Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents (13513 Views)

Just In: Former Minister, Security Detail kidnapped / APC, Security Agents Scheme To Conduct Rivers Election Under Buhari's Govt– Wike / Minister’s Security Aides Assault Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by omoadeleye(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
he suppose gv dem upper cut
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Napolitano(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bash Ali his dreams. Cos of this same thing, he went to Libya hoping Gadaffi would support his quest. He was very lucky to be among those quickly evacuated before the Libyan war got out of hands. I wish him the best on his dreams but with the way he's going about it is risking his self-esteem like we just saw.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by ophilly: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Eyah..He has a lofty ambition, which is quite commendable but I think he should respect himself, having achieved so much in boxing, I think he should stay retired gallantly. Honestly speaking, he is no match for the guys currently on cruiserweight....unless he just wants to die in active service.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by texaco1: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
instead of begging for employment as a national boxing coach,he wants to go into the rings at age 57,gej wont mind him.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by dridowu: 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmm
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Watching that clip would have made me cry if I still had tears left. The old man should have been accorded more dignity, at least on self-recognition as a prominent Nigerian sports figure.

I'm not sure if this manhandling took place before or after he managed to attract the attention of the president, but I'm happy that the president gracefuly granted him audience.

Hope the Minister of Sports helps bring the man's plan to fruition.

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by scientology(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
He needs girls
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by texaco1: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
pro01: Watching that clip would have made me cry if I still had tears left. The old man should have been accorded more dignity, at least on self-recognition as a prominent Nigerian sports figure.

I'm not sure if this manhandling took place before or after he managed to attract the attention of the president, but I'm happy that the president gracefuly granted him audience.

Hope the Minister of Sports helps bring the man's plan to fruition.
he is the one that is not respecting himself.all the fights he has been fighting how many did the fg bankrolled?there is no law that compels govt to foot this bill.if the fg isnt responding why cant he try other cooperate organistaions or multinationals?at one time he said he will be sleeping at the gate of pdp national headquaters as if he is a pensioner.he is the one bringing himself to ridicule ,maybe with this incident someone will have pity on him and bankroll the fight.but who will want to spend millions on a fight like this ?he should try state govs maybe one of them will sponsor the fight

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by ACM10: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:
he is the one that is not respecting himself.all the fights he has been fighting how many did the fg bankrolled?there is no law that compels govt to foot this bill.if the fg isnt responding why cant he try other cooperate organistaions or multinationals?at one time he said he will be sleeping at the gate of pdp national headquaters as if he is a pensioner.he is the one bringing himself to ridicule ,maybe with this incident someone will have pity on him and bankroll the fight.but who will want to spend millions on a fight like this ?he should try state govs maybe one of them will sponsor the fight

Shuo!!! shocked shocked shocked who wan bankroll suicide? Bros you wicked o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by texaco1: 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
ACM10:

Shuo!!! shocked shocked shocked who wan bankroll suicide? Bros you wicked o. cheesy

grin better to bankroll his suicide than to bankroll his burial

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by kegel(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
Desperate...
Well, u have to be if u are in his shoe and u are a Nigerian.
He should have started pushing his button through a member of the National Assembly or through the First Lady. It would have saved him some embarrasment.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by akinnux(m): 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
He asked for it. The question is must the state sponsor his fight. Then why must it be the federal govt? I could remember this man has bèen soliciting the govt. since the days of Obasanjo. Please let him try other means.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by free2ryhme: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
see as him disgrace im self
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Dewze(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
uniqueval: Its a pity BASH Ali couldn't BASH his way through....

He did BASH his way through. He met with the president and spoke his case.

Like I insinuated in an ealier thread concerning thesame matter, this man is doing something that is very significant to the insightful and progressive minds but then is foolishness to the retrogressives. He has BASHED his way in to be listened to by his leader. He has fought for his right, the right to be heard.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Dewze(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
For those of that mocked him by saying he is too old to fight; I hope you are seeing this video.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Turbocharged: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
geeotabor: Really Sad,a man of his status should be respected more than this......its really appauling.

Yes my broda. At d same time a man of his status should also respect himself
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by tallceejay(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
bigtt76: Sad o! No matter his offence at least the police men ought to accord respect to whom its due. Foolish Politicians!

