Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested (8793 Views)

Planned Attack On Jonathan's Home Busted, 5 Arrested / One Dead, 11 Injured In APC Campaign Auto Crash In Edo / Police, MASSOB Clash In Onitsha Leaves One Person Dead, Several Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by gbanikiti(m): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2013
NNEWI — No fewer than 11 members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, were yesterday at Nnobi and Awka-Etiti communities, Idemili South Local Government Areas of Anambra State, allegedly shot and injured by the police in a bid to disrupt their June 8 sit-at-home rally. Five others were arrested.

According to sources, the MASSOB members were in a rally at the said communities to create awareness on the need to observe June 8 sit-at-home in commemoration of six Igbo killed by the Police at Apo village, Abuja, EzuRiver, Amansea, AnambraState and others killed by Boko Haram.

Reacting to the development in a telephone chat, MASSOB’s Deputy Director of Information, Mazi Chris Mocha, accused the security operatives, especially the police, of killing MASSOB members fighting for the actualization of a sovereign state of Biafra.

According to Mocha, “the police also took away MASSOB laptop system, N8,000 and arrested Jude Ochi, Nnamdi Ezeaka, Nelson Ugboh, Ifeanyi Eboh and others”.

Also reacting, Prince Ohaegbulem Jude of the Lagos state branch of MASSOB regretted that Igbos have been marginalized, intimidated and made to be second class citizens in a country where they are part and parcel of.

According to him, “this sit-at-home billed for June 8, 2013 is unstoppable despite the intimidations, arrests, shootings and harassments from the security operatives, Yoruba and the Hausa.”

The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Emeka Chukwuemeka confirmed the incident and hinted that two DPOs led the operation but denied the allegation that some members were shot by the police.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/11-injured-5-arrested-as-police-massob-clash-in-anambra/
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by gbanikiti(m): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2013
Can't these policemen leave MASSOB and go after Ombatse killers who massacred their men like chickens ? Ndi ara! angry

7 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Kingslaw(m): 9:37am On Jun 05, 2013
Since they are not armed,lazy police men will always prove to be working.

3 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by AK481(m): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2013
thats the problem,uwazurike is massob's problem.he is turned massob and its members into money making industry.massob under uwazurike should go and sit down.

what is worth doing,is worth doing well,if you want to seceed,the leader must not be afraid to loose its life,you must not only be ready for war but also a symbol for war.today people are even begging boko haram to go and get their republic and they re saying no! 'we want to islamatise you and make you our slaves" massob is rallying peacefully doing a right thing,reminding people abt the loss of their brother to the bk crises,yet they are being shot.even an asari dokubo is more feared the the billionaie uwazurike.

cowards,keep quiets bt if you must talk,talk loud and dont grumble

4 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Donian007: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2013
My brothers wanyo wanyo!
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by 50calibre(m): 11:35am On Jun 05, 2013
If haven't seen a force as incompetent as the Nigerian police, they chase rats while their house burns. Why don't they invest their time and resources into tackling the many rebel groups operating in Nigeria instead of attacking a harmless movement.

Fo*olish police

3 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by jnoz23(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2013
Make massob just go hide demself! Barking puppies

2 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2013
gbanikiti: Can't these policemen leave MASSOB and go after Ombatse killers who massacred their men like chickens ? Ndi ara! angry
Well,MASSOAP are more matured terrorist(though the weakest) and need to be dealt with for their act of cowardice.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Evanisgud(f): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2013
AK 48: thats the problem,uwazurike is massob's problem.he is turned massob and its members into money making industry.massob under uwazurike should go and sit down.

what is worth doing,is worth doing well,if you want to seceed,the leader must not be afraid to loose its life,you must not only be ready for war but also a symbol for war.today people are even begging boko haram to go and get their republic and they re saying no! 'we want to islamatise you and make you our slaves" massob is rallying peacefully doing a right thing,reminding people abt the loss of their brother to the bk crises,yet they are being shot.even an asari dokubo is more feared the the billionaie uwazurike.

cowards,keep quiets bt if you must talk,talk loud and dont grumble
Clap for ur self, Coward u have lost ur sences.

1 Like

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by AssoJnr: 11:43am On Jun 05, 2013
gbanikiti: Can't these policemen leave MASSOB and go after Ombatse killers who massacred their men like chickens ? Ndi ara! angry
y would they leave Massob, are they not part of those constituting nuisance to the society

1 Like

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by chuksme(m): 11:45am On Jun 05, 2013
I advise all Massob members to handle guns. Time has reached. no more peaceful demonstration. useless Nigeria police is using you people to show that they are working. Can they try these to Niger Delta guys or Boko boys. Because those guys are using gun and force.

Nigeria police hate peaceful movements and cannot stand violent guys. being peaceful will surely put you guys massob in danger. Please, my advice to you guys is to embrace gun.

3 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2013
Is massob helping or harming Igbos? I have been asking myself this question for years and have come to the conclusion that they are harming us more than they are helping us. We need something that unites us, not a divisive, extortionist organisation that is barking without biting.

