Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,535 members, 7,840,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) (39075 Views)

Conjoined Twins Born In Ganjuwa, Bauchi State (Photos) / 10 Of The World's Most Famous Conjoined Twins / Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Pzone: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
If dem born dem 4 unth nko? He come be wetin! Dem fit even born dem for my grandpa shrine sef. Na when dem Seperate dem successfully we wan hear abeg.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Brilliance9000: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
salsera: conjoined twins have been separated in nigeria before,

either way separation is always risky.

Yes, on numerous occasions by renowned Igbo doctors only.

5 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Olatunjikazim: 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is miracallous
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Ahh Shiit, Wtf did i click on this....
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by everyday: 3:53am On Jun 08, 2013
Please will the Government get up and save these twins.The curse will be on their head.Which kind yeye country be this
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 08, 2013
I feel sorry for the parents. I know surgery is a hard choice to make for your child but I hope they will chose to operate on these twins. cry
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 08, 2013
*Unfollow*

Shiit giving me the Creeps.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by toprealman: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2013
Her name is Dr. Ezinne......very good wife material. Problem is that she is in very serious relationship so guy back off!
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Chinom(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2013
MovingTrain: Is it me or am I the only one noticing this very cute colleague of mine mechanically ventilating the twins?

Na UNTH Enugu now. You should expect that. The Coal-city has the finest breed of women per square meter. If say na UI......"coughs"
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Pzone: 9:23am On Jun 08, 2013
Brilliance9000:

Successful separation of two pairs of conjoined twins in Ile Ife, Nigeria:
case reports.
Adejuyigbe O, Sowande OA, Olabanji JK, Komolafe EO, Faponle F, Adetiloye VA,
Famurewa OC, Akinyoola AL.
East Afr Med J. 2005 Jan;82(1):50-4.
Department of Surgery, OAUTHC, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Abstract
Conjoined twins are rare phenomena occurring in one in 1 in 50,000 live births.
Successful surgical separation of conjoined twins is a major undertaking
requiring careful planning by a multidisciplinary team. Reports of seperation of
joined twins in developing countries like Nigeria are rare. Ten cases of conjoined
twins were separated between 1936 and January 2003 (including the authors
two new cases). There were five omphalopagus, two pygopagus, two
heterpagus and one ishiopagus twins. Three underwent emergency separation
with 83.3% mortality while seven underwent elective seperation with 64.3%
survival. The overall mortality rate was 50%. Despite the absence of advanced
technological resource selected group of conjoined twins can be successfully
separated in a developing country like Nigeria. An improvement in facilities and
availability of trained personnel in likely to be associated with improved
outcome.
Source: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16122113/

...Your name is brilliance but it appears... Anyways the ability to separate Siamese twins successfully or do other complex surgeries is not peculiar to any tribe, get over yourself. Its people like you(tribalist) who are working against the progress of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by thaemm: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2013
So much noise about abroad... They were just separated 2 nights ago in UNTH.... They shared some things in the chest so they salvaged one of them.. And that one is still alive in the intensive care unit.
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Cashio(m): 10:41am On Jun 08, 2013
johnwizey: Me: Were our govt dey nw
Spirit: U̶̲̥̅̊ dey craze, U̶̲̥̅̊ get govt for uя country?
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Cashio(m): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2013
johnwizey: Me: Were our govt dey nw
Spirit: U̶̲̥̅̊ dey craze, U̶̲̥̅̊ get govt for uя country?
posted 11:11 pm....ang got 11 likes...interesting
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by tolugar: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
Jayeris: If you look carefully, you'll notice that the twins are joined at the chest region, its as if there is only one upper chest region there, they may be sharing vital organs, which means seperation may be impossible. Just have to wait until proper details are furnished as regards the extent of how cojoined they are.
the twins share two hands and one upper region, so seperation is near impossible without lossing one or both
on the other hand they can be well taken care of to adulthood.i don't think the experts involed are considering seperation at the moment but their health.i'll be glad to share any first hand updates if any.
am trying to upload the unedited CS video but my network is slow...
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Environer: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
The ''medical professionals'' (nurse of doctor) in these pictures need to be fired ASAP. No hand gloves, no face masks, and look how tattered the bed is, exposing the kids (and themselves) to potential infection. This can only happen in Nigeria and other developing countries.

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by sKeetz(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
^ ^Have you eaten today? undecided
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Daviyd: see this BLATANT LIAR

MTCHEEW! <-------that's what you'll ever deserve from me! angry
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Brilliance9000:

SMH! to think 5 people liked this is pathetic! Kai!

Like seriously?
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by jpphilips(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Lilimax:
A little act of kindness from well meaning Nigerians will raise the much needed funds for this seperation.
Good to know they have separate heart and different abdominal organs.
I pray that God will keep them alive.

the govt should see this as an opportunity to a medical breakthrough, all the state ministry of health and the federal min. of health should synergize to get this surgery done here in Nigeria.
Our best surgeons should be invited to take part in this ground breaking event.
dr aghaji was a consultant cardio surgeon abroad, why not here?
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by jpphilips(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
toprealman: Her name is Dr. Ezinne......very good wife material. Problem is that she is in very serious relationship so guy back off!

how moronic of you
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by ACM10: 8:44am On Jun 10, 2013
This is a picture of the twins which I found online.

Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
ACM10: This is a picture of the twins which I found online.

Pls be sure of the info you are pasting here... This twins in this picture look totally different
Re: Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
Loooool. Why am i seeing this now. This happened at my centre. One of the twins was already compromised and the seperation was done by surgeons here. That one was lost. The other survived but died after 96hrs.
The cutie is my colleague. And Ezinne is not her name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.