Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match (20184 Views)

Hot Updates On The Kenya Vs Nigeria Fight (pictures) / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
I will agree that Yobo will be a good player to have on the bench but is he willing to sit on the bench? Instead of bringing in Yobo which may cause rancour in the team, I will rather we invite Apam and get someone who can play at right back as efe ambrose can still play in the middle like he does at celtic. Per osaze it's a capital NO he has been having issues against every authority now, we don't need someone who will come and make d team lose focus. I think we should give lukman aruna, even martins, sone aluko, taiye taiwo, imoh ezekiel, apam a chance to fight for shirts and talk to anichebe to rescind his decision not to play for 9ja. Cos if he stays away from d qualifiers then he has no biz playin in d world cup if we qualify.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by bidis: 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
i miss emenike and moses i hope they should come back soon
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Very Nice analysis OP...
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Xfactoria: 1:33am On Jun 06, 2013
Nice anaysis but we don't need Yobo in that team anymore. Enyeama is capable of organizing his defence being senior to most of the defenders and I think he is doing fine on that. With time Omeruoh and Oboabuna will get the necessary experience they require. Yobo's lacklustre performance in our opening game at the AFCON almost cost us qualification from the group stage. The defence only got its bearing when Yobo was confined to the bench.

NFF should organize a valedictory match for him and bid him goodbye.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by supaeagles(m): 1:34am On Jun 06, 2013
big-t:
Who worn the mash
nothern korea won it with penarity ..... (thank God, else na serious flogging)
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by collynzo2(m): 2:21am On Jun 06, 2013
ericgold: oga keshi abeg try patch tins. with osazee....kudos keshi
Anyone who suggest bringing back Odemwingies is an enemy of Nigerian football. Good thing Keshi doesn't listen to such nonsense and NFF has given him a free hand.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Godsun(m): 2:35am On Jun 06, 2013
Blue-eyed boi:
Abeg what's the latest update on Emenike's injury?..he's currently our most trusted striker...he plays with purpose en is always goal hungry...that attacks looks blunt without him..

He reminds me of Rashidi Yekeen (RIP), omo iya alamola from Nigeria
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by cyprainad(m): 2:58am On Jun 06, 2013
Naija needs me up front...i no dey use goal joke..my Shot dey tear Net, come patch am back..my Leg-Over dey troway player comot go trow-in....i fit play 24hrs no tire 4 pitch....lol............................truthfully we need Yobo in d Team and Osaze, na our Nigerian Cr7 be dat ooo..........Experience counts!!............if Spain catch us wit dis Wack defence ehn, e go worst pass Bayern vs Barca...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Princeadebayo1(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2013
We dont need any other player than moses and emenike....i see Nigeria beating Spain 3 0 in confederation cup final.....AMEN......UP SUPER EAGLES!!!
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Timisong: 6:12am On Jun 06, 2013
Up ....eagle, niz one.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by aieromon(m): 6:52am On Jun 06, 2013
Let Yobo take a rest and leave the responsibility to the young boys on the block. Its only a matter of time before they gel. If they need leadership, Enyeama will be more than willing to provide that.

We need creative wingers in the class of Finidi George badly. All these speed with no direction aint cutting it at all.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by boron10(m): 7:07am On Jun 06, 2013
Jarus:

What happens when Oboabona and/or Omeruo gets injured? No replacement.

We still need Yobo, even if not starting.

We don't need Osaze. He will bring friction/rancour to the team, by fighting coaches.

I agree with Udoh's 5 points. Musa is poor in crossing, we are also underestimating Mikel's impact.
Bros, what happened, no player rating?
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by mollusco: 7:09am On Jun 06, 2013
Opey4luv:

Go for it Eagles. We are winning it in Brazil. And don't fall for those Brazillian whores!!!

Don't worry: there's no Celestine Babayaro or Yakubu Aiyegbeni in their rank.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by bigt2(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2013
supaeagles: nothern korea won it with penarity ..... (thank God, else na serious flogging)
tank grin
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Jarus(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2013
boron10:
Bros, what happened, no player rating?

Sorry jare.

I no watch the ball well. I dey work, just dey work small, peep the livestream small. Not sure I can do a great rating.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Eleponblue(m): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2013
doper/dopler.hmmm...aboki shine my shoe grin
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by dozai: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2013
dahdah: Yobo They don't need Yobo, what do they need him for, He lacks the leadership ability and he showed that in the first two games in Last Nations Cup.. He has done enough for the eagles, Thank you Yobo at the same time Goodbye Yobo
My broda. there are things u dont buy in the market. Its called experience. Oboabona and Omeruo are both young and energetic but they are not yet there. We won the nations cup without yobo, i agree but we forgot that he was just coming back from injury. When he went back to his club, what happened. Yobo has played at the highest level and has played against the best and he is not yet down. Chicharito of mexico showed us some glimpses of the naivety of the 2. Imagine making runs from the deep twice and scoring goals. Non of them could read his movement. Thats where we need experience at the back and thats where yobo comes in. But let the confederations cup Judge. At least they will play against the best. Cavani, iniesta, Javi, Fabregas and the rest. Till then.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by tainot2002(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2013
My memory can't still get off Yobo when he Hold on the Nations Cup Trophy while failing to let others celebrate with the cup for couple of minutes!He is a very good and patriotic player we have in the team but shouldn't allow ego superceed his leadership position
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by hopemanuel: 8:19am On Jun 06, 2013
What you said about Mikel and Musa i strongly agree. My worry is the defense right now.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by daylae(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2013
Scarpon: osaze wetin??
how sad people forget so easily.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by GOLIDIVA: 8:28am On Jun 06, 2013
For me anything that keeps Osaz out of the picture is okay by me. Even if it means bringing Yakubu back!
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by guji(m): 8:40am On Jun 06, 2013
Leadership in a game like football always translate to personality leadership,we dont need Yabo in our defence line if it is for leadership.refer to some of his statements/comments in reply to Kesh's refusal to invite him for World Cup qualifiers. He did not exibite any sense of leadership.He should learn from our past captains.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Lampsyy(m): 9:32am On Jun 06, 2013
Nigeria lacks a prolific striker n and the better we bring bring odemwingie back the more bleak our striking position will be in the absense of emenike.
keshi shuld resolve things with osaze n bring him bck to the national team.
Osaze knws it well.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Jarus(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2013
tainot2002: My memory can't still get off Yobo when he Hold on the Nations Cup Trophy while failing to let others celebrate with the cup for couple of minutes!He is a very good and patriotic player we have in the team but shouldn't allow ego superceed his leadership position