No matter his offence ? I can list 10 things to make Policemen treat him unruly. Security agents will not just manhandle an individual let alone a public figure except it breaches on personal space of anyone...and warnings r made before physical contact. So we may not know the whole story.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Bsmartt(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
the really knows want he want.kudos for a great effort.i respect you sir
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by texaco1: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bsmartt: the really knows want he want.kudos for a great effort.i respect you sir
kudos for what?for disgracing himself abi?that man has been fighting for the past 15yrs and he is not known to be on drugs,he should better off than that.
all his mates are doing very well .he has no wife ,no children,no house and now he has vowed to be sleeping in front of pdp headquaters gate and u say u respect him?i think he realizes that this is his last chance that is why he is desperate
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Jakumo(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
In the video shown above, decorum and protocol were observed by all parties. The police guards showed restraint and compassion by not using rifle-butts to subdue the faded sports star, who in turn did not use his trained fists, to avoid escalation that would have doomed his mission of speaking with his president.

Those police guards would have faced serious disciplinary action if they had not gone through the motions of wrestling with the uninvited gate-crashing guest of President Jonathan, and in reward of his own measured agitation, retired boxer Bash Ali did get to speak then and there with the President and the Minister of Sports.

Don't try that stunt at home, kids, because the next muffuguh who tries to do a Bash Ali and storm the president could wind up in a whole world of hurt. El Presidente's security detail will be on their toes after this spectacle.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by InvertedHammer: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
/
If mountain cannot go to Peter,
Let Peter go to the mountain.

By all means necessary!
The world is not fair and will never be

//
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Nuke: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bash Ali did not gate crash any event. He met with Mr. President at the National Stadium. The President spoke with him for few minutes called the Minister of Sports who had earlier told Mr. President he was handling the project already. Bash Ali was quick to point at the liar in this case. Mr. President then asked him to see the minister the next day by which time he would have given the minister and the project his presidential blessing. Bash Ali headed to the Ministers office the next day to get feedback. Not to his surprise, he was manhandled by the security agents on the order of the Minister.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by texaco1: 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nuke: Bash Ali did not gate crash any event. He met with Mr. President at the National Stadium. The President spoke with him for few minutes called the Minister of Sports who had earlier told Mr. President he was handling the project already. Bash Ali was quick to point at the liar in this case. Mr. President then asked him to see the minister the next day by which time he would have given the minister and the project his presidential blessing. Bash Ali headed to the Ministers office the next day to get feedback. Not to his surprise, he was manhandled by the security agents on the order of the Minister.
grin grin grin the easiest way for bash ali to get the minister approval is simple, he should just join PDP all this gragra he is doing will just be earning him serious beatings and by the way it wasnt wise of him to be calling the person who will be in charge of his matter a liar in front of the President bash ali sef grin
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by EmperorSpecie(m): 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
alyarmouk: na wa ooo....illiterate policemen.
person no fit see wu im elect again

who u b 2 go c d no 1 citizen of dz country uninvited. U no ft meet dangote or adenuga lik dt sef lt alne mr. Presido. Bsidz d policemen did wat dy r bein paid 2 do.
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by nobaga: 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
That is the mentality created by politicians in Nigeria. Government is the source of everything to become rich. He needs to get private investors to ban on him if he thinks that he is still unbeatable. He and his investors will make money.

texaco1:
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by texaco1: 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
nobaga: That is the mentality created by politicians in Nigeria. Government is the source of everything to become rich. He needs to get private investors to ban on him if he thinks that he is still unbeatable. He and his investors will make money.

he is simply a bad investment ,what he should be fighting for now is to establish a boxing academy for youth and young talents the people will know that he is talking sense and then private sponsors will identify with him
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by donem: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jeez! A whole Bash Ali, what an embarrassment to a top National sportman. Smh!
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by Guk: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
TEXT MESSAGES BTW BASH ALI & MINSTER OF NIGER DELTA MINISTRY

Bash Ali: Godsday, we included in the budget the fight and land cost for the 9 sports academies in Nigeria with 3 of your directors at the meeting. And I have always told you that this GWR fight must be done TRANSPARENTLY because apart from the honour and glory that it will bring to Nigeria, there is a lot of PPV fight money which we can all benefit from. Is doing a TRANSPARENT business at your ministry a fake thought that calls for the examination of my head? What happened to the money that was included in the budget? Did you divert it?

