Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136200 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by zetel95(m): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
gbanikiti: So what if it's China phone?, what's the difference between South Korea 's Samsung and Tecno 's China? both of them are made in Asia. abeg abeg no dey fall my hand with dis your yeye talk about China phones.
Na china dey make every tin in dis world na, even dat ur samsung na china den dey produce am. No story

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
zetel95:
Na china dey make every tin in dis world na, even dat ur samsung na china den dey produce am. No story
Shut up. Samsung is a south korean company, designed by south koreans.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Vwandyboy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
BY Xplicit: @op this is samsung galaxy s3 and not s4.pls modify ur post
angry u be idiot Cnt u see dat de op posted S3 there or aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ u tryin to do over sabi Olodo like u....
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
fineemina: xxyz17

you have still not told us what hyper glaze technology is o.
We are waiting I want to learn something new from you bro!.
Kindly explain
Basically its the use of thin ceramic film to coat the surface of plastics or other type of material. It enables it to resist light scratches. You can google it for a detailed explanation. Hope it helps.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
caukerzee: Shut up. Samsung is a south korean company, designed by south koreans.
grin grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by k2kay(m): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
What is beginning to puzzle me is this intense campaign for tecno. Let there be peace once and for all NLanders......if u love tecno, pls go for it and if its the galaxy series pls feel free to purchase it..all these comparison is out of place, we all use our phones differently. All some do is browse and chat, some play games all day long while some are camera freaks etc the truth is tecno has come to stay and dats that. Am an apple user and neva owned an android device and wen I chose to, the f7 will be the one.........reason? Cos dats my choice and nobody else's. S3 and s4 are superior fones no doubt about that buh tecno has really given the masses the full android experience without having to go out of your way to have a feel of what its all about.
NB: I wonder why when I google the f7, all I see is reviews from nigerian sites and not a single foreign one. WHY
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Proffdada: 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
Can some1 run benchmark on both devices for proper comparism
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Francheezy(m): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
Proffdada: Can some1 run benchmark on both devices for proper comparism
do we really need dat?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by valboy20(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
tecno has finally come to stay.

P.S haters are liable to die young

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Proffdada: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Francheezy: do we really need dat?
Yep,so samsung guyz can sing a sad song grin grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
Proffdada:
Yep,so samsung guyz can sing a sad song grin grin
Even a bricked SIII will still have a higher benchmark than that boiling ring called F7

2 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Francheezy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
xxyz17:
Even a bricked SIII will still have a higher benchmark than that boiling ring called F7

lmao guy

diz got me laffin real hard
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Izz9111: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
I can never use Techno phone, when receiving call it's very hot on the ear and very uncomfortable to the ear. I'm in LOVE with Nokia, I use a Lumia 920 and its bad in every thing.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by topazjosh(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
physise: infinix joypad na rubbish fone dnt buy it
really? So what brand will you suggest for me,I actually opt for it cos the price is around $200 usd,I need a android phone of that size,I mean the size of the bigger s3 not d mini size.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 4:27am On Jun 07, 2013
Dovahkiin:

let them justify their buying an obviously inferior but very affordable and avaliable to all china product smiley
sky guard you smiley
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 4:40am On Jun 07, 2013
ethicalUser: Which phone has Nigeria produced? Shame to y'all running Techno down when your country cant even manufacture a calculator..nonsense. Techno is a product of a country's working so hard to improve the quality of its products in the face of the global market.
ermmm which country?
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 4:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Anyi.:
FINAL VERDICT- TO BOTH CAMPS
After listening to everybody rambling here, the S III is better than the tecno. However if samsung were to make a phone with tecno specs it's price would be twice the tecno. This infers that in terms of value-for-money the tecno is superior to samsung.
Drop your sentiments and accept this fact
sammy wouldn't make a phone with those specs. They've grown past that
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 5:02am On Jun 07, 2013
xxyz17:
grin grin grin
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by caukerzee(m): 7:15am On Jun 07, 2013
Proffdada: Can some1 run benchmark on both devices for proper comparism
A benchmark will shut these tecno ninjas up an put them where they belong.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by koyla: 9:26am On Jun 07, 2013
k2kay: What is beginning to puzzle me is this intense campaign for tecno. Let there be peace once and for all NLanders......if u love tecno, pls go for it and if its the galaxy series pls feel free to purchase it..all these comparison is out of place, we all use our phones differently. All some do is browse and chat, some play games all day long while some are camera freaks etc the truth is tecno has come to stay and dats that. Am an apple user and neva owned an android device and wen I chose to, the f7 will be the one.........reason? Cos dats my choice and nobody else's. S3 and s4 are superior fones no doubt about that buh tecno has really given the masses the full android experience without having to go out of your way to have a feel of what its all about.
NB: I wonder why when I google the f7, all I see is reviews from nigerian sites and not a single foreign one. WHY
Bro you are wise,infact you are wiser, i like your comment.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Bawss1(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2013
Even the staff of Tecno don't even use their phones cheesy
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Anyi3(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2013
ciphoenix: sammy wouldn't make a phone with those specs. They've grown past that
bullshit....their grand duos nko?
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by francis247(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
What happens to?
- Super AMOLED plus display
- Gorilla glass 3
- Smart Stay eye tracking
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- wireless charging
- Bluetooth 4.0 with 20mb per sec speed file transfer
- 1080p HD video recording @30fps & 720p HD video recording @30fps 4 front camera
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- 21 mb per second download speed
- Dropbox (50 GB storage)
- USB on-the-go
- TV-out
I've said before. Compared to every other china based smartphone brand in Nigeria right now, Tecno may take the lead but my point still is: mediocrity is no match for excellence. The quality of food and every other thing that goes with it from mama put and Tantalizer is not the same hence the price difference.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by amAZEing: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
The market for Smartphones is an open ended and level playing field according to each OEM capacity.