This group raised the hopes of all Igbos when it was formed. When Uwazuruike was arrested, the nation of Igboland stood up as one and protested and he was released. But over the years, apart from raising flags, releasing nonsense statements, disturbing peaceful fellow kinsmen and generally serving as shooting practice targets for nigerian armed forces, they have not done a single useful thing for Igboland.

It's time I stopped feeling sorry for them.

4 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ril19(m): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2013
lately i don't even understand what strategy MASSOB is using or what they are actually doing to actualise their aim. Uwazuruike is hardly heard of and heard from these days.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2013
this is a great act of wickedness by the Nigeria police. Its unacceptable to us

1 Like

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by coputa(m): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2013
MASSOB is now the wiping boy of the FG,...uwazuruike is a true reflection of an average igbo man,he makes noise everywhere without any appreciable result..

2 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by uOhamsyahooc: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2013
Pls let police leave massive alone and face their business. Again for God sake cn FG pardon to their plea.thanks
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ACM10: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Whenever Nigerian officials, operatives or their security agents does a dirty job, they will use an Igbo spokesman to do damage control. I have observed this trend in SSS, Police, Sanusi, and others. The question is, why do some Igbos allow their integrity to be compromised?
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by DerideGull(m): 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nigeria is a typical jungle and a reasonable person does not operate in the jungle without a razor-sharp fang. MASSOB is joker’s group and pathetically empty-stomach hustlers. At the formative stage of MASSOB, there is group that suggested to MASSOB to engage in grass-root cells, adopt stratagems only known to military guys and exploit the Nigeria for weapon importation. However, MASSOB adopted the silly non-valiance motto which made would-be stealth supporters to turn their backs on the pitiable group.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by mekaboy(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
Since they are jobless and have nothing to do with their life, let the police arrest them and shot them.

Bunch of touts, embarrassing ndi igbo in the name of MASSOB. What have they done to develop infrastructure in the east? So when the biafra is actualized what role will these touts play? "Governors, presidents or minister" ?.

These are the same people that will terrorize the citizens who have achieved something from Nigeria.

To me, I prefer BIAFRA as an ideology rather than a physical country. It should be a mentality that brings igbos together to help one another and develop the region.

A jobless person in Nigeria will still be jobless in biafra country. A broke person in Nigeria will be broke in biafra so what are they fighting for?

8 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by remarkD(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
wait wait wait o! Its like my eyes are deceiving me... I dunno if this is coincidence but ... one of those arrested, Ifeanyi Eboh... I wonder if its the same Ifeanyi Eboh I went to secondary school... used to live in "World bank" ...

Me no know if them get internet/nairaland for where dem hold am so, but if na you be this, Ifeco... holla back... na wetin happen na?

gbanikiti:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/11-injured-5-arrested-as-police-massob-clash-in-anambra/
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Jonathan should extend the statement of emergency to Anambra before this hoodlums get out of control !

2 Likes

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Opey4luv(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ACM10: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
I'm disillussioned by the leadership of Uwazulike. I'm lost on what he intends to achieve with this sit at home protest.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by bobthebuilder99(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
c
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by ACM10: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan should extend the statement of emergency to Anambra before this hoodlums get out of control !

How about the hoodlums that protested in Lagos with matchetes and rifles? Don't you think they should be neutralized first?

1 Like

Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Lol, Very funny. The police can't stop the sit at home order abi dem g force people to come out of their houses?. When massob turns violent the Nigerian Police should be held responsible.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
ACM10:

How about the hoodlums that protested in Lagos with matchetes and rifles? Don't you think they should be neutralized first?

Did they clash with policemen ?
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by oluamid(m): 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
According to the constitution, It is a treasonable offence to want to divide the country whether by peaceful or forceful means, and because the Police is powerless against the Boko Haram, Ombatse, ND militants and other groups does not mean it should turn a blind eye.

The constitution gives everyone the right of association but it also give instances where this right won't be guaranteed. I subscribe to what someone posted above that 'Biafra' need not be a 'physical' entity. It could be what is used to unite the Igbo nation and ensured they have a unity of purpose in the Nigerian polity.

Nigeria is made up of different peoples and tribes and everyone of them feel aggrieved and marginalised. If anyone feels he dosent want to belong to 'Nigeria', there are lawful ways to make yourselves heard. Protests and demonstrations won't give you what you want, rather, it would unite the rest of the country against you.

IMHO, I think you should hold your House of Assembly representatives, Governors, and others in the corridors of power responsible. They ought to be the ones who ensure that the constitution is ammended to allow any part of the country to leave if they so wish. In this one thing they have failed woefully.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Ess: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
Well the clueless has promised to deal with MASSOB and OPC. It has started now, while MEND is dining in Aso rock.
Re: Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested by Emytexboy(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
i do not know what this massob leadetr is still waiting for!! lets declare war on them emmediately

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Requires $166bn To Meet Nigeria's Transport And Energy Needs – Rotimi Amaechi / USA Security Agents Meet With Danbazzau (video) / I Will Resign – Mike Igini (akwa Ibom Resident Electoral Commissioner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.