Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,547 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Night Of Horror 2 (best Friend Episode) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Night Of Horror 2 (best Friend Episode) (802 Views)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Seed Of Horror / My Escapades With My Best Friend's Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Night Of Horror 2 (best Friend Episode) by Abisoyee(m): 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
I had totally recovered from the gunshot wound that I sustained during my night date with Rachael not knowing that this day was going to hold another horrible experience for me. School was unbelievably dull and I was bored out of my mind, it was a lecture free day and I just wanted to go out badly and luckily for me, the same was applicable to my best friend, Andy.
The whole incident started around 3:30pm when we decided to call one of our good friends, Joe. Joe was the kind of guy that there was never a dull moment around and he was the best option for us to call since we were itching to have fun. Andy dialled his number and sure enough he said there was a party going on at Festac and that we could come join him; he also said Funsho (one of our friends we hadn’t seen in a while was with him). It wasn’t such a good idea, not only was Festac too far for starters, we weren’t too boxed up to go such a far distance. Andy tried to reason with me but I wasn’t having any of it, I was in party mood and was not going to let anything spoil my opportunity of having one. As if reading our minds, Joe promised to pay our bills and said we could get a straight taxi back to school. Andy was of the opinion that it was too late to set out to Festac from University of Lagos (Unilag) but I wasn’t hearing none of it, I took his hand and practically dragged him to the Campus Shuttle and our journey began.
Mother Nature herself was against our outing because just as the bus drove out of school, heaven let down its fury and a heavy downpour began. Andy looked at me with that ‘I told you so’ look in his eyes but I flashed him an engaging smile and he was forced to smile back. We disembarked from the bus and entered another; an old, smelly, rickety bus that I found annoying because it was leaky and water kept dripping on my lap. After what seemed like an eternity, we got to our bus-stop with no sign of the rain abating and we were forced to enter. We had agreed to meet Joe at a particular place but he wasn’t at the rendezvous. As if to show her displeasure with us, the rain increased in force and within minutes we were soaked. My bubble began to quiver a little as the time was 6:25pm by now and we were standing there in the rain with no money to take us both back to school and no Joe in sight. We started making frantic phone calls and he kept giving excuses about where he was. I started to shiver because the area we were was famous for its robbery stories and I was beginning to question the sanity of the whole journey. We were drenched already so the party wasn’t going to be rocking as I had earlier thought, I tried to distract Andy who was silently fuming but he was having none of it, he only talked when Joe finally arrived about 45 minutes later and it was to rebuke Joe for having kept.
We set out on the second part of our journey but we were unable to get a taxi because of the heavy downpour and we were forced to start trekking. We had been walking for about ten minutes when we suddenly heard heavy footsteps behind us and like a scene from a movie; six hefty and mean looking men were surrounding us. Two of them were wielding a gun while the remaining four brandished a cutlass and in a guttural voice one of them asked us to quietly bring out our valuables. Andy’s shivering metamorphosed into a full out wailing and he started bawling like a baby. They ordered him to keep quiet but he just kept at it, joining his tears with the torrents of the rain. Angrily one of the men dealt him a slap, and he spun round before falling to the ground holding his cheeks. They started kicking him mercilessly and I cried out, I dropped to the ground and protected his body with mine. The first booted leg hit me in the stomach with a dull thud and pain coursed through my body. The blows and kicks kept on coming and at a point I lost consciousness; I came around with Andy and Joe hovering over me. Andy’s face was bleeding while Joe seemed to have fared the best of us though his Armani shirt was stained with blood, they lifted me up and I realized I could barely walk, I had to rely on them for support and that’s when I noticed Andy was limping as well.
We walked to the guest house where Joe said he was lodged at a very slow pace with my whole body aching over. Without a word, Joe put us in a waiting taxi and paid the cab driver. My BlackBerry phone was gone and so was Andy’s iPhone 5 plus his gold chain that his uncle had given him just about a month ago for his birthday and his pure silver wristwatch.
We got back to school around 11pm, without a word Andy handed me a note he had been writing in the taxi and limped away. I supported myself against a pillar outside the hostel and unfolded the paper. He had written:
“We were set up; we lost our valuables while Joe lost nothing plus I just remembered that Funsho is not in the country, he went for his brother’s wedding in Canada last week according to his girlfriend.”
I still suffer from the pain of that beating and have the bruises healing to remind me of the painful memories of that night. Andy and I are not talking terms because of the episode but really am I the only one to blame?

http://poshkidcharming./2013/06/03/night-of-horror-2-best-friend-episode/

Posted by Poshkid Charming: Writer and Presenter. kindly drop your replies, comments and suggestions. Follow at @PrinceTeardrop

(1) (Reply)

OH / :D / Following The Savior's Path and other poems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.