As l post this at the supermarket right across my office l can see Mac Cleans; Closeup and several different brands of Toothpaste. Is left for the consumer to pick the one that suits him/her best.

Same goes for the different clubs and leagues in Europe. Chelsea, Man.U, Real M, Barca etc is all a matter of choice to the Fans and Viewers.

My dad can't foist his party on the entire family. Same goes for the Faith I want to practice. It's a personal decision I need to make.

And at school my teacher can only counsel me on.the different careers. I make the final decision not him.

In the matter pertaining to Tecno and Samsung with others like BB, Nokia etc.

TECNO is the ONLY CREDIBLE ALTERNATIVE in terms of Quality, Availability, After Sales Services and Performance.

When I think of Android Smartphones, I See Tecno
Android Smartphones like the bestselling N3, N7 and the much awaited Phantom A1.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
Come on Guys, this matter no hard at all, as mobile gadget lovers we all know Samsung galaxy range are great devices no doubt, but i think these Tecno newcomers are also cool as well. i had a few minits hands on on d Tecno N7 few days ago & my impression kinda changed. what matters is wether Samsung o or Tecno, they both run latest Android OS and both can perform all d most important/basic functions of what a smart phone stands for i.e make calls, sms& IM, web surfing+social netwks, access to google play store, games and what else?. All other features depends on personal preference, but ow ever cool the hardware specs of a handheld... trust me u'll feel outdated in a couple of months time. @least no mobile phone has ever bin perfect. I'll post d link to my unboxing and quick review of the Tecno F7 in few days time, if i do make up ma mind to buy it and give it a trial.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by fineemina: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
xxyz17

my dear friend (xxyz17) let me tell you another little secret do u know that n7 was made by htc for tecno.

if u do not believe me people in the house download mobilego for you android to pc sync and backup and tell me what is the device name that appear my n7 says htc tecno n7 gbam so what are we talking about htc one is good wonderful but this f7 is what crap abeg.

confirm things before u begin to flaw them aiight.

my tecno people in the house one love we have come to stay and we would conquer Nigeria either Samsung fans like it or now I give them 365 days from today and we will see where the competition is.

pls note. htc did not make older tecno phones. i think it began with n7 so enjoy ur htc tecno n7 and above say loud say it proud I love my tecno android device and if samsungs fans don't like it or us in about one years time they would be begging to join our world.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ciphoenix: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Smh. amusing to say the least.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
We Nigerians sha we too like some kind yeye brand loyalism. som1 mentioned, Super AMOLED plus display, Gorilla glass 3, Smart Stay eye tracking, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0 with 20mb per sec speed file transfer, 1080p HD video recording @30fps & 720p HD video recording @30fps 4 front camera, S-Voice natural language commands and dictation, 21 mb per second download speed, Dropbox (50 GB storage), USB on-the-go, TV-out, this, that, bla bla bla, who even uses all those features at once? u wait till flexible displays com out soon and ur dear SGS4, HTC One, Optimus G-Pro, Experia Z and co. becomes outdated in no time. U guys still fail to understand d fact that it still cant do more dan a fone is suposed to do. Devices by Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, Sony and co are great i agree, but it doesnt mean other unpopular brands dont make sense, Tecno, tho ive neva used one, are coming stronger, dats d "P". so u guys should stop bullshitting one brand cos of another, they all dont last ok!.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Bawss1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Niyiframes: We Nigerians sha we too like some kind yeye brand loyalism. som1 mentioned, Super AMOLED plus display, Gorilla glass 3, Smart Stay eye tracking, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0 with 20mb per sec speed file transfer, 1080p HD video recording @30fps & 720p HD video recording @30fps 4 front camera, S-Voice natural language commands and dictation, 21 mb per second download speed, Dropbox (50 GB storage), USB on-the-go, TV-out, this, that, bla bla bla, who even uses all those features at once? u wait till flexible displays com out soon and ur dear SGS4 becomes outdated in no time. U guys still fail to understand d fact that it still cant do more dan a fone is suposed to do. Devices by Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, Sony and co are great i agree, but it doesnt mean other unpopular brands dont make sense, Tecno, tho ive neva used one, are coming stronger, dats d "P". so u guys should stop bullshitting one brand cos of another.

OK we get it. You don't know how to use let alone appreciate those advanced features. There are many many people who use them, they are just outside your social circle. Not slighting you, I'm just saying.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bawss1:

OK we get it. You don't know how to use let alone appreciate those advanced features. There are many many people who use them, they are just outside your social circle. Not slighting you, I'm just saying.
I belive u my oga, u sounding like u know what level i operate, i alredy used most of those features u still fancy, not all tho, but they get boring soon. i know u understand what i mean, i cant still edit a minit video or create a 3sec mo'grafx on any of these phones yet so what's d big deal. don't worry u'll soon be tired of those features nd u'll realise u still kip wanting more out of a phone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Bawss1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Niyiframes: I belive u my oga, u sounding like u know what level i operate, i alredy used most of those features u still fancy, not all tho, but they get boring soon. i know u understand what i mean, i cant still edit a minit video or create a 3sec mo'grafx on any of these phones yet so what's d big deal. don't worry u'll soon be tired of those features nd u'll realise u still kip wanting more out of a phone.

Yeah one may get tired of those features but one will not as a result desire a Tecno (which doesn't have them to begin with)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.