As captain, he was expected to hold the cup more than any other player. He hasn't done anything wrong. Let's stop being petty.

If he had ego, he would have fought coaches when he was benched for ANC matches. If it was Osaze he would not have taken it in good faith like Yobo and IK Uche did.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by born2fuckpussy: 10:41am On Jun 06, 2013
loabb2: KickOffNigeria.com editor Colin Udoh reflects on the Super Eagles’ 1-0 win against Kenya on Wednesday afternoon.

CHARACTER IS RETURNING
They looked lethargic in Calabar nearly three months ago, but this team showed they have ‘bouncebackability’. While they may not exactly have been flying in Nairobi, this was about grit, about character, about strength, and about getting the result. Hard to fault them on any of those scores.

THE EAGLES NEED YOBO
Stephen Keshi may have his issues with Joseph Yobo, but Mexico and now Kenya have shown that that defence not only needs shoring up but, even more importantly, leadership. For spells they were far from assured at best, and sometimes rickety at worst. Godfrey Oboabona and Kenneth Omeruo are fine young talents and will only get better with games together, where Yobo may be at the twilight of his career. But his leadership, direction and experience can only help them to that next level, even if he doesn't start. And what happens if, God forbid, one or both get injured? The quicker this rift is resolved, the better for us all.

MIKEL TOO
Against Mexico, the Super Eagles struggled for possession, especially in the latter stages, even against 10 men. It was in those latter stages against Kenya that Mikel's class shone through. His unhurried ability to keep the ball and pick a pass under pressure remains one of the Eagles’ more potent weapons. He may not look it, but Mikel is infinitely more dangerous than people think.

AHMED MUSA MUST LEARN HOW TO CROSS
I was at the stadium in Conakry for his first international game against Guinea, when he almost ran the Syli Stars out of breath. His one deficiency that day was his final ball, especially the crossed deliveries from deep. Against Kenya he almost had me tearing my hair out in frustration. Someone pointed out on Twitter that Musa’s crossing makes Tijani Babangida’s look like Finidi George. It’s hard to disagree. Can we get Finidi George to come work with Musa? Please?

KUDOS FOR KESHI: 16 NOT OUT
It’s 16 games unbeaten for the ‘Big Boss’. And that is not just empty stats. There is the African Nations Cup trophy to go with it. If he carries this unyielding spirit into the Confederation Cup, who knows … we might just see Nigeria in the final.
I agreed with everything except the con-federation, Nigeria are underdog there and remember, the teams also involve are champion of top level, we need high class and Yobo flop will surely be better than current defenders in big stages, even if he has to sit at the bench, as worst as Yobo is, he got to semi-UEFA cup and he has been consistent there, maybe he should play behind the CB as last standing 6. And could be leading the rest defender or nigeria should try to use 3-5-2 like the serial a league and the flank could be support to both half riight back and left right back making it look like 5-3-2 but it is 3-5-2
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2013
Injury,free us emenike and victor moses,with mikel and onazi in milfield,walahi i go bet big money against spain....Just give me moses n emenike...Am gud to go.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Myself2(m): 11:18am On Jun 06, 2013
[size=14pt] @ OP

Why did you not include the source,,,,

By the way,you culled it from KICKOFFNIGERIA.COM
http://www.kickoff.com/news/34845/five-things-from-kenya-vs-nigeria-world-cup-qualifier
[/size]
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by ddeola: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
Well done boys
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by collynzo2(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
daylae: how sad people forget so easily.
forget the 9 goals he has scored all through his career for us or how he made us not to qualify for AFCON 2012 and showed no remorse afterwards? forget how he went on twitter immediately after the match against Guinea to blast the fans, coach, press and NFF? That was his way of apologising to the fans for missing 3 sitters in such an important match. Forget how he distracted the team throughout AFCON 2012 qualifying series with his tantrums? If he was Messi or Ronaldo we could easily ignore, but unfortunately his contribution on the pitch is not worth the trouble he brings off it, not worth it at all.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Adedayo516(m): 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
damosky12:
what testings? Besides, Osaz isnt a winger. He is a Striker just like Emenike, Ideye and co. And ur statement isnt intelectual.
and BTW, even if he(osaze) is a winger, we still don't need him.......I think Odumadi has potential on that wing
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by loabb2(m): 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
Thank you.
Myself2: [size=14pt] @ OP

Why did you not include the source,,,,

By the way,you culled it from KICKOFFNIGERIA.COM
http://www.kickoff.com/news/34845/five-things-from-kenya-vs-nigeria-world-cup-qualifier
[/size]
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Myself2(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
^^^^^
My pleasure bro wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lewandowski: My Bayern Story Has Come To An End, I Hope They Won't Keep Me / VAR: What Famous Coaches Think / Europa League Live Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.