the price range for 2 bedroom flats and a room self contained but they shouldn't exceed 4,000 per month. House rents in Nigeria are very dynamic and the cost of their apartments might have really changed because it's been long I left there. Just find a day to go there yourself and make full enquiries.
am not in Lagos. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by simple2004(m): 8:29am On Jun 08, 2013
it will cost btw #700-#1100 for to nd fro. prices of tp in lagos depends on d time of d day. i.e from kolinton/ait area to iyana ipaja thru igando to iyana iba to agbara. there is shortcut @ iba estate bt im not familiar w d@. take d offer it'll pay
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by aieromon(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2013
Accept the job offer and try to look for accomodation between Ijanikin and Agbara. Housing is pretty decent there.

Get your necessary hands on-the-job experience before you consider looking for another.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by Double27: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
#700-#1100 on TP will it be that much? That means everything will go on TP na.
@OP use your brain.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
pls wot do you mean by use ur brain?
tx @all.
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by AjanleKoko: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2013
Someone who didn't go to school would have found a way to make that job work. undecided
Re: Are They Telling Me The Truth? Help B4 I Regret It by joleram(m): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
ayo_kenny37: Bro its very daisy ooo

Apart from transport, do u knw d stress u will go thru frm alagbado to agabra its 2 lagos extremes.

Advice

If u can get somewhere closer fine to gather experience.

If not start n see ow it will b for like 1 mnth then u will take a decision urself

I think You can go. At lease that money is ok than staying at home doing nothing or are you not tired staying at home? Pls be wise.

(1) (Reply)

Big Data And Hadoop Training Kit / Images From Nigerian Army Recruitment Exercise @ Ikeja Cantonment Today. / (Career Development Overseas) Nigerian As Non-native To Vietnam,English Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.