Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:47 AM

Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt (4806 Views)

For Criticising Aregbesola, Thugs Attack Newspaper Readers At Newsstand / I’ve Received Threats For Criticising Buhari — Sheik Gumi / Edo Assembly Suspends LG Boss Over Illegal Trip Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by lekanolas: 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
Katsina State House of Assembly has suspended its Minority Leader, Hon. Abdullahi Mahuta (CPC, Malumfashi), for accusing it of failing to perform its duties.

The suspension followed the interview Mahuta granted one of the national dailies where he accused the Assembly of not performing its functions.

The minority leader had criticised the state government over a budget implementation that was far below average.

Mahuta said the state achieved a meagre 37 per cent budget implementation because the state House of Assembly failed to perform its functions.

He said the lawmakers defeated the essence of democracy as they were supposed to checkmate excesses of the state governor but had failed to do so.

However, the Assembly, which is currently on recess, reconvened yesterday and suspended the minority leader.

The motion to discuss Mahuta’s interview was moved by Hon. Aliyu Iliyasu (Batsari, PDP) under ‘matter of urgent public importance’.

The motion received majority support from the lawmakers, who criticised Muhata’s interview.

The Assembly then referred the matter to its Ethics and Privileges Committee for further investigation and directed that Mahuta remained suspended, pending the outcome of the investigation.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/katsina-assembly-suspends-cpc-lawmaker-for-criticising-govt/
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by chaloner(m): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
i think its time to remove this CPC from political party

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Babaskool7: 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
Only in naija would someone be suspended for saying the obvious.

6 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by chaloner(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
what did you think

1 Like

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by emekatimsu(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Am sure by the time hs is called back from his suspension he will have learnt one or two lessons on how not to talk carelessly to the press.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
Is this an offense? Was he saying the truth or not? It's a criticism that they can reject.
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Is Nigeria truly practicing democracy? Are people no longer entitled to make contrary comments anymore. Why suspend a lawmaker for voicing out his opinion? If he said that the state governor was able to achieve 37% of the budget, is it not for the executive arm of government to prove that he is wrong? What has the legislature got to do with this? Possibly they feel they have been indicted. If so, so what? Then they should prove their colleague wrong. There is no doubt that Nigeria has turned into a banana republic - so much unnecessary show of power and political rascaldom.

11 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by stonemind(f): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
jst made frnt page for d 1st time in history!!! meanwhile i'v already put a party on to cellebrate this..........
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by slimfit1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
At last someone knows what his main job is, it's a shame the rest didn't.
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by doncaster(m): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
The "progressives".
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by takedat(m): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
chaloner: i think its time to remove this CPC from political party
I think its time Seun removed dumb commentators from nairaland! Even after he stated the obvious truth, all you could do is to besmirch his political leaning!

8 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by lacasa: 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
And this is what Nigeria has turned to.

Criticise an Inept govt and be treated like a criminal.

#... Nigerian's threshold for mis-governance is huge

(i sorry-sorry o, i sorry for nigeria) under pdp

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by tatosh: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
emekatimsu: Am sure by the time hs is called back from his suspension he will have learnt one or two lessons on how not to talk carelessly to the press.

Wow! Is this realy your opinion? Would you rather he kept quiet while the government was being oblivious of its duties? Says a lot about what kind of person you are ; crooked I guess. Shame on you!!

This PDP party is just an omen, they don't even seem to have any member that means well for the country in any state. They are all rouges nd dogs

SOLUTION: No to PDP, No to cluelessness come 2015

5 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
oludyke: Is Nigeria truly practicing democracy? Are people no longer entitled to make contrary comments anymore. Why suspend a lawmaker for voicing out his opinion? If he said that the state governor was able to achieve 37% of the budget, is it not for the executive arm of government to prove that he is wrong? What has the legislature got to do with this? Possibly they feel they have been indicted. If so, so what? Then they should prove their colleague wrong. There is no doubt that Nigeria has turned into a banana republic - so much unnecessary show of power and political rascaldom.

Democracy doesn't give anyone the authority to talk nonsense. A British boy as banned from entering the USA for calling obama a punk doesn't the US and UK practice the so called democracy?
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by takedat(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by texazzpete(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
emekatimsu: Am sure by the time hs is called back from his suspension he will have learnt one or two lessons on how not to talk carelessly to the press.

gboss4sure:

Democracy doesn't give anyone the authority to talk nonsense. A British boy as banned from entering the USA for calling obama a punk doesn't the US and UK practice the so called democracy?

Someday, when you two cretins grow up and have kids, I hope you'll be able to answer them when they ask you why nigeria is so backward.
The man is an opposition lawmaker. Criticizing his colleagues commitment to budget implementation is not exactly unethical.

Only 37% budget implementation...this sort of thing is why the North remains under-developed and poverty stricken youths there remain ripe candidates for the likes of Boko Haram. Instead of recoiling with outrage, you lot are cheering this on!

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Demdem(m): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Am proud of this cpc law maker. More of him is needed.

