Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... (593 Views)

Please I Would Like To Know Who Is The Hottest Guy On Nairaland / If I Was A Boy. . Strickly For Ladies ( Guys Don't Even Peep) / "If I Were the Richest Person on Earth ..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... by Salore4real(m): 10:17am On Jun 09, 2013
This thread is for the purpose of giving us all the oportunity of rubbing minds together on how to solve the myriad of challenges facing this beloved country of ours.

No doubt, the country is facing lots of challenges ranging from corruption, terrorism, insecurity, poverty, underdevelopment... The list is endless!

The youth, they say, is the future of tomorrow and who knows, tomorrow may present an opportunity for some of us to take charge of the country's affairs.. I hope some of the ideas shared in this thread may be useful in helping us find lasting solutions to our numerous commn challenges..

The FLOOR IS NOW OPEN!!
Re: If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... by Salore4real(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2013
To make the thread interesting and organized we can start proferring our solutions by first naming the problem, and then the solution..

For example,
LOOTING OF PUBLIC FUNDS- this can be stemmed by public execution of offenders.... Etc
Re: If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... by ImpactWorld(m): 10:35am On Jun 09, 2013
Problem: Do or die attitude of our politicians.
Solution: Make political office less attractive. Politicians should earn very little; maybe only allowances. Political office should purely be for service to Nigeria and Nigerians.

More later...

1 Like

Re: If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... by Adrenaline123(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2013
create a new type of efcc and fill it with people with fear of God
Re: If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... by Salore4real(m): 11:37am On Jun 09, 2013
Adrenaline123: create a new type of efcc and fill it with people with fear of God

what would happen to the previous ones (I mean EFCC and ICPC)? Will you recommend scrapping them? If you do, don't you think many will be made jobless??

I would rather demonstrate zero tolerance for non-performance of these institutions by sacking any non-performing 'oga' of these institutions. This will go a long way in sending signals to would-be new bosses that they must DELIVER..
I also think these institutions are non-performing because the leaders at the top wish it so..
Re: If I Was Made The President, I Would Have... by Salore4real(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2013
ImpactWorld: Problem: Do or die attitude of our politicians.
Solution: Make political office less attractive. Politicians should earn very little; maybe only allowances. Political office should purely be for service to Nigeria and Nigerians.

I quite agree with you. The 'benefits' attached to political offices is too attractive and is attracting the wrong people. If it is made less lucrative, maybe only people willing to serve in the real sense would vy for political offices

(1) (Reply)

ATM Fraud By Banks Any Advice To Stop It? / Politics Complain Thread - Unfair Bans! / Judge Orders Baby's Name Changed From 'messiah'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.