Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:01 AM

Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions (6277 Views)

Lagos Plans Expansions Of Ikeja-alausa Road To Tackle Gridlock / Lagos Plans Hi-Tech Traffic Management System / Lagos Plans New Independent Power Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 4:34am On Jun 07, 2013
[b]]Lagos State Government has announced plans to provide Independent Power Project (IPP) aimed at ensuring 24-hours uninterrupted power supply will be spread across to tertiary institutions in the state in the nearest future.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola(SAN) revealed this Thursday at a forum held at the Main Auditorium, Lagos State University (LASU) to commemorate his 2200 days in office.

The forum was well attended by students from various tertiary institutions in the state including students of LASU, Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Lagos State College of Education (LACOED), Lagos City Polytechnic, youth organisations members of the State Executive Council, amongst others.

Governor Fashola said the state government is already putting finishing touches to commence the project to service government offices in Ikeja and environs including the Alausa Secretariat.

He said on completion of the Alausa IPP the project will be extended to accommodate tertiary institutions in the state, saying the idea was to free the bulk of electricity consumption by government agencies.[/b]

Governor Fashola urged youths to begin to develop new innovations and solutions to societal challenges to ensure the future does not take them unawares.

To this end, he urged youths in the state to come forward and access the N1.5b Research fund provided by the government.

He said he had inaugurated a Committee to set guidelines for access of the research fund, which he said will challenge youths to begin to develop new strategies through adaptive, innovative and creative thinking.

He said the current state of the nation warrants that the training methods be re-orientated to retain the critical building blocks but at the same time become adapted to the real needs of society.

But he lamented that six months since the year started, no one had come up to apply for the research fund saying that the future development of the country rests in the ability of the present generation to come up with home grown ideas and models to solving problems.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=8971&catid=26

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 4:39am On Jun 07, 2013
Funny how we blame the government for not supporting talented Nigerians with research and development funds, but N1.5 billion free research funds is sitting dormant with zero interest or any researcher to claim it for research..

smh...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Omexonomy: 5:41am On Jun 07, 2013
Tell fashola to reduce the school fees of lasu from N300 thousand naira back to N25 thousand naira for over 80% of student of lasu are non indegìne mostly people accross the niger. Most of lag indegine could not afford that much.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Omexonomy: 5:44am On Jun 07, 2013
eko ileee: Funny how we blame the government for not supporting talented Nigerians with research and development funds, but N1.5 billion free research funds is sitting dormant with zero interest or any researcher to claim it for research..

smh...
another lie. This so called research fund that is too dificult to asses. That was why does who need the fund never botherd themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Omexonomy: 5:50am On Jun 07, 2013
The funny thing about all this is that LASU was ment for indigenes as other state school are ment for their indigenes. LO AND BEHOLD OVER 80% OF STUDENT ARE FROM NON YORUBA SPEAKING STATE.
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 5:50am On Jun 07, 2013
Omexonomy: another lie. This so called research fund that is too dificult to asses. That was why does who need the fund never botherd themselves.

You know this because you've tried and experienced what you just spewed?

It's not by force to comment..
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 5:54am On Jun 07, 2013
Omexonomy: Tell fashola to reduce the school fees of lasu from N300 thousand naira back to N25 thousand naira for over 80% of student of lasu are non indegìne mostly people accross the niger. Most of lag indegine could not afford that much.

You know this because you took a poll or conducted your own research to arrive at that percentage?
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by kunlekunle: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2013
Abeg that should be a project for one or two of those engineering graduates.
solar power, thier poo, or wind energy would do.

Fasola should not even bother paying anyone to do that, cos its a challenge on the students.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Omexonomy: 7:46am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle: Abeg that should be a project for one or two of those engineering graduates.

Fasola should not even bother paying anyone to do that, cos its a challenge on the students.
which student is it the none indigene?
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by kunlekunle: 7:49am On Jun 07, 2013
Omexonomy: which student is it the none indigene?

so lagosians dont study again?
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by naptu2: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2013
I like that idea. If you are not allowed to distribute electricity, you can remove government agencies from the grid and thus free up electricity on the grid for other consumers (reducing demand).

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Wendyslim(f): 7:53am On Jun 07, 2013
naptu2: I like that idea. If you are not allowed to distribute electricity, you can remove government agencies from the grid and thus free up electricity on the grid for other consumers (reducing demand).
. True talk. Seconded

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 7:57am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle:

He's trolling. Not too hard to spot a troll, they spew senseless and absurd rubbish...
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2013
naptu2: I like that idea. If you are not allowed to distribute electricity, you can remove government agencies from the grid and thus free up electricity on the grid for other consumers (reducing demand).

One of the many things I like about these guys is their forward looking and creative ways. They are not stagnant and sitting around, they are constantly coming up with creative ideas and following them up...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by gbanikiti(m): 8:03am On Jun 07, 2013
True talk! meanwhile, Jakande Estate at Iba town which is a stone throw from LASU is going through hell with Electricity problems. The feeder which ought to have been completed for long has been under construction for more than a decade now. I urge Fashola to extend the IPP project to the Estate. After all it belongs to the State Government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by anonimi: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle: Abeg that should be a project for one or two of those engineering graduates.

