Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! (2360 Views)

Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI / FG Giving Oritsejafor Bad Name – CAN / FG Giving Oritsejafor Bad Name -CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by bolex(m): 9:18am On May 18, 2006
Obasanjo has ruled Nigeria since God knows when

and his old ass wants to  rule    ruin us again for another 4 years

God forbids

Anywayz,

am sure he has done some good and bad stuffs for us

It's time to start enumerating them

What has OBJ done for us

Good and Bad

name them

I know fuel price increase by an unbelieveable amount of 80naira

damn

Well , I hear he paid our debts

cool

Now , he would have to go back to his farm
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by twinstaiye(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2006
He set a precedence that no any elected President can ever try to amend the constitution to elongate his stay in government. That is the most important things he had achieved in his administration. Take it or leave it.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by bolex(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2006
UNCOUNTABLE STRIKE ACTIONS

angry angry angry

He promoted his daughter lol
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by DaHitler(m): 12:04pm On May 18, 2006
Good

1) Payed off the debt
2) Reduced shortages of fuel
3) Delivered payment on time to the State and Local Governments

Bad

1) Failure to split Nigeria up
2) Failure to crush the Sharia in the North
3) Failure to fill the ranks of the Army with southerners
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:14pm On May 18, 2006
I would be suprised if DoubleTaye says otherwise, Questions like this should rather be answered without sentiments, he has done good yes and he has done bad but the bad things he has done seems to overshadow the good things he did. if you want true analysis i would give it to yah.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by bolex(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2006
Ashiwaju

Please do

In full details

Feel free to express your mind

Especially in my threads

cool
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by twinstaiye(m): 1:02pm On May 18, 2006
Let us keep compiling the good and the bad. Ashiwaju, would you rather classify my post above as good or bad? whichever way you classified it, it is still an achievement, sentiments apart. Having said this, we are all proud of his GSM revolution where thousands were provided with self employment, what about the NAPEP? thousands were also gainfully employed.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Christino(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2006
He finally brought GSM to Nigeria (tarriffs high sha)
Inflation is serious
Jobs are scarce (except for the highly favoured)
The masses are afflicted and complaining
Lawmakers and Politicians smile while others grin
He paved the way for "YAHOO!" Boys who are upholding the economy (they are equal in cash to our guyz abroad)
He nabbed Tafa, Dariye and ALAYEBABA and left Uncle IBB as a sacred cow (against his rule)
Our complaints do not freak him. Baba Dey Kampe.

He eradicated our debt, but increased our poverty by increasing fuel pump price.
He is afraid to leave so that we will not probe and lock him up thereafter (he knows his ways are not pure)
The only difference between his "Civilian" and the former millitary regime is OBj wears agbada instead.
He is God's chosen and there can't be any other, so he has to die there.
Good roads except of course in  Lagos.
FERMA (approved Evil goats even worse than LASTMA)
Earned us a very good reputation (Second most corrupt country)
The rest is history.

@twinstaye:
"Owo abu la fi nse abu lalejo"
NAPEP will employ you and you'll sweat out your life only to buy the fuel you used to buy for 11 naira for 65 naira if not 100naira by the end of this month
Abacha initiated the GSM revolution, so OBJ only came in and sold the prepared Licences to them. Even then "na flash we dey flash" - all the same he tried on that.

Make no mistake about this - this guy no sabi, na coconut he carry for head. He has advisers who think for him. His own is to sign and carry his big belle about. There ain't no way he has any foreknowledge of GSM, if not pig or chicken feed.

Put me there with all his advisers and I'll do if not better grin @ least i'm finer cool
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by bolex(m): 1:51pm On May 18, 2006
Christino

shocked

You forgot in those days

he helped to encourage rituals by finishing up THE NATIONAL THEATRE
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Ashiwaju(m): 2:11pm On May 18, 2006
Mr. Doubletaye, You never seems to amaze me, i will not anwser that Q of yours because i believe if you are good to defend the tu face Bastard called obj then you are good to know if you made a good contribution or not.

We dey shout GSM? shey na free of charge them bring GSM ni? didnt dey make money from letting GSM in, The Entire Govt. had their share from the GSM ting, why u call it glory when you had to pay your thru ur nose to make calls in Nigeria. OBJ or no OBJ its definate to come and it is definate to have GSM in Nigeria.

