Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

The First Transformer Desktop,laptop And Tablet All In One PC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The First Transformer Desktop,laptop And Tablet All In One PC (632 Views)

Which Is Best Used When Gaming....Desktop,laptop Or Pc tablet / How To Fix Blue Screen Problem On Desktop/laptop / Running Two Operating Systems On One PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Transformer Desktop,laptop And Tablet All In One PC by techlatest: 7:00am On Jun 06, 2013
At Computex 2013 in Taiwan, Asus has announced the Transformer Book Trio, the “world’s first” three-in-one laptop, tablet, and desktop PC (!). To obtain this rather dubious title, Asus has created a single device that runs both Windows (desktop and laptop), and Android (tablet). That’s not the weird bit, though: Whereas most modern computers get by with just one CPU, the Transformer Book Trio has two: A brand-new Haswell Core i7 chip for Windows, and a Clover Trail Atom CPU for Android.
Putting aside the obvious nomenclature issues — the Transformer Book Trio is clearly not a desktop PC — the Transformer Book Trio is actually a stroke of genius. If you’re not up to speed on Asus transformers, let me explain. The Trio’s predecessor, the first Transformer Book, was essentially a Core i7 tablet that plugged into a keyboard docking station. Beyond providing a keyboard, the dock also contained a secondary battery and some expansion ports (RJ45, USB, DisplayPort). Essentially, though, the first Transformer Book was simply a tablet that plugged into a dock.
The Transformer Book Trio, however, puts an Atom CPU in the tablet — and a Haswell Core i7 processor and 1TB hard drive in the docking station. In other words, the docking station is now a fully fledged laptop, but without a monitor.

The tablet portion of the Transformer Book Trio has an 11.6-inch screen at 1920×1080, 64GB of storage, and it’s powered by an Atom Z2580 (Clover Trail) SoC at 2GHz. This is the top-of-the-line Clover Trail+ CPU, featuring a dual-core SGX 544MP2 GPU, but it’s still pretty weak in the grand scale of things. Power consumption for Clover Trail+, however, is pretty good. Operating-system wise, the tab runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, but... [url]tech-latests..com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Backup My Desktop That Refuses To Boot... Plz I Need Help / Help Me My Browser Has Gone Cuckoo!!!! / Snapchat For PC Downloading Guide For Windows 7/8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.