7 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by chris365(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
And this is the party that is promising a better Nigeria!! sanctioning a member for criticisms. well am not surprised cos same goes to ACN.
A party that it's members dare not criticize their leaders is what some people are praying to take over from PDP.
A party that it's leader has nothing to show but extremist and tribalism tendencies,
Though i never liked PDP, but i'll queue in the rain to vote for them against this nonsense APC.
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by klax(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
That party caleed CPC(Congress Party of Criticism) is a complete confusing party. Their second is criticism they have gone to a point that anyone who do not careful and follow CPC the peson will ends up be confused like them and even ends up become a "Sadist"

Anything good to CPC is bad, anything right to CPC is wrong even anything wrong is wrong to CPC, everything in their own WORLD is wrong and bad that is CPC way of proving opposition thereby making the party so childish and silly indeed.

Its yet time for CPC to be thrashed out and become a non existing party because I dont know what a hell they stand for or what a hell is their mision. "Purely a Sadist Party"
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by brownlord: 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
I fit sware for my papa grave if this law maker hand clean, after u don share money u come form innocenty useless leaders, abeg make i continue dey sama my kpekere with my alomo
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Librate(m): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
a good move
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Keneeby(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Please let the truth be told. I pity the man he is just a minority
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by ahidjo: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
klax: That party caleed CPC(Congress Party of Criticism) is a complete confusing party. Their second is criticism they have gone to a point that anyone who do not careful and follow CPC the peson will ends up be confused like them and even ends up become a "Sadist"

Anything good to CPC is bad, anything right to CPC is wrong even anything wrong is wrong to CPC, everything in their own WORLD is wrong and bad that is CPC way of proving opposition thereby making the party so childish and silly indeed.

Its yet time for CPC to be thrashed out and become a non existing party because I dont know what a hell they stand for or what a hell is their mision. "Purely a Sadist Party"

Only a dare-devil criminal can write this thoughtless trash. Nigeria is truly irredeemable with minds like this. What a cursed country.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by omeiz93: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
How would a govt sit up if there is no critisism, just because u are in d opposition u shud seal ur mouth wen things are going d wrong way, govt has every ryt to deny wat ds man has said, why are u suspending an elected member for airing his opinion and we are clamouring for development, how on earth would ds state grows. God delivers all of them.
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Delafruita(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
chris365: And this is the party that is promising a better Nigeria!! sanctioning a member for criticisms. well am not surprised cos same goes to ACN.
A party that it's members dare not criticize their leaders is what some people are praying to take over from PDP.
A party that it's leader has nothing to show but extremist and tribalism tendencies,
Though i never liked PDP, but i'll queue in the rain to vote for them against this nonsense APC.
perhaps you should realise what minority leader means.the CPC is in the minority in katsina,the PDP is the majority.its the PDP lawmakers that suspended the CPC lawmaker for criticising government
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by christ4mi(f): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
chris365: And this is the party that is promising a better Nigeria!! sanctioning a member for criticisms. well am not surprised cos same goes to ACN.
Mumu, always thinking with his nyash
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
Is Katsina state practising democracy or dictatorship. Members of Katsina state house of assembly are a disappointment to themselves, their people and to democracy they swore to uphold. Are they doing that to impress the Governo becos he probably gives them money? It means there should be no dissenting voice in Katsina state - everybody must speak in goverment language and there should be no freedom of speech, even by elected legislators. I weep for Katsina.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by abacus(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
PDP is killing opposition. Way forward please, danger ahead.

For your information, nothing is happening in SOE states, it's all fable and propaganda.
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by chris365(m): 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
christ4mi:
Mumu, always thinking with his nyash

And you think your response proves otherwise undecided
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by obinoral(m): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
carelessly or saying the truth?
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by kross01(m): 6:55am On Jun 05, 2013
u need not prove to everyone u have low ability to comprehend. Must you display ur disability hia?
On the other hand, PDP in katsina are a bunch of misfits, though i'm not totally absolving the CPC lawmaker for publicly indicting a house he is a member of.
Re: Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt by ATMCARD2(m): 8:56am On Jun 05, 2013
lekanolas: Katsina State House of Assembly has suspended its Minority Leader, Hon. Abdullahi Mahuta (CPC, Malumfashi), for accusing it of failing to perform its duties.

The suspension followed the interview Mahuta granted one of the national dailies where he accused the Assembly of not performing its functions.

The minority leader had criticised the state government over a budget implementation that was far below average.

Mahuta said the state achieved a meagre 37 per cent budget implementation because the state House of Assembly failed to perform its functions.

He said the lawmakers defeated the essence of democracy as they were supposed to checkmate excesses of the state governor but had failed to do so.

However, the Assembly, which is currently on recess, reconvened yesterday and suspended the minority leader.

The motion to discuss Mahuta’s interview was moved by Hon. Aliyu Iliyasu (Batsari, PDP) under ‘matter of urgent public importance’.

The motion received majority support from the lawmakers, who criticised Muhata’s interview.

The Assembly then referred the matter to its Ethics and Privileges Committee for further investigation and directed that Mahuta remained suspended, pending the outcome of the investigation.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/katsina-assembly-suspends-cpc-lawmaker-for-criticising-govt/
.Am nt supriz coz anytin wey snake born must b long.D man is fllwing d step of his master BUHARI.Always talking carelessly.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Pics Of The Victims Of The Quds Day Massacre In Zaria Killed by Soldiers / Just Imagine What These Corpers Are Doing(pic) / Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.