Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. (4064 Views)

Nissan Murano Experience ?? Pls Help / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by MMBL(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2013
I intend buying acura mdx 05/06, I ve done a lil research I found out that the 02-04 models have gear and transmission problems but most times I ve found out that online auto review is not always a reliable yard stick to rate any vehicle. Any acura mdx user in the house, your kind and candid contribution will be highly appreciated. Thanks for u responses. still awaiting response plss.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by mishooo(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2013
Their reliability in unquestioned. you can check car complaints websites and although i havent been using mine for more than 4 months, i have people that have been using their for long as an everyday commute. i like the fact that its a CUV (drives like a car) and maintenance is cheap as it uses Honda parts as well.

I brought mine in myself as i do that often.
Re: How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by MMBL(m): 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
thanks for ur contribution,my love for this car is that is 3 rowed enough space for cargo and it has a nice elegant look
mishooo: Their reliability in unquestioned. you can check car complaints websites and although i havent been using mine for more than 4 months, i have people that have been using their for long as an everyday commute. i like the fact that its a CUV (drives like a car) and maintenance is cheap as it uses Honda parts as well.

I brought mine in myself as i do that often.
Re: How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by elebua: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
In honest, I had every intention to purchase the 2003 model of the aforementioned car but was dissuaded because of the gearbox issue.
Re: How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by mishooo(m): 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
elebua: In honest, I had every intention to purchase the 2003 model of the aforementioned car but was dissuaded because of the gearbox issue.

True that 2001-2003 seldom have gearbox issues but stability starts from 2004 upward.
Re: How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by bobbymore: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
my in-law bought the 2003model,it developed gear box problem within 3months. A fairly used one was priced for 170k. Very sad!
Re: How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. by viperman: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
Its a wonderful car like any other. Most people, especially here in Nigeria, just have bad maintenance culture.
The mythical gearbox issue stems from people who try ' cheap' maintenance measures for their cars e.g not buying the rght transmission and engine oils for servicing etc

Use the right/recommended oils, drive reasonably and your car will serve you well.

(1) (Reply)

Proforce - Nigerian Armored Vehicle Manufacturing Company / Dubai Sheikh Builds World's Largest SUV Out Of Jeep Wrangler And Military Truck / Help! Auto Transmission Gurus, Pls What Is P0705

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.