Banking Reforms i would rather praise soludo and partially praise OBJ, it was bound to happen to you know, since the few of these banks have shown to us that they cannot stand alone although the by force marriage wasnt a good idea but somehow it is going to help the country and i pray it lasts.

Fight Against corruption, Obj has really failed, He has been fighting corruption with corruption, he has spared the likes of Bode gorge and gave the life of tafa balogun, a man whose main goal is to establish is financial crimes watch dog to enslave his enemies alone. A man who has been involved in many scandal, a man who has rigged the whole of nigeria in 2003 and yet wants to rig nigeria again in 2007. Thank God it didnt work.

Obj and privitisation, Govt privitisation would not achieve anything in nigeria for as long as the main aim of selling those places is not to meet the demands of the d people but to meet the pocket of the fed. Govt and if you must know, for every privitisation in nigeria, obj has and his co, has a share.

Y'all need to stay more on track and i bet you would get to see more about this man called OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Mariory(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2006
You know, it's getting tiring reading all this noise day in day out. I can't wait for someone else to take over so that at least, the noise will be accompanied by a different name.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Akolawole(m): 2:25pm On May 18, 2006
Ashiwaju:

Mr. Doubletaye, You never seems to amaze me, i will not anwser that Q of yours because i believe if you are good to defend the tu face Bastard called obj then you are good to know if you made a good contribution or not.

We dey shout GSM? shey na free of charge them bring GSM ni? didnt dey make money from letting GSM in, The Entire Govt. had their share from the GSM ting, why u call it glory when you had to pay your through your nose to make calls in Nigeria. OBJ or no OBJ its definate to come and it is definate to have GSM in Nigeria.

Banking Reforms i would rather praise soludo and partially praise OBJ, it was bound to happen to you know, since the few of these banks have shown to us that they cannot stand alone although the by force marriage wasnt a good idea but somehow it is going to help the country and i pray it lasts.

Fight Against corruption, Obj has really failed, He has been fighting corruption with corruption, he has spared the likes of Bode gorge and gave the life of tafa balogun, a man whose main goal is to establish is financial crimes watch dog to enslave his enemies alone. A man who has been involved in many scandal, a man who has rigged the whole of nigeria in 2003 and yet wants to rig nigeria again in 2007. Thank God it didnt work.

Obj and privitisation, Govt privitisation would not achieve anything in nigeria for as long as the main aim of selling those places is not to meet the demands of the d people but to meet the pocket of the fed. Govt and if you must know, for every privitisation in nigeria, obj has and his co, has a share.

Y'all need to stay more on track and i bet you would get to see more about this man called OBJ.

I dont think you need to call OBJ bastard.

Stay calm and express your views. SIMPLE.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by twinstaiye(m): 2:26pm On May 18, 2006
Ashiwaju, am tired of your negative attitude towads issue. You don't see anything good in OBJ government abi? I hope we are still together by the time another government is in power, and I will see if you will see anything good in the governance. I am sure people like you do not believe in any positive things in so far you are not part of it. Can you ever see anything good in any government in Nigeria, far from it. What you fail to understand is that in the midst of what nigerians is going through, you can still access if a government is doing well or not, not a negative criticism all the time. All the same, I bet if any of your friend come to power, if you are not part of the governance, you wont see anything good in his government. It is only people like you who cannot see beyond your selfish interest that will condemn any government at will. Yourself must be the only one who cannot distinguish between what the teledensity of nigerians was before OBJ come to power compare to what we have now. Yourself must be the only one who belief that even before the advent of GSM, a line of Nitel took eternity to install and cost like hell. So you wont see the GSM revolution as an achievement of OBJ. And I ask again, has OBJ at one time or the other attack your personal interest to warrant your negative criticism of his government. Haba! be objective with your criticism, we are al human. Kilode gan?
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Ashiwaju(m): 2:30pm On May 18, 2006
Well, for as long as there is Democracy, there will always be noise, its other wise called criticism.

@ Akolawale

Well that man deserves more than that, i add the name bastard to his name since he betrayed his own people, his own country and his own nation
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by twinstaiye(m): 2:35pm On May 18, 2006
Ashiwaju:

Well, for as long as there is Democracy, there will always be noise, its other wise called criticism.

