Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Genuine Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Genuine Prayer (838 Views)

RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / Rccg Open Heavens Devotional Thursday 31 January 2013 Prayer Produces Comfort By / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genuine Prayer by OsunAmazon: 7:18am On May 03, 2008
Why do some pastors request for the pictures of those they pray for? I see that thing as plain juju because i don't see the reason why he/she should ask for the persons picture if God knows us one by one. Do you need to show God someone's picture for Him to know the person? I tire for this new age church movement in Naija now.
Re: Genuine Prayer by elizabetta(f): 10:38am On May 03, 2008
Please don't call them pastors because they are not.
Re: Genuine Prayer by olabowale(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2008
If there is no need for the pastor to have the picture, as if he/she is showing to God while prayer is being said, you will know that God does not need to be here on earth to provide forgiveness. Afterall, He is capable to forgive us one by and or one and all, in any of the ways only He can. And no one else can.
Re: Genuine Prayer by OsunAmazon: 4:50pm On May 03, 2008
Please don't call them pastors because they are not.
I don't think they are either. I think they are babalawos wearing suit and carrying bibles for camouflage. These days, women consult these pastors to tell them whether this man is good enough for them to marry or not when our parents married each other without consulting anyone. While I dont find anything terribly wrong with it, I just don't know how the guys picture should enter the equation. Here in America, lots of Nigerian women send their guys picture for necessary prayers unto God through these pastors to know the mind of God. I also think those pictures are sent to speed up they guys mind into making the marriage decision. The world is just evil and I pity Nigerian men because most of them are yet to wake up to the reality of this current evil. I'm just waiting vehemently for any woman that will do that to my brother.
Re: Genuine Prayer by elizabetta(f): 1:02pm On May 06, 2008
End times
Re: Genuine Prayer by PastorAIO: 2:38pm On May 06, 2008
God knows everything so why bother showing him the picture.

God knows all our hearts inner desires. . . so why bother praying at all.
Re: Genuine Prayer by detruth: 5:35pm On May 06, 2008
@Pastor AIO
Pinpoint! lipsrsealed
Re: Genuine Prayer by PastorAIO: 12:23pm On May 07, 2008
OsunAmazon:

I don't think they are either. I think they are babalawos wearing suit and carrying bibles for camouflage.

Please don't denigrate Babalawos.

(1) (Reply)

Where Does The Spirit Go? / Why ? / Whites-only Christian Conference Held In Alabama By Pastor William J. Collier's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.