Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Sould Couples Maintain Joint Accounts For Goodness Sake? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sould Couples Maintain Joint Accounts For Goodness Sake? (617 Views)

6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / For Goodness Sake, Protect Your Privacy And That Of Your Family On Facebook! / When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sould Couples Maintain Joint Accounts For Goodness Sake? by taiyesoul(f): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2013
I've this friend of mine who got married 2011.He's an Accountant, and the wife, a Banker.We hanged around last weekend and he told me himself and his wife maintains a Joint Bank Account where a substantial amount of their Monthly Pay is being paid into the Account come every month end.They are both signatories to the Account.

What good is this people?.Is this very ideal?.Wont these brings trouble in the future?
Re: Sould Couples Maintain Joint Accounts For Goodness Sake? by uboma(m): 11:17am On Jun 05, 2013
There is nothing wrong in having a joint account as long as it is mutually accepted by the couple and there is love and understanding. I have a cousin who is married and is into business. His wife is a full time house wife but he opened a joint account with the wife and made the mandate as 'anyone can sign' . So it all depends on the couple. Having a joint account can be a life saver in any emergency and is a good way to save for the future.
Re: Sould Couples Maintain Joint Accounts For Goodness Sake? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
There is nothing wrong, I guess the money will be used for groceries et al, and the remainder for saving towards things like rent. I don't think it will bring trouble, rather it will increase trust, because it shows that the partners both trust each other with their finances.

1 Like

Re: Sould Couples Maintain Joint Accounts For Goodness Sake? by tpia5: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
given his big mouth and trusting nature, hope this friend of yours wont soon talk his days and marriage into history.

imagine blabbing to the type of person who will put your personal info on a public forum?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Perfect Love / My Family Reunion Party / Very Important Notice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.