Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw (1056 Views)

My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night / How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw by doctorbabs(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2013
my friend father in law called him on phone, when he picked the call, d first thing he heard was do you know u are useless, he said he couldnt believe is hearing that his father in law could said that to him. i asked further, what transpired btween u and him, he said, he asked him to come and see him but due to hustling and burstling of lagos, he couldnt find time to go.

my questions now are

Does the father inlaw have the right to say used abusive language on his son inlaw?

What kind of advice do i give him?

How can he show his grievances to his father inlaw?

Even if the father inlaw is old enough be his son inlaw'father does he have the right
Re: DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw by texaco1: 11:17am On Jun 06, 2013
something must have happened before a father in law can utter such statement ,most likely the father in law is the one maintaining the family or shoud i say supporting them financialy.is that the case?
Re: DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw by ogoplus: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2013
It depends oh.

I don't know all the details but sha:-

If the Father-In-Law is from the SW, 2 things are involved:

1. May be the father-in-law in question is just generally an abusive person.

2. He is just expressing his disappointment in the guy for whatever reason(in this case for not showing-up as promised).
_in the SW elderly people would say "SHO RI PE O WULO" it not necessarily an insult its just a way of expressing ones displeasure.

Besides next time if your friend promises to see anyone(his father-in-inlaw inclusive), I think it would be just nice of him to call or send a message to the party concerned if he can't make it for any reason.
Re: DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw by bellong: 11:26am On Jun 06, 2013
There is no hard and fast rule about it, he should register his displeasure over the statement when next he sees him. He has no godly and ungodly right to tell him that no matter what had transpired.

If he cannot speak against such bad utterance now, I bet it will be the beginning of some great deal of actions to come.

(1) (Reply)

Letter From A Lagos Bus Conductor / Female Breadwinners Lament We Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’, Yet We Can’t Di / 24 Advices To The Ladies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.