Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. (1076 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / Am I Not Allowed To Marry Because I Am Hiv Positive? / If A Friend Owes You Money And Doesnt Want To Pay Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please say your opinion constructively and objectively without insult. This is because i am ready to start talking senses into his head. Thank you!

Now, i've an uncle who is financially ok, he got married to his "supposed angelic wife" back in 2004 and they've been living together. Though the woman from onset showed some funny/unfriendly/questionable characters but he neglected all advice given and heed in marrying her. When she came in, freedom was given to them by all family members for them to enjoy thier marriage. Despite this, there were still having some serious problems within themselves as usual. At times, she would leave her husband house, went and stayed in God-knows-where, she would later come back and the husband would still allow her in. All these while (9yrs+), they've had no child issue...not even miscarriage. On sept. 2012, she finally packed out of his house, tore off all the marriage pictures and every other thing belonging to the two of them and left. This action was to confirm total termination of the marriage. My uncle being a strong believer of the words of God begged her but she left. Now, her where about is not known as even her family members cannot give info. on that. On a normal ground, my uncle is expected to marry another wife but he has refused quoting bible portions where a man is not expected to marry again in life except in the event of death of his spouse. This has been his concrete fact for not agreeing to marry again and has even vowed not to marry again in life. He's on his mid 40s and time is not his side. I want to start having sensible discussions with him concerning this thus my coming here. Where do i start and what shld i do?

Thanks for ur sensible advice.
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by obowunmi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
1) Your uncle is a Nigerian. What else do you expect?

2) He probably masturbates a lot..

3) Has he ever told you he wants kids? What if he doesn't?

4) What if he is an impotent man who can't perform or give children?

5) What if he's gay?
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by emmyskies(m): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Its sad but he is doing the right thing. If he re-marries, after spending his life here on earth, he'll definetly face judgement after death. Dont pressurize him to re-marry.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by slimyem: 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
He is an ADULT.
He made a choice and he is sticking to his beliefs. Why are you taking aspirin for his aches?
After taking sense into him what will happen?
He will heed to you and take a wife?
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
I taya oh. A grown aśš adult undecided
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by ypepe: 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Well, I will be worried too but then again he is an adult.
2ndly, I guess u r not even near his age so pls do respect his decision.
U can talk to his pastor. Let him have a chat with ur uncle. If he rnt shifting ground, u guys should let him be.
Maybe he is still hoping.........
At his own time,he might reconsider.

On d other side, hv u considered that he has reproductiv*e problem?
He might not want to face what he faced b4 with his other wife and is using church as a cover up.
I'm just saying sha. Think about it. D more reason u should let him be.
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
emmyskies: Its sad but he is doing the right thing. If he re-marries, after spending his life here on earth, he'll definetly face judgement after death. Dont pressurize him to re-marry.

Are you saying he shldnt marry again in life?
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by emmyskies(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
RedBenson:

Are you saying he shldnt marry again in life?
Yes. If he re-marries, he will be guilty of commiting adultery. Dont pressurize him to marry again pls, because GOD will hold you responsible if you do

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by mgbeketoto: 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
On a normal ground, my uncle is expected to marry another wife but he has refused quoting bible portions where a man is not expected to marry again in life except in the event of death of his spouse. This has been his concrete fact for not agreeing to marry again and has even vowed not to marry again in life. He's on his mid 40s and time is not his side. I want to start having sensible discussions with him concerning this thus my coming here. Where do i start and what shld i do?

You politely implored not to be insulted in your post. . . .I think I will respect that. kiss
No comment then. kiss
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mind ya own business! cool
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by i1: 5:48am On Jan 06, 2014
Oga redbenson, the matter no concern you. But I also thought adultery was the sole ground for divorce in the bible, if you want to assist him: go and look for the wife and find out if she is living with another man or get proof of her adultery, if you get show it to him and let him know that it is allowed for him to divorce then.
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by emmyskies(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2014
i.:
Oga redbenson, the matter no concern you. But I also thought adultery was the sole ground for divorce in the bible, if you want to assist him: go and look for the wife and find out if she is living with another man or get proof of her adultery, if you get show it to him and let him know that it is allowed for him to divorce then.
Get it, marriage is a life-time experience. A man is not allowed or permitted to divorce his wife on any ground. No matter the wrong she does, he should never divorce her EXCEPT on the ground of adultery. Now even if he divorce her on the ground of adultery, both of them shouldnt get married to new husbands and new wives. Except they both come back to themselves.
Re: My Uncle Doesnt Want To Re-marry Because He's A Believer. by longthinx: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2014
@op first verify your uncle is not the cause of their childlessness. He may only be using bible for cover

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreak Hotel / Evangelist Shoots Father To Death In Enugu(see Photo) / U.S MAN AND HIS 7 CHILDREN DIE IN HOME FROM GENERATOR'S CARBON MONOXIDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.