@ Akolawale

Well that man deserves more than that, i add the name bastard to his name since he betrayed his own people, his own country and his own nation
cay you prove that he betray his own people, his own country and nation? where is your proof?.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Ashiwaju(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2006
@ Mr Double Taye

O de Face Kap, See, the best president we never had was bola ige, abiola and awolowo. this are the people who see beyond boundaries.

I dont have to define criticism to you but if i must make clear of my opinion, i have to face the true side of things, why do you think i support bola tinubu? would u say because i get something from him. We all cannot be on top at the same time. we need fair and a just govt., if that man was straight enough to face his responsibility, why does he have to keep bribing the military so they wont take over, haba, 6 percent of budget on defence, 2 percent of budget on agric, same 6 percent for education, where are we going with all of this? I would be glad to see a govt that works. double taye, we dont have to become enemy over obj, you just need to know that this people dont have the interest of the masses atall and for every good thing they pretend to do for us, it is sorrounded by doom and evil. Haba Omo iya think! Obj does not deserves all the commendment, he has done his bit and thats why he should leave.

You will soon find out more about objs little secret. they all have more than a skeleton in their pot belle
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Christino(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2006
Instead of giving us big time independence, he gave it to his pot belly, that's why he cannot wear a suit!
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Christino(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2006
Due to his presidential handshake policy, we lost gloria alozie, emmanuel olisadebe, francis obikwelu among others. What did we have to show for his being there, asides the super falcons and them taiye taiwo in africa.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by bolex(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2006
haha

OBJ is bad belle abeg

By the way,

was it not the same nigga that spent our money taking World Tours

Yes, I remember seeing an old man all over the news having a cruise

besides, we thought he was a blessing to us

But Nah,

By the way

The last time I checked, GSM companies have made more money from us than Naija government themselves
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by kellybaba(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2006
quote from afeni:

bad
1) failure to split nigeria up
2) failure to crush the sharia in the north
3) failure to fill the ranks of the army with southerners

i greatly disagree with point 3.
really and truly,d non-core northerners(4d 1st time ever) and southerners now dominate d key military positions viz:
chief of defence staff: lt gen alexander ogomudia
chief of army staff: lt gen martin luther agwai
chief of naval staff: vice admiral ganiyu adekeye(hope i got d surname correctly)
chief of air staff: air marshall jonah wuyep
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by kellybaba(m): 4:51pm On May 18, 2006
quote from christino:
make no mistake about this - this guy no sabi, na coconut he carry for head. he has advisers who think for him. his own is to sign and carry his big belle about. there ain't no way he has any foreknowledge of gsm, if not pig or chicken feed.

put me there with all his advisers and i'll do if not better @ least i'm finer

@christino: pls i kinda find it rude d way baba is bin addressed here.it suggests some form of disrespect for an elder statesman who have actually done so much for dis country ! given that he is human and therefore fallible,methinks he has really tried.even gani fawehimi or buhari will giv d 'devil' some credit here !
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by kaynet(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2006
all i know is that whether he leave the post or not only God's candidate is wining this coming elections but mind u my colleages unless obj leaves the post no one will be able to defeat him!
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Akolawole(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2006
Christino:

Due to his presidential handshake policy, we lost gloria alozie, emmanuel olisadebe, francis obikwelu among others. What did we have to show for his being there, asides the super falcons and them taiye taiwo in africa.

Anyone who want to take other countries nationality are free to do so.

Where is Olisadebe today?

Is he better than Kanu/Okocha?
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Christino(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2006
Kanu and Okocha are footballers and they play for clubs who pay them a lot of money?

Have you heard of athletes that run for clubs? Use ur brain, man.
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Christino(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2006
And as for Olisadebe going to Poland, its just an indication that sometime in the future, we'll have Brixtons and Americans in our national team, at least they are not more responsible grin But he is better than West lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo's Tenure, What Has He Done So Far ? Good And Bad, Name Em ! by Mariory(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2006
Christino:

Instead of giving us big time independence, he gave it to his pot belly, that's why he cannot wear a suit!

lol

(1) (Reply)

Is Obama Finished? / Wole Soyinka On MEND Team! / Fg Launches Biometric Registration Of Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.