Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,585 members, 7,840,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) (39076 Views)

Conjoined Twins Born In Ganjuwa, Bauchi State (Photos) / 10 Of The World's Most Famous Conjoined Twins / Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Temismith(f): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lord. Have mercy.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
If you look carefully, you'll notice that the twins are joined at the chest region, its as if there is only one upper chest region there, they may be sharing vital organs, which means seperation may be impossible. Just have to wait until proper details are furnished as regards the extent of how cojoined they are.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Samelfisha(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
el bin manny: Look at wat GEJ haff caused cry cry
yu don start shey na he nack der mama undecided
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by ebioloye1: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dangote and Adenuga should sponsor dis kids out of the country for sugery,dis is the kind of issues they suporse to spend their money for,not to buy heavy cars for the likes stephen keshi who has made money already.

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by crackhaus: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hello Dr. cute, i'm ready for my injections kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by solomon111(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva: Na waoo

They should be taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland ASAP so that they can be separated before they get very strong.
what's the meaning of this crap you wrote?
Who told you they can't be seperated in Nigeria?
They should take those babies to UBTH.

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
aww
i hope they are gonna be cute like this girls

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by tjfulloption(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
may Allah protect these children. amin
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
i pray they survive after seperation.
meanwhile you hardly see private jet pastors contribute financially to save lives in situations like dis.
also where are the governors dat are only good in buying expensive car gifts to people?
i want to read in the news tomorrow that one of them has promised to sponsor the separation.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Diasporan(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
solomon111: what's the meaning of this crap you wrote?
Who told you they can't be seperated in Nigeria?
They should take those babies to UBTH.
My friend clean your mouth.Such thing can't be done in UBTH.The only medical fit achieved in UBTH is the successful stem cell transplant on a patient with sickle cell anemia sometime in October 2011.That's the first in Nigeria.Maybe you mistook it for Siamese twins seperation.Abi dem seperate who you know?Please kindly tell us.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201202071230.html/
http://scinfo.org/web-update-2011-10-october/web-update-2011-10-october
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by obicypo: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
abeg mke dem fly dem go india,unles una wan mke dem grow like dat ;
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by 1shortblackboy: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Er... doctor I'm having some pains in my groin area can u check me ? wink
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by WhyAWhy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
I validate that a Siamese seperation was done in OAUTHC around 2006. I think those ones were joined at the abdomen and had seperate organs. Even the best of doctors have a limit to the feat they can achieve depending on the type of Siamese they are
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Diasporan:
My friend clean your mouth.Such thing can't be done in UBTH.The only medical fit achieved in UBTH is the successful stem cell transplant on a patient with sickle cell anemia sometime in October 2011.That's the first in Nigeria.Maybe you mistook it for Siamese twins seperation.Abi dem seperate who you know?Please kindly tell us.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201202071230.html/
http://scinfo.org/web-update-2011-10-october/web-update-2011-10-october
lies

Successful separation of two pairs of conjoined twins in Ile Ife, Nigeria: case reports.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16122113

that was 2005

2 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by BashToks: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Les: But this twins are almost close to seperation, what ever dat stopped dem didn't try at ol...

My prayers for this babies, I pray dat d only ting joining them is just their skin and noting else like breast bone, ribs and rest of them.

I also pray that they are not sharing any body organ like lungs, etc..

Baba God do something for this kids cos they haven't offended anyone yet. I know they were conceived in sin but they never sin against u yet, do something Lord, Amen!!!

Ahem *clears throat* It's never only skin that joins siamese.. some tissues and (hopefully not) organs would be involved as well.
And err.. what dyu mean by conceived in sin? How u take sabi?
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Diasporan(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
9jadelta: lies

Successful separation of two pairs of conjoined twins in Ile Ife, Nigeria: case reports.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16122113

that was 2005
You smoke weed ni?Where is the lie in my comment?I said it has not been done in UBTH(Benin) before.Abi you nor know the difference between UBTH and Ife?You better go back to JSS one
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by BashToks: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4eva: Na waoo

They should be taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland ASAP so that they can be separated before they get very strong.

If only it was that easy..
There finance/sponsorship to deal with,
And from what I see in this picture, this is one hell of a case. Almost looks as if they share one upper body, there's no saying how many organs and skeletal structure they share.
God help them!
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by sylve11: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
May it be well with u kids! cool
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by quadbal(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
They can be taken to obafemi Awolowo University teaching hospital, the director has work on such cases b4 and I believe he will be able to help these children out.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by fakulty(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
Jayeris: If you look carefully, you'll notice that the twins are joined at the chest region, its as if there is only one upper chest region there, they may be sharing vital organs, which means seperation may be impossible. Just have to wait until proper details are furnished as regards the extent of how cojoined they are.

I thought i was the only one that noticed it. Separating them may not be easy as in other ones not sharing vita organs. they might even share a single heart who knows.

God help them to survive.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by BashToks: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Not to sound pessimistic buh I see no separation happening here.. I only see one chest. There's nothing to separate. It's sad really!
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by cecegorz(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Awwww!!!
Where is Ben Carson when you need him!
This looks like one hell of a case, but good news from the report is that they have distinct heart, lungs and abdominal organs. But the rib cage is visibly fused, creating a single torso for both individuals.
Can UNTH pull this off? Considering the personnel and resources this will gulp.
I just pray to see them successfully seperated as soon as possible.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Diasporan:
You smoke weed ni?Where is the lie in my comment?I said it has not been done in UBTH(Benin) before.Abi you nor know the difference between UBTH and Ife?You better go back to JSS one
mumu grin
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
If those kids grow up like that, their control go bad for exam hall o...

That Voltron go badt gaan...

The point man go dey front, with these two guys behind... And then Me...

Dammit
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by fpeter(f): 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
These children resemble oyibo nah?
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
I hope the twins can be separated successfully.
BTW, the doctor is cute!
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
At times like this I wish I could hit the mega millions lottery so I can help people like this
Chai
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
CFCfan: I hope the twins can be separated successfully.
BTW, the doctor is cute!

Or nurse
N gwa jebe UNTH di na Ituku Ozalla jee cho Asa mpete
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by amir99(m): 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
MovingTrain: Is it me or am I the only one noticing this very cute colleague of mine mechanically ventilating the twins?
Shege karuwan banza grin
MovingTrain: Is it me or am I the only one noticing this very cute colleague of mine mechanically ventilating the twins?
Shege karuwan banza
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
babyosisi:

Or nurse
N gwa jebe UNTH di na Ituku Ozalla jee cho Asa mpete

Lmao grin grin grin
I may heed ur advise. But, I still dey with queen of sheba
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by frank317: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
pretty nurse
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
There is good news n bad news from what I see n read. The babies have seperate hearts n abdomen, gud but they torso is fused with each body havina an arm, sounds bad 2 me. God ve mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.