Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,267 members, 7,954,039 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

7 PDP Governors To Float Party - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 PDP Governors To Float Party (25928 Views)

Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / 7 PDP Governors In Private Meeting With APC For Buhari , Says Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Dzany(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
hnmmmmm....old wine, new bottle.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Orikinla(m): 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
The greatest opposition to the PDP is inside the PDP.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by gerald09(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hahahaha this bunch are so funny, dis stunt will further show how our statesmen fink. They will eventually sell dere soul to d highest bidder. Even if they don't dey don spoil market for APC is dey split the d northern votes den APC is left wif just a bit of the north n some of d SW. This shows dat our politicians have no ideology or principle, money n power is what every single 1 of dem crave and unfortunately for them its will only cos destruction. No honour amongst thieves in Nigeria.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by omiobo: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
gramci:

Bro you must be too dumb to see what is happening, this will give President GEJ automatic PDP ticket, this renegade will definitely field a northern candidate that will split Buhari's vote up north. You can't bank on Amaechi VP ticket to guarantee Rivers State vote for this group.

Learn to look at the big picture.

I didn't common sense in your post. What concerns us about Gej winning PDP ticket? The issue here is that GEJ is gradually losing his stand. This is not how politics is done. He can't win 2015 through violence but through settlements. I, totally agreed with Dele Momodu,he should settlement with them to get what he wants,and then after do what he likes. If this is the way GeJ is heading he should not bother contesting in 2015 election,because all he will get is shame.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by TechyGuy: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
For those of you who are wishing PDP crumbles, I'm sure y'all kids in Nigeria and politics.
If PDP dies, the new party will become "PDP". What every wise and learned person will be praying for is vibrant opposition(s).
Opposition is not about disagreeing with every thing that's from the other party, it's not about attacking every policy from the other party. It's not about ambition.
It's about providing solutions. They have started in some states, they should have planned on spreading to every region.

2 Likes

Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gamji007: PDP is gradually turning into a regional party. I give all the credits to the clueless one!
He is rather breaking the monopoly of the northern stronghold on the party and making it a truly national acceptable party.
You can see the resistance is coming from a section of the country using Amaechi as a destabilising tool to cripple Jonathan efforts
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by moodswing(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
TechyGuy:

Thank you so much. This is the reason I got fed up with ACN. They should have projected for presidency in 2019. Make their governors deliver, spread beyond the SW and by 2019, either PDP sits up and deliver or ACN would be returning the president with landslide.
Nay, they turned themselves to activists, fighting everything that does not come from ACN, good or bad, and supporting everything ACN, good or BAD.

Comment of the day.

No one could have said it better. I used to look up to Tinubu politically, because he truly stood for something, and I still respect him no matter what. But the whole APC thing is a pure political miscalculation.

Aligning with people of dubious intent rubbishes the whole idea of being a credible opposition and alternative to the ruling party.

GEJ I trust and am sticking with him. Not because he is PDP or from SS, neither, it's because he is responsible and deserves a second chance to continue his transformation agenda.

I am an economist, and can boldly tell you that we haven't had it better.

3 Likes

Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by danny301: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1: cry grin grin
i love this ,
where are those that call MR PRESIDENT CLUELESS?
now the game is playing itself out.
divide the opposition
WE CALL IT DIVIDE AND RULE
CARRY ON GEJ TILL 2019

I don't know why several Nigerian who claim to know it all appear to have problem with simple but logical reasonings when it has to do with their interests .... Here is just a political gossip that is yet to be confirmed by any quarter and people are already reaching conclusions and giving credits to some persons as well as giving name(s) to a supposed tactic DIVIDE AND RULE)..... And assuming the story is even true (which is quite unlikely) how is it a plus to PDP and GEJ?.... A party has 23 Governors and felt winning the 2015 election would not be easy ( According Tony Anineh)then 7 out of 23 Governors are said to be planning to break out of the party and it automatically becomes a plus to that party...... Over the year i thought deflection by major political powers like state Governors is(was) a minus to parties but today our 'Nairaland Political Analysts' are telling us something else .

Orji Uzor Kalu left PDP before 2007 as a sitting Governor and PDP lost the state, Isa Yaguda left ANPP as a serving before 2011 general election and ANPP lost the state...... Its either many Nigerians are bad political analysts or they are just blind followers that are not making good use of their brains( or both).