You obviously do not understand how government works in Nigeria. How will he get his own egunje if he does not "pay anyone to do that"
I see, you may have been carried away by that STORY of N1.5b research grant, right? My bro, abeg learn to read between the line make you for sabi how these poliTRICKians work! Mark this thread and come back on June 07, 2014 to review what has been done so far, ok?

I guess Eko Ile wants us to start singing Halleluja and Alhamudilalhi because supposedly smart Fashola WILL BE installing (future tense) very big generators for the tertiary institutions in Lagos at hyper inflated prices as usual.

Somebody shout Hallelujah to the people's governor lipsrsealed grin shocked

It matters not that so many primary and secondary schools in Lagos state are dilapidated, have no toilets or pipeborne water etc.
MISPLACED priorities.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ekoileee: 8:19am On Jun 07, 2013
gbanikiti: True talk! meanwhile, Jakande Estate at Iba town which is a stone throw from LASU is going through hell with Electricity problems. The feeder which ought to have been completed for long has been under construction for more than a decade now. I urge Fashola to extend the IPP project to the Estate. After all it belongs to the State Government.

I feel your pain, but Fashola can not distribute electricity into residences right now, his hands are tied in that regards curtsy of your federal government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by banku: 8:31am On Jun 07, 2013
Somebody talks sense and sees thru the smoke.

anonimi:

You obviously do not understand how government works in Nigeria. How will he get his own egunje if he does not "pay anyone to do that"
I see, you may have been carried away by that STORY of N1.5b research grant, right? My bro, abeg learn to read between the line make you for sabi how these poliTRICKians work! Mark this thread and come back on June 07, 2014 to review what has been done so far, ok?

I guess Eko Ile wants us to start singing Halleluja and Alhamudilalhi because supposedly smart Fashola WILL BE installing (future tense) very big generators for the tertiary institutions in Lagos at hyper inflated prices as usual.

It matters not that so many primary and secondary schools in Lagos state are dilapidated, have no toilets or pipeborne water etc.
MISPLACED priorities.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Omexonomy: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle:

the school fees of N300 thousand naira is suffocating them only non indigene who can afford it are there
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by fitzmayowa: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2013
hmmmmmmmm following

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by metti(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2013
Is there anyway we can make this Man our president?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Forzap: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2013
I hope dere wont be toll on dis IPP

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by aglomar: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2013
Nice! l hope UNILAG will really have to pay for it as it is FG's property.
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2013
Omexonomy: Tell fashola to reduce the school fees of lasu from N300 thousand naira back to N25 thousand naira for over 80% of student of lasu are non indegìne mostly people accross the niger. Most of lag indegine could not afford that much.
i dont know where this jews get their bizzares assumptions like they own 80% of lagos,70% of abuja,they are 80% of all students in sw universities, are this people this deluded or what

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by kaysy(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2013
I really need to walk up to the Governor and claim my cash cos in terms of entrepreneurial disposition, i think i've tried sha... Creating an online discussion platform for students and prospective students is not an easy task, very soon exam past questions will be integrated to the site for students at all levels... what do you think??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ocheejemb: 10:47am On Jun 07, 2013
eko ileee: Funny how we blame the government for not supporting talented Nigerians with research and development funds, but N1.5 billion free research funds is sitting dormant with zero interest or any researcher to claim it for research..

smh...
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by ocheejemb: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

MISPLACED priorities.

So Its a misplaced priority for all tertiary institutions to enjoy uninterrupted 24-7 power?
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by anonimi: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
oche_ejemb:

So Its a misplaced priority for all tertiary institutions to enjoy uninterrupted 24-7 power?

Yes it is a MISPLACED priority to buy heavy duty GENERATORS and pass them on to the gullible public as IPPs when you have so many PUBLIC primary schools in Lagos looking worse than this one in Surulere

and Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN cannot ensure that gutters (open drains) are cleaned and bushes cleared REGULARLY (by workers who are paid based on the 18k minimum wage not some scam "empowerment" 10k that is even delayed)to avoid annual flooding of Lagos streets even in supposedly posh areas like the one in the picture below:

You do not start building a house from the roof downwards, or do you

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by anonimi: 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
kaysy: I really need to walk up to the Governor and claim my cash cos in terms of entrepreneurial disposition, i think i've tried sha... Creating an online discussion platform for students and prospective students is not an easy task, very soon exam past questions will be integrated to the site for students at all levels... what do you think??

Please do and share the outcome with us here.
Best of luck.
Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by Omexonomy: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
ayswags: i dont know where this jews get their bizzares assumptions like they own 80% of lagos,70% of abuja,they are 80% of all students in sw universities, are this people this deluded or what
i live in badagry ane iyana iba so i know what i am saying.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions by kaysy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
anonimi:

Please do and share the outcome with us here.
Best of luck.

Sure i will bro... thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny But Pathetic Situation of Child Abuse in Nigeria / Photos From Accident That Happened Yesterday In Asaba / Nigeria To Establish DNA Databank For Tracking Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.