Orubebe: I thought you were reasonable but had to withdraw because I realized you are not coordinated, you have a loose and porous mind set and living in the air. (April 23, 2011)

Bash Ali:
You withdrew and sent me back to the NSC because I insisted on a TRANSPARENT deal and now have the audacity to insult me. This is the second time you have said I am living in the air for believing a TRANSPARENT deal can be done at your ministry in particular and Nigeria in general. Do you know that out of 150 million Nigerians, I am one out of less than 5,000 Nigerians that have a national honour, do you know that I am an officer of the Order of the Niger, OON?

Orubebe: OON, a disgrace. I will ensure that you are removed from the honours list. I promise you that. (April 24, 2011)
Bash Ali: That is an empty talk. I got my OON on merit, so a million Godsday cannot take it away. Why are you preventing me from doing more great things for Nigeria and getting the highest national honour possible? Why? Must corruption always win?
Orubebe: [/b]There will be no room for your apology and begging when we set up government without you. (April 28, 2011)
[b]Bash Ali:
Godsday, it is you that must apologise and beg me to forgive you for being rude and talking trash. Set up government without me? What a joke!! If I am a fool for insisting that the boxing deal must be TRANSPARENT then I don’t want to be wise and above all, I gave Jonathan my mandate, not Godsday.

Orubebe: [/b]Big fool. Why can’t you stop deceiving yourself? I am sorry for your children and family for having a stupid father who does not understand the times. (July 9, 2011)
[b]
Bash Ali:
Godsday, does understanding the times mean you have to be corrupt? I was just thinking, why can’t we do a TRANSPARENT business where we can all come out WINNERS? Let us contribute our quota to make Nigeria great, please. Let us help our brother, Jonathan to succeed, please.

Orubebe: It’s like you are in love with Orubebe, remove shame and come, I will forgive you and teach you to be a responsible man like me. (July 10, 2011)

Bash Ali: [/b]I cannot be in love with a man who has an arid vision for Nigeria. What shame? And forgive me for insisting on a TRANSPARENT business? Does being corrupt make a man like you responsible? I feel sorry for Nigerians, Jonathan.
[b]Orubebe:
Your foolishness has made you not to know that this is the man that can bail you out of your blindness and frustration. Time is clicking. Don’t make me change my mind again. (July10, 2011)

Bash Ali: You are the foolish and blind man who wants to continue to steal from government because you are in power. I will never again deal with you unless I get instruction from Jonathan. You are right, time is clicking because very soon, I will lead a revolution that will remove corrupt people like you from government and if I die in the process, nothing can be more redemptive.
Orubebe: How can you be afraid to die when you have nothing to offer to Nigeria? (July 10, 2011)

Bash Ali:
I have contributed more to the betterment of Nigeria than you. I have spent millions of Naira to promote sports and NEVER asked government for a kobo despite being frustrated by a corrupt man like you.
Orubebe: Come and take one very small contract to survive (July 13, 2011)
Bash Ali: Give the very small contract to survive to your corrupt friends in government.
Orubebe: [/b]If you are a fool at this age, am sorry for your children and family. I will tell your children to deny you. Big FOOL. (July 15, 2011)

[b]Bash Ali:
From your action and text messages, you have shown Jonathan that he made a big mistake by appointing an idiot like you as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. A revolution is coming and it will sweep you out of office.
Orubebe: It’s like you have no job. I would have taken you as an aide but you don’t have the brains. Sorry, too bad. Yours is a hopeless case. (July 15, 2011)

Bash Ali: I am a world boxing champion and a national honour holder but your corrupt government has made me jobless, frustrated and hopeless but my brain is intact for a REVOLUTION that would remove you from office. Mark my word.
Orubebe: I thought your head was getting normal. Oh sorry, I have volunteered to take you to Uselu at my own cost to bring you to normalcy. Foolish man, stupid man, crazy man, nuisance to society. Waste to our generation. Uselu is your rightful home. (Sept 1, 2011)
Re: Bash Ali Manhandled By Minister’s Security Agents by mkoabiola: 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ds no b small matter ooo.
Very serious .
Uncle joe must see d video.
Am sending it right now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: Why Tinubu Is Better As An Ally Than Opponent / Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server / Corruption In Aviation Sector Caused Dana Air Crash – CPC Publicity Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.