1 Like

Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by vislabraye(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
So much in house politics in PDP. These 7 governors should rather join CPC or AC
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ajibel: Their plan is dead on arrival. With a third party, there wont be a strong opposition force against PDP. They better leave their personal interests <aside> and align with APC for a stronger rivalry with the PDP.
No, but they wont embarassed
And they shovld forget that "in-road" into S/west

They are all the same...APC = PDP...
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by texaco1: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
danny301:

I don't know why several Nigerian who claim to know it all appear to have problem with simple but logical reasonings when it has to do with their interests .... Here is just a political gossip that is yet to be confirmed by any quarter and people are already reaching conclusions and giving credits to some persons as well as giving name(s) to a supposed tactic DIVIDE AND RULE)..... And assuming the story is even true (which is quite unlikely) how is it a plus to PDP and GEJ?.... A party has 23 Governors and felt winning the 2015 election would not be easy ( According Tony Anineh)then 7 out of 23 Governors are said to be planning to break out of the party and it automatically becomes a plus to that party...... Over the year i thought deflection by major political powers like state Governors is(was) a minus to parties but today our 'Nairaland Political Analysts' are telling us something else .

Orji Uzor Kalu left PDP before 2007 as a sitting Governor and PDP lost the state, Isa Yaguda left ANPP as a serving before 2011 general election and ANPP lost the state...... Its either many Nigerians are bad political analysts or they are just blind followers that are not making good use of their brains( or both).
i wont trade insults with u,just read through intelligent people posts here and see how the whole thing favours pdp and gej.
so in ur thought u think this is a bad omen for pdp abi?we shall see.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
chris365:

must you comment? angry
yes! How about you?
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Ibime(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
Amaechi would be a fool to float a party of the North

The people of Rivers State gave him no şuch mandate and no backing to oppose the first SS president on a National level, and that's why his recent escapades are an exercise in self destruction.

1 Like

Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by texaco1: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
when some of raised this issue when this apc thing started we were called all sort of names.,
this apc merger stuff is going to detrimental for acn,acn should have stayed alone and keep working towards wining more states in the sout east and south south.rather than making this merger.the parties in this so called merger are the ones that will crumble the party.i know tinubu will not let down his guard in the south west.
the only good thing that might come out of apc is acn using it to penetrate the north which i think this is what tinubu is planning.but for 2015 presidency that is totally impossible for them
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Gpius(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
cool cool its nt abt forming a new party and den helpn Gej's pdp continue in power bt its abt all hand being on desk 2 get our oppresors out of d way...our problem is nt our leaders its religion and tribalism dat is killing us...lets join our hands 2gether an pull bad leadership out of d way and stop insultn and fytn on NL..

1 Like

Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Caseless: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
kunlekunle:

GEJist
hahahahahaha*falls from yacht*
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by chieducollins(m): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Their plans won't work... PDP has a way of mending fences before every election they will settle wt time,,,I just de watch sha...
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by enigmagu1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
second term govnors ..they ar nt powerfull....oga jona no fear..
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by EbirichBen(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
All These Confuse Oppositions, When Will They Wake Up. Everyday, We See More Rubbish Called Opposition.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
Just my personal opinion, no insult please. The far north politicians are playing into gallary. I foresee the far north tactically placed in the oposition in the future. The western region will be systematically drag into the mainstream polity. ACN sucess prior and after the 2011 elections were treaks to weaken obj influence in the party.
If what i said is lie, how comes Oshomole visited Aso rock the court jourgement? Why did Tinumbu visited Aso Rock before 2011 genral election? How comes mimiko visited aso rock after the court affaimation.
JEG is too ambition, and i belief he has set all the electoral ''machines'' he needs to coast to victory come 2015.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by kunleee(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
what a pity, beginning of the return of gej in 2015, unless they later port to apc cus 6 of them comes from apc stronghold.
Or maybe they purposely want to weaken the apc
Politicians are cunning pples
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by saved: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
1 shortblackboy: Dem be politicians dem dey play politics
:-- point of order , as the legislooters say. They are Political prostitutes and are "poly-tricking" Nigerians. QED.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by bknight: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Same bunch of nonsense reshuffling themselves. undecided
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by ojubi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Same reason Obasanjo is running away from GEJ faction of PDP. The new king maker of PDP GEJ himself have told the governors point blank there is no vacancy in aso rock come 2015. The governors themselves don't want to be TINUBU and BUHARI'S puppets hence the new party. Like I say chose you this day whom to vote, I and my family would vote GEJ.
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by confusion247(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Monimatic: congratulations in advance to Goodluck Jonathan on his landslide 2015 victory.
all these so called and wannabe opposition are just getting confused,dumber and clueless like the president everyday
No vacancy in aso rock till 2019
Re: 7 PDP Governors To Float Party by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
These political clowns do not understand the people at all. And it is unfortunate that even so called opposition members are more psychologically secure with PDP...i ll b watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement / Man Attempts To Drink Gutter Water In Celebration Of Governor Ganduje / Simon Achuba Impeached By Kogi State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.