Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,431 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? (547 Views)

Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times / Buhari: A Need To End Mediocrity And Quota System. / A 1988 NY Times Report On Nigeria's Quota System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by SouthEast: 6:19am On Jun 09, 2013
I just read about the Unity school cut off marks and see how people twist arguments in favor of quota system. So I ask why would you support quota system and not rotational presidency? They are both based on the same principle of letting each person/region have the opportunity to do something
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by Abali1(m): 6:24am On Jun 09, 2013
SouthEast: I just read about the Unity school cut off marks and see how people wist arguments in favor of quota system. So I ask why would you support quota system and not rotational presidency? They are both based on the same principle of letting each person/region have the opportunity to do something
Some pretend not understand the logic behind QUOTA SYSTEM. I doubt that very much. If you support quota system, why not Rotational presidency?
Why then are we opposing people who believe that GEJ should be allowed to serve out his time, afterall his region produces the OIL?
Why do we even bother if he can deliver on the Job?

I dare say that AFTER GEJ, power should go back to the North (not because they merit it, but because in the spirit of QUOTA SYSTEM it is their turn).
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by SouthEast: 6:28am On Jun 09, 2013
Abali1:
Some pretend not understand the logic behind QUOTA SYSTEM. I doubt that very much. If you support quota system, why not Rotational presidency?
Why then are we opposing people who believe that GEJ should be allowed to serve out his time, afterall his region produces the OIL?
Why do we even bother if he can deliver on the Job?

Precisely the point. If I am from Gombe (or any other northern state) and I get into Fed school with a cut off of 2 to rub shoulders with those who scored 130 and above from SE, why would an incompetent (even though he is not) GEJ not be allowed to rule Nigeria? Why would Igbos be prevented from ruling?
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by kufre2010: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Quota system and rotation or turn by turn are all tools imployed by the northern to place their illiterate and semi illeterate people against the competent and well qualified southerner.
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by kufre2010: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2013
Say no to quota system and rotation, say no to mediocracy and say yes to merit.
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by SouthEast: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
This topic is worth discussing. It should not be avoided
We either do away with quota system completely, or we apply it to every other thing.
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
This is a systemic problem. Discussing the quota system without discussing the brand of federalism we practice is like treating the symptoms of a disease rather than the disease itself.
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by cjrane: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2013
[size=15pt]BECAUSE NIGERIANS ARE NATURALLY HYPOCRITES![/size]
Re: Why Do You Support Quota System And Not Rotational Presidency? by oiseworld: 5:21am On Jun 10, 2013
I don't believe in either.
Quota system is a fraud, so is rotational presidency. The president is the chief servant and so why should I rotate my servants? I'll rather let the best servant do the job.

(1) (Reply)

Queen Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen In Delta State / How To Remember June 12 Correctly And What Should Be Learnt From The Annulment / Ifeanyi Ubah Of Capital Oil And Gas And His Urge To Become The Govnor Of Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.